PDA

View Full Version : Movie quotes game

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-09-2013, 03:55 AM
What this game involves is someone says a movie quote, then other people have to guess what movie it's from, and also who said it (actor or character)

and also, you can have TMNT quotes, but make sure it's not that recognizable.

I'll start it off:

"Sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning."

Powder
07-09-2013, 04:34 AM
Goodfellas.

"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Here's hoping people aren't Googling the answers.

raph27
07-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Wait.....we're on a TMNT forum and we can't do TMNT quotes?...........:tshifty:
Oh, and Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back, said by Mewtwo.

"I really hate that chicken."

WhitefinDolphin
07-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Wait.....we're on a TMNT forum and we can't do TMNT quotes?...........:tshifty:
Oh, and Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back, said by Mewtwo.

"I really hate that chicken."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's a quote from Despicable Me 2 said by Gru.

"These are Rhosgobel rabbits, I'd like to see them try."

raph27
07-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Right you are!
Radagast, from the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I love that movie, that was simple.
This one'll be hard::D
"HOLY SH*T!"

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Right you are!
Radagast, from the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I love that movie, that was simple.
"HOLY SH*T!"

is it Christmas vacation (1989)?

'It doesn't take a genius to see that the world has problems.'

raph27
08-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Nope. Knew it would be hard!:D

Jester
08-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Nope. Knew it would be hard!:D
Hard? How many movies have that line?

Is it Data from Star Trek: Generations?...wait...that was "OH $#!*" not Holy...

Vivi
08-04-2013, 07:15 PM

'It doesn't take a genius to see that the world has problems.'

Is this from Watchmen?

MsMarvelDuckie
08-04-2013, 08:24 PM
I have no idea on those last two, but here's one.

"'Prepare to die Earth scum!' I'm going to make sure they carve that on your tombstone!"

Vivi
08-04-2013, 08:57 PM
^ Darn, that sounds familiar. I can almost someone with a voice like Marvin the Martian saying it...

I'm going to hazard a guess for the hell of it...Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.(?)

Here's one:

"I love the powerglove...it's so bad."

MsMarvelDuckie
08-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Not Bill and Ted- you were closer the first time.

Hmm, I feel like I should know that one. Is it from B&T bogus Journey?

Retro-Specs
08-04-2013, 09:09 PM
"I love the Power Glove... it's so bad"
-Lucas, The Wizard. Awesome movie, if only for the fact it introduced SMB3!

My quote:

"Break it down? Are you kidding me? This is hand-carved mahogany!"

WhitefinDolphin
08-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Haha! Yes! It's a quote from Emperor's New Groove said by Kronk!

My quote:

"It says, CRUNCHY."

MsMarvelDuckie
08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
That was Templeton, from Charlotte's Web. Nice one. That was always my favorite book growing up. In fact, I loved it so much that I ended up sending my own childhood copy (which was my mom's before that) to my little girl in Iowa when she was old enough to start reading. It still has my mom's name and mine on the little book plate inside the front cover.

WhitefinDolphin
08-10-2013, 11:51 PM
That was Templeton, from Charlotte's Web. Nice one. That was always my favorite book growing up. In fact, I loved it so much that I ended up sending my own childhood copy (which was my mom's before that) to my little girl in Iowa when she was old enough to start reading. It still has my mom's name and mine on the little book plate inside the front cover.

Yeah, you're right! That's pretty neat that you were able to pass the book from one generation to another. Charlotte's Web was a favourite book of mine too.

Okay I'll shoot off another quote:

"Ladies do not start fights, but they can finish them."

Lethal Lullaby
08-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Darn. I can't seem to remember the name, but I know it was the female kitten from the Aristrocats, right?

zkarlette
08-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Here's one:

Back to school, to prove to dad I'm not a fool, I've got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I won't get in a fight.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I have no idea on those last two, but here's one.

"'Prepare to die Earth scum!' I'm going to make sure they carve that on your tombstone!"

I guess no one could get this one? I'll give you a clue- it WAS a "martian"!

Vivi
08-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I guess no one could get this one? I'll give you a clue- it WAS a "martian"!

I had to look it up, 'cause it was killing me...but I hadn't heard of it :lol:

Okay, I'll toss another quote into the ring:

"You think somebody would go to all the trouble to build this thing if you could just walk out?"

raph27
08-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Okay guys, I'll give you a small clue. Time.

Vivi
08-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Okay guys, I'll give you a small clue. Time.

Okay, now you've narrowed it down from a billion to half a billion...:P

Hm. It doesn't really fit, but reminds me of something they'd say in Stand By Me.

raph27
08-20-2013, 05:22 PM
No. Fine. Time travel.

shuriken
09-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Back to the Future?

Remember when I said I'd kill you last? I lied.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
09-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Right you are!
"HOLY SH*T!"

its from back to the future, said by marty mcfly

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Here's another one.

"How blind are you? Can't you see this guy's crazy?"
"Can't you see I don't give a s**t?"

MsMarvelDuckie
01-08-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure on that one.

Here's one. "Groovy, baby."

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-25-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure on that one.

Here's one. "Groovy, baby."

Is that 'Austin Powers'?

MsMarvelDuckie
01-25-2014, 09:23 PM
:tlol: LOL, close, but not quite! Actually, I hadn't even thought of that one, but I guess it fits, too. Actually, it was Ash (Bruce Campbell) in "Army of Darkness". And the previous one I used (since no one got it) was from "Spaced Invaders".

