07-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I loved the 2k3 tmnt but there are some flaws or peeves that I always hated
The dumbing down of Casey
April becoming a ninja master in a short time
Whenever Leonardo hit someone with his swords they fall back
Fake move techniques like double phoenix punch and dragon kick

victory_angel
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Some moments that looked like they needed to be expanded on, but weren't. And also closure for some traumatic situations that were left open ended.

Anarchistguy
07-25-2013, 03:58 PM

this plus:

Mike's lack of nunchaku skills
Color coded weapons (wtf)
Complete raping of some comic storylines (ex: Sons of the silent age)
Shredder's armor only having blades one one hand

Raphaeline
07-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Bishop is annoying (but interesting when fighting Shredder because it's bad guys against bad guys) he's too skilled at fighting.

And Baxter Stockman coming back aaaaall the time, that was annoying too.

It's true that Casey seemed dumb.

Icebot
07-25-2013, 07:33 PM
No Technodrome.

They didn't show the Shredder Wars from season 7 (the events that led to it).

Darius Dunn's fate.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-25-2013, 08:38 PM
My only real beef was that Baxter NEVER DIES!!! I mean, c'mon- how could he possibly survive all that abuse and dismemberment, TIME AFTER TIME, and not just die?? It was a little ridiculous.

I was cool with Bishop- at least he had a good reason for sticking around so long. And I would have liked to know what happened to Darius, but since they left so soon after he was caught, it was no big deal. I would have liked to see more of the Dark Turtles' fates, too, but it wasn't necessary.

Gin Rummy
07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I always thought the Turtles themselves were a little too bulky. And despite 2k3 being my favorite Turtle Series, to me, it clearly had the worst toy line.

The Sewer Lord
07-25-2013, 09:22 PM
All that talk from Splinter and Karai about the one, TRUE, Shredder returning - for us to see nothing.

Zany Orange Dude
07-25-2013, 10:12 PM
The turtles' beefcake designs.

TurtleTitan97
07-25-2013, 10:16 PM
The animation for Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers .

LeoNerdo
07-26-2013, 12:57 AM
I don't like the background music tracks....

07-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Ninja weapons made of wood deflecting laser beams.

And Raph and Leo can craft swords from junk in a farm.

April and Casey quietly disappeared from the Turtles' adventures the longer the series ran. Ironically, ever since they became a couple.

Vivi
07-26-2013, 05:30 AM
I love 2k3 but if there is one thing that I wish happened is that the second FF season was made instead of BTTS, but maybe the last 2 episodes could have occurred in the "present" and the wedding gone on as per BTTS.

Mandi-chan
07-26-2013, 06:14 AM
The overly bulky designs for the turtles (their muscles look like balloons, it's almost as bad looking as DBZ's overly butch style).

The many, many, many animation goofs and inconsistencies.

Casey being a complete moron, who seemed to get worse as the show went on.

April's super ninja skills after such little time training (this also applies to Archie's April, 2007 Movie's April, and Nick's April as well-but at least Nick's April had her butt appropriately handed to her when she faced off against a ninja who's been training their entire life).

Too much of the storylines were focused on Leonardo.

Mikey's horrible negative character development (or should I say character regression) as the show went on.

Hun (seriously, all he does is scream at his opponent to let them know he's about to charge at them...and then get his butt kicked embarrassingly easily. He got a teeny bit more interesting when he became Karai's rival, but it wasn't much of an improvement IMO)

The Notes From The Underground storylines and the Garbageman/Nano episodes.

Fast Forward (at least I was able to sit through Back To The Sewers)

Leo getting stabbed by Karai, and then he impossibly manages to wiggle out of his sheath as he passes out so it remains stabbed on her blade as she stares at it all horrified/stunned (I know it was for dramatic effect, but really? This falls under the animation goofs/inconsistencies I mentioned earlier, but because it bothered me so much I just had to list it).

The really awful voice acting during dramatic moments (especially Splinter).

The octagon-shaped bruises.

The various cop-outs following dramatic moments ("Oh no, so and so's injured! Oh, wait, nevermind they're totally fine. Sorry false alarm! Let's make a lame joke to wrap this moment up now...")

The guys (and their weapons) getting anime-inspired-power ups during The Lost Season. I'm not against the guys having chi/energy powers, but it was just so poorly executed in the show.

There's more, but these were the first to pop into my head...

Anarchistguy
07-26-2013, 06:37 AM
I almost forgot about the "too much Leo" part!!! hahaha, yeah, the show might as well have been called "Leonardo and Bros". He was SEVERELY overpowered.

And Mikey's increasing annoyingness over the years.

BubblyShell22
07-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Mikey's character regression was a BIG problem for me. I totally hated it.

All of Fast Forward. I could barely sit through it.

Splinter being stuck in cyberspace throughout most of BTTS and Serling being stuck with the Turtles. Ugh.

Zany Orange Dude
07-26-2013, 12:09 PM

Oh my gosh it was terrible!

Cure
07-26-2013, 01:02 PM
The character designs.
The melodrama.
How it's painfully unfunny.
Mikey.
Reused fight animations.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-26-2013, 01:28 PM
The character designs.
The melodrama.
Mikey.
Reused fight animations.

the series isnt supposed to be funny

Cure
07-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Yes it was, don't kid yourself. That was the point of all those awful jokes. It even had its own comedic punchline noise type thing.

miru
07-26-2013, 01:51 PM
The inconsistency in the portrayal of mutants. If the turtles, Splinter, and Leatherhead can speak, why can't most of the others.

The horrendous toy line. Sleek, jagged, clean, and boring was the rule there. They could at least make up for it with articulation and play features (which they did sometimes).

MrTMNT2012
07-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Fast forward and Back to the Sewer....nuff said.

DVD
07-26-2013, 02:54 PM
As a series of shows, I really enjoyed them.
I think they suffered though, visually as they went on. Similar to the Batman animated shows of the 90s. The animation styling seemed to get cheapened as they went on.
By the time we get back to the sewer, we have very flat, angled characters.

That said, it did create a certain look for each of the 2K3 incarnations.

If there was one thing that I would have changed, it would be the grating sound of Mikey's laugh ! :lol:

rufus
07-26-2013, 03:56 PM
The changing aspect ratios.
The music
Casey jones being a bit too dumb

CyberCubed
07-26-2013, 07:23 PM
The character designs.
The melodrama.
Mikey.
Reused fight animations.

The only time they re-used fight animations was one scene with the Mousers and a Foot fight inserted into City at War Pt. 1.

Other than that every fight scene was all new.

Xav
07-26-2013, 09:17 PM
All that talk from Splinter and Karai about the one, TRUE, Shredder returning - for us to see nothing.Not sure what you mean, we saw the Shredder resurrected.
The inconsistency in the portrayal of mutants. If the turtles, Splonter, and Leatherhead can speak, why can't most of the others.Because they weren't created by the ooze.

Electric
07-27-2013, 09:52 AM
overly bulky
too manly voices
FF and BTTS in general
Also didnt care for shredder being an utrom

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-27-2013, 02:24 PM
over simplified art style and tone of fast forward and back to the sewer

the turtle's pupils in back to the sewer

some side villains like the garbageman

even though i didn't like Mikey boasting about his battle nexus victory, i still liked the character a lot.

Leofan26
07-28-2013, 12:02 AM
I love every thing about this show and could re watch it tons of times, the early seasons at least. The one thing that I've been annoyed with the newest series is how they do Mickey, it's like these writers just can't do him well without turning him into a moron, on top of that what they did to him later seasons. I sure hope Nick version can fix this, so far i haven't been impressed :(

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Yes it was, don't kid yourself. That was the point of all those awful jokes. It even had its own comedic punchline noise type thing.

no, it wasn't supposed to be funny. it was supposed to be serious but with some jokes along the way. if it was supposed to be funny, it would be like the 80s series.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-28-2013, 12:07 PM
don't let alliance see this thread. for obvious reasons

(he doesn't like this series at all)

Coola Yagami
07-28-2013, 04:00 PM
no, it wasn't supposed to be funny. it was supposed to be serious but with some jokes along the way. if it was supposed to be funny, it would be like the 80s series.

So.... it was supposed to be so serious that when they throw some jokes in there they made sure they were lame and unfunny as to not break the serious mood?

CyberCubed
07-28-2013, 09:50 PM
I bet the people still complaining about FF only ever watched the episodes once 7 years ago and never revisited them.

FF had plenty of great episodes. Had it had the same animation style as the first four seasons it would have been fine.

The Sewer Lord
07-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Not sure what you mean, we saw the Shredder resurrected.

I was talkin' 'bout Turtles Forever. Ya know, the ending?
----

Splinter: OMG, he finally dead.
Karai: He alive, he come back.
Splinter: True, that was.
Ch'rell: Pls.

----
:lol:

Cure
07-28-2013, 11:39 PM

Oh, OK. You ARE kidding yourself.

I bet the people still complaining about FF only ever watched the episodes once 7 years ago and never revisited them.

Watching something once all the way through is enough to form an opinion on it.

CyberCubed
07-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Watching something once all the way through is enough to form an opinion on it.

Except for the fact that back then people were bitter about Season 5 being skipped, so in their mind they wanted to see what 4kids wasn't airing over what seemed to be a future filler season.

That's why after a while people revisited FF and realized the only reason they hated it at first was because 4kids aired it out of order and/or Season 5 wasn't as great as they thought it would be.

Cure
07-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Except for the fact that back then people were bitter about Season 5 being skipped, so in their mind they wanted to see what 4kids wasn't airing over what seemed to be a future filler season.

That's why after a while people revisited FF and realized the only reason they hated it at first was because 4kids aired it out of order and/or Season 5 wasn't as great as they thought it would be.

That may be true for some people, but not everyone. Point is don't generalize.

slashpieturtlemix
07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
What I didn't like was how I never found out what happened to the dark turtles. I actually liked all of the series but fast forward left me on a loop that annoyed me.

Donatello19
07-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Character designs
Tried too hard to be funny
Tried too hard to be 'cool' and 'hardcore'
The turtles not acting like teenagers in any way
Shredder being an alien
Fast Forward
Back To The Sewer
Confusing at times
Too many plots going on
The turtles' voice actors. They were either not trying at all (Leo) or trying WAY too hard (Raph and Mike)

DonatelloNinja82
07-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Serling...nuff said :P

LeoNerdo
07-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Other than the music I don't really like the color palette on the 2k3 show either. Lots of blues/purples/green.

MothraLeo
08-09-2013, 02:21 AM
This is by far my favorite series, but I did not watch anything after the second episode of Flash Forward. It was such a downward spiral I didn't want to ruin the series in my memory.

Bossa Nova
08-09-2013, 03:15 AM
This is by far my favorite series, but I did not watch anything after the second episode of Flash Forward. It was such a downward spiral I didn't want to ruin the series in my memory.

That's a shame. If you were able to sit through the monstrosity of the Ninja Tribunal Arc, you really should give Fast Forward and BttS a chance. True, they have a very different feel and approach to the turtles than previous seasons, but they contain some very interesting ideas and villains (Dark Turtles always springs to mind) to be explored.

TheBlueTurtle1
08-09-2013, 06:06 AM
That's a shame. If you were able to sit through the monstrosity of the Ninja Tribunal Arc, you really should give Fast Forward and BttS a chance. True, they have a very different feel and approach to the turtles than previous seasons, but they contain some very interesting ideas and villains (Dark Turtles always springs to mind) to be explored.

couldn't agree more with this.^

CyberCubed
08-09-2013, 09:58 AM

FF has some of the best episodes of the entire series. There are also some BTTS that are good too.

Refractive Reflections
08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Wait a minute, I think I hear something. :P I think that's alliance loading up these posts as ammunition for this viewpoint. :lol::lol:

Yeah, a lot of these posts are hitting the spot, but here are some prominent ones of mine:

-Dumbing down of Casey
-Making Raph and Mikey into one-dimensional characters
-Overemphasis on Leonardo getting the "serious" character growth in comparison to the other brothers. (I enjoyed the depth but it should be even between all four though.)
-Shredder actually being an alien criminal Ch'rell
-Poor comedy at times
-The Ninja Tribunal Season
-Mikey's annoying character
-The melodrama (i.e. when the Turtles, April, and Casey are locked in the freezer closet at April's store when Ch'rell attacks; and after cutting the gas line, he slowly walks away and gives part of his "Pheonix from the ashes" speech rather than the logical approach of running the heck out of there); it was times like these that garnered a laugh from me more than the actual intended comedy at times.

CyberCubed
08-09-2013, 11:58 AM
-The melodrama (i.e. when the Turtles, April, and Casey are locked in the freezer closet at April's store when Ch'rell attacks; and after cutting the gas line, he slowly walks away and gives part of his "Pheonix from the ashes" speech rather than the logical approach of running the heck out of there); it was times like these that garnered a laugh from me more than the actual intended comedy at times.

That line of Shredder's was lifted directly from the Mirage comics.

Refractive Reflections
08-09-2013, 12:01 PM
That line of Shredder's was lifted directly from the Mirage comics.

