PDA

View Full Version : Best filler episode in the 4kids series?

CyberCubed
06-17-2013, 09:57 PM
The 4kids series is known for its ongoing story arcs and huge mass of continuing episodes, that most of the time the fillers are either forgotten or not mentioned. I'll go with some of my favorites:

- The Christmas Aliens. Excellent adaption of the comic, great Christmas filler episode.

- Lone Raph and Cub. Only a semi-filler since it introduces the Mob, but a fun solo story with Raphael helping a kid.

- Turtles Against HATE. A better adaption of the comic with some great animation.

The Sewer Lord
06-17-2013, 10:30 PM
"Insane in the Membrane" and "H.A.T.E.".

snake
06-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Does SAINW count as filler? It was only an alternate universe that was never officialy expanded upon outside of its episode. So if it counts, I'd pick SAINW, as best filler and best episode of the series.

Powder
06-17-2013, 11:40 PM
"Insane in the Membrane"

Does SAINW count as filler?

You guys are killing me. :o

TheSkeletonMan939
06-18-2013, 04:28 AM

Good grief, of course not! It was part of a huge story arc!

I think my favorite filler was "Insane in the Membrane". They really humanized Baxter by showing us his childhood.

ToTheNines
06-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Season 1: The King
2: The Golden Puck
3: The Darkness Within and The Christmas Aliens
4: Return of Savanti

ABrown
06-18-2013, 09:23 AM
"Insane in the Membrane"

4: Return of Savanti

All definitely NOT "filler" episodes.

oldmanwinters
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I think there was a sense in which "A Tale of Master Yoshi" could count as a filler episode. It kinda felt that way when it first aired. One of my favorites of the whole series.

ABrown
06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I think there was a sense in which "A Tale of Master Yoshi" could count as a filler episode. It kinda felt that way when it first aired. One of my favorites of the whole series.

Again, I don't see that one as "filler" either. When I think of filler epiosdes, I think of episodes like: "The King", "Reflections"(which was pretty much a clip show), "The Golden Puck", "The Christmas Aliens", and "All Hallows Thieves". Those are the episodes that I think of as filler for the first five seasons.

Tazi
06-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Doesn't filler supposed to be something that has absolutely no effect on the main storyline, or on the characters for a long term?

gobo
06-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Good grief, of course not! It was part of a huge story arc!
True, but it was the insignificant part. What Donnie was living through during that arc was irrelevant. Only Leo's side of the story was necessary to move the plot along.

As far as I'm concerned, in this context, "filler" doesn't mean "junk" so much as it does "side-story". That makes about 85% of the OT "filler".

CyberCubed
06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
A lot of 4kids episodes have continuity in them, so even the fillers generally continue into later episodes.

For example if you were to consider the Nano episode filler, you would be ignored the first time April and Casey meet. And what about the sequel episode?

Vivi
06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Off the top of my head: I Monster, Christmas Aliens, Zixxth Sense...actually, it's true, many of the one shots have some references to the main story arc, I'm not sure if I can count a ton of episodes I really like.

Redeemer
06-19-2013, 09:23 AM
"I monster" if you count that as filler "Seasone 4 Dark Leo and the guys training and run into the RatKing!! I not sure if I would count it as filler, because it was linked to a previous event, but was not a part of the season 4 arcs.

But also All Hallowse-eve ftw

MsMarvelDuckie
06-20-2013, 08:34 PM
The Christmas Aliens gets my vote. Then again, I could be biased, as it's my fave episode revolving around my fave turtle..... And I think The Golden Puck is another good one- if only for that laugh-out-loud scene of Casey trying to "hide"!!!

shuriken
06-21-2013, 12:30 PM
I Monster was amazing.

Genesis
06-22-2013, 07:35 AM
- Lone Raph and Cub. Only a semi-filler since it introduces the Mob, but a fun solo story with Raphael helping a kid.It is my firm belief that kids ruin everything.

oldmanwinters
06-22-2013, 08:42 AM
But also All Hallowse-eve ftw

The cool thing about All Hallows Eve is that it is a very faithful adaptation of the comic (without the apparently controversial "Mecca Lecca Hi Mecca Heinie Heinie..." :lol:) and it still works just as well on screen as it does on paper. Fun little tale.

06-22-2013, 09:14 PM
The Lesson.

I didn't like the kid they helped was Casey though. It's such a small NYC.

Yorae
06-23-2013, 03:25 AM
The cool thing about All Hallows Eve is that it is a very faithful adaptation of the comic (without the apparently controversial "Mecca Lecca Hi Mecca Heinie Heinie..." :lol:) and it still works just as well on screen as it does on paper. Fun little tale.

Out of curiosity, what is so controversial about that line?

As for my filler picks, I'll go with Christmas Aliens, The Golden Puck and H.A.T.E.
Lone Raph and Cub was pretty decent too.

CyberCubed
06-23-2013, 07:42 AM
What did people think about "April's Artifact" and "The Trouble with Augie."

Two episodes where April looks for her uncle, first in a bug world and then in lizard planet.

Vivi
06-23-2013, 11:49 AM
What did people think about "April's Artifact" and "The Trouble with Augie."

Two episodes where April looks for her uncle, first in a bug world and then in lizard planet.

I really liked them both. The way the episodes connected to each other was clever, too.

oldmanwinters
06-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Out of curiosity, what is so controversial about that line?

In Pewee's own words (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1629521/pee-wee-herman-reveals-playhouse-secrets.jhtml), "It is translatable but, you know, not on MTV."

Internet reputation about the phrase's meaning was apparently enough for IDW to put a disclaimer (forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40705) in both of their Tales of the TMNT TPB reprints.

Bossa Nova
06-24-2013, 02:48 AM
I quite enjoy The Incredible Shrinking Serling. I know among many fans its considered a dud, but I find turtle tots just plain endearing and Serling always cracks me up, especially in the BttS episodes where he's completely out of his element. Granted, how the villain of the episode so easily changes his tune at the end of the episode is a bit obnoxious, but I do find the idea that the turtles and Splinter had this relationship with this obviously very intelligent scientist toy-maker while growing up to be rather intriguing.

InsaneZane
06-24-2013, 01:41 PM
the one that sticks out for me is The Darkness Within.
I felt like it was the 4kids version of my TMNT/Silent Hill crossover fanfic... exactly the reason why i loved the TMNT 2-shot comic from Infestation 2

CyberCubed
06-24-2013, 08:23 PM
the one that sticks out for me is The Darkness Within.
I felt like it was the 4kids version of my TMNT/Silent Hill crossover fanfic... exactly the reason why i loved the TMNT 2-shot comic from Infestation 2

I liked that episode too. That's why I'm glad the show had 26 episode seasons for the most part, they had plenty of time to focus on the big story episodes and the one-shot filler episodes and it worked great.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-07-2013, 07:55 AM
for me either 'The Darkness within', or maybe 'Touch and Go'

EDIT: And also "Cousin Sid'