PDA

View Full Version : Your weapon of choice

Whatswiththeheadbands?
06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Which of the Turtle's weapons would you most like to own and use?

Me personally, I would pick Raph's twin sai. Very dangerous in the right hands, plus small enough to carry around.

So what would your weapon of choice be?

Candy Kappa
06-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Katana, because I am actually trained to properly handle it. Bo would be second of similar reasons, but with less proficiency.

AT-Man
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Nunchucks because that's what I'd like to learn to handle properly and they're so cool and I can only think of situations where I'd like to severely bruise people, not to kill them.

DonatelloNinja82
06-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Probably the bo. I'm not trained to use any of those weapons, but it seems the most practical, and good for long range attacks plus defense.

Type 97 Chi-ha
06-14-2013, 05:18 PM
"A ninja's best weapons are his body and his mind." - Quote from an early issue of the Mirage TMNT.

BabyTurtles
06-14-2013, 05:31 PM
.....I can't be trusted with pointy or sharp weapons.....XD

so....I'd choose either Nunchucks or Bo staff :)

...HMM...Nunchucks are easier to hide though......but I wouldn't want to be hit by them either... lol

snake
06-14-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm with the 'chucks, I'd probably end up killing myself with Katanas or Sais :lol:

ledahead
06-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Nunchucks. I like them because you can swing them around.

madyankees
06-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Sai...Even though my fav turtle is mikey

Nameless
06-14-2013, 09:17 PM
If you mean turtles as in just the 4 turtles weapons i'de pick the katanas mostly because they take the least amount of skill to be deadly with.

however if you mean turtles as in the "turtle verse" it would be Shredders blades. why cause its badass. i actually have made a costume of his armor and wearing it at halloween was awesome. especially when i found a bubble machine. Spent at least 15 minutes attacking smoke filled bubbles.

Luigiperps
06-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Staff. But I'd like it to be collapsible, but many I've been watching WAAAAAY to much Teen Titans :tanime:

CowabungaMikey
06-14-2013, 11:25 PM
I love the nunchuks the most... but give me a bo, cause the other weapons would kill me.

Stingray69
06-15-2013, 12:50 AM
I like the chucks the most but if it where a life or death fight give me the katanas.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-15-2013, 02:24 AM
I'll go with katana or bo thank you. I've already done some sparring with staffs, so it wouldn't be hard for me to learn. I'm also a LARPer (or used to be) and was fairly good with blades as well. I favored the Florentine style, so katanas wouldn't be much of a stretch for me, either.

joefsas
06-15-2013, 03:00 AM
I like the idea of the bo. Simple but very effective :)

Davin
06-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Me personally, I would pick Raph's twin sai. Very dangerous in the right hands

A pencil could be dangerous in the right hands as well. But I think if skilled practitioners of each of the four weapons went head to head, the katana would win. It causes the most fatal wounds, it beats all on range except the bo (unless you throw the sai), and blade versus wood is still advantageous in that situation. However, famous samurai Mushashi Miyamoto supposedly won one of his duels with a wooden sword he whittled out of a rowing oar. So back to my first point, anything can happen.

My choice: katana

BubblyShell22
06-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I'd definitely use the katana because it's just such an awesome weapon, though I doubt I'd be able to use it as I'm not trained. But let's say I was trained, then, yes, katana would definitely be my choice.

slashpieturtlemix
06-15-2013, 08:02 AM
The Bo because I can actually use it. The sai is a dream come true though.

Candy Kappa
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
blade versus wood is still advantageous in that situation.

slightly untrue. At least the katas I've been taught the sword is on the defensive. The Bo is made from very strong hard oak and can easily damage the Katana, include that with longer range and skull splitting and bone pulverizing force behind a Bo attack. The sword user should definatly be careful.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-17-2013, 06:48 PM
The main thing to remember here is that each of these weapons uses very different fighting styles, each with its own advantages and weaknesses. In a given situation, with fighters of equal skill level, it probably comes down to environment. Even a peasant with a pitchfork can take down a knight in full armor under the right circumstances, though the knight clearly has the advantage. In an otherwise even match, it's not the weapon that gives the advantage, but the person wielding it. Familiarity and being comfortable with the chosen weapon is of paramount importance, even over what it is actually capable of.

The biggest problem here is knowing which weapon/style would BEST SUIT YOU. In my case, I'm good at coming in fast and low, so even though I like the katana best, I'd probably do well with sais, too. (And I DO like pointy things....) And I am able to use both hands almost equally well in sparring, so the dual sword style is familiar to me. But I'm also good at staying out of range only to get in and out quickly with a hard hit- hence my fondness for the bo. So it really all comes down to how you fight best. A person who likes the sais, but is better with longer range, might fare better with the bo, even thought they prefer the sais. The point is that it's more important to know what would best fit you particular skill-set and physical abilities, instead of simply "which one does the most damage".

Slade
06-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Sai. I'm actually going to buy some the next time I go by the shop that carries them around here.

Lethal Lullaby
06-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Sais or Katana. Pretty much anything I could stab with. :ttwisted:

Plus they're shiny. :trazz:

Ch'redder
06-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Either the dual katana or the bo staff.

snake
06-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Sai. I'm actually going to buy some the next time I go by the shop that carries them around here.

Try not to stab yourself :P

ninjafowlkes8705
06-19-2013, 11:24 PM
twin ninja swords or the bo staff

Prowler
06-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Nunchuks are pretty cool, my favorite weapon aesthetics wise and also the main reason I usually pick Michelangelo in the TMNT Arcade/SNES/MD beat 'em ups. But when it comes to real life, I think the katanas would be the best choice for a beginner. Plus, they'd give me the illusion of being a swordsman. Who wouldn't want to be a swordsman?

billbot85
06-26-2013, 10:16 PM
I have a pair of sais and a bo staff. The sai are just a practice pair, and are not sharp at all. I got them to practice with back when I took Karate.