But just curious, was that used in the exact same setting though when the store is burning around and slowly walking out with a gas line already cut? :-?

AT-Man
08-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I still don't know how to feel about Ch'rell being the Shredder. I don't love it, but hate is too strong a word too. I just accept what I can't change and work with it.

The only gripe I really have is that the last two seasons weren't as good, but I rather take them over having nothing at all. Even though time traveling is just complete bee es everytime ever.

Shark_Blade
08-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Utrom Shredder.

Ew. :roll:

Yeah Casey was like a brainless cliche jock as opposed to the loveable psychopath in OT.

pannoni1
08-09-2013, 04:08 PM
-Not enough comic relief, especially outside of FF and BTTS
-The pacing is generally either too fast or too stretched out
-Michelangelo, especially after the Battle Nexus Championship being too cocky and big-mouthed
-Ugly Utrom designs
-No Shredder wars
-Confusing Ninja Tribunal arc
-Tacky April outfit
-The lack of originality (direct adaptions of Mirage that didn't do much justice) along with new-for-4kids characters that are rather lame and remain not very popular, along with too many filler episodes
-The animation of FF and especially BTTS
-Some of the voice acting, especially for the secondary characters and one-shots.
-And of course, Turtles forever pigeonholing the OT Turtles.

MothraLeo
08-10-2013, 07:04 PM
hmm...maybe I'll have to give BTTS another shot. I really didn't like FF tho.

Also, I actually liked the Ninja Tribunal arc.

Prowler
08-11-2013, 07:58 PM
It was a good show overall and I liked it for the most part, but some things bothered me:

- Michelangelo acting like an annoying retard for the most part after season 1.
- Ninja Tribunal arc. Is this Ninja Turtles or a Naruto ripoff? Gee, it was bad enough that the cartoon had subtle anime elements already, and then they decided to turn it int oa pseudo-anime.
- Theme song being step down from the FW toon.
- A lot of the humor being unfunny.
- Filler episodes sucked for the most part.
- Trying to be more serious and mature than it actually was. It made the show kinda pretentious. Even when I was a kid I kinda felt that way about it. Nowadays, as an adult, it looks even more pretentious. The lame humor ruined the mood a lot of time.
- The Ancient One.
- The quality dropping after season 4.
- Too much focus on Leo. Okay I get it, he is the Turtle's leader, but focus on each Turtle equally, okay?
- Casey Jones being an annoying retard who got his ass handed to him from season 2 on.
- An inferior rogues gallery to the OT. The only good original villains were Bishop and Hun. And it's not like Hun was an amazing character. Also, mutants, except for the Turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead were nothing but mindless monsters.

Technogeek29
08-11-2013, 09:50 PM
It was a good show overall and I liked it for the most part, but some things bothered me:

- Michelangelo acting like an annoying retard for the most part after season 1.
- Ninja Tribunal arc. Is this Ninja Turtles or a Naruto ripoff? Gee, it was bad enough that the cartoon had subtle anime elements already, and then they decided to turn it int oa pseudo-anime.
- Theme song being step down from the FW toon.
- A lot of the humor being unfunny.
- Filler episodes sucked for the most part.
- Trying to be more serious and mature than it actually was. It made the show kinda pretentious. Even when I was a kid I kinda felt that way about it. Nowadays, as an adult, it looks even more pretentious. The lame humor ruined the mood a lot of time.
- The Ancient One.
- The quality dropping after season 4.
- Too much focus on Leo. Okay I get it, he is the Turtle's leader, but focus on each Turtle equally, okay?
- Casey Jones being an annoying retard who got his ass handed to him from season 2 on.
- An inferior rogues gallery to the OT. The only good original villains were Bishop and Hun. And it's not like Hun was an amazing character. Also, mutants, except for the Turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead were nothing but mindless monsters.

I Never see Mr. Touch and Mr. Go mentioned. Is the general consensus, is that they weren't very well liked? Bishop of course seems to be a huge fan favorite and Hun who is a face to Purple Dragons.

CyberCubed
08-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I liked Tough and Go, but they only appeared in 2 episodes so there's not much to say.

Technogeek29
08-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I know, I wish they were showcased more. These guys can take missles to the face, Falling 7 stories getting hit by a helicopter which explodes and walk away. And they could've been an antagonist to Mikey who was in both episodes they appeared in.

snake
08-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Leo Overload
Annoying Mikey
Dumb Casey
Ch'rell and the whole Shredder stuff
BTTS
Karai
City At War
Terrible Fillers
4kids weird way of airing episodes (S4 after FF.)
Being on a largely hated channel
Butchering Mirage Stories
The Theme song

And that's about it.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
08-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Leo Overload
Annoying Mikey
Dumb Casey
Ch'rell and the whole Shredder stuff
BTTS
Karai
City At War
Terrible Fillers
4kids weird way of airing episodes (S4 after FF.)
Being on a largely hated channel
Butchering Mirage Stories
The Theme song

And that's about it.

Most of these aren't really valid when you say "butchering Mirage stories" because a lot of what you list here just boils down to that, and Peter Laird invested a lot of his own creativity and money into this show and was at the forefront of Mirage during the time that this show was on the air. My only complaint about this series would be the lack of respect it seems to command now from TMNT fans these days, it isn't that this show was "bad," its just that Nickelodeon has a better team working on their show and a bigger budget, they've managed to produce a better product and in contrast, the 2003 series doesn't seem so great. A lot of people felt the same way about the Fred Wolf series when the 2003 series aired, because in contrast to the Fred Wolf show, the 2003 series feels VERY Mirage and very ambitious. Some people hate on the 2007 movie as well, while others really enjoyed it for what it was.

Jester
08-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Post Battle Nexus Mikey and the fact that the lesson in Unconvincing Turtle Titan was undone by subsequent Turtle Titan episodes.

CyberCubed
08-11-2013, 11:31 PM
This thread should be closed. Some of the complaints in this thread aren't even legitimate. (it aired on an obscure channel....wtf?)

Jester
08-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Wow Cybercubed, you're a real champion for free speech, ain't ya?

Leo656
08-12-2013, 12:22 AM
If Leo is your favorite character, it can easily negate many "complaints" some people have about 2K3 (as well as makes the OT a f*ckin' chore to sit through). :lol:

tunecedemalis
08-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Easily my favorite adaptation of the turtles. I really liked the voices for the turtles and the muscular physique they had. This show was a more serious take on the turtles so I find it appropriate that they sounded and looked more grown up. With that being said FF and BTTS were terrible and killed the show. I wish they would have given more time to Raph, Donnie, and Mikey. They needed more episodes focusing on them. The Rat King was all but forgotten after I Monster. It would've been nice to see that story arc expanded upon.

Hannurdock
08-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Out of all adaptations of TMNT, this is my second favourite - after the 2007 CG movie. Yes, I am a Leo fan :lol:

The things I absolutely hated about the show were;
Mikey's annoying character and lack-lustre puns.
Only one reference to them swapping weapons in What A Croc. There should have been more emphasis on learning each other's weapons.
Some episodes were just dire. I can't watch them now, they bug me so much. Nano, Junkatlantis and pretty much the whole of season seven.
How many Shredder's? So we have Demon Shredder, Utrom Shredder, Cyber Shredder and Karai. Did I miss anyone? Seriously, why is it sooo easy to become The Shredder? (emphasis on The. Should have been one only)
BTTS theme song. I think they ran out of ideas for it. The only bit I liked was the line 'the turtles got your back ...' and that was it. Urgh.
Changes in the way the series was animated. I guess funding must have been cut for the later seasons, but BTTS was particularly bad.

But, on the reverse, the things I absolutely loved about the show were;
Certain episodes were incredible. The episodes that will stay on my mind forever are Turtles Forever, Shredder Strikes Back, Tales of Leo, The Ultimate Ninja, City at War, The Big Brawl, The Lesson, Exodus, Grudge Match, Bad Day, Prodigal Son (actually the whole arc is amazing, including the ancient one teaching Leo and the lair being attacked in his absence), Good Genes, Fly Me To The Moon, Timing is Everything, DNA is Thicker Than Water, The Freaks Come Out At Night.
Leo doing stuff wrong. Like stepping on a mine in the sewers. It's nice to know he can still get things wrong.
The whole Leo goes dark-side arc and training with Ancient One.
The Ninja Tribunal arc. Really liked this.
The Dark Turtles from FF.
The theme tune from FF.
Weapon switching in What A Croc. This should have happened more often.
"I hate the future" Raphael.
The mini eps. What a great little addition to the show.

Garfield
08-12-2013, 11:47 AM
The pseudo cursing. Things like "What the shell" or "Aw Shell". It made it seem like they were trying too hard to be "Too cool for school" or something.

The episode where the turtles met Casey when the were little kids, or when they visited the Ninja Tribunal when they were kids. To me it just came off as too convenient and a little goofy.

Sometimes I though some of the voice acting for some of the characters were um...iffy.

Matches Malone
08-12-2013, 01:27 PM

This comment should be closed. It contains an opinion I don't agree with.

The pseudo cursing. Things like "What the shell" or "Aw Shell". It made it seem like they were trying too hard to be "Too cool for school" or something.

Definitely made infinitely worse by repetition ad nauseam.

AT-Man
08-12-2013, 02:58 PM
The pseudo cursing. Things like "What the shell" or "Aw Shell".

I LOVED it! Never got old.

Prowler
08-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I found it cool back when I was a kid, so I guess that was their plan all along. But yes, it got old very fast, especially since it was said a lot more often than it should.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-12-2013, 05:39 PM
*Animation
*Last season
*Monster-mutants instead of character mutants
*Ninja Tribunal
*Shredder's origin

Refractive Reflections
08-12-2013, 06:52 PM
This thread should be closed. Some of the complaints in this thread aren't even legitimate. (it aired on an obscure channel....wtf?)

Well Jester, CyberCubed tried to convey that he wasn't too serious (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1139642&postcount=34) about these forums, now less than 48 hours later he can't even stand this thread existing (wanting it to be closed).

:lol: That's CyberCubed for ya, ladies and gentlemen... :lol:

Jester
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Well Jester, CyberCubed tried to convey that he wasn't too serious (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1139642&postcount=34) about these forums, now less than 48 hours later he can't even stand this thread existing (wanting it to be closed).

:lol: That's CyberCubed for ya, ladies and gentlemen... :lol:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/joker.gif

As mentioned in the Lose the lair in Season 2 thread, the fact the Turtles lost their lair, real or imagined, way too many times.

NinjaMan
08-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Ninja Tribunal arc
Demon Shredder
BTTS
FF
Hun
"Rat King"
Ultimate Ninja
Drako
Hardly any worthwhile mutants besides the Turtles, Splinter, and LH.

CyberCubed
08-12-2013, 08:08 PM
People are complaining about Hun now? Compared to who, the one-dimensional Dogpound?

NinjaMan
08-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Also hated the Ancient One and the whole Yoshi is your grandfather and Ancient One great grandfather nonsense.

Drako-Cat
08-12-2013, 08:14 PM
What a big surprise you hate Drako, like nearly everyone here does :roll:

I blame the writers.

Cure
08-12-2013, 10:13 PM
People are complaining about Hun now? Compared to who, the one-dimensional Dogpound?

Maybe they just don't like him. It's not necessary to compare everything to get an appreciation like you do.

Powder
08-12-2013, 10:41 PM
What a big surprise you hate Drako, like nearly everyone here does :roll:

I blame the writers.

You blame the writers... So then you realize he's a crap character? Your fixation on him seems a bit suspicious, IMO.

Coola Yagami
08-13-2013, 09:12 AM

Yeah why bring Dogpound into this? I remember not everyone liked Hun back then, even when he broke out into his one. And dude he was kinda one dimensional in season 1. Just shredder's strong arm.

08-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Ninja weapons made of wood deflecting laser beams.

It probably depends on which strenght the laser-raygun is loaded.

Leo656
08-13-2013, 10:17 PM
That kinda thing is strictly "cartoon science". What's worse is how in every movie, cartoon and TV show ever, people can dodge laser beams even though lasers are essentially light and you couldn't simply dodge them.

I remember reading John Byrne say he stopped watching the first X-Men movie when he saw someone jumping out of the way of Cyclops' eye beams. Dude takes his comic book science seriously. :lol:

Danetello
08-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I've only recently started catching up on 2k3, and so far I really dislike Raphael's voice, and I can't say I have much affection for Splinter.
Otherwise, not bad so far :)

Prowler
08-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I've only recently started catching up on 2k3, and so far I really dislike Raphael's voice, and I can't say I have much affection for Splinter.
It took me a while to get used to Raph's voice as well. But Casey's is worse.

And why don't you like Splinter?

Danetello
08-14-2013, 05:18 PM

I think it's a voice thing again. It doesn't sit well with me. He seems more detached, and less compassionate somehow.
Maybe I'll warm to him.

Coola Yagami
08-14-2013, 05:18 PM
It took me a while to get used to Raph's voice as well. But Casey's is worse.

Splinter's voice was probably one I could never get used to. It sounds like it hurts for the VA to keep talking like that. It's hard to describe. It never compared to the other Splinters out there IMO. I'm not counting 2012 Splinter since that wouldn't be fair.

