PDA

View Full Version : Fast Forward VS Back to the Sewers

InsaneZane
06-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Which one was better?

Everyone freaked out when Fast Forward came out... Not only did they skip half a season's worth of episodes from airing, but It was so different it was disturbing.... The new Theme Song, all the new characters... The fact that we had to say goodbye to other characters and unfinished story arcs.. It was all just weird.

and just when we thought it couldn't get worse and that it could only get better by going....
BACK TO THE SEWERS
...somehow and amazingly we were proved wrong in most aspects. There were some good moments. Not enough to make up for the bad ones in my opinion.

As bad as it was, I think Fast Forward wins

Jester
06-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Both have some solid episodes, but I think >>'s 26 episodes helped it fill less rushed, although despite it's rushed pace, the 13 episodes of Back to the Sewer seem to have quite a bit of needless filler.

All that said, I prefer >>.

Powder
06-12-2013, 11:37 PM
BTTS is crap filler. Everything is poorly designed, the new characters are weak, most of the plots are right out of bad fan-fiction, the new animation style was pond-scum, and the whole thing was rushed. The finale is cool, but the rest... eh.

Fast Forward on the other hand, I LOVED. I found it to be very original and interesting. The baddies were really cool, all the time travel elements were clever and intriguing, Serling was HILARIOUS, blah blah blah. Also I felt the lighter tone was a breathe of fresh air because prior to that, for the most part, the show took itself too seriously. I appreciate the edge but I think they were held back by standards and censorship in some regards.

CyberCubed
06-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Back to the Sewers does have some awesome episodes like, "Hacking Stockman" and "The Engagement ring" as well as the first two episodes and the finale. Its really just the 3 crap fillers and some of the cyberworld stuff that brings it down.

With Fast Forward, I'd say it has roughly 5-6 bad/terrible episodes but the other 20 range from good to great. So if you ignore the 5-6 terrible FF episodes, you still get 20 solid ones.

Bossa Nova
06-13-2013, 12:18 AM
It's hard to say seeing as BttS is half as long as FF, so it didn't have as much of a chance to really prove what it could offer. But maybe I'm the wrong person to ask since I actually really love both seasons pretty equally. I really wish BttS had been a full season and I certainly wouldn't have minded the least if the fabled FF 2nd season had actually aired at some point. I like the animation style better in BttS than in FF, mostly cause I got kind of annoyed with their suit things they had to wear all the time and I like the big animu eyes the turtles got in the final season. But both seasons offered some of my favorite episodes and characters ever (FF-The Freaks Come out at Night/introduction of the Dark Turtles, BttS- Identity Crisis/The Incredible Shrinking Serling) so I don't really know if I can place one above the other.

Shark_Blade
06-13-2013, 12:59 AM
I always dislike too futuristic things (that's why Back to the Future 2 is my least favorite as well). They're always too farfetched and downright ridiculous.

So BttS then.

The Sewer Lord
06-13-2013, 02:05 AM
Depends on my mood, actually.

Dudette
06-13-2013, 04:42 AM
I'd say Fast Forward, definitely. BttS had poor story-lines, horrible character design and I didn't really care for the Cyber stuff. But in all fairness, I didn't like either of them that much. The animation quality dropped and the whole concept changed to a different one.

BttS' theme song was better in my opinion, though. And I loved Constable Biggles in FF.

Vivi
06-13-2013, 07:33 AM
I also loved FF far better than BTTS. It has high rewatch value, imho. It's also the first time that the turtles were distinctly different from one another in terms of size/stature. They also did a good job of creating the future, & I wish we got the next 26 episodes to see where they might have taken it to since the turtles were able to just go out and wander around in the world, grab a hotdog, watch a game live etc etc.The triceratons, Zixx and the dark turtles were pretty cool too. In fact the only thing I wasn't too crash hot on was Cody, but they even dialled him back a bit in the 2nd half of the season.

ABrown
06-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Fast Forward was much better than Back To The Sewers. After watching the BTTS season, I really wasn't all that sorry that the show didn't have any further seasons.

gobo
06-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Back to the Sewer was the bigger disappointment.

Guitar_Raph
06-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Except for th wedding episode on BTTS, I liked Fast Forward better.

Favorite episodes;
Turtle Titan
The race where Raph drives a motorcycle
TMNT in tuxedos!

Leofan26
06-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't like either though, what should I say than? :(

DonatelloNinja82
06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
I like FF better...better story lines, etc. I still like the earlier seasons better, but I like FF better than BTTS. BTTS did have a few good episodes, but was too rushed.

gobo
06-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I don't like either though, what should I say than? :(
Which one you disliked less.

snake
06-13-2013, 05:08 PM
.....I actually liked FF....

* dodges tomatoes and apples*

But in all seriousness, I liked FF and hated BTTS, mostly because im into the more Sci-Fi aspects of TMNT.

CyberCubed
06-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Torbin Zixx is one of my favorite characters, he sort of reminds me of X-men characters like a cross between Gambit and someone else.

ABrown
06-14-2013, 09:32 AM
.....I actually liked FF....
* dodges tomatoes and apples*

The Fast Forward season really wasn't that bad. I just disliked it when it first aired because I wanted the conclusion of the original style. Had the 2006/2007 season started off with the "Ninja Tribunal" season, and then continued with the first half of the FF season, I probably wouldn't have minded as much.

snake
06-14-2013, 09:56 AM
The Fast Forward season really wasn't that bad. I just disliked it when it first aired because I wanted the conclusion of the original style. Had the 2006/2007 season started off with the "Ninja Tribunal" season, and then continued with the first half of the FF season, I probably wouldn't have minded as much.

Yeah, the unfinished stuff was annoying, but I liked FF for what it was.

Teddy
06-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, both sucked. But I guess Fast Forward sucked a tiny bit less than BTTS.

CyberCubed
06-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, both sucked. But I guess Fast Forward sucked a tiny bit less than BTTS.

Why did they suck? It's interesting to never hear reasons behind it.

madyankees
06-14-2013, 08:44 PM
I thought the series really took a different direction with these 2 seasons. I prefer fast forward (just barely) but I really thought these 2 seasons kinda gave the series a lame finish.

The story lines were not that interesting and the characters were boring (seriously an irritating robot police constable, Cody and his robot were terrible). The only interesting dude was Zixx.

I also don't like the character design (not a fan of the turtles 2105 look or their weird pupils in season 7. HATE what they did to April in Season 7)

gobo
06-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Why did they suck? It's interesting to never hear reasons behind it.
Inconsistency is my answer to that.

Xav
06-15-2013, 02:11 PM
BTTS, I didn't really like most of the villians in Fast Forward.

ABrown
06-17-2013, 08:22 AM
BTTS, I didn't really like most of the villians in Fast Forward.

I'll take the FF villains over the BTTS ones. Cyber-Shredder was just ridiculous. Khan wasn't bad, but he was given the back seat to Cyber-Shredder. The FF villains were actually pretty cool. Sh'Okanabo, Darius Dunn, and Jammerhead I found all much more entertaining.

InsaneZane
06-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Torbin Zixx is one of my favorite characters, he sort of reminds me of X-men characters like a cross between Gambit and someone else.

Jack Nickolson