I would choose the sais as my weapon of choice any day :tgrin:

Genesis
06-26-2013, 10:58 PM
As Donatello has said to explain his weapon preference, "I've found the simplest gadget is still the most effective!"
iF5Xqb1v_jA

Tora
06-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Sai...Even though my fav turtle is mikey

Same here. :tgrin:

Klap Klap
07-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Kusarigama! :khappy:

MikeandRaph87
07-03-2013, 01:45 PM
If I were to ever use any weapon I would chose the katana. I have always had a fancy for swords and a friend's father taught me the basics of fencing. I think I could handle the weapon if I got the proper trainning.

Candy Kappa
07-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Fencing and Kenjutsu is a different ball game, but with some proper training it is quite easy to grasp

Shark_Blade
07-04-2013, 01:51 AM
I might sliced myself with the katanas, or stabbed myself with the sais. So both are out of the question.

Nunchucks are really hard to use eventhough it looks cool.

I'd go with the bo staff -the added blade at the end makes a good javelin/spear. And since it's a long distance weapon, it's great for me since I'm not too good with short distance battles.

Genesis
07-04-2013, 08:51 AM
I might sliced myself with the katanas, or stabbed myself with the sais. So both are out of the question.Well, you wouldn't be able to stab yourself with a real-Life sai, not without a lot of effort, anyway.

Aoreinoken
07-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Me of course. The swords. Double Katana. I don't have money enough to buy real ones. So the Nerf ones are just gonna have to do.

Genesis
07-04-2013, 09:11 AM
I used to get those hollow plastic tubes from a dollar store - y'know, the ones that make the weird bweeoop sound when turned to either side - throw out the little noisemaker inside, jam two of the tubes together and pretend it's a bo.

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
07-10-2013, 01:51 AM
I started to learn nunckuku, it was fun but I didn't get to use them much than an hour.
I have always loved the sai and used those more than the 'chuks BUT I had to stop my lessons... I hope to continue it.

But I learned Shaolin Staff and I love using the staff. Mine is tappered, a larger end and a thinner end. I had a lot of fun using it and when we were allowed to spar, I got a partner who was going at it with me as well for real. She thanked me later 'cus neither of us held back. I had my staff in control and she knew what she was doing, so neither of us were hung up and hitting the other person.

Anyways I thought it was a lot of fun and after using it, I been able to use similar items as a weapon as well... from brooms to bed frames and smaller like pepper mills.

I still really want to learn the sai but I'm happy with the staff.
It's the mother of all weapons. Learning the staff is the lead-in to learning other weapons.

I might sliced myself with the katanas, or stabbed myself with the sais. So both are out of the question.

Nunchucks are really hard to use eventhough it looks cool.

It's actually hard to stab yourself with sai. You would bruise yourself before stabbing yourself.
Nunchucks can cause serious injury with misuse, however.

Vi11AiN6
07-10-2013, 06:32 AM
As a martial artist I look for the most effective technique and NOT flashy moves.
The Katana would be my first choice, Mikey's Kusarigama
would be my second, Sai have some practical use.

I'd leave the chucks and bo in the sewers :-)

Gyt Kaliba
07-10-2013, 06:48 AM
If you asked me this back when I was a kid, I'd have said the katana - be it two of them or just one, either way - even though Raph was always my favorite back then. There's just something inherently badass about a sword, so TWO of them? That's hardcore there.

Nowadays though, I'd probably pick the bo staff. It's a weapon that doesn't often get it's due respect, but it's just as awesome, if not more so, than any sword. I've never trained with any weapon, but just messing around with brooms and stuff, I am fairly proficient at the spinning, so it'd definitely be my pick to see if I could actually get good with the weapon.

Funnily enough too, back when I took a karate class, we were going to start training with nunchaku if the class had continued long enough. I'm kind of glad it didn't in this one respect, cuz I can only imagine hurting myself badly with those damn things. :P

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
07-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Nunchucks are also illegal so it's surprising to me that your school was going to train you with them.
'Chucks and the staff are both weapons you can still hurt yourself with.

My teacher often would explain that if the staff strikes you, do not be angry with the tool but with yourself. The staff is an extension of your body, and like any part of your body, you should always know where it is and what it's doing. If it hits you on the head, it's reminding you to pay attention.

I love the sai enough one of my female characters in my comic book uses them, and has them tattooed down her pelvis.
Like I said, I would love to continue to use them. I loved being able to use them offensively and defensively and spinning them around my fingers and changing stances accordingly.

Goon
07-10-2013, 02:18 PM
I owned a pair of chucks when I was a kid.. I use to mess around with them all the time.. I also found a sai after we had a Memorial Day parade.. Turned it in right away but not before I played around with it for a bit. Like others have said they are actually very hard to stab yourself with..

I'm not entirely sure what I would go with now.. I like all of the weapons.. I guess it would depend on the situation. But if I had to just guess.. I would probably go with the Katana.

Gyt Kaliba
07-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Nunchucks are also illegal so it's surprising to me that your school was going to train you with them.

That's state from state I think though, isn't it? Hmm...maybe it was something else, but I'm pretty sure he'd mentioned we were going to work with weapons, and primarily nunchaku, once we got going on yellow belt (the class only lasted to where some of us had gotten that belt, as the sensei hurt himself training). I could be misremembering on the nunchaku though, since that was probably close to 10 years ago.