I guess they're going for that voice since he is supposed to be old and such, but it does sound.... I don't know... I wanna say, someone speaking out of breath? Asthmatic? I don't know... it's hard to find a word, but it does sound like the poor dude is stressing his throat every time he uses his Splinter voice.

Prowler
08-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Splinter's voice was probably one I could never get used to. It sounds like it hurts for the VA to keep talking like that. It's hard to describe. It never compared to the other Splinters out there IMO. I'm not counting 2012 Splinter since that wouldn't be fair.

I guess they're going for that voice since he is supposed to be old and such, but it does sound.... I don't know... I wanna say, someone speaking out of breath? Asthmatic? I don't know... it's hard to find a word, but it does sound like the poor dude is stressing his throat every time he uses his Splinter voice.
Can't say I've ever had any gripe with his voice, to be honest.

The only one that annoyed me was Casey's.

Raph's voice felt out of place considering he was supposed to be a teenager and not a 50 year old man.

I was not very impressed with Shredder's voice as Oroku Saki.

Danetello
08-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Raph's voice felt out of place considering he was supposed to be a teenager and not a 50 year old man.

Ha, that's what I keep thinking! :tlol:

DarkLightDragon
08-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Hmm. Kind of tough for me to list since most of the stuff listed already didn't bother me too much and more of things I would've like to see more of.

-Rat King after "I, Monster" since there was a lot of potential with him and Splinter regarding the whole 'control over rats' thing.
-That soldier mutated into a monster by Bishop from "Dragon's Brew." Not only did we learn that he has family who clearly missed him, but it also brought more insight on Bishop and how far he'll go to achieve his warped goals.
-Inconsistent characterization of Mikey. I was never bothered with him after Battle Nexus but absolutely adored "Grudge Match" in that it not only served to give Mikey his comeuppance for being such a braggart, but also showed how formidable he was when he focuses and dominates Kluh in the last few minutes of the fight. You'd think this would serve as some good character development for him, but nope, it's pretty much dropped in favor of keeping him as the comic relief guy and that it's bad to develop that archetype.
-How Karai seemingly forgot Shredder almost killed her during Exodus which made her whole revenge sthick in Season 4 utterly unbearable to watch.
-Making Leo's angst in Season 4 take up half the Season itself. I know, it's not something one could easily get over after what he experienced and made for some good development. But jeez, it got old after a while and would've helped to not showcase for every episode.
-The surprisingly lack of Leatherhead in late Season 5. When the Turtles were gathering everyone they could, both ally and enemy, to take on Tengu Shredder, I couldn't help but feel that something was missing. Until I realized it was Leatherhead. I would've been okay with it if there was a reason or explanation for his absence, but nothing of the sort was given and never alluded to.

And that's all I got right now.

Justin
08-15-2013, 04:19 PM
It ended. I wasn't big on that, favorite TMNT series.

08-16-2013, 12:39 AM

It's because it's an obvious young American man's voice trying to sound like an old Japanese man. And failing.

Karai also had that problem emulating that accent.

Sabacooza
08-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I Started to dislike Mikey's personality and voice more and more as the series went on. He became more Homeresque and annoying by the time we hit "Fast Forward" maybe even before.

Electric
08-19-2013, 08:37 PM
i was never really a fan of the last 2 seasons, as im sure alot of you werent, but i really didnt like season 5 much either

other than that, just raph's voice and the no iris' with their masks

***First of Two Latin Kings***
08-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I've been watching Fast Forward, and I don't like how Raphael gets mad over nothing like a spoiled brat, is thankless when Cody creates a simulation room for training, etc. This carried over a little bit into the IDW books: "Someone better tell us how come Chet is a stinkin' robot!" The point of Raphael should be that he's quiet and a little socially awkward, but he should never just lash out for the sake of lashing out with no provocation. This was done best in the first movie, where Raph actually tries to take the high road with Casey because he sees something in him that he doesn't like about himself. So that's one thing about the 4Kids series that I actually HATE now that I'm watching it all over again.

Technogeek29
08-19-2013, 10:11 PM
I've been watching Fast Forward, and I don't like how Raphael gets mad over nothing like a spoiled brat, is thankless when Cody creates a simulation room for training, etc. This carried over a little bit into the IDW books: "Someone better tell us how come Chet is a stinkin' robot!" The point of Raphael should be that he's quiet and a little socially awkward, but he should never just lash out for the sake of lashing out with no provocation. This was done best in the first movie, where Raph actually tries to take the high road with Casey because he sees something in him that he doesn't like about himself. So that's one thing about the 4Kids series that I actually HATE now that I'm watching it all over again.

This did become a problem in the later seasons. Season 1 he was angry but only really lashed out in "Meet Casey jones" other than that he was just short or sarcastic to people much like OT Raphael.

gobo
08-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Garbageman.

Shark_Blade
08-20-2013, 02:33 AM
- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic
- laser guns, aliens/planetary travel in general

Ch'redder
08-20-2013, 05:38 AM
The fricking retools.

Powder
08-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Garbageman.

Oh god this.

CyberCubed
08-20-2013, 10:03 AM
- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic

The Nick toon has the last 3 things on your list in spades. Granted they haven't traveled to space yet but we know that's coming eventually.

ToTheNines
08-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Mainly, the superheroes. The first Silver Sentry one was ok, and the first Justice Force one was revealed to be all in Mikey's imagination at the end, so that was fine. But they really felt shoehorned in to the shows world. Peter Laird ****ed up on that one.

Other than that, the abuse of stock footage and certain musical cues makes the show a little hard to rewatch.

Coola Yagami
08-20-2013, 10:48 AM
The Nick toon has the last 3 things on your list in spades. Granted they haven't traveled to space yet but we know that's coming eventually.

Hun hasn't appeared yet. What magic? And the alien invasion was just for the season finale (to the general public anyway). It wasn't dragged out to an entire season.

tmntpower1988
08-20-2013, 11:45 AM
-The surprisingly lack of Leatherhead in late Season 5. When the Turtles were gathering everyone they could, both ally and enemy, to take on Tengu Shredder, I couldn't help but feel that something was missing. Until I realized it was Leatherhead. I would've been okay with it if there was a reason or explanation for his absence, but nothing of the sort was given and never alluded to.

I've had this thought in my head for a while now. This is what bothers me about season 5 the most.

Electric
08-20-2013, 03:10 PM
- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic

take out hun and yes, spot on for me.

shredder not being human bothered me, and his many defeats/ revivals got annoying. Casey im just not a fan of in general. The magicy stuff was probably the thing i hated most, i actually skipped through episodes where too much of that was going on, and had to force myself to watch season 5, since i didnt want to skip a full season. And same goes for all the space crap, if it had only been done a little, sure it would have been cool, but it happened too much for me to enjoy. i like the turtles being only ninjas, fighting in new york/farm etc., with no mystic powers.

Hun i actually liked, especially around season 2-3 with his rivalry with karai

DarkLightDragon
08-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh man, I forgot about the superhero episodes on account that I always skip those upon re-watching the series. Not only did I think they were pushing the envelope in terms of how 'child-friendly' the show had to be at times, but also was just the kind of filler I could barely care about. Yeah, I know the whole point of filler is to not care if it doesn't advance the plot in any way, but even when all the superhero stuff did come to a point in Season 5 with Nano coming back and becoming a member of the Justice Force, it still didn't feel like anything major besides maybe finally closing Nano's personal arc.

Coola Yagami
08-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Oh man, I forgot about the superhero episodes on account that I always skip those upon re-watching the series. Not only did I think they were pushing the envelope in terms of how 'child-friendly' the show had to be at times, but also was just the kind of filler I could barely care about. Yeah, I know the whole point of filler is to not care if it doesn't advance the plot in any way, but even when all the superhero stuff did come to a point in Season 5 with Nano coming back and becoming a member of the Justice Force, it still didn't feel like anything major besides maybe finally closing Nano's personal arc.

Which was an annoying character that never needed an arc to close in the first place...

CyberCubed
08-20-2013, 08:09 PM
I didn't mind Nano. He was just a robot character and I liked the childlike view it had toward its father.

I definitely prefer him over the other Season 1 filler characters, like Garbageman or Abigail Fin.

Electric
08-20-2013, 08:55 PM
I didn't mind Nano. He was just a robot character and I liked the childlike view it had toward its father.

I definitely prefer him over the other Season 1 filler characters, like Garbageman or Abigail Fin.

well, technically garbage man was supposed to be more elaborate, but they never aired the episode "nightmares recycled" since he and hun were conjoined twins at birth, which i think wouldve been interesting.

i actually liked nano, atleast his first two appearances, and then liked how they even brought him back with baxter in season 5, unfortunately, i hated all the superhero episodes

Jo Dawn
08-21-2013, 09:58 PM
-Cody
-Back To The Sewers

All good before then, pretty much.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
08-21-2013, 11:18 PM
-Cody
-Back To The Sewers

All good before then, pretty much.

I didn't like Hun as a character and I didn't really like the voice work for the Turtles.

CyberCubed
08-21-2013, 11:33 PM
I didn't like Hun as a character and I didn't really like the voice work for the Turtles.

What was wrong with the VA? The character voices for the Turtles were all done well, ignoring how Mike's VA exaggerated all his lines in the later seasons.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
08-22-2013, 12:17 AM
What was wrong with the VA? The character voices for the Turtles were all done well, ignoring how Mike's VA exaggerated all his lines in the later seasons.
I don't know it's just like to me that they didn't really "act" well or something. With this new series I just get the feeling that they really feel the dialog and in that show I didn't really get that feeling. I liked it though. Don't get me wrong. I just didn't really think the voices were all that great.

zbowen
08-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Seasons 5-7 were awful. Seriously nothing redeeming about them. I also was not a fan of the portrayal of Casey, he had good moments, but he was mostly too dumbed down.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-06-2013, 01:54 PM

Now, you see i really liked Raph's voice. It's the voice that's always in my head whenever i think of Raph.

CyberCubed
10-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Seasons 5-7 were awful. Seriously nothing redeeming about them. I also was not a fan of the portrayal of Casey, he had good moments, but he was mostly too dumbed down.

Nothing redeeming about them? All 3 of them have their share of great episodes. I don't think you people know what, "awful" actually means.

Redeemer
10-07-2013, 10:23 PM
- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic

Wow really??? I thought Casey was leaps and bounds better than the OT Casey.

I personally dont care for majic either and I was fine with it up until season 5 when they just bled majic.....

Refractive Reflections
10-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Wow really??? I thought Casey was leaps and bounds better than the OT Casey.

If you're curious why some thought OT Casey was better than 2K3 Casey, there was a thread of it here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=43856

CansecoBat
10-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Utrom Shredder killed the entire show for me. And up until that point, I was really engaged. A huge fan. I used to post on the boards during that time "TurtlePower2k3". I even enjoyed the fluff, and corny episodes. It was almost up to snuff with the greats like B:TAS, S:TAS for me.

But Shredder being an un-intentionally hilarious and un-intimidating Krang / Shredder hybrid, after being built up to be one of the most menacing villains I've seen in a cartoon ruined everything for me.

It was a needless re-invention to me, to make the mythology or lore cooler / broader in scope. But at the same time it destroyed the character of Orku Saki, and the personal, intimate conflict between Splinter and the Turtles inherent in the source material. They turned him into a bland take over galaxies alien villain.

It sucked, plain and simple. Laird out kicked his coverage trying something new with that one. The decapitation scene to end Return to New York was epic, but I felt they could've found another way to bring him back, while cooly picking up his head, besides making him a little pink turd inside of a machine's belly.

- Guardians
- Mystic / Magical Crap

Oh, and I forgot. The 2003 toy line was bad. Very cheap stuff, limited articulation, paint that would rub off without even being touched. Probably the worst effort from Playmates I've seen.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Oh, and I forgot. The 2003 toy line was bad. Very cheap stuff, limited articulation, paint that would rub off without even being touched. Probably the worst effort from Playmates I've seen.

Paint rubbed off? I have never had that happen to me before

CansecoBat
10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Paint rubbed off? I have never had that happen to me before

The paint on the bandanas for my turtles, and Casey's hair would just rub off in spots.

And this wasn't like I was banging my figures together like a retard. I was in my very late teens, early 20s by this point during the series.

That 2003 toy line didn't have as much effort put into it as the current Nick figures. The new line is more durable, better sculpted, better paint apps, better distribution. You name it.

Also, alot of the 2003 toy line was littered with "action features", I see the current ones having that occasionally for certain characters, but it seems like they're more concerned with just delivering quality figures.

The popularity of the current toys dwarf the 4kids show. Both in volume, and the way they seem to be moving.

It seems like the 2k3 show as a whole is slowly fading into the background. It's caught between the cultural boom show that was the '88 cartoon, and lost with the more marketed 2012 Nick show.

