TMNT 2003
TMNT 2 Battle Nexus

OPINION BASED

Biffard
03-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Turtles in Time is a personal favorite.

Digital Ghost
03-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Absolutely Turtles in Time... but I prefer the SNES version.
Love that I can play it on the go, on my PSP. :tgrin:

Mind you, it's more fun with another person but the wife and I get little video game time together these days.

Kendamu
03-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I like the original arcade game the best.

Chris
03-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Turtles in Time on the SNES.

Powder
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
"Best" is super subjective... My favorites will always be Tournament Fighters & Turtles In Time (both for SNES).

I really enjoyed both the Wii & GBA TMNT (2007) games, though, and the 4kids series had some dope GBA titles too.

Topsu
03-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Turtles in Time on SNES and TMNT Arcade on NES. They're great.

Nameless
03-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Turtles in Time on SNES and TMNT Arcade on NES. They're great.

I second this. :D

coolbutrude
05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I was obsessed with the arcade game... Turtles in time was great also.. I'm looking forward to out of the shadows though

Lord Nightwalker
05-17-2013, 01:09 PM
You are all going to kill me for this, but I realy enjoyed the first Konami/Ultra games TMNT game, the side scrolling nes adventure before the arcade games release. I liked pretty much all of the games, but my next fav was the 2007 movie tie in game. I kept hoping Ubi would use the AC Engine to make a free roaming TMNT game, but it never happened. lol.

Shreddhead
05-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Turles in Time, no questions asked...

gobo
05-18-2013, 01:24 PM
My favorites will always be Tournament Fighters & Turtles In Time (both for SNES).
I can't decide between the two. I suppose I'm leaning towards Tournament Fighters SNES since I was so disappointed that there was no level with two simultaneous bosses in TMNT II: The Arcade Game for NES, Turtles In Time for SNES just salted that wound. :(

CyberCubed
05-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Honorable mentions do to the 2D games Konami released on the GBA and DS based on the 4kids series. They had the magic the older games had that the console versions lacked.

dukebothers
05-20-2013, 11:57 PM
You are all going to kill me for this, but I realy enjoyed the first Konami/Ultra games TMNT game, the side scrolling nes adventure before the arcade games release.

Yes. I am going to kill you for this. That game haunted my childhood.

How about the Hyperstone Heist for Sega Genesis? You actually got to fight Tatsu in that one. I loved it

Jester
05-21-2013, 12:20 AM
The only game I actually owned as a kid was Fall of the Foot Clan on the Game Boy. I like it a lot, but I'd have to give the crown to Turtles in Time.

oldmanwinters
05-21-2013, 08:01 PM
I think the popular consensus is that Turtles in Time for SNES was probably the best it got for the TMNT gaming legacy.

Personally, I am most fond of the original Arcade game. And the original NES game is a very personal favorite of mine for different reasons.

snake
05-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Turtles in time :D

shihe
05-21-2013, 08:44 PM
My 3 favorites for different reasons are:

(in no particular order)

-Tmnt Smash Up (has very low content and an almost non existant story, but I love its gameplay best of all TMNT games. I just love how it works like smash bros, but does several things of its own to look and feel unique as well)

-TMNT (GBA based on 4kids 1st Season) (I found the balance between platforming and beat em up to be of perfect blend, it breathed new life into the franchise when beat em up genre was getting stale)

-TMNT IV Turtles in Time (Snes) (The definite beat em up Turtles experience. It has everything you would want from a TMNT title. Good graphics, great gameplay, co-op, a VS mode, the catchiest music ever, and fun but tough levels. There's no going wrong with this game)

Candy Kappa
05-21-2013, 11:43 PM
TMNT on the Arcade, Turtles in Time the SNES port and Tournament Fighters I'd say is the more successful TMNT games

My personal favorites are TMNT on Nes, TiT on SNES and Re-shelled. I really wanna try out Manhattan Missions on DOS, it looks cool.

As for more modern games besides Re-Shelled, TMNT the movie the game on the GBA is okay, much better then the other 2007 movie game, but still so much lacking. Smash-Up is garbage, played through once with Leo and never played it again. The 4Kids based games are okay, played mostly the 1st one on GC.

The only game I actually owned as a kid was Fall of the Foot Clan on the Game Boy. I like it a lot, but I'd have to give the crown to Turtles in Time.

My game was Back From the Sewers on the Game Boy, before I got myself a Game Cube.

Shreddhead
05-21-2013, 11:47 PM
This should answer all your questions:
hCHIg2JsD1Y

Zulithe
05-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Turtles in Time (snes) but I'm very fond of TMNT II (nes) and Manhattan Project. Basically, Konami was really killing it back then. We are very fortunate that such a fantastic developer was working on TMNT licensed games at that time.

