PDA

View Full Version : April O' Neil Classic Collection figure

Kevin G
03-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Hey everyone,

I apologize for a useless thread, but I haven't been on The Technodrome Forums in a while and wanted to be kept in the loop. While it's obvious that Rocksteady and Bebop are the next figures in Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Collection line, I was wondering if anyone knows if she will be the next figure in the series, or is it likely that they will do a figure of her ?

The reason why I asked was, while I know she probably wasn't on everyone's next figure on the list after the first set, I was hoping she was since other then Splinter, I feel you can't have four Turtle figures without an April (some may disagree but I don't).

Considering (and I am sorry but I am being honest) the awful look of Rocksteady and Bebop and I don't know why (sorry guys I don't know much about action figure companies) they are only releasing two figures instead of four like the first series, I am just afraid they are going to cancel the line and not release April. Line just started yes, but you never know.

Also since the 2013 figure page ongoing, I was thinking maybe someone may know what the next figure (planned, rumored will be in The Classic Collection line.

Thanks.

VaughnMichael
03-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Hey Kevin,
No one knows any information right now.
Playmates is keeping very hush hush about this line.
Quite frankly I don't think they know what they are doing with an adult collectors based line but it seems many disagree.

Colonel Schrader
03-29-2013, 06:54 AM
they already got all the 2013 stuff planned out, and with the nick show continuing and the movie coming in 2014, that's a lot of figures.. we will probably get a Megan Fox April figure. but like they said, it all depends on how these figures sell.. if bebop and rocksteady does really well, then we might get more. Im sure they would give more priority to shredder and splinter over april tho.

pannoni1
03-29-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm still disappointed that the 13" April from 1991 wasn't released, and as they say, history may not repeat but rhyme. Unfortunately, classic Aprils don't sell as well/command as high of a price since they are viewed as smaller dolls rather than action figures. I think Playmates doesn't want to repeat NECA's mistake since even though that mirage April was fairly well acclaimed, the sales disappointed. A limited edition classic April IMO would be the best option as a way to encourage popularity for any hopes of a standard release.

miru
03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
April O' Neil and Master Splinter with TMNT adventures issue 1 multipack. Make it happen, Playmates.

Chris
03-29-2013, 05:06 PM
As others have said, I imagine Shredder and Splinter will be the next 2 figures in the Classics line if it continues.

Playmates haven't confirmed why they only did 2 figures for this wave, but it's
most likely due to the cost of their unique sculpts. In wave 1 all 4 TMNT shared the same body, so wave 2 has cost Playmates around twice what wave 1 did for half the figures.

Honestly, before it started I had hopes of this line being the TMNT equivalent of MOTUC. Sure I never thought the line would go as long or do quite as many minor characters as MOTUC has done, but I did think we'd get a healthy amount of characters from all versions of TMNT (primarily from the OT but Playmates did say other incarnations were possible if the line did well). Now I'll be happy to get Shredder, Splinter, April and Krang. Anything else would just be a bonus.

I'm not sure what went wrong, but the Turtles (great as they are) weren't quite the home run they needed to be. Sales were good enough to get a second wave, but only 2 figures. Not even a Shredder to go with Bebop and Rocksteady. And then there's been the mixed (and that's being pretty generous) reaction to Bebop and Rocksteady. Even if most of it is just hot air, some people really won't buy them because of the sculpts. Combine that with the fact that other characters never sell as well as the Turtles and these 2 most likely cost more for Playmates than the 4 Turtles (2 completely unique sculpts vs. 1 shared body) it does make me worry a bit about the future of this line.

Like I said, right now I'll be happy just to complete the core OT characters. I certainly don't hold any hopes of this line being TMNT's equivalent of MOTUC anymore.

Powder
03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Playmates haven't confirmed why they only did 2 figures for this wave, but it's most likely due to the cost of their unique sculpts. In wave 1 all 4 TMNT shared the same body, so wave 2 has cost Playmates around twice what wave 1 did for half the figures.

Yeah well if Playmates could make ACCURATE figures of B&R, they'd use significantly less plastic... :x

Galactus
03-29-2013, 06:21 PM
I'd imagine Shredder along with Splinter to be more of a priority than April in the classics line.

Look at the '87 and 2K3 lines and the amount of turtle and Shredder varients vs April ones.

The only way I can see that April being a priority is if they plan on doing what many feel NECA did and put out an April figure to gauge the bottomline numbers with a figure not many buy.

Kevin G
03-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Hey everyone :)

You all make some excellent points. I guess (being paranoid as I am) afraid the line will get canceled before we get an April figure.

Uki
03-30-2013, 09:24 PM
April is a must for me. She and Shredder (perhaps short packing her) would be a great Wave 3. (Toss in Splinter too! And Krang! ;) )