PDA

View Full Version : Usagi Yojimbo: Way of the Ronin

TigerClaw
05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
So Usagi Yojimbo finally gets his own game coming out for Ios and Android devices. Its called Usagi Yojimbo: Way of the Ronin.

Check out 4 minutes of Gameplay footage, It plays like those classic TMNT brawlers.

A6__IG7JGkA

Note: Don't know if this belongs in this section given that Usagi has appeared with the Turtles before, But not in Video Game form.

gobo
05-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Actually, he was in Konami's second game for the 4kids series, "Battle Nexus". Besides, who doesn't consider Usagi Yojimbo an honorary TMNT? :trazz:

TigerClaw
05-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Actually, he was in Konami's second game for the 4kids series, "Battle Nexus". Besides, who doesn't consider Usagi Yojimbo an honorary TMNT? :trazz:
True, I consider Usagi to be a part of the TMNT lore.

Ninjinister
05-12-2013, 10:39 AM
It's actually already out, at least on Android. Nice graphics, but it plays pretty awful. Not that I'd expect a brawler to not be utterly useless on a mobile device.

Tazi
05-12-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't like the gfx at all, they look like cheaply done flash animations, with awkwardly rotated limbs, instead of proper cartoon animations.

Shreddhead
05-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Maaaajor pass for me. I sprites have like 2 poses, and the gameplay looks dreadful!

Candy Kappa
05-13-2013, 01:00 AM
So Usagi Yojimbo finally gets his own game coming out for Ios and Android devices. Its called Usagi Yojimbo: Way of the Ronin.

Note: Don't know if this belongs in this section given that Usagi has appeared with the Turtles before, But not in Video Game form.

Ehh, false!

Miyamoto Usagi have had is own Video Game title before, named Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo in 1988 on the C64, ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC.

Shark_Blade
05-13-2013, 04:02 AM
I played a bit and its fun. Plus it's free, only have to pay if I wanna upgrades. Nah.

RaphAndDonnie
05-13-2013, 05:34 AM
The background in the video kind of reminds me of the Bandito Chinchilla game on Thrillville: Off The Rails
I played a bit and its fun. Plus it's free, only have to pay if I wanna upgrades. Nah.
If it's free then I'm defiantly going to get it.

Edit: Played it. It's a nice simple brawer with a good story. The controls are good but man the animation is bad.

Shark_Blade
05-16-2013, 07:04 AM
True the animation seemed a bit lacking, but the story seems interesting.

Know what, I'm gonna go ahead and purchase the full game (unlock the rest 13 levels). The free version only gives us 1 level. It is $1.99 after all.

Shark_Blade
06-04-2013, 11:27 PM
The game's actually pretty longer than I thought but I finally beaten it. :tlol:

As a casual player, I enjoy it. The game's not difficult at all, you can literally use one attack move throughout the game. I wish there's more cutscene and more variety animation for Usagi, but since this is his first game after so long, it's still pretty enjoyable for me.

A 3/5 from me.

Tortuglio
06-17-2013, 12:53 PM
i'll have to agree with the rest, the animation is not pretty solid and it looks like a chep flash game. Bummer. It would be nice for usagi too have a modern decent game. And i say modern because, wow! that c64 game looks pretty good! Nice finding, thanks for the tip, Candy Kappa!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_a4Ap_Mw9Q