Anyone got another?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-26-2014, 05:29 AM
:tlol: LOL, close, but not quite! Actually, I hadn't even thought of that one, but I guess it fits, too. Actually, it was Ash (Bruce Campbell) in "Army of Darkness". And the previous one I used (since no one got it) was from "Spaced Invaders".

Anyone got another?

If you didn't guess, mine was from 'First Blood', said by Deputy Mitch and Deputy Sergeant Arthur Gault.

ObiWanFan4life
01-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Try this "Why you eyein' my lemon drink?"

Leo656
01-26-2014, 09:14 AM
:tlol: LOL, close, but not quite! Actually, I hadn't even thought of that one, but I guess it fits, too. Actually, it was Ash (Bruce Campbell) in "Army of Darkness".

Not to nitpick - although I guess I am - Ash only said "Groovy" by itself. You possibly blended it with his other popular quote, "Hail to the King, Baby!" from "Army of Darkness". Easy enough mistake to make, but that's probably why whatswiththeheadbands got confused. :)

I can't guess ObiWanFan's, but since I'm posting anyways... this is probably my faaaavorite... (nice and long, too)...

"You remember the stories he used to tell us about the three Chinamen playing Fan-Tan? Someone comes up to 'em and says 'Hey! The world is coming to an end!' And the first one says, 'Well, I best go to the mission and pray.' And the second one says, 'Well, hell... I best go buy me case of Mezcal and six whores!' And the third one says... 'Well, I shall finish the game...'"

MsMarvelDuckie
01-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Ah! Good one, Leo- that one is from Young Guns, I believe. (Can't remember if it was 1 or 2, but I think it's 1.) That would have been Billy the Kid. Love those movies.

You may be right about that AoD quote- but then it's been a while since I watched it. Personally, my favorite quote from that one is when he gets out of the pit after killing that Deadite witch and is intimidating the people- "My name is Ash, and THIS is my Boomstick!" That movie is one of my favorites.

And here's another fun one from my all-time favorite film (you'll have to guess what it is, though...)

"There's something you should know about us. I am you father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

ObiWanFan4life
01-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Ah! Good one, Leo- that one is from Young Guns, I believe. (Can't remember if it was 1 or 2, but I think it's 1.) That would have been Billy the Kid. Love those movies.

You may be right about that AoD quote- but then it's been a while since I watched it. Personally, my favorite quote from that one is when he gets out of the pit after killing that Deadite witch and is intimidating the people- "My name is Ash, and THIS is my Boomstick!" That movie is one of my favorites.

And here's another fun one from my all-time favorite film (you'll have to guess what it is, though...)

"There's something you should know about us. I am you father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Spacewalks, that's a good one. Here's one from one of my favorite horror movies:

"There's a formula to it! A Very simple formula - EVERYBODY'S A SUSPECT!"

Leo656
01-26-2014, 11:23 AM

It was Part II. Collectively, one of my sentimental favorite film series of all time. Really the first "grown up" movies I watched at that age - 8 or 9 - when I stopped watching as many kids movies and started appreciating more grown-up fare. And I've always had a huge fascination with Billy The Kid.

It's why when people automatically equate Emilio Estevez with the Mighty Ducks movies, I'm forced to spontaneously dig yet another shallow grave...

ObiWanFan.... was it Scream? Or Scream 2, maybe?

ObiWanFan4life
01-26-2014, 11:30 AM
It was Part II. Collectively, one of my sentimental favorite film series of all time. Really the first "grown up" movies I watched at that age - 8 or 9 - when I stopped watching as many kids movies and started appreciating more grown-up fare. And I've always had a huge fascination with Billy The Kid.

It's why when people automatically equate Emilio Estevez with the Mighty Ducks movies, I'm forced to spontaneously dig yet another shallow grave...

ObiWanFan.... was it Scream? Or Scream 2, maybe?

It's one. But while we're on the topic, here's another:

"What's your favorite scary movie?"
"Showgirls. Absolutely frightening."

MsMarvelDuckie
01-26-2014, 12:49 PM

Agreed. It was arguably his best role ever. Breakfast Club aside, of course. Although, I also have a soft spot for Men At Work, even though it's cheesy and rather dumb. I loved seeing him and Charlie together on equal billing, and the movie is hilarious in some parts.

Obiwan, it was actually SpaceBALLS, but meh, close enough. I got what you meant. And that last one's easy- the first Scream, it's the most quoted line from the movie, LOL!

Here's one: "Did anyone loose a roll of hundred dollar bills in a rubber band? Because we found the rubber band." This one might be a little hard.

ObiWanFan4life
01-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Agreed. It was arguably his best role ever. Breakfast Club aside, of course. Although, I also have a soft spot for Men At Work, even though it's cheesy and rather dumb. I loved seeing him and Charlie together on equal billing, and the movie is hilarious in some parts.

Obiwan, it was actually SpaceBALLS, but meh, close enough. I got what you meant. And that last one's easy- the first Scream, it's the most quoted line from the movie, LOL!

Here's one: "Did anyone loose a roll of hundred dollar bills in a rubber band? Because we found the rubber band." This one might be a little hard.

I know, damn it auto correct :lol:

Leo656
01-26-2014, 11:47 PM

100% agreed on everything.

I don't remember the quote, although it sounds familiar.