PDA

View Full Version : [Question] What constitutes for a temporary ban or a permanent one?

Refractive Reflections
06-08-2013, 03:08 AM
I was looking through the many threads in these forums, and I noticed that some users who were banned previously have been "restored" while others have seemingly been banned permanently ("or in the red").

I know this site has its Forum Rules (http://www.thetechnodrome.com/frules.shtml). But I was wondering what particular behavior would qualify for a temporary ban and behavior for a permanent one (since its not in the forum rules)? ...Just curious.

Powder
06-08-2013, 04:59 AM
I could be wrong but I think temp bans are usually for people who ignore mods who warn them for bad behavior and/or spam threads with nonsense whereas permanent ones are for like, serious bullies, people spewing racist remarks or going on rampages, that sorta stuff. Just an educated guess based on what I've seen.

Machias Banshee
06-08-2013, 09:55 PM
That's pretty much it. Bans are based on the severity of the situation. Usually getting tossed out for a week is enough for people to behave better.. :)

GK Punk
06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Just like Machi said. Temp bans are usually just a "cool down" period for the user. We like to give people second chances.