PDA

View Full Version : 2k3 Splinter meets 2k12 Splinter

PApagreg
06-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Keep in mind 2k3 splinter is sort of honor before reason
While the 2k12 Splinter is bit of a combat pragmatist

CyberCubed
06-24-2013, 10:46 AM
2k3 Splinter won the Battle Nexus tournament. He's fought aliens and beings from another dimension. He is definitely more skilled than Nick's Splinter.

LivingMutagen
06-24-2013, 10:56 AM
2k3 Splinter won the Battle Nexus tournament. He's fought aliens and beings from another dimension. He is definitely more skilled than Nick's Splinter.

That we have seen so far. Nick Splinter could potentially be/become more powerful than 2k3 Splinter.

Shark_Blade
06-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Why would both Splinters wanna fight anyway..

If anything they'll sit together drinking tea with biscuits and discuss about their bratty sons.

Colonel Schrader
06-24-2013, 11:28 AM
2k3 splinter put work in!! he was right there fighting with his sons!

2012 splinter is a sewer hiding sissy.. he doesn't do ****!

Klap Klap
06-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I feel the constant mystery surrounding the Nick Splinter makes him more intense. During the times that the he fights, he appears unmatched in strength and speed. Nick Splinter appears fluid in technique, as if he isn't trying hard at all.

For example, the 2k3 Splinter appeared to have a tough time with the Mousers in the beginning, while the Nick Splinter beat Leatherhead within seconds.

2012 Splinter - "I'm compassionate, not insane."

Of course, it's just my opinion. It is too early to tell.

(Plus, Nick Splinter is taller. :khappy: )

Colonel Schrader
06-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I feel the constant mystery surrounding the Nick Splinter makes him more intense. During the times that the he fights, he appears unmatched in strength and speed. Nick Splinter appears fluid in technique, as if he isn't trying hard at all.

For example, the 2k3 Splinter appeared to have a tough time with the Mousers in the beginning, while the Nick Splinter beat Leatherhead within seconds.

2012 Splinter - "I'm compassionate, not insane."

Of course, it's just my opinion. It is too early to tell.

(Plus, Nick Splinter is taller. :khappy: )

exactly he is damn tough, but doesn't do anything, why can't he go fight his own battles with the shredder instead of putting his sons at risk. If I had kids like the turtles i would never put them in harms way!! this dude once sent them out to fight without weapons! April should called the child protection services and make them take the turtles away from him..

Overlordofnobodies
06-24-2013, 12:49 PM
exactly he is damn tough, but doesn't do anything, why can't he go fight his own battles with the shredder instead of putting his sons at risk. If I had kids like the turtles i would never put them in harms way!! this dude once sent them out to fight without weapons! April should called the child protection services and make them take the turtles away from him..

Because the show is about the turtles and not Splinter. I mean really. That like asking why none of the grow up heroes like the kids do the fight in show like Teen titans or Young Justice.

Any way my money will go on 12 Splinter any day of the week. If any one think other wise. Go watch splinter vs leatherhead or what he does to the Rat king at the end again.

Martin
06-24-2013, 02:15 PM

I think that they've made him so effing powerful that, if he fought alongside the turtles, he would unbalance things. Remember the 'I, monster' ep? Or when he fought against LH? He is the rat equivalent of superman for crying out loud.

So far the turtles have been able to overcome all the obstacles they've been faced with (apart from shredder of course), and they aren't remotely as good as splinter. Imagine what would happen if he did indeed help; the eps would last about three minutes. Besides, as someone already said, this indeed is a show about mutant turtles, but I feel that the writers should have come up with some sort of explanation as to why he doesn't help out more, especially when their, or the world's welfare is at risk. In other versions they could get away with splinter staying in the benches by making him old and weak, but still retaining a good level of badassery.

Luckyday
06-24-2013, 03:10 PM
This new splinter from what it looks and acts more like a general/clan leader. Instead of making him to be this kindly dojo instructor, he much more miliant and someone who is uses to handling troops then kids.

Lord Nightwalker
06-24-2013, 04:42 PM

And straight to a science lab for vivisection.

On another note, I can not wait for him (nick Splinter) to go one on one with Shredder.

Shark_Blade
06-24-2013, 05:16 PM
This new splinter from what it looks and acts more like a general/clan leader. Instead of making him to be this kindly dojo instructor, he much more miliant and someone who is uses to handling troops then kids.
I agree with this. The main leader stays back at the heart of the operation aka home. :D

Vivi
06-24-2013, 05:17 PM
2007 movie Splinter feels like the missing link between these two.

I like 2k3 Splinter, but 2k12 has his moments, too. Wish there was a spin off show of the movie (more turtle shows, why not?). Too bad Mako is not around anymore, he killed it as Uncle Iroh.

snake
06-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Wow, these " 2k3 X Meets 2k12 Y." seem to pop up alot lately...

Anyways, I'd think 2k12 splinter would win. Sure 2k3 won the Battle Nexus, but this Splinter is clearly stronger. ( It Came From The Depths,and I Monster come to mind.)

redsai4lex
06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
2012 / Nick-Splinter is awesome! Very much a father figure type...
2k3 / 4Kids-Splinter kind of bothered me a lot with his voice, and besides... We saw more action from him then I ever even cared to...

DonatelloNinja82
06-25-2013, 05:25 PM

If anything they'll sit together drinking tea with biscuits and discuss about their bratty sons.

I like this one!! :)

Donatello19
06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Nick Splinter is a more like able character IMO, although I wish he would get out of the sewer and actually do something once in a while like the 2k3 one did.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
More likable? Not after he made them go out and fight a MAJOR battle without their weapons! What kind of parent/teacher DOES that? Seriously?! And given 2K3 Splinter's status as a TWO-TIME Battle Nexus veteran, (and this is against aliens FAR tougher than Leatherhead or the Rat King) I'd think he'd mop the floor with the Nick one.... That's just my two cents, mind.

raph27
06-25-2013, 07:37 PM

:tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol:

Luckyday
06-25-2013, 09:05 PM
More likable? Not after he made them go out and fight a MAJOR battle without their weapons! What kind of parent/teacher DOES that? Seriously?! And given 2K3 Splinter's status as a TWO-TIME Battle Nexus veteran, (and this is against aliens FAR tougher than Leatherhead or the Rat King) I'd think he'd mop the floor with the Nick one.... That's just my two cents, mind.

At that moment was maybe the second that i didn't like splinter. For him, that was very much of a stupid command.