It's fading away into obscurity outside of fans of the mythology. I had a lot of friends who didn't even know there was a show from the early to late 2000s. And that's the other thing, this new show is coming on the heels of the last one ending just 3 - 4 years ago.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-09-2013, 03:17 PM
^^ I have never had that happen ever. Ive had my figures for 11 years, and it has never happened. They all seem to be in very good condition.

Yeah, and unfortunately, you seem to be right. The 2003 series is going that way, but only with mainstream audience. Turtle fans still remember it, so that's good.

Aaronardo
10-09-2013, 03:39 PM
The thing about the 2003 series is that, unlike the OT and NT, it wasn't broadcasted to a mainstream audience. The 2003 series was 4Kids, and, honestly, after watching one of their more "popular" shows, if you had sense, you wouldn't WANT to watch 4Kids. The 2003 series was the one thing 4Kids did RIGHT.

The OT was on a saturday morning block and the NT is on, of course, Nickelodeon. How are you NOT to know about it? :P So, yeah, you're right. If the 4Kids show was broadcasted to a more mainstream audience, however, it probably would have been MUCH more popular.

NinjaMan
10-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Hun was boring to me. From his design to his voice. Couldn't stand that big lug. I also thought Leo was kind of a whiner too many times for my liking. And this is coming from a person who always likes Leo as his favorite Turtle. Didn't care for Raph's voice as well. And season 5 and beyond were just awful to me. Really hated the magic powers and dragons and ninja deities.

CansecoBat
10-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I also thought Leo was kind of a whiner too many times for my liking.
I agree. It got progressively worse. It seems like writers confuse being a leader, with a whining nag. The 2003 presentation of him got worse, and I absolutely despised his portrayal in the 2007 film. A supreme, conceited asshole. Mikey got more and more annoying too. Writers having difficulty with him, turning him into one dimensional comedic relief. And in the 2003's show case, not funny comedic relief.

CyberCubed
10-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I love how people continually complain about Utrom Shredder when it doesn't really matter as you watch the episodes. Especially in Season 3 where he's Oroku Saki the whole season.

Coola Yagami
10-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I love how people continually complain about Utrom Shredder when it doesn't really matter as you watch the episodes. Especially in Season 3 where he's Oroku Saki the whole season.

But then we have Utrom Oroku Saki to complain about.

10-09-2013, 10:19 PM

It doesn't matter because he's an evil alien in a robot body.

CansecoBat
10-10-2013, 12:48 AM
It doesn't matter because he's an evil alien in a robot body.
Exactly.

Keep the pathetic, and hilarious Krang rip off separate from the sacred, bad ass Oroku Saki please. Is nothing sacred besides the Turtles themselves, Laird?

And just because he was in the Saki suit doesn't mean I forgot he's actually a little pink goo ball named Ch'rell, and that the entire character of Saki / Shredder was disrespected and reduced to nothing more than a humanoid machine guise or crutch for a little gumball alien with a bug up his ass.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Exactly.

Keep the pathetic, and hilarious Krang rip off separate from the sacred, bad ass Oroku Saki please. Is nothing sacred besides the Turtles themselves, Laird?

And just because he was in the Saki suit doesn't mean I forgot he's actually a little pink goo ball named Ch'rell, and that the entire character of Saki / Shredder was disrespected and reduced to nothing more than a humanoid machine guise or crutch for a little gumball alien with a bug up his ass.

I actually liked Utrom shredder. I thought he was very menacing and scary in general. When he had the suit on, my mind didn't go 'That's an utrom in disguise', my mind went 'That's the shredder'.

blindturtle02
10-10-2013, 09:11 AM
I actually liked Utrom shredder. I thought he was very menacing and scary in general. When he had the suit on, my mind didn't go 'That's an utrom in disguise', my mind went 'That's the shredder'.

Same here man. He was one of the most menacing Shredders I've ever seen. However, I was recently rewatching Turtles Forever and it sure felt as if the writers weren't too fond of the OT Shredder and co. They didn't seem too thrilled with the OT vehicles either. Come to think of it, they weren't too thrilled with just about everything from that show. I guess it's just me but it seemed as if the writers thought all the 80's characters were idiots. That's one thing I didn't like about the 2k3 finale, I suppose. The turtles really don't act that way at all in the OT toon. Laughing at just about everything, being just plain goofy etc.

I also didn't like that the 2k3 show was canceled before that Shredder War featured in the first episode of season 7 became a reality. Sure it's more Shredder stuff but I would have liked to see that. I can't think of anything else I didn't like at present.

Technogeek29
10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Same here man. He was one of the most menacing Shredders I've ever seen. However, I was recently rewatching Turtles Forever and it sure felt as if the writers weren't too fond of the OT Shredder and co. They didn't seem too thrilled with the OT vehicles either. Come to think of it, they weren't too thrilled with just about everything from that show. I guess it's just me but it seemed as if the writers thought all the 80's characters were idiots. That's one thing I didn't like about the 2k3 finale, I suppose. The turtles really don't act that way at all in the OT toon. Laughing at just about everything, being just plain goofy etc.

I also didn't like that the 2k3 show was canceled before that Shredder War featured in the first episode of season 7 became a reality. Sure it's more Shredder stuff but I would have liked to see that. I can't think of anything else I didn't like at present.

Well 80's Raphael and Michelangelo maybe but Leo and Don were definitely out of character. The vehicles were ridiculous but that was the there charm. A joke 80's Raphael would've made to that comment would've been something like, "eh it was marketing gimmick" a little 4th wall humor since that what they actually were made for.

for a better representation to what people expected from the OT Turtles read this: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9725723/1/Turtles-Forever-Re-shelled

Xav
10-10-2013, 02:12 PM
And just because he was in the Saki suit doesn't mean I forgot he's actually a little pink goo ball named Ch'rell, and that the entire character of Saki / Shredder was disrespected and reduced to nothing more than a humanoid machine guise or crutch for a little gumball alien with a bug up his ass.True but they did sort of make up for it by revealing he was just an impostor impersonating the real Oroku Saki who lived long ago.

CansecoBat
10-10-2013, 03:34 PM
True but they did sort of make up for it by revealing he was just an impostor impersonating the real Oroku Saki who lived long ago.
That didn't do anything for me, either. The Shredder in the series is still a more psychotic krang rip off. Basically combining the two characters into one. Not a fan. And once it was revealed he was an utrom, to me he ceased to be intimidating. He became un-intentionally hilarious. This angry little pink squid thing. And his motivations to me were kind of bland.

Utrom Shredder, like much of the 2k3 cartoon, it didn't balance out the darkness / drama / character development enough with true levity, acknowledging the absurdity of the very premise. That's probably why people generally side with the 80s and Nick cartoon more.

Coola Yagami
10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I liked how back then when we complained about lame-ass Utrom Shredder, people thought us wanting a human Shredder meant having a whiny incompetent Shredder. As if the idea of a normal human Shredder that deadly and to be taken seriously was impossible. Luckily the 2012 Shredder more than made up for that.

CyberCubed
10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
I liked how back then when we complained about lame-ass Utrom Shredder, people thought us wanting a human Shredder meant having a whiny incompetent Shredder. As if the idea of a normal human Shredder that deadly and to be taken seriously was impossible. Luckily the 2012 Shredder more than made up for that.

2012 Shredder is a bit too one-dimensional though, with his only redeeming qualities being his love for Karai. That may change in Season 2 depending on how they handle him.

I think IDW Shredder is the best example of a serious Shredder done right.

Coola Yagami
10-12-2013, 12:25 AM
2012 Shredder is a bit too one-dimensional though, with his only redeeming qualities being his love for Karai. That may change in Season 2 depending on how they handle him.

yeah, but you know noone reads the comics... 2012 Shredder is fine for now. He doesn't have 5 seasons under his belt just yet. The way he laughed when Karai attacked Splinter is the most psychological damaging Shredder I ever seen so far and it was awesome.

Jester
10-12-2013, 08:44 AM

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!!!

We should close this thread. People don't know what they're talking about!! Nick Shredder is the bees knees.

CyberCubed
10-12-2013, 10:36 PM
I find it bizarre people complain about Hun and turn around to praise Dogpound...who is literally the same character just as a giant dog.

At least Hun had a backstory with Casey. All Dogpound is now is a big guy who swings his arms around.

Jester
10-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I find it bizarre people complain about Hun and turn around to praise Dogpound...who is literally the same character just as a giant dog.

At least Hun had a backstory with Casey. All Dogpound is now is a big guy who swings his arms around.
Um....how much of that back story was established in the 1st season?

Just sayin'.

Keldor1578
10-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Other that the gaunlet episode, The Nick Shredder been awful and mostly he just sit on throne and bark orders and make empty threats.

CyberCubed
10-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Also 4kids Shredder has one of the best voices.

Coola Yagami
10-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Also 4kids Shredder has one of the best voices.

Until the 2012 version. Shredder's epic voice of evil makes the 2K3 Shredder's voice sound flat-out cartoonish in comparison.

Jester
10-13-2013, 08:00 PM
And really, James Avery was awesome for what FW Shredder was.....

Gonstead
10-15-2013, 03:05 AM
I never liked the Justice Force. I try hard to forget about them ever existing.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Until the 2012 version. Shredder's epic voice of evil makes the 2K3 Shredder's voice sound flat-out cartoonish in comparison.

I have to disagree with you on that one. I think 2k3 shredder has the most menacing voice out of all the shredders.

Keldor1578
10-15-2013, 03:45 PM
I have to disagree with you on that one. I think 2k3 shredder has the most menacing voice out of all the shredders.

This i agree, The 4Kids Shreeder's voice is lot more menacing than Nick Shredder.

blindturtle02
10-15-2013, 04:29 PM
I think 2k3 Shredder's voice is ok. I remember thinking that he sounded too young when I heard him for the first time. But I'm really digging 2012 Shredder's. Kevin Richardson is awesome. 2k3 Shredder still gives me chills though. Don't get me wrong. Anybody notice that he sounded like an utrom for a while but later on they were like,"Ah whatever," and left his voice at normal pitch when he was out of the suit? That always bugged me. I guess the only explanation I could come up with is that Utroms have a severe helium addiction and it took this guy centuries to kick the habbit. Other than that, I got nothing.

Oh wait, he realized that he sounded like a demented chipmunk out of his suit. So he had throat surgery in order to sound more menacing. Either that, or he's using upgraded voice synth tech. hehe, sorry Ch'rell. We cool.

Vivi
10-15-2013, 08:28 PM
I think 2k3 Shredder's voice is ok. I remember thinking that he sounded too young when I heard him for the first time. But I'm really digging 2012 Shredder's. Kevin Richardson is awesome. 2k3 Shredder still gives me chills though. Don't get me wrong. Anybody notice that he sounded like an utrom for a while but later on they were like,"Ah whatever," and left his voice at normal pitch when he was out of the suit? That always bugged me. I guess the only explanation I could come up with is that Utroms have a severe helium addiction and it took this guy centuries to kick the habbit. Other than that, I got nothing.

Oh wait, he realized that he sounded like a demented chipmunk out of his suit. So he had throat surgery in order to sound more menacing. Either that, or he's using upgraded voice synth tech. hehe, sorry Ch'rell. We cool.

lol, I thought it was not to give away his identity before the big reveal. I guess I could attribute to aging, or something to do with being linked to the suit or even being injured with the suit on? I'm glad they went back to his normal voice. And as for Ch'rell being menacing, it just goes to show you don't have to be a big bladed meat head to be dangerous. A flash back into our own history will tell you that.

blindturtle02
10-15-2013, 09:34 PM
I guess I was one of the only 2k3 fans who liked utrom Shredder. I thought it was disgusting but interesting. I didn't like his monologueing though. But I suppose all supervillains do this sort of thing. But as for other things I didn't like about the show... Wasn't a big fan of some of the filler eps. The Nano ones come to mind as do Return of The Justice Force and Junklantis. I remember ALWAYS catching these few in reruns and never getting to see any of the good ones unless Jester brought his DVDs by the dorms.

I started watching the show when season 4 aired. So naturally it was difficult to track down some of the earlier DVD releases and I'm sure it's next to impossible these days. Another thing connected with this show I'm not too keen on is the fact that no one is distributing these dvds anymore. I take great care of mine but they're going to wear out one of these days. I'm glad I bought 2 copies of Ninja Tribunal. I was afraid my original would wear out but that hasn't happened since I'm slightly OC with all my dvds. '

Coola Yagami
10-15-2013, 10:56 PM

Agree to disagree. I still find 2K3's Shredder's voice to be too cartoonish. 2012 sounds dangerous and evil but without going over the top.

blindturtle02
10-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Allot of the 2k3 voices sounded a bit over the top to me. I'm wondering if it has something to do with all those voice actors doing so much work in anime prior to the series? Allot of the anime my fiancÚ's sister watches has a good deal of these same guys and gals in it. Anime has always sounded pretty cartoony to me, at least when American voice actors are dubbing it in English. I hope that makes sense. lol

CyberCubed
10-16-2013, 02:32 PM
The voice actors were fantastic. The Turtles voices were clearly based on the movie incarnations too, so they sounded familiar from the start.

