PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-04-2013, 01:35 PM
what does everyone think about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus?

Personally, of what i remember, it was good

Genesis
07-04-2013, 09:11 PM
The games based on 2k3 were on my mind just today. Playing them by myself recently, I can't stand too much of it. Playing with my brother and/or other companions, however, made it a pretty fun - if very basic - game.

The first one was actually my initial exposure of 2k3. We didn't have FoxBox, or anything, but we overall enjoyed the first game. When we picked up Battle Nexus (for like, five bucks, I'm sure), and I appreciate the little changes. Adding that combo-ish system to the beat-'em-up gameplay worked for what it attempted, and the overall texture redesign of the Turtles' shells looked nice. I also enjoyed the new spin on certain scenes and some new stuff you never see in the cartoon (although that animation team made a number of mistakes).

A lot of people talk smack about this game, citing "repetitive gameplay" as a major fault, which I find silly, 'cause it's a beat-em-up. I like the Battle Nexus gameplay modes. They actually get pretty challenging.

Drose18
07-04-2013, 09:33 PM
It kinda sucks as a game but the cut scenes are "interesting" to say the least. Whenever i play that i just go straight to playing the classic game included.

Leo656
07-05-2013, 06:11 AM
I actually liked all three of the games based on the 2K3 show. They weren't great, but I've played worse, I especially had fun with the first one; every now and then I tear through it over a weekend.

I thought the second game was pretty good, but it fixed a few problems while adding new ones. They kinda made it so in some levels you could just run past and avoid all or most of the enemies, which was kind of stupid. And I think I have a glitched copy; at the fight with Hun late in the game, after taking a lot of damage he eventually turns red, becomes invincible, and stays that way. I was once able to drag the fight out for like 15 minutes to see if he would change back, but no. I looked around but never heard of anyone else having that problem; apparently Hun is supposed to go back to normal eventually. So I've never actually beaten Battle Nexus.

Genesis
07-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Yeah, he's supposed to switch back and forth.

Leo656
07-05-2013, 11:14 AM
And he does, until he gets very low on health, then he goes red and stays red. I haven't played it in a long time, so one of these days I'll have to check it out and if it happens again I'll just have to assume my copy is glitched and try to find a new one. :ohwell: