PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse: TMNT III or Batman and Robin

ObiWanFan4life
03-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Both movies are almost universally panned by critics and fans alike but which was the more painful film to watch? You decide

rufus
03-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Batman & Robin.

ObiWanFan4life
03-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Batman & Robin.
For what reasons?

Metropoliskid41
03-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Oh man that's a tough one, I'm actually going to go with TMNT III. I can't find much of anything in that movie entertaining or enjoyable, its so bad. It's supposed to be set in the same continuity as the first movie & yet being so far off in tone & execution.

Batman & Robin is pretty awful (not as awful as Catwoman in my opinion) but at least I find all of Arnold's lines as Mr. Freeze to be pretty entertaining and funny (even if they aren't intended to be). It's terrible movie but at least it makes me laugh and I get some cheap mindless entertainment out of a few parts of the movie, where as TMNT III has no such moments in my opinion.

CyberCubed
03-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Batman and Robin. TMNT III is a fun time travel story.

ObiWanFan4life
03-27-2013, 08:35 AM
I feel you buddy.At the very least Batman and Robin was in so bad it's good territory and that Joel Schumacher APOLOGIZED for it, Tmnt III was just tedious, unfunny and borderline painful to watch.

ObiWanFan4life
03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
That and the fact that i cannot stand the nipples on tha batsuit. Seriously?

Nameless
03-27-2013, 10:14 AM
so I think i'm one of the few people who loves TMNT 3. I think its because its the only turtle movie i had growing up. That said my obvious choice is Batman and Robin is Worse.

Konchadunga
03-27-2013, 10:28 AM
I might have to watch them again to decide. TMNTIII had serviceable martial arts action; B&R's choreography was so awful that a picture book adaptation rewrote it and wound up more entertaining. On the other hand, TMNTIII's humor was just annoying all the way through, while B&R's was stupid, but had a fun cheese factor. Arnold was obviously having a blast with it. My other huge problem with the movie is how it reduces Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, who were complex villains, down to one-note mustache-twirlers. Yet after I know what to expect from it, B&R is more watchable--probably. Again, I'll need to recheck.

Jephael
03-27-2013, 10:49 AM
I can always go back and watch the third Ninja Turtles movie because it brings back a lot of fond memories, but I can't for the life of me stand to watch Batman and Robin, no matter how cute I thought Alicia Silverstone was as Batgirl.

ObiWanFan4life
03-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Batman and Robin. TMNT III is a fun time travel story.

How? in what sense of the word

Tuxedo Moroboshi
03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
I honestly don't know how to answer this question. It's like asking me if I'd rather eat dog **** or cat ****. In the end, I'm still eating ****.

ryukenden
03-27-2013, 11:29 AM
It's really hard to choose because both films completely went off course from the dark tone that the first installments established and became much more light-hearted and kid friendly. Instead, they just burned the bridges of ever continuing on as movie series. As there were so many things wrong with those movies, the most popular single things in partiulcar are the Turtle animatronics and the Bat Credit Card. But my own issues were that Batgirl didn't even have a cowl and that a TMNT movie set in Feudal Japan would make more sense to focus on Leonardo.

Shreddhead
03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Im gonna have to go with Batman and Robin. The only way I can make it through that is by watching the Rifftrax version of the film. I can still make it through the whole TMNT III, I think. On that note...

Dear Mike, Bill, and Kevin,
PLEEEEEASE riff TMNT III!

Candy Kappa
03-27-2013, 12:57 PM
I honestly don't know how to answer this question. It's like asking me if I'd rather eat dog **** or cat ****. In the end, I'm still eating ****.

Pretty much this.

Although, I think Batman & Robin got slightly more "so bad it is entertaining" vibe

Powder
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
I love TMNT 3. Never seen B&R as I'm not really a Batman fan.

Teddy
03-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Aww, I actually kinda liked Batman and Robin. :(

So yeah, for me Turtles III is by far the worst of the two. It's just painful to watch. At least B&R has some entertainment value.

Bossa Nova
03-27-2013, 07:39 PM
I actually like both films, so I can't really decide which is "worse" since I don't personally find either of them as deplorable as other people seem to. I guess if I had to choose I would pick Batman and Robin, but that's just because I'm way more of a TMNT fan than a Batman fan, but even so it's not like I hate it or anything. They're both cheesy, they both kind of miss the mark, but I get the feeling that neither film is really taking itself all too seriously to begin with anyway which is why it works.