Hope the games that spawn out of the Nick show and upcoming film can hold a candle or surpass them.

mikemgmve
05-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I was obsessed with the Arcade Game (NES), as well as the Manhattan Project follow-up (even if it was basically just a clone of the Arcade game with new levels).

With that said when Turtles in Time came out - i remember first seeing at an arcade at Magic Mountain and being absolutely blown away (as 9 year olds easily are) . And when the SNES port came out I was hooked.

My favorite Turtles Video game story is Tournament Fighter. I wanted that game SO bad. I was already hooked on Street Fighter 2, and a Turtles-esque cross-over? PLEASE! It was all i wanted that Christmas, and it was the one thing, Christmas morning, that i didn't get. I put on my best happy face, because I'm grateful for any/all Christmas gifts. And then about mid day my mom comes to me and calls me into her room. She pulls one last gift out - TOURNAMENT FIGHTERS! She actually apologizes to me. It seems she realized someone had been snooping in her room looking for Christmas Presents, which turned out to be one of my sisters, whom realized I didn't get that game that morning, and asked my mom about it / confessed what she had done.

All this talk is making me want to go back and play the 07 TMNT game. I never beat it - I have a tendency with modern games to start them and never finish them, but I keep buying more and more games. My backlog is insane.

LeoNerdo
05-22-2013, 08:09 PM
I like the two arcade game versions most, but just for the convenience Turtles in Time on SNES is easily the best. 2 & 3 on NES and Hyperstone Heist are very good too though.

Vivi
05-22-2013, 09:39 PM
I kept hoping Ubi would use the AC Engine to make a free roaming TMNT game, but it never happened. lol.

That would have been sweet.

Zulithe
05-23-2013, 02:09 AM
I was obsessed with the Arcade Game (NES), as well as the Manhattan Project follow-up (even if it was basically just a clone of the Arcade game with new levels).

With that said when Turtles in Time came out - i remember first seeing at an arcade at Magic Mountain and being absolutely blown away (as 9 year olds easily are) . And when the SNES port came out I was hooked.

My favorite Turtles Video game story is Tournament Fighter. I wanted that game SO bad. I was already hooked on Street Fighter 2, and a Turtles-esque cross-over? PLEASE! It was all i wanted that Christmas, and it was the one thing, Christmas morning, that i didn't get. I put on my best happy face, because I'm grateful for any/all Christmas gifts. And then about mid day my mom comes to me and calls me into her room. She pulls one last gift out - TOURNAMENT FIGHTERS! She actually apologizes to me. It seems she realized someone had been snooping in her room looking for Christmas Presents, which turned out to be one of my sisters, whom realized I didn't get that game that morning, and asked my mom about it / confessed what she had done.

All this talk is making me want to go back and play the 07 TMNT game. I never beat it - I have a tendency with modern games to start them and never finish them, but I keep buying more and more games. My backlog is insane.
Thanks for the story :) I can relate. How many times my parents pulled those kinds of tricks on me. I wish I had kids so I could pester them the same way.... hehehe :P Makes for great memories.

Xav
05-23-2013, 03:15 AM
-TMNT IV Turtles in Time (Snes) (The definite beat em up Turtles experience. It has everything you would want from a TMNT title. Good graphics, great gameplay, co-op, a VS mode, the catchiest music ever, and fun but tough levels. There's no going wrong with this game)What tough levels? The whole game is insanely easy.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
06-08-2013, 12:48 PM
this should be a poll, it is much easier to see people's opinions then.

as for me, i would choose battle nexus for the game boy advance. its the one i played the most out of all of them.

i had the 2003 and battle nexus gba games on 1 cartridge, which i no longer have

Shreddhead
06-08-2013, 01:08 PM
What tough levels? The whole game is insanely easy.

Thats an overstatement, Try to beat it on hard with one player and see how many lives you go through.

billbot85
06-16-2013, 09:37 AM
This should answer all your questions:
hCHIg2JsD1Y

I recently saw this vid, since I love all the turtle videos that they do. Turtles in Time is my favorite as well, especially since I grew up with it. Me and my cousin used to beat the hard mode like no one's business. The Manhattan Project comes in at a close second though. :tgrin:

Tortuglio
06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
The best has to be Turtles in time for the SNES. But in my personal opinion, i really enjoy more Manhattan project and seriously don't understand why many people here at the forum underestimated it.
Maybe because here in Argentina it was easier to get your hands on a pirate chinese Famicom and the Songa (brazilian Sega genesis) than a SNES. So my friends and i would play the heck out of that game. For me, it touches a very strong nostalgic chord. That aside, i think it really improved gameplay on what the port of the first arcade game was. A unique special for every turtle and some very "interactive" levels (hanging from the border of a bridge, the submarine level, the multiple appearing holes on the floor, the conveyor belt at the technodrome) and a new roster of baddies. Plus, it was really long and fun.
But if i had to go with the best yes, i repeat, Turtles in time for the SNES.