PDA

View Full Version : how do you pronounce Alopex?

InsaneZane
07-19-2013, 08:52 AM
this bugs me while i am reading, and i was just wondering how everyone else reads it.
i thought her name was pronounced (Aloe-PEX)
or is it (a-LOW-pex)?

just curious so i can put this to rest. because i never hear people talk about the comics in public, i only read people talking about the comics.
how do you pronounce her name in your mind?

Rhio2k
07-19-2013, 07:05 PM
this bugs me while i am reading, and i was just wondering how everyone else reads it.
or is it (a-LOW-pex)?

just curious so i can put this to rest. because i never hear people talk about the comics in public, i only read people talking about the comics.

First one, according to the pronunciation of the genus classification: alopex lagopus.

CyberCubed
07-19-2013, 07:08 PM
I thought this was rather obvious.

Aloe-pex.

Coola Yagami
07-19-2013, 07:45 PM
I actually thought it was Apolex. Now I have to go back and fix all those typos on my blogs...

Redeemer
07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
or is it (a-LOW-pex)?

lOL I know right???

I use to pronounce Mirage as Mare-ridge, pretty much pronounced it like Marrige :lol: Till my NON-TMNT fan (Kevin Smith fan) Corrected me talk about embarrassing :P

I always pronounced it AL-LOW-PECKS.

InsaneZane
07-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks, thats what I was originally thinking