PDA

View Full Version : TMNT '89 Vs. Turtles In Time

TurtleTitan97
05-25-2013, 05:39 PM
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/konami/png/18202301.png Vs. http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/konami/png/18208601.png

Which of the two is your favorite TMNT arcade game? For me I guess I would go with TMNT '89 since it's the first one I played.

DonatelloNinja82
05-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Turtles in Time here...its a classic!:tgrin:

Nameless
05-25-2013, 10:38 PM
turtles in time only because i never liked the arcade version if the 89 game. if we were talking about the NES remake of it then that would win in my books.

voltron80
05-27-2013, 04:03 PM
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/konami/png/18202301.png Vs. http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/konami/png/18208601.png

Which of the two is your favorite TMNT arcade game? For me I guess I would go with TMNT '89 since it's the first one I played.

I love both games but TMNT IV:Turtles in Time is my all time favorite Nintendo game ever.

Shreddhead
05-27-2013, 06:52 PM
If you throw snes version in, theyre my top 3 favorite turtles games. Im gonna have to go with turtles in time, I just loved everything about that game. Although i loved the first stage of the 89 game with the flames in the foreground, That image is burned into my mind after spending so many quarters in the arcade.

Candy Kappa
05-28-2013, 01:39 AM
This seems to be an Arcade game poll judging by the pictures posted, so my vote goes to the first arcade game TMNT from 1989.

Shark_Blade
05-28-2013, 01:48 AM
I much prefer this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%28arcade_game%29#Nin tendo_Entertainment_System

But okay I'll choose one.

Candy Kappa
05-28-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm still bummed we didn't get more Re-shelled games. Ubisoft could have done so much awesome with the Re-Shelled brand (as long as Konami played ball ofc)

Hmm, Out of the Shadows with levels from yore. I'd like that

Red Robin
06-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Turtles in Time. Absolutely.

Shred87
06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Turtles in time by a wide margin

Anarchistguy
06-04-2013, 05:44 AM
It's a tie for me!

Kendamu
06-04-2013, 10:54 PM
I don't know exactly why, but I prefer the original arcade game over Turtles in Tme. I know that Time's engine was an improvement and there was a wider variety of enemies, attacks, power-ups, etc., but for some reason I just like the more simplified and pure take on the TMNT cartoon franchise.

Don't get me wrong. I love Time to death and played it like mad in the arcade and on SNES, but in the long run the original wins out in my book and is the one I'd play much more often.

Lord PichuPal
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM
I have to say Turtles in Time as well. I never got to grow up with either game in the arcades, even grew up believing it was an SNES game first, but I've since played both games on MAME and on Xbox Live (in the case of the arcade game), and I still love Time more. So many things to love about it.

Walkabout
06-07-2013, 03:16 AM
TMNT 89.

Although as we all know Turtles In Time for SNES is the best TMNT game of all time.

ledahead
06-09-2013, 09:44 PM
I grew playing TMNT '89 and Turtles in time in the arcades and I also had Turtles in Time in the SNES. I have to say that TMNT '89 is the one I prefer. I liked TMNT '89 because it better captures everything I liked about the original series. I also thought the music and stages were better. Turtles in Time is still a great game and not far behind. I spent a ton of time playing Turtles in time on the SNES as a kid.

Klunk
06-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Man, that's tough. I really have fond feelings for both. I think the Arcade edges out the NES game though. There was just something epic about playing it in the arcade in the 80's. Man, what a golden era to be a kid that was.

LittleBlueHero
06-13-2013, 12:35 PM
TMNT 89' for sure.

Some games will always leave that warm fuzzy feeling in your heart, and this is one of mine. I never really even got to play Turtles In Time the Arcade Version. Rocked out the SNES though...

carloschamp
06-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Turtles in time was the best

Tortuglio
06-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Inmediatly after i saw those posters i thought the poll was for worst, creepiest and/or funniest poster :trazz:, i would have to go with 89 for that one. :lol:

Coola Yagami
06-17-2013, 07:46 PM
The original TMNT arcade. It was just so awesome. I hardly played the arcade TiT and mostly rocked out the SNES version.