Wildcat
03-28-2013, 12:33 AM
TMNT 3.

Im in a huge minority but I enjoyed B&R and Forever was my favorite of the 89-90s Batmans.

I really dont like 89 or Returns. Theyre meant to be serious but alot of stupid stuff happens. Joker shoots down the Bat Wing with a hand gun, Bat suit is bulletproof in the first but Catwoman claws through it, Batmobile's armor was so easily breached.

B&R at least knew it was nothing but over the top action and special effects and thats what it was. Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't trying to be clever. At least thats how it comes off.

liugeaux
03-28-2013, 12:55 AM
Batman and Robin by a long shot. Not only did it put the Batman movie franchise on the shelf for almost a decade, it also hampered the development of all other comic book movies. Batman and Robin was so bad it nearly broke Hollywood. Had Blade not come out the very next year, the landscape of comics in movies would be very different.

TMNT 3 was just lazy and boring.

chrisdude
03-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Aside from the costume, I really don't see how TMNT III is worse than II. Batman and Robin was okay. I enjoyed it in theaters, but I didn't buy it. I guess B&R was worse.

Zulithe
03-28-2013, 01:58 AM
TMNT III is worse... by a significant margin. B&R may be bad but I can sit through it and still be entertained. It also has a decent soundtrack including The End Is The Beginning Is The End (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59g5R8rwqpY) which was famously re-used in the Watchmen trailer to great effect.

ObiWanFan4life
03-28-2013, 12:02 PM
TMNT III is worse... by a significant margin. B&R may be bad but I can sit through it and still be entertained. It also has a decent soundtrack including The End Is The Beginning Is The End (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59g5R8rwqpY) which was famously re-used in the Watchmen trailer to great effect.
Entertained by what?

twopinacoladas
03-28-2013, 01:12 PM
I'd agree that I might like TMNT III more than 2, the only thing that I really like about II is the costumes are the best we have ever seen, the lip syncing to the suits is also very good with the animitronics.

Half the time in TMNT III they are hiding the mouth movement or talking off screen. TMNT III feels like it could be a issue of the comics as a kid I liked TMNT II more and thought III wasn't that good but I don't mind III and have a hard time watching parts of II. I do love the suits in II tho. The opening scene from II was cool, but I don't really like that they brought in Kino, super shredder vanilla ice, Ninja rap etc. Even Toka and Razar, the TMNT also didn't use their weapons at all in II which was nice they used them again in III.

To stay on topic I'd say Batman and Robin is worse but to general movie going public TMNT III is likely wose as it involves giant turtles who travel back in time etc etc. I'll point out I didn't mind it that much as a kid.

gobo
03-28-2013, 02:03 PM
TMNT III was never as unwatchable as Batman & Robin.

CyberCubed
03-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Batman and Robin is a trainwreck worth watching because of how stupid and ridiculous it is.

However TMNT III is a decent movie.

Darth Knuckles
03-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Batman and Robin is horrible in my opinion. When the movie begins with Batman and Robin basically saying "Go Go Gadget Ice Skates!" I just want to die. (And I love Inspector Gadget by the way.) It's one of the two movies that I actually own but will never watch again because they're that bad. (I got the Batman Anthology for the special features so I have Batman and Robin.)

The other terrible movie I own is Mortal Kombat Annihilation but at least I can watch the Scorpion vs Sub-Zero fight and Cyrax vs Sonya and Jax fight. Batman and Robin is the worst movie I own in my opinion. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III is just the worst of the four TMNT movies I think. I don't think it's horrible in any way.

alliance
03-29-2013, 04:35 PM
batman and robin sucked and sucked even more for a batman movie,

i believe however there is atleast SOME simply comparing in it to the other batman movies before and since and actually has had more hatred for it then it maybe deserves even though it sucked on its own..

turtles 3 was just f*cken horrible man, nothing good about it at all, its just embarrassing ..

Galactus
03-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Batman & Robin.

Both kind of suffer for not being the what the audience expected based the previous movies and animated series out at the time however I personaly prefer TMNT III.

It has some nice character stories for Mike and Raph and even the turtles when they become divided on whether they should stay in Japan. I don't think the humour is really that bad. Some of it works quite well.

I've never hated Batman & Robin but thought it was embrassing for all involved but it has been inexplicably rerun a lot over here recently on various channels and after catching bis here and there adding up to the whole film I now think it's just a mildly entertaining childrens film. Dare I say I quite like the idea of Alfred's niece (with an American accent) being Batgirl.

