PDA

View Full Version : Where does your TMNT money come from?

zak_the_neutrino
04-21-2013, 06:50 AM
How do you buy you tmnt collectibles? Do you put money aside strictly for tmnt stuff? Do you just happen to be out at a store and decide to grab a few toys? How do you go about your funds for turtle collecting? How much have you spent in one outing for tmnt collectibles?

OA
04-21-2013, 08:08 AM
At this point in my collection, everything I buy I use money that I made from selling other TMNT items. But early on, I simply bought whatever I wanted as I went along, little here little there.

ersico
04-21-2013, 08:59 AM
i do customs from other toylines and i save that as my toy fun money

JOEMOE
04-21-2013, 10:06 AM
My primary source is disposable income that comes from my job.

I will make some extra money selling some figures here and there.

CyberCubed
04-21-2013, 08:14 PM
I imagine most people have jobs.

When I was younger I got toys from my parents or when I had money for it. As an adult, obviously now I buy whatever I want.

Endurs03
04-21-2013, 08:19 PM
All my TMNT funds started in my pocket. I bought large lots, and many lots. I kept what I needed and re-sold what I didn't keep. Generally speaking I can buy a few lots, re-sell the excess and end up with maybe 3-5 items I wanted and break even.

Flea Markets, Thrift Stores, Goodwill etc often have items I can sell on eBay or items I needed for maybe 25cents to a few dollars. Really if you took your time you could have a very nice figure collection for under $100. However, you will likely not find weapons with those figures.

Candy Kappa
04-21-2013, 11:28 PM
The money I make from my job, after what's left from rent, down paying loans, food and etc.

Luzmagica
04-21-2013, 11:47 PM
The money I make from my job, after what's left from rent, down paying loans, food and etc.

Same here...... :trazz::trazz: :tgrin::tgrin:

Redemption
04-21-2013, 11:58 PM

Im in the same boat as Joe. I buy what I want with disposable income from my job. If I want it I buy it. I also make some extra cash from selling stuff.

TheCanadiandrome
04-22-2013, 12:07 AM

Pretty much the same, albeit more money should go towards that stuff lol :lol:

joefsas
04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
I have a 3 month old son so spare money is non existent :tlol:
Sometimes i'll treat myself to a 75p pack of trading cards :)

JoshDA7X
04-22-2013, 06:40 AM
My wage and girlfriend fund my habit....

Oculus Orbus
04-22-2013, 05:57 PM

Yeah, this. I work as a freelance, so my wage varies constantly. Sometimes I can allow myself to buy expensive stuff, but most of the time I try to save as much as I can because you never know, specially with the financial crisis that's shaking Europe these days.

ninjor 9
04-24-2013, 09:08 AM
i donate any bodily fluids they will pay cash for, and extra organs. scratch cost me an arm and a leg . but i can still hop on my left leg and eat with my right arm. this is taking a while to type with only one hand, but no regrets at all i love collecting tmnt stuff.

just kidding by ebay lots keep what you need sell the rest break even make a few $ or loose a few $ still cheaper to collect that way , even worked with my motu stuff, and kept a good variety of other 80s figures , look at mixed lots not just tmnt lots , flea markets have dried up in my area or maybe i just bought all the tmnt stuff already

joetheripper
04-25-2013, 04:55 PM

im with this guy!

Donnie
04-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Right now I have only enough money for the TMNT comics, and the figures that strike my fancy...

TMNachoT
04-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Money from my job and whatever figure/comics i sale.

ToSte
04-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Luckily I held onto my TMNT collection from when I was a kid, so that makes up a large chunk of my collection. Other than that I have a regular 9 to 5 for funds. I'm pretty satisfied with my collection now and rarely buy any new TMNT stuff. Sometimes if I want to drop a large amount of funds on something I'll sell some customs, like when the new line was released I knew I'd want the main 4 turtles and the Classics so I did up a set of turtles and hoped for the best.

raphfan84
05-06-2013, 06:55 PM
My job and my wife's job. We have a 6 yr. old so after she taken care and house and all that good stuff!

papa_smurf73
05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
If it's something I really want, I pony up out of pocket. Otherwise, I try to sell crap I don't need to fund my addiction.

Archon_Turtle
05-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Like Danny, these days my collection is often funded by the collection itself.I also don't buy a terrible amount of stuff anymore aside from keeping up with the IDW books (which at this point CAN be pretty expensive). Any other funds needed my job pays for.

KingGrimlock
05-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Flipping some of my Transformers and Kreo collection. I'm super limited on space now so if I'm not going to display something it goes and if I want something new, something has to leave. Same with video games, books, comics, the lot. Helps keep things in perspective. Last year, to help pay for our house and wedding, I sold my main Transformers line I collected and made over 5000. That helped.

D-Nizzy
05-07-2013, 08:18 AM
I sell my organs.

Anybodywannabuyalung?

Shogun26
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I must be the only one spending money that is intended to be for a new/used car :D

I'm selling loose tmnt to people who are filling their collections. All the $$ is going into the car account. Then when a long time seller starts selling items I need I go into that account. AND REPEAT.

Bloody Hell. I will never have a newer car.

CowabungaMikey
05-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I deliver newspapers. So that's like 20 euros a week. And from that money I buy TMNT-related stuff.

Davin
05-07-2013, 11:24 AM
I fund my collection with my job-e-job. A little extra freelance income on the side as well.

Basically, if I want it and can afford it, I buy it. Or ask my girl to get it for a birthday/anniversary/holiday gift. :twink:

MrPliggins
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't use my "real" money anymore. All of my new items come from "extra" money made from selling other parts of my collection, which, including non-tmnt stuff, has become quite massive over my 20+ years of collecting. In fact I'd have never afforded my #1 1st printing had I not sold other items in my collection first. I intend to use this method to someday get a Hulk #1, Amazing Spider-man #1..and maybe one day, Amazing Fantasy #15.