PDA

View Full Version : What if TMNT 3 (Manhattan Project) for NES got the SNES/Arcade treatment?

Refractive Reflections
05-20-2013, 09:06 PM
During the period of Turtlemania, TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project for the NES was overshadowed by the popularity and success of the preceding TMNT 2: The Arcade Game and by the succeeding TMNT 4: Turtles In Time video/arcade games, but what if Konami and the TMNT franchise gave the TMNT 3 the full SNES/arcade treatment instead of just a NES version?

What if Konami and the TMNT franchise decided to release an arcade version of TMNT 3 in late 1991 and an SNES version in late 1992? Giving this version a couple years to generate some revenue (just as with the 1st arcade version in 1989 and a NES equivalent in 1990), and then decided to release the "Turtles In Time" arcade game in 1993 and the SNES version in 1994?

Would it have been a good business idea? Or by the time "Turtles In Time" would come out in 1993,would it be seen as redundant? ...Then again, by 1993-1994 the OT was taking on a more serious tone (Season 7 & 8 ) and that could have been applied to "Turtles In Time".
LOL, okay maybe this hypothetical tone wouldn't be a serious as Mortal Kombat :lol:, but maybe it could have added blood and/or more detailed violence; making it darker rather than the lighter/comical style we know of today with their more "cartoonish" voices (in comparison to the first arcade game) and cheesy phrases (i.e. "Now I'm too cool!", "This cave (sewer) is creepy...").

So I guess what I'm asking is:
1) Would it have been a good move for TMNT 3 to get the whole SNES/Arcade treatment just like TMNT 4 did?
2) If that was implemented, do you think TMNT 4 would have been as successful being the 3rd round release of an arcade/home console game? Could it be more serious/darker, to keep up with the darker themed direction cartoons and video games were heading to in that time (mid 1990s)? Maybe even prolong the TMNT's video game success a bit longer...?
3) Would you personally have enjoyed something like this happening to both games?

Thanks for the input as always. :)

tmnt transformer
05-20-2013, 09:39 PM
I think if someone could "remake" tmnt 3, snes style, it should stay the same way story, and boss wise.

miru
05-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Maybe Pizzaface and Scaletail would be added as bosses.

If Turtles in Time were done in 94, there would have been Red Sky villains as bosses. If Turtles in Time were done in the late 90s on Dreamcast, it would have probably been very dark.

Gokhan
05-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Personally I liked the game

DonatelloDomeHead31
06-14-2013, 01:30 PM
What I wish the Wii would have done was put all 3 NES ninja turtles games in the Shop Channel.

For awhile, they had the first NES game available, then it was gone.

They could have done the 2nd and 3rd ones too.

But to answer your question, I don't think they needed the SNES treatment; the graphics/music were fine (at the time that is).

shihe
06-14-2013, 05:29 PM
1) Would it have been a good move for TMNT 3 to get the whole SNES/Arcade treatment just like TMNT 4 did?
2) If that was implemented, do you think TMNT 4 would have been as successful being the 3rd round release of an arcade/home console game? Could it be more serious/darker, to keep up with the darker themed direction cartoons and video games were heading to in that time (mid 1990s)? Maybe even prolong the TMNT's video game success a bit longer...?
3) Would you personally have enjoyed something like this happening to both games?

1) Yes it would have. Granted it'd be upscaled to 16-bit, with Turtles in Time-esque gameplay (but keeping true to TMNT 3 moves), we would have a delightful arcade trilogy today, IMO.

2) Some things might have changed along the way... but Turtles in Time as a concept was going to be thought of eventually. Perhaps the bosses would've changed for some more obscure ones. I don't think they'd make this game darker.

3) Wait... what both games? I thought we were talking about TMNT 3 only. Regardless, I would have enjoyed TMNT 3 in an arcade/16 bit version with upgraded gameplay. TMNT 3 has one of my favorite features ever in a TMNT beat em up... Being able to swap turtles when you die.

BigMike322
09-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Manhattan Project is still my favorite TMNT Game. It love that it has so many bosses. A remake would be awesome. Maybe they could add Tatsu?

Andrew NDB
09-10-2013, 12:24 PM
No. I think they should have done a different kind of TMNT game and not the same old Final Fight clone they kept beating into the ground over and over again until normal gamers were sick of it.

BigMike322
10-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Manhattan Project is still my favorite TMNT games. I would love a remake. I love how many bosses the game has, and of course Super Shredder.

Redeemer
10-03-2013, 08:38 PM
This game is my favorite TMNT game and I agree with others that it should be remade and brought out hopefully it will happen someday

Coola Yagami
10-04-2013, 09:10 PM
No. I think they should have done a different kind of TMNT game and not the same old Final Fight clone they kept beating into the ground over and over again until normal gamers were sick of it.

And yet I didn't like Out of the Shadows that much because it wasn't a super bad-ass Final Fight clone and it made me waste more time fighting with the camera and trying to figure out where the hell I had to go than actually kicking ass and taking names. And that stupid split screen has got to go. Leave that **** to the FPS.

Sabacooza
10-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Yes, I think an arcade version would have been sweet but switching to the present if I may, I think an arcade of "Manhattan Project" done today as a remake would have the potential to look very sweet. If it looked anything like "Rayman Origins" and "Rayman Legends" quality wise I'd be all over it. Those games look gorgeous.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I think it would be awesome.

And so this marks my 500th post.

Enscripture
10-11-2013, 07:17 PM
What's this?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Shell Shocked [The Arcade Game] - 1st Demo Launch Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87C9D5Rtws)

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=428.0

BigMike322
10-13-2013, 03:39 PM
That looks frickn awesome!

Candy Kappa
10-13-2013, 05:32 PM
It would be fantastic of there ever came a DLC for OotS containing more levels in Arcade mode based off the old games levels including the bosses.

oldmanwinters
10-13-2013, 06:29 PM
What's this?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Shell Shocked [The Arcade Game] - 1st Demo Launch Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87C9D5Rtws)

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=428.0

That looks frickn awesome!

Enjoy, gentlemen:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=43351