PDA

View Full Version : [Question] The Criteria for an "Active User"?

Refractive Reflections
07-22-2013, 09:53 PM
LOL, so I have another random question about these forums. :P

At the bottom of the index page, under "The Technodrome Forums Statistics" heading, I noticed a number of "Active Members". What is the criteria for a user to be considered an "active member"? Just curious...

Roseangelo
07-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Those are members who are currently logged in and browsing the forums.

snake
07-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Members who have logged in/posted within a certain amount of days.
There's currently 2000+

Refractive Reflections
07-23-2013, 03:48 AM
Those are members who are currently logged in and browsing the forums.

....But wouldn't that be under the "Currently Active Users" heading? :-? Which is around 100-200 users, and not 2,000?

Members who have logged in/posted within a certain amount of days.
There's currently 2000+

Yeah, but that's the question though. :ohwell: ;)
Does it depend on posting or simply logging in? ...and within the time span of exactly how many days to be considered an "active" one (with over 2000)?
That's why I used the word "criteria" for the specifics.

Just wonderin'...

snake
07-23-2013, 10:46 AM
....But wouldn't that be under the "Currently Active Users" heading? :-? Which is around 100-200 users, and not 2,000?

Yeah, but that's the question though. :ohwell: ;)
Does it depend on posting or simply logging in? ...and within the time span of exactly how many days to be considered an "active" one (with over 2000)?
That's why I used the word "criteria" for the specifics.

Just wonderin'...

I'm pretty sure it's if they log in or perform action. They don't have to post.

07-23-2013, 11:28 AM
An active user is anyone who logs into the forums. There is a timeout period, however. If you do not move to any other page on the forums after a certain period of time, your name is removed from the list of Active Users. When you take an action, however, you are placed back on that list.

Refractive Reflections
07-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Oh... okay. :P :toops:
Thanks Ai for the clarification. I thought maybe it was something specific or complicated to be considered "active"... :lol: I'll clean the egg off my face now. :P

MikeandRaph87
07-23-2013, 08:03 PM
I thought it meant number of users who logged in over a two week period. I went a month without logging in and it asked me if there was anything the site could do to make me come more often.:trazz: I took that to mean inactivity for over two weeks put me on the inactive users list.

Krang
07-25-2013, 01:52 AM
To clarify, that counter is for members who have logged in within the past year.