The NES TMNT II was cool too, but it really sucked compared to the original. It played nothing like the arcade, and was mostly awesome based on the fact it was the only home version of the arcade we had at the time.

Pxndx
06-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Turtles in time for sure, I remember renting that from the video store as a kid.

Shreddhead
06-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Turtles in time for sure, I remember renting that from the video store as a kid.

This is about the actual arcade games, not the home system port. Unless you had a really badass video store growing up...

Pxndx
06-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I never played turtles in time on the arcade then , i believe I played 89 Arcade at our skating alley

shuriken
06-21-2013, 12:28 PM
TiT (lol)
Only because I played it more and like the Boss fights more.

slashpieturtlemix
06-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Time. For no real reason. Like them both equally almost lol

Prowler
06-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Both are pretty similar so owning either one is fine.

Beating the arcade game gives me a bigger sense of satisfaction since it's a fairly hard game if you're low on lives unlike Turtles in Time, which is quite easy. Plus, the Arcade game is a bit longer, or at least feels like it.

Shred87
06-27-2013, 05:09 PM
I have a question about the turtles 89 arcade game....

Where can i play a port of the original arcade game and not the nes version.... I have the xbox live version but when i see videos online of the arcade game it appears the graphic are much superior to the version i have

Am i being crazy here?

Leo656
07-05-2013, 06:19 AM
I played the original arcade game more in arcades, and played Turtles In Time more on SNES, but I like "Time" better either way. It was a little bit simplified, but the '89 game was a pretty blatant quarter-stealer (as blatantly unfair arcade games designed to make kids drop a quarter at least every minute or so was the fashion of the time) and that was kind of annoying. If you were a kid and your parents only gave you a dollar for arcade games, the average kid would see a lot more of Turtles In Time than of the '89 game, so to me it gets a nudge.

They're both great, though.

Genesis
07-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Turtles in Time. You can dash.

RayFillet
07-19-2013, 06:50 PM
89' for me. Never got to play turtles in time til mame came about.

thebrownranger
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
turtles in time only because i never liked the arcade version if the 89 game. if we were talking about the NES remake of it then that would win in my books.

I picked the '89 version because it's the closest one on this poll to the NES remake. The NES remake is still one of my favorites.

oldmanwinters
07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
The thing that really kills Turtles in Time as an arcade game is that most people would rather play the SNES port. TMNT Arcade '89 was always the unique Arcade experience for me, despite the fact that the NES port is pretty solid as an 8-bit game.

Aaronardo
07-29-2013, 06:17 AM
The '89 version was spectacular, but Turtles in Time just NAILED it!

pingclang
07-29-2013, 09:11 AM
None of the arcades where I live had Turtles in Time so I never played it, but me and my friends played the hell out of some 89'. I have Turtles in Time for SNES and I've put a lot of hours on that one. Probably my favorite game, period.

DonatelloDomeHead31
07-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Turtles in Time was my choice for the Arcade because Prehistoric Turtlesaurus was the level my friend and I reached before dying...we didn't reach Cement Man (stupid foot soldiers).

If it could be brought back to the Arcades...I would definitely play it again.

Another reason why I chose it was for the intro the machine played.

Cowabungawolf89
07-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Both of them are great since i liked the four player option :)

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I love both games, and the '89 game was one of the first video games I ever played.
I have it downloaded on my Xbox... but either it's not aging well or the Xbox controller doesn't work well for it but I can get board playing it in recent attempts. I still love it though. Couple achievements I still need too...
Turtles in Time got my vote. It still holds up and I didn't think the Reshelled was all that bad. But I own it and the SNES version so no complaints :)

EDIT:
I do own an NES with no cables or controllers...
But once I find all that stuff (or buy it) I want to buy the '89 cartridge and play the original again.
Or buy one of those 3rd party "retro gamer" consoles with the updated controllers...

This is about the actual arcade games, not the home system port. Unless you had a really badass video store growing up...

I never got the play in the arcades... I was too young and when mom moved us to AZ and I got to an age where I could go to arcades... non existed where we were (which is around where I am currently living. Blah)

Tora
07-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Turtles in Time all day! While the first arcade game was groundbreaking and carries a lot of timeless memories the TIT sequel was much greater in every way.