PDA

View Full Version : which is the best season 7 theme?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-07-2013, 09:40 AM
if you don't understand the title of the thread, then let me explain:

when Back to the sewer was coming out, there was a poll on the 4kids website, asking people what should be the next tmnt theme.

what i am asking is, out of the various themes in the poll, which was the best one?

gobo
07-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't remember which one is which.

Genesis
07-07-2013, 11:37 AM
All I really remember is that "Bringing the Green" was especially terrible.

CyberCubed
07-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Didn't anyone save the sound files of these? I think Roseangelo might have but I'm not sure.

sdp
07-07-2013, 12:35 PM
They're on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyvEk010Po

The one I'm looking for is the "unofficial" Mikey theme that was only a few seconds and a joke but it was funny, I seem to have lost the mp3 of it anyone remember it? He started singing in spanish "soy una tortugita..."

Bringing the green: not offensive but I don't like it

first rap theme: terrible,

Comin' back: another rap theme, better than the first one but doesn't fit at all. I remember this one was actually winning because the fandom was splitting the vote and we ended up voting for one we all agreed was the best and it was the one that ended up winning, I wonder what would've happened if this one had won, maybe it would indeed have gotten mroe people haha.

Cyber Shredder: I used to like this one more but it's really average, not bad but could've been better.

the theme that was used: It wasn't my favorite but it was indeed the lesser of those evils and it fit the series and the other themes it had before so we as a fandom chose this one and voted for this one.

Ready to strike - this one was my favorite and still is.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-07-2013, 12:55 PM
is it against the forum rules to post the sound files here?

Roseangelo
07-07-2013, 01:33 PM
I think I have all the sound files (including the fake one), but not posted online. Also not 100% sure where they'd be as I have multiple hard drives set up.

Shreddhead
07-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Wow, they are all soooooo terrible. Just listened to them all and almost all of them sound like cheap ripoffs of club songs that were popular at the time. I cant even tell which is which for some of em since at least two of them use the "comin back" refrain. If I HAD to choose I would pick the rockish one, sounds most similar to original 4kids theme and isnt trying to sound like a club song. A very distant second would be the DaftPunk Cyber Shredder one, though I dont know if it has more than 4 lyrics in it.

gobo
07-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Ready To Strike sounded like simething out of Batman Beyond, just with horrible lyrics. Cyber Shredder got me less pumped, but at least the lyrics weren't cringe-worthy. So, it's really a toss-up between the two.

InsaneZane
07-08-2013, 10:34 AM
the one that was chosen is obviously the best theme, that's saying a lot cuz it still sucked. but that's why it was chosen cuz it sucked the least... i think half of them were a joke and wouldn't have made it even if people did vote for it.

Martin
07-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh god the first rap theme kills me :lol:

Bringing the green: Not really my thing. It's fairly ok though.

Comin' back is actually pretty good and catchy, but it really doesn't fit at all with the series... Also, don't know why, but as I'm hearing this, I'm picturing Mikey wearing shades and riding around town in a car from fast and the furious :trazz:

Cyber Shredder: This one I really liked. Maybe it would have served as a nice credits song.

Back to the sewer: It's ok. A bit too fast paced to my liking but it was alright.

Ready to strike: sh*t this one is great... why wasn't it picked? xD

PS: Someone needs to make fan made openings with these songs asap

gobo
07-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Even though I thought it was pathetic, "Goin' Back To The Sooooooooooooooerrrrrrrrrz" seemed most fitting for the season since the eps were apparently written for ritalin-kids who wouldn't stick around long enough to see the lousy ending anyway.