JohnnyAngel77
03-30-2013, 10:35 AM
I didn't like the April in the 2nd and 3rd movie. And I was not a fan of how much more fake the turtles looked in III. But, I did see it in the theater with my friends when it came out. I was 12, I believe. As cheesy as it is, seeing Casey Jones in it again and the whole "ancient Japan" thing was kinda cool.

Batman and Robin though...I think bat nipples sealed the deal on that one. :x

ObiWanFan4life
03-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Ugh. Don't get me started on the bat nipples

voltron80
03-31-2013, 01:53 PM
I give TMNT 3 credit for trying to do something different. Batman and Robin pretty much took what made the franchise good and turned into garbage. The movie was campy and Mr.Freeze's one liners were annoying.

Shreddhead
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Ugh. Don't get me started on the bat nipples

Damn double standards... Where were batgirl's nipples?

Spitfire
04-01-2013, 03:06 AM
I feel you buddy.At the very least Batman and Robin was in so bad it's good territory and that Joel Schumacher APOLOGIZED for it, Tmnt III was just tedious, unfunny and borderline painful to watch.

This sums it up pretty good for me.

Batman and Robin also has a cast of good actors, despite the horrid dialogue. It has a style of it's own and while it's ridiculous and full of horrible jokes it's clear they were having fun with it. Yeah it's bad, really really bad, but so is The Room and that movie is a riot to watch. TMNT 3 has no redeeming qualities. Even watching it to make fun of it gets old after about 15 minutes and that's never a good sign. The wittiest of joke commentators would have a hard time bringing the laughs. Somethings are just so bad they're bad and TMNT 3 could only be worse if it was double featured with Son Of the Mask.

ryukenden
04-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Batman and Robin looked like it was trying to go back to the lighthearted and campy tone of the 1960s Adam West show and failed miserably. Plus it was nothing more than a 2 hour toy commercial. As for Movie 3, setting the movie in a time during Japan's darkest and bloodiest history was an interesting concept but execution was so awful.

Walkabout
04-04-2013, 01:07 AM
I say TMNT III hands down.

The Burton films are the bees knees IMO, I was heavily into Batman and TMNT as a 7 year old in 89...I saw all the 80s and 90s Batman films in the cinemas and the first 2 TMNTs but even at age 10 I thought SOTO was turd, I think Forever and Batman and Robin are fun films that in no way are as cringemaking as TMNT II and III.

They are just like the 60s series in tone-I probably prefer B&R to Forever as it doesnt pretend to be anything its not.

Lets not fool around, there is a serious drop off between the Burton films and what followed, and none of the TMNT sequels can hold a candle to the original only the cgi gets anywhere near it.

IMO the Nolan films are the Emperors New Clothes, not that I dont like them I just think they arent all that they are hyped to be.

Oh yeah, TMNT III is horrificly bad, as schlocky as B&R is IMO its infinitely superior on all levels even compared to SOTO.

Even as a pre pubescent kid, nothing annoyed me more than a TMNT film where they didnt use their bloody weapons.

DVD
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Damn double standards... Where were batgirl's nipples?

Not only was that a good point, but with your animated Shredders expression, it laugh out loud funny.

The question is tricky. I know that each movie has a bad rep. TMNTIII didn't make money, where the Bat did, so on a product level The Turtles loose.
Both tried to venture outside their previous forms, which was actually a good thing. The Bat tried to rekindle the fun and color of the 60s show, only they forgot something, it wasnt the 60s anymore.
The Turtle direction could have been an awesome Tarantino movie, with all that goes with his movies. However, you take the Turtles to an action adventure environment and then don't let them do their thing. It was played way down, even for the kids.
I watched TMNTIII yesterday, and sort of enjoyed it, as it never gets boring, and I guess it's an easy watch.
The Bat, well, it's too cheesy by half, and is hard to watch. Although after saying that, it does have some great set pieces, and I for one, really like the style of the piece. So, I'm going to say that both movies have their merits, but the Turtles are easier to watch.

dudeabides
04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I never liked Batman, what a 'tude on that guy but have a certain bias towards the Turtles we all know and love, so it's a TMNTIII with an admitted * for me.

zkarlette
04-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Batman and Robin is worse. Why? Because that movie lacks TMNT.

oldmanwinters
04-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Eh, I still like TMNT3 and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

And y'all might have a new appreciation for it too, once you see the manga adaptations. English translations are coming soon to a website near you!

shihe
04-06-2013, 05:43 PM
SPIDERMAN 3.

Worst superhero movie ever made.

Jester
04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
SPIDERMAN 3.

Worst superhero movie ever made.
I dunna, man. Batman and Robin hurts way worse than Spider-man 3. Yeah, Emo Dancing Peter is painful, but ice puns are worse.

Lord Nightwalker
04-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Ok. I look at it like this. TMNT III was bad. Had potential, but had a lot of problems. Batman and Robin damn near killed Batman on film. Two of my all time favorite comic book properties and they both had devastatingly poor movies. I do not blame the actors, they were only doing the best with what they were given. And in the case of B&R, it may have gone over better if it was dubbed a tribute to the 60's Show and film.

shihe
04-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Don't know man... The Ice puns were the least of my concerns there.
Scwhartzeneger will be Scwhartzeneger. Puns are his thing, you know? I'd say he's a big plus in this movie. XD

George Clooney as Batman, the terribad special effects, and a subpar Batgirl were my biggest gripes. But overall, it was a film I can still enjoy and laugh about.

Spiderman 3 is.... well how can I put it:

-Emo Peter
-The musical
-Rehashed Green Goblin
-Venom executed poorly.
-The over the top love drama.
-Harry Osborn and Mary Jane dancing Twist.

It's painful from the second the opening credits begin to roll. :tcry:

BTW, I feel TMNT 3 shouldn't even be compared to these two, it's on a whole other league in my honest opinion.

JohnnyAngel77
04-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I'll never get over what the Batman and Robin movie did to Bane. Made him a mindless beast, basically. And, if you are a Bane fan, you know that's the exact opposite of how he was in the comics (pre 52).

liugeaux
04-07-2013, 09:37 AM
BTW, I feel TMNT 3 shouldn't even be compared to these two, it's on a whole other league in my honest opinion.

Yeah I agree, TMNT III is bad but its scale is so small, its impossible for it to stand up to B&R and SM3.

Spiderman 3 really pissed me off, but its not nearly as bad a B&R. I have for years held the opinion that B&R is not only the worst Batman movie, and worst comic book movie, but possibly the worst movie of all time.

Bob
04-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Batman and Robin.

Darth Knuckles
04-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Spiderman 3 really pissed me off, but its not nearly as bad a B&R. I have for years held the opinion that B&R is not only the worst Batman movie, and worst comic book movie, but possibly the worst movie of all time.

What this guy said (Concerning Batman and Robin vs. Spider-Man 3). Batman and Robin is certainly the worst movie that I own, so I agree with you on it possibly being the worst movie of all time as well.

Bullycon
04-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Never seen Batman & Robin.

Turtles III is pretty bad, though. I'm watching it right now because of this thread. Just watched Turtles Forever, and I was very upset at the portrayal of the 1987 Turtles. Now, I remember where those caricatures actually came from. This movie.

That said, the non-Turtle characters in this movie weren't that bad. Walker almost single-handedly redeems this film.

Walker: So they've gone missing. I mean, war does have a habit of doing that to people.

Lord Norinaga: Secrets leak like a stink from a dead pig!
Walker: You certainly can turn a phrase, my lord.

Lord Norinaga: Good. Tomorrow, Walker, we will use your guns.
Walker: My pleasure.
Lord Norinaga: Walker.
Walker: Hmm?
Lord Norinaga: My dungeon is very crowded.
Walker: Well, then, it would only be humane not to take anymore prisoners, then, wouldn't it? We'll just have to kill everybody.

Mzx10484
04-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Batman and Robin is much better than TMNT 3 in terms of characters. Not only Batman and Robin, but Batgirl, Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze are in the movie.

In TMNT 3, where are the villains of the comic / OT ? Just a disappointment !

CyberCubed
04-09-2013, 10:44 AM
In TMNT 3, where are the villains of the comic / OT ? Just a disappointment !

Why would you expect TMNT villains in ancient Japan?

Jephael
04-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Hey we could've had Savanti Romero for a badguy in the film. I'm always saying ever since I learned about him and Renet I've wanted to see them make a movie debut.

CyberCubed
04-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Hey we could've had Savanti Romero for a badguy in the film. I'm always saying ever since I learned about him and Renet I've wanted to see them make a movie debut.

I doubt having a guy who looks like a Demon would have helped the movie. Probably would have looked terrible.

What I could have seen happen is Shredder's ancestor be the villain in the movie, and look similar to Shredder wearing Shogun Armor.

