PDA

View Full Version : Worst toy company out there?

miru
06-26-2013, 09:11 AM
I'd say jazwares. Their figures are very fragile, cheap, and blocky. Not to mention they skip many important characters (especially if they are female)

Jakks-Pacific is a close second. At least their figures are not easy to break, but they still skip important characters and have low articulation.

What is your least favorite toy company?

Discogod
06-27-2013, 06:46 AM
Definately Jazwares. Their toys are little more than knockoff quality. It's a shame, 'cause I've seen protos from their various lines at Toy Fair and the sculpts are great (Their Street Fighter figures had gorgeous sculpts), but something obviously goes very wrong in production.

Second would be Mattel, at least for their collector-orientated lines. They're just a joke at this point.

Zulithe
06-27-2013, 07:27 AM
100% agree with Jazwares. I love Adventure Time and it kills me that they have the license. Their stuff is junk. The plushies are passable, so I did buy some of those. The rest looks like the worst stuff that comes out of China... because it is.

Donatello19
06-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah, sadly it's Jazwares. Their Sonic figures break just from taking them out of the package :( It's a shame because the sculpts are great and they're the best looking Sonic figures yet....They're making Teen Titans Go! toys in the Fall, and I really hope they aren't as bad as most of their current lines.

raph27
06-28-2013, 09:34 AM
And they got the Minecraft license. *sigh*

Ninjinister
06-28-2013, 09:54 AM
I've never had a Jazwares break other than my Charmy's antenna which happened long after I took it out of the package.

I'd say jazwares. Their figures are very fragile, cheap, and blocky. Not to mention they skip many important characters (especially if they are female)

With most of their lines, yeah. At least with Sonic though I've got two different Amys and a Blaze. But indeed, I don't think there are any females in their MK lines, and they canceled Street Fighter before they released Viper.

Powder
06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Yeah, Jazzwares is ASS. They got so many licenses I would've bought tons of toys from, but everything is total crap. The only stuff that was halfway decent were the Pokemon Black & White figures, as they didn't have/need articulation. But just the same, some of the sculpts were kinda derpy and the paint apps were really sketchy.

Donatello19
06-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah, Jazzwares is ASS. They got so many licenses I would've bought tons of toys from, but everything is total crap.

Agreed 100%. I actually have a collection of their Sonic figures but I haven't been adding to it since the fall. I got these 5 inch metallic Sonic figures (from Sonic and The Black Knight...it's a game) and the leg snapped right off of one of them just upon taking him out of the box. I'd love to purchase some of their Nicktoons and Adventure Time stuff, but I'm afraid that they're of the same, bad quality that the Sonic figures are. What really stinks is that they've got the license to Teen Titans Go! (a show I love) with toys coming in the fall, but they'll probably be bootleg quality as well. :ohwell:

miru
06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
I've never had a Jazwares break other than my Charmy's antenna which happened long after I took it out of the package.

With most of their lines, yeah. At least with Sonic though I've got two different Amys and a Blaze. But indeed, I don't think there are any females in their MK lines, and they canceled Street Fighter before they released Viper.

I said especially if female, not only if. We never got Zangief, Blanka, Honda, Lemongrab, Balrog, Bison, Vega, Ricardio, The Lich, or Death.

Ninjinister
06-29-2013, 02:05 PM
I said especially if female, not only if. We never got Zangief, Blanka, Honda, Lemongrab, Balrog, Bison, Vega, Ricardio, The Lich, or Death.

I was agreeing with you o.O What are you on about?

Candy Kappa
06-29-2013, 03:57 PM
The only Jazzware toy I have is the 6 inch Sub-Zero and I really enjoy him as an action figure.

snake
06-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Easily Jazzwares. But Hasbros shipping and case distribution is a lot worse.

miru
06-30-2013, 08:28 AM
I was agreeing with you o.O What are you on about?

They skip male characters too. Adventure Time doesn't have the likes of Prince Gumball yet (except in plushie form).

billbot85
07-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Galoob also has to be on of the worst. The action figures they make break so easily. I remember having Johnny Quest figures from Galoob, and they would just break like nothing. Really cheap plastic.

miru
08-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I have gone as far as to join a Facebook group called Jazwares sucks.

Discogod
08-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Galoob also has to be on of the worst. The action figures they make break so easily. I remember having Johnny Quest figures from Galoob, and they would just break like nothing. Really cheap plastic.

Yeah, but they went out of business years ago.

Forgot to mention Shocker/GBJR Toys. They're more known for ripping people off than actually producing toys...