I also love 4kids Baxter's voice, he sounds so arrogant and it fits him perfectly.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-16-2013, 02:53 PM
The voice actors were fantastic. The Turtles voices were clearly based on the movie incarnations too, so they sounded familiar from the start.

I also love 4kids Baxter's voice, he sounds so arrogant and it fits him perfectly.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com./showthread.php?t=44203

Coola Yagami
10-16-2013, 10:14 PM
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com./showthread.php?t=44203

This. This is about what we didn't like about the show. Not what we didn't like, followed by a post 'correcting it' since our opinion is 'wrong'.

MartiusR
11-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, first of all, something I don't like in Mirage comics too - all of these space aspects - Aliens, Utroms etc. For me, Turtles should struggle with criminals, mutants and of course Foot Clan, but not with all of these aliens, I never liked this stuff in TMNT. And while I think that personality of Ch'rell really fits perfect to the Shredder, it wasn't too pleasent surprise to know, that the mighty and deadly enemy of turtles is, as it was said in Turtles Forever, "The Pink Slug".

I don't like too much all of these "mystical aspects" - Ninja Tribunal (but surprisingly for me, the fight with the "authentic" Shredder/Oroku Saki in NY was quite a nice issue of this series), Battle Nexus, etc.

I can't forgive for abandoning the issue of Karai (in my opinion, the most intriguing and interesting character in all series) after Ninja Tribunal season, and, in some way, the Foot Clan issue too. Well, ok, the Foot is coming back in last season, but with many changes, which weren't (as far as I remember) explained. And this last appearance of Karai in "wedding episode" of last season was truly weak - what had happened, that she abandoned her conflict with turtles(and their friends)? Well, I will never know, because this period in TMNT history is closed :tsad:

And the one thing, that in my opinion was far better in 1987' cartoon - the origin of Splinter. While I can fully understand the "rat-origin" in Mirage Comic (which was, in the original design, the parody), I wouldn't expect, that they will implement it in 2K3 series. It would be really better with Splinter as mutated Hamato Yoshi.

CyberCubed
11-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Well, first of all, something I don't like in Mirage comics too - all of these space aspects - Aliens, Utroms etc. For me, Turtles should struggle with criminals, mutants and of course Foot Clan, but not with all of these aliens, I never liked this stuff in TMNT.

Aliens have been such a huge part of EVERY TMNT incarnation that I don't see how it could bother you.

The vast majority of plots in TMNT have always been sci-fi in all 3 cartoons and the comics. When you stop to think about it the urban Foot or mobster crime stories only make up a small percentage of TMNT.

Bossa Nova
11-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Aliens have been such a huge part of EVERY TMNT incarnation that I don't see how it could bother you.

The vast majority of plots in TMNT have always been sci-fi in all 3 cartoons and the comics. When you stop to think about it the urban Foot or mobster crime stories only make up a small percentage of TMNT.

Well, in the films they didn't really play that large of a role, and I can kind of sympathize with MartiusR on that aspect. Growing up I watched primarily the first movie in which, aside from the Ooze, there really isn't a whole lot of sci-fi elements. The same could be said for the second and third films as well. There isn't any spaceships or aliens or robots. True, in the third movie the turtles do time travel, but it's more of a mythical and magical element than a science fiction one. Since I never watched the 80s toon in my childhood and pretty much only knew the turtles from these films, when I watched the 2k3 series I was pretty thrown off by how huge the sci-fi elements were and I admit it took me awhile to warm up to it. Nowadays there are certainly sci-fi aspects I really love, but honestly, if the turtles were primarily set in more "realistic' confrontations with human adversaries such as Shredder and the Purple Dragons, that's be pretty cool with me.

MartiusR
11-02-2013, 03:56 AM

First of all, Turtles have a lots of various enemies - from simple thugs to villains from another dimensions and galaxies. Its really rich universum, and well, it is hard to expect that every fan will like all of this, what was presented by the creators of comics or TV series or movies :tsmile:

I remember that the first issue of Mirage's comic have made on my incredibly good impression - even if it was, in intention of creators, the parody of archetypical schemes in comics. Well, soon it has started a long history with Utroms, Triceratons etc, which bored me quite quickly. Generally, I don't have a problem with good sci-fi, but for me, the turtles don't fit to this sort of thing. For me, they're "urban heroes"*, and thugs/mobsters/foot clan (even if it seems quite grotesque [for people who aren't the fans of TMNT] to have a ninja clan in modern NY :)) are the most adequate foes for them.

And by the way - as far as I remember, in 1st season of 2K3 series there wasn't too much aliens, and I really liked it :tsmile:

I think that quite important fact is, that I became turtle's fan in this year - yeah, I've seen three movies and the 1987 cartoon much earlier, but it is 2013, which made me more interested in TMNT. I think that if I would start it a couple of years ago (when I was younger and not so choosy and critical), I would have another attitude to many of TMNT Universe's aspects.

*I've read about year ago a quite interesting article about all "editions" of Batman - in comics, movies, tv series etc. The article showed such a big variety - first comics with Batman, Batman in future, Batman crossing the Judge Dredd's realm etc. The author mentioned also about fanworks, and in conclusion he wrote, that in some way every fan has (in some way) his "favourite batman", what shows the great potential in this character. And that's it - it's the same thing in TMNT series. We can discuss and argue even with minor issues, like the origin of Splinter - some of us just can't stand the "rat-origin" and think, that Splinter as mutated Hamato Yoshi is the best option. Other of us don't care, and think that it is good.

11-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Well, in the films they didn't really play that large of a role, and I can kind of sympathize with MartiusR on that aspect. Growing up I watched primarily the first movie in which, aside from the Ooze, there really isn't a whole lot of sci-fi elements. The same could be said for the second and third films as well. There isn't any spaceships or aliens or robots. True, in the third movie the turtles do time travel, but it's more of a mythical and magical element than a science fiction one. Since I never watched the 80s toon in my childhood and pretty much only knew the turtles from these films, when I watched the 2k3 series I was pretty thrown off by how huge the sci-fi elements were and I admit it took me awhile to warm up to it. Nowadays there are certainly sci-fi aspects I really love, but honestly, if the turtles were primarily set in more "realistic' confrontations with human adversaries such as Shredder and the Purple Dragons, that's be pretty cool with me.

I would love the original movies if they broguth in some Utroms, like first supposed to. That was suppose to be the "Secret of the Ooze", that it was supposed to be extraterrestrial. Who cares if the Utroms would be confused with Krang? Many probably thought Jordan Perry was like white Baxter Stockman.

Coola Yagami
11-02-2013, 09:41 AM
I would love the original movies if they broguth in some Utroms, like first supposed to. That was suppose to be the "Secret of the Ooze", that it was supposed to be extraterrestrial. Who cares if the Utroms would be confused with Krang? Many probably thought Jordan Perry was like white Baxter Stockman.

Kinda doubt it since he wasn't a bad guy in the movie.

CansecoBat
11-05-2013, 10:53 PM
if the turtles were primarily set in more "realistic' confrontations with human adversaries such as Shredder and the Purple Dragons, that's be pretty cool with me.

My sentiments exactly. And why for me personally, the 1990 film will always be my favorite. Perfect blend of Mirage, OT, and plausible reality ... sans all excess sci-fi material, and cheesiness. One of the best comic book movies ever, IMO. Still holds up remarkably well today too.

Jephael
11-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Looking back, I kinda felt that Donatello came off a little stuck up and had a bit of a superiority complex, though just not as noticeable as Baxter's.

MikeandRaph87
11-17-2013, 04:58 PM
In no specific order my only five complaints against the series...
Shredder was an utrom, a subconcious merge of Shredder and Krang. His claim to be "The One True Shredder!" is ridiculous when he is using the name to use the fear of an ancient demon and I view Shredder as a human as it is.

Rat King being Agent Bishop's imperfect clone wrapped in bnadages. It may have adapted Rat King's only alive appearance in Mirage but it was not Rat King becuase Rat King is a human.

Lack of character from previous versions being reintroduced. Instead we get generic mutants. I like mutants to be humanoid and have thier own character otherwise it just seems like a wasted character.

The portrayal of Micheleangelo boarding on him being retarded and get tendacies get him somewhat abused b his family especially by my other favoerite Raphael. This is the result of Peter Laird not wanting the humor spread out and falling all on Michelangelo's shoulders.

Not finishing The Shredder War. It could have been done in two episodes at the end of the season but perhaps it was the fact only 13 episdoes were made opposed to 26 and the sale of the intellectual property was not known at that time.

Example
11-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Utrom Shredder (sounds Swedish), the way they over-exaggerated the goofiness of the 80's turtles in Turtles Forever (such as making them deliberately go out in public without their disguises, something which - as far as I know - never happened in the original 80's cartoon), pretty much everything in Fast Forward except Sh'Okanabo and the Dark Turtles, the character designs in Back To The Sewers, and that's about it. The voice acting sometimes ranged from iffy to good, particularly with Casey and Hun.

Vicky82
11-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Mikey - He was annoying, lazy, cocky, lacked ninja skills, hardly used his nunchucks in fighting, always screaming.
(Mikey is my favourite character but not in 2k3, I love Mikey in the Nick show and I think he can defently beat 2k3 Mikey's ass)

Leo - Too many storylines were focused on him
The lack of injuries - Yes I know it was a kids show but it had terrible bruises designs
Leo gets stabbed by Karai - I was a bit confused on where his injury was
Filler episodes - Nano, Garbageman, Notes from the underground episodes
Casey - He was dumb
Season 5, 6 and 7
The turtles 1st lair got destroyed in episode 1 too quickly, it should of got destroyed during season 1 or 2.
The turtles 2nd lair gets destroyed in season 4 and they move again, I thought it was pointless. ( I did love Turtles Forver but I was annoyed that there 3rd lair got destroyed)

Breadcrab
11-28-2013, 01:49 AM
As much as I love the 2K3 series, there are a couple of things I dislike about it off the top of my head:

- The humor, when it was there, didn't always work and often felt forced. Obviously Mikey was the primary comic relief, but a lot of his puns and 'witicisms' just fell flat. This was something I could ignore, since it wasn't the primary appeal of the show for me, but it's still a bit disappointing considering the 1987 and 2012 series' nailed the comedy aspect.

- Ditto for some of the one-liners, specifically from Raph and Leo. The bad ones are quite rare, but they're eyebrow-raising when they do show up.

- I honestly didn't like Splinter all that much. He's a bit too serious and strict at times, when I feel he should take on a more lighthearted and optimistic nature, like Yoda in the original Star Wars trilogy. The 1987 and 2012 series' portrayed him perfectly, IMO.

- The episode that introduced Casey felt like a huge missed opportunity. Casey is blandly introduced as a vigilante. Then he and Raph fight until they kinda just stop fighting and team up. It seems rushed, and feels like it should have some weightier motives and character development behind it.

- The fact that they held off so long on an episode exploring and sympathizing Baxter Stockman's past, and then when they did do one they couldn't even air it! Come on! (at least the episode itself was great)

- General Blanque (the federation leader) is a complete cardboard cutout of a villain who exists for no other reason than to be evil and spout "get me that Fugitoid!" over and over again.

- I always found it odd that the TCRI/Search for Splinter arc was interrupted and put on hold so that the Turtles in Space arc could play out. Sure, the whole teleporter thing all makes sense in terms of logical plot progression, but it's still a bit odd from a pacing standpoint.

- While they're cloaked, The Foot Tech Ninjas have so many opportunities to stab the unsuspecting or confused turtles with their swords, but end up punching/kicking them instead. I know it's a kids' show, but at least give me a plausible reason for this! Like, for example, they can't even carry swords because it would interfere with the cloaking. IDK, Something!

- April feels a bit inconsistently written and vaguely defined. Is she headstrong or fragile? Reckless or careful? A techie/support role or someone who goes with the turtles out in the field? The answer seems to be all of the above. I guess you could blame this on the fact that so many writers were working on the show, plus April has always been a tricky character to pull off, but still.

Phew, I think that's all for now. If I think of anything else, I'll do another post. All things considered though, I still love the shell out of this show. :D

Coola Yagami
11-28-2013, 10:32 AM
As much as I love the 2K3 series, there are a couple of things I dislike about it off the top of my head:

- I always found it odd that the TCRI/Search for Splinter arc was interrupted and put on hold so that the Turtles in Space arc could play out. Sure, the whole teleporter thing all makes sense in terms of logical plot progression, but it's still a bit odd from a pacing standpoint.

:D

I rarely defend this show, but I'll say this before Cyber or anyone else that's rude says it.

That particular story arc played out just like that in the comics, so in this case it kinda gets a free pass since it was just adapting the story. It is a bit odd to put the TCRI story on hold while the Turtles fight Triceratons in space... but eh, Mirage comics. It was still during the early Eastman and Laird still working together and just having fun era.=D

CyberCubed
11-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I rarely defend this show,

Just curious, but why is that?

Coola Yagami
11-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Just curious, but why is that?

Most of the complaints I heard about it have been valid. I still like the show just not as much as the other 2. If anyone gets a point wrong on account of not knowing the backstory of it I'll speak up.