Jephael
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
What I could have seen happen is Shredder's ancestor be the villain in the movie, and look similar to Shredder wearing Shogun Armor.

Yea, but I kinda got the feeling New Line wanted to get away from dealing with Shredder and the Foot Clan and tell a totally different story for a change. The only reason I suggested Renet and Savanti Romero be involved is because we already had the time scepter in there, so it would only make sense to include those characters.

Shreddhead
04-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Did anyone involved in TMNT III ever issue an official apology for the film? No, at least not that I know of.

George Clooney at least admits that its the worst thing he's ever been a part of and sincerely apologized.

Checkmate...

DVD
04-09-2013, 12:45 PM
I remember seeing a Clooney interview on tv before seeing the movie.
He said omething along the lines of hoping that he wouldn't be the Batman that finished the movies.
I think even then, he knew it had gone off in the wrong direction.

Mzx10484
04-09-2013, 02:08 PM

In 1993, before the film was released, I expected TMNT villains in the new movie. But seen from this perspective, I do not even expect the 4 Turtles in ancient Japan. But since they were already there, the villains may have got there just as the turtles - or the directors could get away from the idea entirely.

liugeaux
04-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Did anyone involved in TMNT III ever issue an official apology for the film? No, at least not that I know of.

George Clooney at least admits that its the worst thing he's ever been a part of and sincerely apologized.

Checkmate...

I think George Clooney has even offered a refund of your ticket price to anyone that sees him in public and asks for one.

DonatelloDomeHead31
04-13-2013, 08:35 PM
When I saw this topic thread, I did a comparison of George Clooney as Batman and Ben Affleck as Daredevil. Both weren't good choices....in my opinion.

Now I'll throw in TMNT III, and say that the 3rd one was better than these two combined.

I don't want to get into an argument, and I'm not trying to start one--just stating my opinion.

I liked TMNT III for its humor and that Corey Feldman returned (better Donatello voice). For Batman and Robin, I only liked the enemies they chose.

There's my 2 cents :D

Jephael
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
For Batman and Robin, I only liked the enemies they chose.

For me it was Alicia Silverstone in that sexy Batgirl number she wore! :tgrin: Okay, I'll see myself out now.

TMNachoT
04-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Batman and Robin is a terrible film, it destroys the bat franchise more than TMNT III destroys the turtle franchise. There are bad things in both films but it hurts more B&R than TMNT...

ZariusTwo
04-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Turtles III is a nice little oddity from the 90s at a time where a popular brand was in the peak of it's initial cultural allure, and can be very much enjoyed or dismissed without leaving anyone with a bad impression of the franchise overall. I don't think it was a massive misstep, and indeed, it was an attempt at showing kids that didnt read the Mirage comics that you can have a TMNT story without Shredder

zak_the_neutrino
04-17-2013, 02:42 PM
TMNT 3 by far!!!

And I'm a bigger tmnt fan then a batman fan

KROW
04-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Batman and Robin is worse. It was Schumacher's big, wet dream that he couldn't fully blast our way in Batman Forever because Burton was still tagged onto it. Nipples on the suits, Bat-butt shot, homo-erotic scenery, Ivy's stupid hairdos, the friggin credit card, reversing the film to save Robin from drowning, Bane as a dipsh*t; at this point, ice puns became the entertainment. The only thing that would have saved it was if Adam West was featured. George Clooney didn't ruin the franchise, Schumacher and Warner Bros. did.

Turtles III had poor animatronics and corny dialogue. The plot was based on a story from one of the Mirage books and Walker was a good villain, even though his death was ridiculously done. Other than that, the film isn't bad. The fight scenes were fine, the score was decent, Casey Jones returned (albeit briefly), and it didn't leave you feeling like an idiot for watching it.

CowabungaMikey
05-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Batman and Robin. TMNT III wasn't that bad. I actually kinda enjoyed it.

The Sewer Lord
05-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Both sucked.

CyberCubed
05-05-2013, 10:24 AM
TMNT III is enjoyable and has high points for Raph and Mike in he movie.

Leo656
05-08-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm a huge Batman fan, at least as big as I am a TMNT fan. And I've never seen all of "Batman & Robin" in one sitting, in its entirety. I'm still not 100% sure WHAT I saw, other than I hated every second of it. I've tried several times, and I haven't been able to get through it. I always have to leave the room before I end up breaking something. As a comic fan, it's one of the most miserable and frustrating things I've ever endured. It's even worse than "Superman IV: The Quest For Peace", because Superman IV was made for about $184.72 American, while WB spent oodles of cash on "Batman & Robin" and gave us a neon-colored abortion/toy commercial.

