PDA

View Full Version : I have a new favorite band.

tasuki
06-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Has anyone here heard of Dir En Grey. :-? If not, they're a japanese band that cross dresses (that's not really why I like them, but I'm okay with it though.) They don't cross dress all the time though, probably only half the time. Anyone who appreciates hard rock can appreciate them. Half the time they sing in English and the other half they speak in Japanese (at least I think so, their accent is so strong that you can't understand them most of the time anyways. [Which in some cases is a probably good thing.]) Their lyrics as far as I've heard are completely psychotic. You'd have to look some Dir En Grey stuff up yourself to know what I mean. :goofygri: The part I like most about the band is their hair. They it spike up even though their hair is long (for guys anyways.) It's so cool, 8) because it looks like anime hair. :evilgrin: You know how in anime their hair is always so wild, take Dragon Ball Z for example, when the saiyans go super. It's sort of like that. I tried doing my hair like that, but...........it wouldn't spike, it just kind of seperated, and I used more than one layer of my gel too. :cry: I've made an oath to spike my hair up at least once this summer because of Dir En Grey. :evilgrin: I have spiking gel and everthing, but I just can't figure out what I want to do with it yet. :(

Voltron
06-12-2003, 03:25 PM
my friend listens to them ALL the time. Literally. He is completely obsessed with Asian women. He's the weirdest kid ever.

The Defibrillator
06-12-2003, 10:54 PM
What kind of hard rock are they? Like Linkin Park? or Godsmack? A lot of ppl I know classify Good Charlotte as hard rock, but it sounds to me like these dudes (Dir En Grey) are heavy metal.

I'll look em up later...

That Matt Guy
06-12-2003, 11:02 PM
So what, their a Japanese version of Twisted Sister?

GK Punk
06-12-2003, 11:32 PM
I've heard of them, they are pretty good. I dig L'arc en ciel, and Yellow Monkey better, but they are a good band.

Kid Icarus
06-12-2003, 11:58 PM
So what, their a Japanese version of Twisted Sister?

did twisted sister ever write a song about maggots eating out of a cats skull in the mud? :evilgrin: .

I've heard of Dir en Grey, but I haven't heard their music... I have a friend who recites the translated lyrics though.

That Matt Guy
06-13-2003, 05:33 AM
Maggots eating out of a cats skull? Thats nothing. Go look up a band called Anal **** and read their lyrics.

tasuki
06-16-2003, 06:11 AM
my friend listens to them ALL the time. Literally. He is completely obsessed with Asian women. He's the weirdest kid ever.

But they're not girls. All of them are guys.

ironhelix
06-16-2003, 06:14 AM
I've heard of them, they are pretty good. I dig L'arc en ciel, and Yellow Monkey better, but they are a good band.

L'arc en ciel rules.

tasuki
06-16-2003, 06:16 AM
What kind of hard rock are they? Like Linkin Park? or Godsmack? A lot of ppl I know classify Good Charlotte as hard rock, but it sounds to me like these dudes (Dir En Grey) are heavy metal.

I'll look em up later...

They might be somewhat metal I'm not sure. The only thing I've heard them be called was Jrock. Though I can tell you they aren't like Licoln Park or Godsmack, somewhat similar, but not quite alike, and I can't say that I consider Good Charlotte hard rock. I consider them punk rock, but I know a lot of people would disagree.