Breadcrab
11-28-2013, 07:09 PM
I rarely defend this show, but I'll say this before Cyber or anyone else that's rude says it.

That particular story arc played out just like that in the comics, so in this case it kinda gets a free pass since it was just adapting the story. It is a bit odd to put the TCRI story on hold while the Turtles fight Triceratons in space... but eh, Mirage comics. It was still during the early Eastman and Laird still working together and just having fun era.=D

Whoops! I apologize. I still haven't read the comics (something I should probably fix soon), so I had no idea that was the case.

Even so, it's really just a nitpick/mild oddity. :D

The Sewer Lord
11-29-2013, 07:14 AM
- While they're cloaked, The Foot Tech Ninjas have so many opportunities to stab the unsuspecting or confused turtles with their swords, but end up punching/kicking them instead. I know it's a kids' show, but at least give me a plausible reason for this! Like, for example, they can't even carry swords because it would interfere with the cloaking. IDK, Something!

Actually, there is an explanation - Ch'rell didn't want them dead! In their debut episode, he just wanted the Foot Tech Ninjas to capture Raph to interrogate him to see if the turtles work for the Utroms. And then in "Shredder Strikes Back Pt. 1", he wanted to send a message to the turtles through Leo - which is, of course, that he has returned. Another thing he wanted to make clear is that he could have killed Leo, but he didn't! He wanted to prove to the turtles that they can live only if he allows it. Later episodes didn't feature the Foot Tech that much, so I you can't complain much about that. :P

The Sewer Lord
11-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Most of the complaints I heard about it have been valid. I still like the show just not as much as the other 2. If anyone gets a point wrong on account of not knowing the backstory of it I'll speak up.

I would like to hear the stories. I just wanna know what made you change your mind about it. You used to defend it more often before. I don't know what made you go on a "bash-2k3-rampage". ;)

ObiWanFan4life
11-29-2013, 07:19 AM
I personally don't like how much of an idiot Karai became as The Shredder. For example, In her debut episose as The Shredder after driving the turtles out of their home, and instead of searching for their bodies in the wreckage, she just ASSUMES that she killed them.

DarkLightDragon
11-29-2013, 07:58 AM
That, and I still find her whole 'revenge' sthick really forced. Yeah, I'll applaud her for actually doing something ballsy such as finding and destroying the lair (even though it required some outside help from the Mystics) but she was just a s****y replacement as Shredder and her motive really lacks anything if we remember her last moments with Ch'rell. Did she totally forget that he had no qualms with killing her during Exodus for dare trying to refrain him from killing the Turtles when they were already down and broken? Why would you want to avenge someone like that? And don't give me the old, "He was my father" excuse. If he was really a father to you in any sense, he never would have tried to kill you. You may have respected him, but he clearly didn't requite that same amount of respect for you.

It's all just one big plot convenience just to get her wearing his mantle to have her forget or ever address again.

Really made glad to have Leo come back and rightfully kick her ass in the following episode.

EDIT: Oh wait. Already had this listed in my last post in this thread. Guess I just decided to elaborate more on it without knowing it was listed.

Coola Yagami
11-29-2013, 11:10 PM
I would like to hear the stories. I just wanna know what made you change your mind about it. You used to defend it more often before. I don't know what made you go on a "bash-2k3-rampage". ;)

Not much to tell. I loved the show at first since it brought the Turtles back in an era that allowed them not to pull their punches and actually fight instead of throwing pizzas around and it was adapting Mirage stories and featuring characters we never saw before in animated form like Savanti, Renet, Nobody, the Elite Foot, etc.

I didn't like the needless changes to the story, the lame-ass adaptation to City at War, keeping Karai evil after Shredder was gone, cause um... evil, Raph and Mikey's characterization, and then of course, the whole Demon Shredder, Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers.

I kinda liked Back to the Sewers since it was back in present day and brought back the familiar faces like Hun, Baxter and so forth, but it sickened me how the writers ran out of ideas and felt the series needed some sort of extra gimmick to continue another season. The idiots almost wanted to turn the series into a card game.

I still like the show, and characters like Bishop and Baxter, but I just like the new show a lot more, and well, I'll always love the original OT. So it's third place, the middle child, or whatever you wanna call it, but I like the other two shows more.

Vivi
11-30-2013, 04:35 AM
Out of curiosity, is there a thread like this in the other shows? Cause it's a bit crappy to rain down on this one only. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it's my favorite one.

The Sewer Lord
11-30-2013, 04:45 AM
Not much to tell. I loved the show at first since it brought the Turtles back in an era that allowed them not to pull their punches and actually fight instead of throwing pizzas around and it was adapting Mirage stories and featuring characters we never saw before in animated form like Savanti, Renet, Nobody, the Elite Foot, etc.

I didn't like the needless changes to the story, the lame-ass adaptation to City at War, keeping Karai evil after Shredder was gone, cause um... evil, Raph and Mikey's characterization, and then of course, the whole Demon Shredder, Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers.

I kinda liked Back to the Sewers since it was back in present day and brought back the familiar faces like Hun, Baxter and so forth, but it sickened me how the writers ran out of ideas and felt the series needed some sort of extra gimmick to continue another season. The idiots almost wanted to turn the series into a card game.

I still like the show, and characters like Bishop and Baxter, but I just like the new show a lot more, and well, I'll always love the original OT. So it's third place, the middle child, or whatever you wanna call it, but I like the other two shows more.

I see. That's pretty much what most people rant about the 2k3. :lol:

Out of curiosity, is there a thread like this in the other shows? Cause it's a bit crappy to rain down on this one only. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it's my favorite one.

Well, there have been a lot of Nick bashers on the Nick forums recently. It's mostly shown on podcast and the "Why long-time fans have mixed reactions to the Nick show" thread. I haven't seen much OT rants on the forums.

Refractive Reflections
11-30-2013, 05:53 AM

I'm sure it comes in waves. :lol:
But I think a lot of the 4Kids vs. Nick comparisons is because, at least to me, they have a much stronger association to continuity while the OT was mostly episodic due to its syndicated nature for cartoons at that time. Thus dramatically changing the storytelling, its approach, the growth of the characters, and the complexity of the subplots for a series. ...And not solely because these two are the most recent TMNT shows.

Due to these two shows having this important similarity, their storytelling can be more fairly compared to, making it much easier to compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses in both shows that maybe some of us didn't notice before, or we just didn't have another show to properly compare 4Kids to before the Nick series showed up.

CyberCubed
11-30-2013, 09:48 AM
It's because the original cartoon wasn't mean to be taken seriously, so when it has plotholes or nonsensical endings...it doesn't really matter.

Like the bizarre episode where Splinter used moth balls to turn the Turtles from floating balloons back to normal....with no explanation of how that worked at all.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2013, 10:22 AM
It's because the original cartoon wasn't mean to be taken seriously, so when it has plotholes or nonsensical endings...it doesn't really matter.

Like the bizarre episode where Splinter used moth balls to turn the Turtles from floating balloons back to normal....with no explanation of how that worked at all.

I guess you forgot how there were tons of OT-bashing threads when the 2K3 hits its stride. Hell, one of the main rules Shredder and Krang enforced was to NOT start threads and topics just to bash the OT or say 'how much better the 2K3 is than the OT'.

CyberCubed
11-30-2013, 10:45 AM
I guess you forgot how there were tons of OT-bashing threads when the 2K3 hits its stride. Hell, one of the main rules Shredder and Krang enforced was to NOT start threads and topics just to bash the OT or say 'how much better the 2K3 is than the OT'.

But that's because back then we were getting a more action-driven and plot driven cartoon for the first time. Also we were all teens when the 2k3 series was airing, so at the time we probably all felt we needed a show to, "grow up" along with us. Now that we're all in our 20's we don't need to be "macho men" and can enjoy things as they are. Our former teen selves needed to grow up.

The reason the OT still stands out is because it has its niche of being a fun, light-hearted comedy series with a lot of zany storylines.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2013, 11:40 AM
But that's because back then we were getting a more action-driven and plot driven cartoon for the first time. Also we were all teens when the 2k3 series was airing, so at the time we probably all felt we needed a show to, "grow up" along with us. Now that we're all in our 20's we don't need to be "macho men" and can enjoy things as they are. Our former teen selves needed to grow up.

The reason the OT still stands out is because it has its niche of being a fun, light-hearted comedy series with a lot of zany storylines.

Oh you and your over-explaining things. Dude, they asked 'why aren't there any OT bashing threads' and I answered that yeah, there were tons of em back in the day. No need for anything more to be said.

Dude, you're like an insane TMNT spokesman. If a random guy in the store says 'wow, those ninja turtles were really lame back then' you'd jump all over their **** and give a 3 hour rant on why that's not true. Trust me, the Turtles don't need you as an agent.

CyberCubed
11-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Oh you and your over-explaining things. Dude, they asked 'why aren't there any OT bashing threads' and I answered that yeah, there were tons of em back in the day. No need for anything more to be said.

Dude, you're like an insane TMNT spokesman. If a random guy in the store says 'wow, those ninja turtles were really lame back then' you'd jump all over their **** and give a 3 hour rant on why that's not true. Trust me, the Turtles don't need you as an agent.

That's the fandom though. You have to remember the 2k3 series started back in 2003. Those of us who were watching it back then were 10 years younger than we are now, I was only in my mid-teens back then.

As a teenager I wanted to move away from kiddie stuff and to more action/violence/the usual that every teen gravitates toward.

Now that we are all 20 something year old adults, we don't feel the lust for violence and anger as when we were teenagers, so we accept fun light-hearted stuff again.

That's why the Nick show is received so well, because it came so "late" into our fandom that we're all old enough to appreciate it. If the 4kids series and Nick were reversed it might be different.

Vivi
11-30-2013, 12:01 PM
I like both series, but I feel like dissatisfaction is more censored on the Nick threads. And banned on the OT.

CyberCubed
11-30-2013, 12:09 PM
I like both series, but I feel like dissatisfaction is more censored on the Nick threads. And banned on the OT.

Nick is current and OT is retro. Those are the breaks.

After the Nick show ends you'll see people criticize it and recognize its flaws more. Already a big one is the sheer mass of generic mutant characters.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2013, 12:43 PM
That's the fandom though. You have to remember the 2k3 series started back in 2003. Those of us who were watching it back then were 10 years younger than we are now, I was only in my mid-teens back then.

As a teenager I wanted to move away from kiddie stuff and to more action/violence/the usual that every teen gravitates toward.

Now that we are all 20 something year old adults, we don't feel the lust for violence and anger as when we were teenagers, so we accept fun light-hearted stuff again.

That's why the Nick show is received so well, because it came so "late" into our fandom that we're all old enough to appreciate it. If the 4kids series and Nick were reversed it might be different.

Again, this post was a waste of time. There's no need to explain it or defend it. It is what is it. There were OT hate threads, just like there's 2K3 and Nick ones. That's all the dude wanted to know. You didn't need to write a book.

CyberCubed
11-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Again, this post was a waste of time. There's no need to explain it or defend it. It is what is it. There were OT hate threads, just like there's 2K3 and Nick ones. That's all the dude wanted to know. You didn't need to write a book.

Because when something new comes out, people logically gravitate to new things. Then after the hype dies down and they get nostalgic for the old stuff, the concept reverses.

Not just for TMNT, but for virtually anything out there in the entertainment medium.

People crapped all over the 1989 Batman movie when the Nolan films first came out too. And now people realized they were being idiots and the 1989 Batman film is still good.

Example
11-30-2013, 07:53 PM

I was wondering that myself. Maybe we'll see a few of the Nick TMNT once it's finished its run.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Because when something new comes out, people logically gravitate to new things. Then after the hype dies down and they get nostalgic for the old stuff, the concept reverses.

Not just for TMNT, but for virtually anything out there in the entertainment medium.

People crapped all over the 1989 Batman movie when the Nolan films first came out too. And now people realized they were being idiots and the 1989 Batman film is still good.

Dude, for the love of everything... he wasn't asking why. He was just saying if those threads existed. Stop making excuse after excuse for someone not liking YOUR show or having a different opinion other than YOURS. You do realize there are people out there that even after the 2K3 show ended still hated the OT right? Or now that the Nolan Trilogy ended, some still hate the Keaton movies, right?

CyberCubed
11-30-2013, 09:06 PM
But I wasn't talking about those people.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2013, 11:12 PM
But I wasn't talking about those people.

They weren't talking to you either. They just simply asked if OT hate threads existed. The answer is yes. Nothing more was needed to be said.

Cipher
12-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Its particular version of Michelangelo.

The need to end episodes on limp jokes.

Actually, nearly any time the series tries to inject humor.

Holy god the Ancient One.

Nearly the entirety of the fifth and seventh seasons.

Otherwise, though, this show still holds up very, very well.

Powder
12-01-2013, 12:12 AM
They weren't talking to you either. They just simply asked if OT hate threads existed. The answer is yes. Nothing more was needed to be said.

You're hardcore obsessed with Cubed these days, what's the deal? It's creepy at this point. It honestly looks like you leap at any opportunity to reply to a post of his to try and drag him down. Just put him on ignore for God's sake.

Coola Yagami
12-01-2013, 12:58 AM
You're hardcore obsessed with Cubed these days, what's the deal? It's creepy at this point. It honestly looks like you leap at any opportunity to reply to a post of his to try and drag him down. Just put him on ignore for God's sake.

Eh, I got nothing against the guy personally. When we agree we agree, when we don't, we don't. I guess we disagree more often nowadays. I guess it kinda irks me when he crams his thoughts into everybody's throats as if they were law, straight from Eastman and Laird themselves. He always has to randomly butt in the moment someone says anything remotely negative about the turtles, as if hf was their official spokesman.

It's like
'you know, last night's episode was kinda sucky'
'yeah, it coulda been kinda better'
'WELL ACTUALLY GUYS, IT'S CAUSE YOU'RE NOT SUPER HARDCORE FANS AND ARE BIASED AGAINST ANYTHING NOT RELATED TO THE 80'S TMNT, YOU FAIL TO SEE IT WAS THE BEST EPISODE EVER MADE.'

etc etc.

In this particular case someone asked if there were ever OT hate threads like now we have 2K3 hate threads. I stated there were. He felt the need to jump in and make a bunch of excuses why anyone would dare make an OT hate thread.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Holy god the Ancient One.

Yeah, The ancient one was awful.

Tazi
12-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Ah yeap, he was a full-on ripoff of Yoda, including farting and Luke (aka Leonardo) fighting with imaginary villians. And he way annoying, I was also not the fan of retconning Yoshi's origin story.

Vivi
12-01-2013, 10:52 AM
^ You guys are whack! :P I loved the ancient one. The fact he was so different to Leonardo and his expectations made it great fun to watch.

Lisardo
01-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Didn't like pretty much all the same things people have already said (Mikey's annoyingness, bodybuilder turtles, Casey's dumb-downness, "The Leonardo Show", and Utrom-Shredder). I also wasn't a huge fan of the April/Casey relationship for some reason, even tho it semi-grew on me. Seemed too forced to me. The colors and backgrounds seemed too neon, or bright, or something. All I can think of right now.

k_lala
01-29-2014, 08:17 PM
I dislike no blu ray release of this.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-29-2014, 10:03 PM
I would be happy just to see a DVD release of the entire series....

snake
01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
I would be happy just to see a DVD release of the entire series....

Ha....not happening.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-29-2014, 10:59 PM
Why is that, exactly? I've seen all sorts of reasons (read- speculation) on here, but has there been a definitive answer?

TheSkeletonMan939
01-30-2014, 06:09 AM
Why is that, exactly? I've seen all sorts of reasons (read- speculation) on here, but has there been a definitive answer?

Not from Nickelodeon, no.

But just think about it: would Nickelodeon want to release a second TMNT series in addition to their own on DVD? Wouldn't it be embarrassing if, perhaps, those DVDs sold better than the DVDs of their own series? Or even worse, what if they were to spend all that money printing the DVDs, only to find no one would buy them? It's not a risk worth taking.

CyberCubed
01-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Not from Nickelodeon, no.

But just think about it: would Nickelodeon want to release a second TMNT series in addition to their own on DVD? Wouldn't it be embarrassing if, perhaps, those DVDs sold better than the DVDs of their own series? Or even worse, what if they were to spend all that money printing the DVDs, only to find no one would buy them? It's not a risk worth taking.

They paid 10 million for the series. They'll resell it eventually.

tmntpower1988
01-31-2014, 03:54 PM
I wish Slashuur was in the 2k3 episodes was disappointed that he was only in the Battle Nexus game.

I wouldn't mind it if they released the 2k3 series on DVD again. A few of my DVDs have scratches on them, not too many scratches though. The DVDs still play perfect. It's just my OCD does my head in obsessing about the scratches thinking what if they get worse and ruin the DVDs lol Should the DVDs be ok if I take good care of them? I have them put away safely in a storage box, I bought pirate copies off iOffer as I don't want the real copies to get anymore scratches.

DarkLightDragon
01-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Another dislike of this series was for me, despite pretty much liking everything else, was the handling of Mikey.

Now, I'm probably one of the few people who didn't mind his arrogance that much. Maybe it's because I've already been exposed to and like characters with self-confidence (Sonic the Hedgehog, Bass from the Mega Man series). So with Mikey, it's not new or irritating territory for me.

However, I find more problem with how the writers didn't try to keep his development consistent. Whenever he does get a episode showing he's more than the comic relief, it never stays around in the long-run. I will forever maintain Grudge Match was a spectacular episode for me since it showed me how competent Mikley can be when he focuses during the latter half of his fight with Kluh, especially when he hears his family threatened and his sense of honor with the "My father taught me better than that" line.

Too bad nothing was really gained from that point onwards, especially come >>, and even then I wasn't really too bothered. Maybe I'm just too hard to annoy.

It seems to me they really thought that 'developed= less funny' and he needed to be the fun, kid-friendly 'face' of the Turtles for the kids and that kind of logic is rather unfortunate, but alas, I guess it could've been worse.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
01-31-2014, 10:28 PM
They paid 10 million for the series. They'll resell it eventually.

Or they bought it just so that no one else could sell/release them.

$10 million isn't much to them, especially when they made, what, hundreds of millions of dollars from the merchandise/toys and such from the 2k12 show?

If another company had the 2003 series and were releasing them on DVD, then not only could there have been a little bit of competition (plus confusion with kids), but could have drawn some attention away from Nick's DVD releases (aka the 2k12 series). Which Nick would not have wanted. To be known to the kids/parents as the 'only Turtles show on the block' leads to kids concentrating only on that specific version (aka the 2k12 show).

Which leads to kids buying the toys, merchandise, and so on. So as long as the new show is running (which by the sound of it, will be a long while), you're not seeing the 2003 show on DVD anytime soon.

And then by that time, who knows even if DVD's will still be around (which I would still enjoy physical product than a 'buy to stream the 2k3 show' way).

And they didn't have to worry about competition/attention being drawn away because of the original cartoon series since, by that time, Lions Gate were pretty much done with releasing them onto DVD (which they did a piss poor job with).

As for other posts in this forum...someone said there was a "Hate Thread on the New Show." I've never noticed an actual Hate thread on the new show.

Almost every person I've seen on this forum likes the Nick show as of now (maybe when it first came onto the scene, but I'm talking about as of right now), it's even slowly grown on me (although the 2003 one is definitely my favorite).

Bossa Nova
01-31-2014, 10:34 PM
If another company had the 2003 series and were releasing them on DVD, then not only could there have been a little bit of competition (plus confusion with kids), but could have drawn some attention away from Nick's DVD releases (aka the 2k12 series). Which Nick would not have wanted. To be known to the kids/parents as the 'only Turtles show on the block' leads to kids concentrating only on that specific version (aka the 2k12 show).

I don't understand this logic. They're still releasing the OT seasons right now. I haven't seen a whole lot of confusion with them and the current show. The OT turtles looks just as similar to the Nick turtles as the 2k3 turtles do....which is not at all.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-31-2014, 10:45 PM
Exactly. I bought several seasons of the OT at Wal-Mart recently, as well as the DVD's of the Nick series' first season. Both appear to sell equally well in my area, so why NOT add the 2K3 series? The OT release is for older fans who still remember it- it's the nostalgia factor. The new one is what kids will want to buy. 2K3 sits somewhere in the middle for fans who were not around for the OT, but who are old enough to remember the second series.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
02-01-2014, 03:41 AM
Then please, feel free to explain your opinion as to why the OT and 2k12 get released on DVD but not the 2003 show...especially with the success of the new show as well as an upcoming $100 million blockbuster coming out in August. Because I too would love to know the logic as well as answer to it. I never said I was right or anything, I was just making guesses as well as conversation.

I didn't mention the OT releases in my last post because I thought Lions Gate was dealing with the OT releases and not Nick. I say that since they released the Season 3 set last year. Does Lions Gate have a co-deal with Nick to do that? Or does Lions Gate 100% own the OT DVD rights?

Bossa Nova
02-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Then please, feel free to explain your opinion as to why the OT and 2k12 get released on DVD but not the 2003 show...especially with the success of the new show as well as an upcoming $100 million blockbuster coming out in August. Because I too would love to know the logic as well as answer to it. I never said I was right or anything, I was just making guesses as well as conversation.

I didn't mention the OT releases in my last post because I thought Lions Gate was dealing with the OT releases and not Nick. I say that since they released the Season 3 set last year. Does Lions Gate have a co-deal with Nick to do that? Or does Lions Gate 100% own the OT DVD rights?

I have no idea, and I never claimed to have any idea why Nickelodeon hasn't released the 2k3 series. I'm just stating how it makes little sense to me that I often see others argue that it's probably partly due to the fact that Nick doesn't want their turtles mixed up with the 2k3 turtles, which, as I stated, makes really no sense to me. Even my own mother, who literally knows nothing about the turtles except their names, was able to purchase me the correct 2k3 season I wanted for Christmas last year, and didn't confuse it with the current show.

CowabungaMikey
02-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Michelangelo and partly Donatello. I had the feeling this show was totally focussed on Leo and Raphael.

Technogeek29
02-01-2014, 05:03 AM
Michelangelo and partly Donatello. I had the feeling this show was totally focussed on Leo and Raphael.

I'd say Mikey and Leo we're the main focus Turtles. But Don & Raph have the more memorable episodes.

TheBlueTurtle1
02-01-2014, 05:25 AM
They really pushed Leo as a Hero.

DarkLightDragon
02-01-2014, 07:05 AM
I'm guessing they did that as a means to make Leo less of the 'boring' one.

While it did work, yeah, it did seem like they didn't know how develop the other Turtles aside from giving them each their own memorable episodes. I already mentioned Mikey, but when it came to Raph I think, they're problem was trying to have him mirror his Mirage incarnation while still managing to make his outbursts and temper kid-friendly.

Got nothing on Donnie right now, so either I'll come back with something else or someone could fill in better than I could.

blindturtle02
02-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Exactly. I bought several seasons of the OT at Wal-Mart recently, as well as the DVD's of the Nick series' first season. Both appear to sell equally well in my area, so why NOT add the 2K3 series? The OT release is for older fans who still remember it- it's the nostalgia factor. The new one is what kids will want to buy. 2K3 sits somewhere in the middle for fans who were not around for the OT, but who are old enough to remember the second series.

It would probably do well. Kids today love Turtles and I don't think the era matters to them. After I taught my English lesson incorporating cause and effect with the 2012 turtles, I had several kids come up and begin ranting about the 2k3 show. A bunch of boys had this bday party where an older sibling let them watch episodes of s4 from the 2k3 series, according to their description. They were ranting about,"Don mutating a second time like Rahzar and going after April and her boyfriend!," I think they'd gotten to the Tribunal arc because they all started talking at once about the turtles turning into dragons etc. These were 4th graders and they said they enjoyed both old and new series when I asked which they liked better. In their words,"They're both great because it's Turtles!" Doubt Nick will ever pick up on that though. It does make sense that they'd want to promote their show at present, but we may see it hit shelves and digital download/streaming services eventually. Of course these kids don't represent everyone, but I did think about 2k3 on DVD right then and there.

FoxBoxKid
02-01-2014, 03:49 PM
This is probably my favorite incarnation of TMNT besides the IDW comic. This show introduced me to TMNT, and I can still enjoy it today, except for Fast Forward and Back to the Sewer. If they end up releasing a complete series box set (fingers crossed), I hope it's just seasons 1-5. And maybe an uncut version of Turtles Forever?

Warhorse
02-16-2014, 10:11 PM
No pupils is my biggest beef with the show. Next, while Leo is my second favorite character, he was still way overpowered and was the center of too many storylines.

shuriken
02-17-2014, 12:44 AM
"None of you will leave here...ALIVE"
It was cool the first time Shredder said it. But after the third time you just roll your eyes and say sure Shredder whatever you say.

Casey's progression from Vigilante badass to bumbling idiot sidekick.

April's progression from cool techy chick to ninja master over 2 seasons.

Rat King only get's one episode and Garbage man gets 2. The Justice force, all of them but Nobody.

SHREDDER KEEPS COMING BACK.

Raph constantly abusing Mikey and Mikey sometimes being a loud mouthed douche bag.

Karai and her daddy issues. I think that's it. I liked a lot more of it that I hated so it's cool.

Shred87
02-17-2014, 02:25 PM
didn't really care for seasons 5-7

nimajneb
02-17-2014, 03:31 PM
The 2k3 series is my favourite of the turtles series - I actually really struggle with the wolf cartoons now.
I never had any problems with 2k3 but when it went into the future and back to the sewers it lost me, and I got fed up of the little wail sfx whenever shredder appeared.
But now you've been listing all these issues the glass is shattered :)

k_lala
02-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Mikey had plenty of air time, he was the hero and savor in the Notes from the Underground he had plenty of spot lights in all the Super hero team ups with Turtle Titan, the Battle Nexus champion etc. He also kicked Raph's butt so many times in the show.

He was funny, he was an amazing fighter, and he showed us undisciplined and lazy he could be too. So to me he was near perfect.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-20-2014, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=shuriken;1213840April's progression from cool techy chick to ninja master over 2 seasons.[/QUOTE]

Where did it ever say she was a Master? she was still in training, and obviously so. She only really became good toward he end of the Tengu Shredder arc.

shuriken
02-22-2014, 09:36 AM
^^ It never said it. But when she was jumping through Laser obstacles when she, Casey and Splinter rescued the TMNT from Bishop she might as well have been.
I never meant ninja master (not even the tmnt are ninja masters) just very adept to the point of being kind of ridiculous.

Bossa Nova
02-22-2014, 11:22 AM
^^ It never said it. But when she was jumping through Laser obstacles when she, Casey and Splinter rescued the TMNT from Bishop she might as well have been.
I never meant ninja master (not even the tmnt are ninja masters) just very adept to the point of being kind of ridiculous.

Not really, you know you can get a black belt in 3-4 years, right? By Agent Bishop she's been with the turtles for a pretty good amount of time. It's not like she picked up some totally obscure weapon and in a matter of weeks was able to kick the ass of some other true ninja who has been training ALL her life. That would just be stupid.

...wait.

JH24
02-23-2014, 06:53 AM
One thing that bothered me slightly about 2k3 April that she seemed a little too perfect. Being a scientist and very intelligent? No problem. But also being very good at martial arts seemed a little too much.

It wouldn't have bothered me as much if they didn't make Casey fail so much in comparison with April. April easily got the best of Casey at times, sure the guy is not the smartest on the block but sometimes his character got "humiliated" pretty badly, and not only regarding April.

On a positive note, I did like how Casey got a better treatment as the series progressed. Not only did the turtles seem to respect him more (Leo seemed especially more protective about Casey later on and Raph seemed to grow closer to Casey over time) I also liked how he got time to shine in for example dragon brew/dragons rising.

And although BttS was far from perfect, Casey finally being able to do martial arts and being more of an equal was a great development, without taking away from the other characters.

EDIT: Other (small) dislike would be too much focus on Leo. A lot of things seemed to revolve around him, it took at times the spotlight away from his brothers. Having said that I love 2k3 Leo's character, especially because with him being the leader, he often seemed to put his "real" personality in second place. I can't help but wonder if Leo hadn't been a leader he could have been a more loose, fun-loving and different character in a way. Maybe a Mikey "light" or a combination of Mikey and Don.

turtlefanforever
02-23-2014, 05:09 PM
There were so many episodes written out that didn't get made. And I'm upset they cut that trash episode that had hun's Siamese twin for lack of a better term because it was too racey. This series was always on the edge and pushed the buttons and I loved it! I'm upset that FAst Forward didn't get a second season. Really wanted that space utrom
Episode. And the lack of dvd's made and proper releases.

rickwj324
02-23-2014, 05:17 PM
And the lack of dvd's made and proper releases.

I second that!!!!! I missed the entire run when it aired and only saw a few episodes on dvd. I remember when my local FIVE BELOW store had tons of the various volumes for $5 each but I didn't buy them thinking they would get released in season sets.....then NOTHING. No dvd's to be found. I WANT TO SEE THIS SHOW!! Please release these soon.... :tcry:

Rick

FoxBoxKid
02-23-2014, 05:55 PM
There were so many episodes written out that didn't get made. And I'm upset they cut that trash episode that had hun's Siamese twin for lack of a better term because it was too racey.

The better term is conjoined twin...

turtlefanforever
02-23-2014, 06:18 PM
I second that!!!!! I missed the entire run when it aired and only saw a few episodes on dvd. I remember when my local FIVE BELOW store had tons of the various volumes for $5 each but I didn't buy them thinking they would get released in season sets.....then NOTHING. No dvd's to be found. I WANT TO SEE THIS SHOW!! Please release these soon.... :tcry:

Rick
If you wanna see the whole series,
Go to tmntuploader on YouTube not xxtmntuploader or any variation like that. He has great quality stuff, full episodes, good quality and episodes that are 3 patters he makes into "movies" so dot have to watch all individually which is very convenient!

rickwj324
02-25-2014, 11:50 AM
If you wanna see the whole series,
Go to tmntuploader on YouTube not xxtmntuploader or any variation like that. He has great quality stuff, full episodes, good quality and episodes that are 3 patters he makes into "movies" so dot have to watch all individually which is very convenient!

Thanks for the tip! I rarely watch movies/shows on the pc and doubt I would watch entire seasons of a ripped show on the 'net...but it's good to know they are out there!! I might have to give it a shot. I really want these on dvd in a bad way!!

kolaida
03-14-2014, 08:22 PM
I didn't care much for the bulky design, either.

Also, didn't like Casey much, he just seemed so dumb.

Would have liked to have seen more of the Dark Turtles.

I guess that's it. Oh, yeah, and the whole Shredder thing was weird, but whatever. Overall, I was okay with it.

Oh, and the eyes, I hated that they were just nearly always whited out, it gave me the creeps (I like how Nick alternates them).

Klunk1234
03-14-2014, 10:33 PM

I totally agree with that. It was terrible. They should keep the first animation of the show( seasons 1-5) the only thing I like about the Back to the sewers design is the turtles having green eyes.

Also I didn't like that Cody Jones or that annoying robot Serling , the fact that Stockman didn't die and that Cyber Shredder.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Not really, you know you can get a black belt in 3-4 years, right? By Agent Bishop she's been with the turtles for a pretty good amount of time. It's not like she picked up some totally obscure weapon and in a matter of weeks was able to kick the ass of some other true ninja who has been training ALL her life. That would just be stupid.

...wait.

And it's not like she was training with ALL the weapons like they did. She pretty much seemed to stick to the swords like Leo- who was probably her main teacher besides Splinter. I see it as she got the "lite" version of the training, or maybe more of the gymnastic and basic combat training, without all the other aspects. In other words, she was training more on a purely physical aspect, whereas they had taken the time to study the full range of skills- stealth, archery, various combat types, climbing, meditation, blind-fighting, etc. She also seems to have focused more on kunoichi-type skills and those that relied less on strength than the turtles did.

One thing that bothered me slightly about 2k3 April that she seemed a little too perfect. Being a scientist and very intelligent? No problem. But also being very good at martial arts seemed a little too much.

Why? A person can't be good at both? She is the poster-girl for the old proverb "a sound mind in a sound body". Or, to put it another way, she was using both mind and body to their full potential. Nothing wrong with that. I think it says something about her character that she wanted to learn in the first place. She was improving herself physically, to be more of a help to them. It was a natural progression, not a ridiculous super-power or special ability that any other reasonably fit person couldn't also achieve.

Ashwolf
03-15-2014, 12:51 AM
I didn't care much for the bulky design, either.

Also, didn't like Casey much, he just seemed so dumb.

I guess that's it. Oh, yeah, and the whole Shredder thing was weird, but whatever. Overall, I was okay with it.

Oh, and the eyes, I hated that they were just nearly always whited out, it gave me the creeps (I like how Nick alternates them).

gotta disagree w/ those things
1st off, I think casey was HILARIOUS in it

2ndly, the big muscles were cool along w/ the solid white eyes and gave a bit of a elitist feel

as far as shredder was during it, totally interesting twist and wish they had more involving his utrom and demon forms, his cyber form was mehhh........

also, I think of the tribunal season as the 2nd best season of the show, it was totally sweet how the inner power thing was added

1 of the few things I don't like is how the show ended, yeah the wedding ep was a gd touch but didn't have a single bit of closure and there were so many loose ends

kolaida
03-15-2014, 04:04 PM
gotta disagree w/ those things
1st off, I think casey was HILARIOUS in it

2ndly, the big muscles were cool along w/ the solid white eyes and gave a bit of a elitist feel

as far as shredder was during it, totally interesting twist and wish they had more involving his utrom and demon forms, his cyber form was mehhh........

also, I think of the tribunal season as the 2nd best season of the show, it was totally sweet how the inner power thing was added

1 of the few things I don't like is how the show ended, yeah the wedding ep was a gd touch but didn't have a single bit of closure and there were so many loose ends

I didn't get elitist at all from their eyes being whited out; I absolutely hated that design feature.

I just didn't like the big muscles, but I can understand how others would like it (not like it caused me to not watch the show at all).

Overall, I did like the show. This thread is for the stuff you didn't like in it.

MrTMNT2012
03-16-2014, 06:50 PM
The dialogue. Just, the dialogue!

CyberCubed
03-16-2014, 08:08 PM
The dialogue. Just, the dialogue!

What? Most of the dialogue was pretty well done in the show. I think you mean the jokes or banter.

Warhorse
03-16-2014, 08:25 PM

It wouldn't have bothered me as much if they didn't make Casey fail so much in comparison with April. April easily got the best of Casey at times, sure the guy is not the smartest on the block but sometimes his character got "humiliated" pretty badly, and not only regarding April.

On a positive note, I did like how Casey got a better treatment as the series progressed. Not only did the turtles seem to respect him more (Leo seemed especially more protective about Casey later on and Raph seemed to grow closer to Casey over time) I also liked how he got time to shine in for example dragon brew/dragons rising.

And although BttS was far from perfect, Casey finally being able to do martial arts and being more of an equal was a great development, without taking away from the other characters.

EDIT: Other (small) dislike would be too much focus on Leo. A lot of things seemed to revolve around him, it took at times the spotlight away from his brothers. Having said that I love 2k3 Leo's character, especially because with him being the leader, he often seemed to put his "real" personality in second place. I can't help but wonder if Leo hadn't been a leader he could have been a more loose, fun-loving and different character in a way. Maybe a Mikey "light" or a combination of Mikey and Don.

He had his moments. I still crack up when he mimic's Mikey's voice and says "Air Mail"

Redeemer
03-17-2014, 11:46 AM

I have to agree they make Casey appear to have a mental deficiency at times.
I understand he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but damn if they did not make him look like a complete incompetent idiot.

TheSkeletonMan939
03-17-2014, 02:26 PM
I have to agree they make Casey appear to have a mental deficiency at times.
I understand he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but damn if they did not make him look like a complete incompetent idiot.

This always comes to mind:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/TheSkeletonMan939/TMNT/outsmall.png

(That's Casey's hiding place in The Golden Puck).

Donatello19
03-17-2014, 04:04 PM
*The animation style
*The voices for Raph and Mikey
*April never felt important, she always felt like she was there just to be there
*Casey being an idiot
*The humor
*Fast Forward and Back to the Sewer
*Mostly boring, mindless mutants
*Overall, I think it tried to take itself too seriously at times

Whatswiththeheadbands?
03-18-2014, 02:49 PM
The part where Jammerhead placed some weird disk on Donatello in 'Enter the Jammerhead'. It's a long time since i saw that episode, and i can't remember if they touched up on that weird disk.

Redeemer
03-18-2014, 02:56 PM
This always comes to mind:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/TheSkeletonMan939/TMNT/outsmall.png

(That's Casey's hiding place in The Golden Puck).
:lol: great picture to support my feelings

*The animation style
*Overall, I think it tried to take itself too seriously at times

I am on the other end of the spectrum, I love the style, it is my favorite style I love the depiction of the turtles and splinter and as well as April and Casey.

As far as taking themselves too serious, you can say that, but I actually enjoyed it. I don't think it was over the top especially when I think of Fast Forward or BTTS.

Redeemer
03-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Basically everything that happens after Leo decapitated the Shredder. The show ends for me there.

Some of the best episodes are after that!
The bishop story arc is amazing.
The Triceraton arc is also pretty good.
I also like the Rat King episodes.

tmntpower1988
03-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Some of the best episodes are after that!
The bishop story arc is amazing.
The Triceraton arc is also pretty good.
I also like the Rat King episodes.

Well said.

Jephael
03-19-2014, 07:24 PM
I wish Slashuur was in the 2k3 episodes was disappointed that he was only in the Battle Nexus game.

That woulda been neat! Speaking of that game, does anybody else get annoyed when Hun keeps saying "Now be crushed!!!" I swear he says it like 3 times in a row. I keep wanting to hear Mikey or Raph tell him to shut up!!!

thebrownranger
03-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Fast Forward and Back To The Sewers.

CyberCubed
03-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Basically everything that happens after Leo decapitated the Shredder. The show ends for me there.

LOL, so you're saying the series is only 22 episodes to you? Because that's when that happens.

CyberCubed
03-20-2014, 12:34 AM
You read correctly. I wasn't a fan of anything there afterwards.

That's pretty bizarre since that's like 85% of the show. And to not enjoy any of it I wonder how you can be a TMNT fan in general, as all those aspects are in almost all the other cartoons/comics.

Bossa Nova
03-20-2014, 01:21 AM
The part where Jammerhead placed some weird disk on Donatello in 'Enter the Jammerhead'. It's a long time since i saw that episode, and i can't remember if they touched up on that weird disk.

I'm very curious about what you're talking about. I just watched that episode not too long ago and I don't remember that happening.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
03-20-2014, 05:59 AM
I'm very curious about what you're talking about. I just watched that episode not too long ago and I don't remember that happening.
I've just looked it up and apparently it's a tracking device.