Oh, believe me, I "Get It". I watched the Adam West show every single day after school as a kid, when it went into heavy, HEAVY re-runs after the huge success of Batman '89. I dug it then, and still do. But "Batman & Robin" isn't even a competent homage, and the fact it pretends to be is frankly insulting, because aside from bad puns, and all the villains over-acting to the point you wish someone would punch them out for real, there are no real similarities to the Adam West series AT ALL. That was just the excuse they used to explain the real situation: "Well, we started out a few years ago wanting to prove to everyone and their parents that Batman was really, really cool. But then we decided it would be more amusing - mostly to us, the studio - to make fun of Batman instead, and make not only Batman himself but his entire mythology seem like something childish, absurd, silly, and above all, STUPID." Follow the money and see how well that approach worked out.

Turtles III suffered from a lack of ambition, as well as a lack of budget. Batman & Robin had both money and ambition in spades and pissed it all away, and that to me is unforgivable. TMNT III is not very good, but really only becomes "bad" when viewed as a sequel to the others, otherwise it's just a fairly boring and mediocre comic/action film for kids. "Batman & Robin" plays out like WB was actively trying to kill off the entire franchise; maybe they were, who knows? Script problems and a skyrocketing budget were complaints from the studio all the way back to "Batman Returns", so I've sometimes wondered if they actually intended to make a Batman film so bad they would have to give the franchise - and their wallets - a rest for a few years before a subtle relaunch, which we know is more or less what happened.

I could honestly buy it: WB knew kids would go see "B&R" in droves no matter what -dragging their parents with them, buying the toys, etc. - even if the film was total garbage, so it would at least make its money back, but the bad buzz and word of mouth would quickly kill the enthusiasm, and thus WB could save themselves about $100 million or so on a sequel (back when that was a lot of money to make a movie. Oh, those wacky 1990s!) and focus on other projects.

Seems contradictory that a studio would want to sabotage a big-money franchise, but look at the recent rumors that Marvel Studios may not even be able to re-sign 2/3 of the cast for "Avengers 2" because the film would need to make over $1 billion JUST to break even (and forget turning an actual profit), and it becomes a little more believable when you look at the Big Picture. A little "conspiracy theorist", sure... but I'm at a loss to explain how else you take a character with a wealth of source material and decades of history behind it, and end up making THAT Batman movie. It's so bad it defies logical explanation, so you have to look towards the extreme.

So... in short.... TMNT III is infinitely more watchable than Batman & Robin, unless you're a HUGE TMNT fan who simply can't get over the mediocrity of it all.

ctt4lfecw
05-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Batman and Robin by far.

Donatello388
05-14-2013, 01:10 PM
That's easy. Batman & Robin. As much as TMNT 3 leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Batman & Robin is worse. I love Arnold Schwarzenegger, but he was horrible cast in that film. And George Clooney is without a doubt the worst Batman. Listen to every other actor as Batman, they at least try to disguise their voice. Not Clooney. He just completely screwed up Batman.

sawcesome
05-17-2013, 01:56 AM
Batman and Robin. I find pretty much every incarnation of the TMNT enjoyable, but Batman and Robin bastardizes so many things. Maybe TMNT III did that, too, I just don't remember. I do know that even now, I can't bring myself to even laugh at B&R.

Red Robin
05-17-2013, 04:46 AM
They were both horrible movies.
Especially the two storylines are so unbelievable stupid. I really wonder how writers can produce such scripts, earn money with this crap and then even find someone who says: "Yes, this is very good. Let's make a movie out of this."

redsai4lex
05-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Batman and Robin... There are even more reasons than these... :tlol:http://http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/234-batman-and-robin

That's easy. Batman & Robin. As much as TMNT 3 leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Batman & Robin is worse. I love Arnold Schwarzenegger, but he was horrible cast in that film. And George Clooney is without a doubt the worst Batman. Listen to every other actor as Batman, they at least try to disguise their voice. Not Clooney. He just completely screwed up Batman.

I know what you mean... :tlol:
Batman- "Hang on to my belt?" :tlol:

redsai4lex
05-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Uma Thurman was only trying to mimic Jim Carrey's performance as The Riddler... Sad really... :tlol:

Mr_riddler
05-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Bat Credit Card, nuff said.