PDA

View Full Version : NICK app updated -- better game support

Zulithe
05-31-2013, 01:14 AM
If you have an iOS device (sorry, i'm not able to check android but it's probably the same) the NICK app was updated on May 30th. I haven't tried it in a few months, but now you can play some of the NICK games including several of the TMNT games. These are the same games from nick.com

They also added full episode streaming, just log-in with your cable/sat account from inside the app. Sadly I'm on comcast and they haven't added that yet, but a lot of other popular providers are on there. I can't test to see which episodes are available but the preview image for the iPad version shows TMNT listed there

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nick/id596133590?mt=8

Ninjinister
05-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Is it even available for Android? Last time I checked it wasn't.

What new Turtles games are available?

chrisdude
05-31-2013, 10:32 AM
It's got the last five episodes, if you log it. Only the fifth episode back, if you don't/can't. Lots of other shows, too. Closed captioning, AirPlay... I'm impressed. The TMNT games I see are Donnie Saves A Princess, and Turtleportation, but they just link through to the web browser, which of course can't be played on iPhone.

Nice find! I didn't even know about this app.

LH
05-31-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm impressed by the iPhone version of the app that was released yesterday... My only suggestion would be a "Watch Live" function like the Disney and Cartoon Network apps have.

Ninjinister
05-31-2013, 01:10 PM
The TMNT games I see are Donnie Saves A Princess, and Turtleportation, but they just link through to the web browser, which of course can't be played on iPhone.

Then what the heck's the point? o.O

raph27
05-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Yeah I wondered that to... The games show the loading screens and then go black. WTF.:tconfuse:

Zulithe
05-31-2013, 03:45 PM
You can play the games. I got the black screen too the first time. But then I closed the app and re-opened it and they played.

It's not perfect but it works. Besides, it's free. Judging by the comments on the app in the app store, they are going to be well aware of these issues and hopefully iron them out over time

rooftop run is still a way better experience on iOS, but even that game isn't so fantastic. Takes FOREVER to buy upgrades.