PDA

View Full Version : Nick Technodrome Playset?

snake
08-09-2013, 12:56 PM
What are the chances of making one? It was massive in the finale, so it'd obviously have to be scaled down, a bit.
What rooms would it include? And how would they fit in the playset?

And most importantly, what will it be priced at?

So, If you think one will be made, give some ideas/features you'd like to see in it.

pannoni1
08-09-2013, 01:37 PM
What are the chances of making one? It was massive in the finale, so it'd obviously have to be scaled down, a bit.
What rooms would it include? And how would they fit in the playset?

And most importantly, what will it be priced at?

So, If you think one will be made, give some ideas/features you'd like to see in it.

Being featured in a prominent episode along with being a classic toy from 1990, there's no excuse why Playmates can't make one. One main thing I'd like to see are more entrances/exits that are easily allowed to push through. Have the main mind control room where Kraang Prime can alter people's abilities. I'd like it to be at least the size of the original Technodrome, perhaps a bit bigger if the Sewer Playset is. It would allow a new flagship toy for the line, which may be effective if released around the movie. Have a couple secret rooms, not unlike detention cells. Finally, have a command room where the portal and Kraang all assemble.

snake
08-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Being featured in a prominent episode along with being a classic toy from 1990, there's no excuse why Playmates can't make one. One main thing I'd like to see are more entrances/exits that are easily allowed to push through. Have the main mind control room where Kraang Prime can alter people's abilities. I'd like it to be at least the size of the original Technodrome, perhaps a bit bigger if the Sewer Playset is. It would allow a new flagship toy for the line, which may be effective if released around the movie. Have a couple secret rooms, not unlike detention cells. Finally, have a command room where the portal and Kraang all assemble.

And somehow fit that into a sphere shaped playset?

OrokuYoshiFilms
08-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Ideas

1. Technodrome pods to go with the Technodrome itself, maybe reminiscent of the old Technodrome scout vehicles.

2. I would like the surfaces on the interior to match the one from the episode (the part where Mikey falls down in the crack) I just like the whole look of that.

3. As pannoni1 said, the mind control room, absolutely...! Also, I'd like for you to be able to snap Kraang Prime and the android body into the wall

Zulithe
08-09-2013, 05:31 PM
The Secret Sewer Lair seems to be doing alright, if it weren't they should have pulled it from shelves by now. I think there's room for a technodrome set, but not unless they make us an awesome Kraang Prime figure to go with it!

I know Build-A-Figure is not really playmates thing but man, it sure would be awesome to get a large Kraang Prime build-a-fig

I just finished the Iron Man Legends build-a-fig (Iron Monger... he's great!), really got me interested in that kind of thing.

For a technodrome set to be a success they need only look back at the OT technodrome set and see all that worked with it, because kids definitely loved it

Oh and better start saving now, no way it'll be less than $100 :p

snake
08-09-2013, 05:36 PM
The Secret Sewer Lair seems to be doing alright, if it weren't they should have pulled it from shelves by now. I think there's room for a technodrome set, but not unless they make us an awesome Kraang Prime figure to go with it!

I know Build-A-Figure is not really playmates thing but man, it sure would be awesome to get a large Kraang Prime build-a-fig

I just finished the Iron Man Legends build-a-fig (Iron Monger... he's great!), really got me interested in that kind of thing.

For a technodrome set to be a success they need only look back at the OT technodrome set and see all that worked with it, because kids definitely loved it

Oh and better start saving now, no way it'll be less than $100 :p

The more money the better, Also, instead of a KP Build a Figure, Playmates should make a Traag one.

Zulithe
08-09-2013, 05:41 PM
The more money the better, Also, instead of a KP Build a Figure, Playmates should make a Traag one.

if they release a deluxe kraang prime then that would be the most logical figure for them to do, yeah.

snake
08-09-2013, 05:51 PM
if they release a deluxe kraang prime then that would be the most logical figure for them to do, yeah.

Hopefully the Kraang Prime will come with his walker thing.

Mr. Stay Puft
08-09-2013, 05:52 PM
And somehow fit that into a sphere shaped playset?

Just have it open up like the original Technodrome playset.

snake
08-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Just have it open up like the original Technodrome playset.

But there's still problems, unless its a larger sphere, it won't have enough space for the rooms.

Powder
08-09-2013, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't count on it. A Lego one, maybe, but not a full sized one.

Zulithe
08-09-2013, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't count on it. A Lego one, maybe, but not a full sized one.

SOMEONE SAID LEGO AND I CAME RUNNING

Hmm, I sure hope this happens :)

Donatello19
08-09-2013, 07:49 PM
As much as I want one, I really doubt they'll make it. The design just really doesn't lend itself to a play set.

Angry_Raph
08-10-2013, 02:39 AM
It would be about 15 inches around and probably open in the middle, and on the inside it would be Kraang prime in that robot suit sitting at some type of control panel. That would probably run for about $80 just for that and possibly some firing weapons and the giant eye can light up.

MST3KFan
08-10-2013, 07:22 AM
I cancelled a Pre-Order for the upcoming new Castle Grayskull playset from Mattel because $300 was too much in the long run for me to spend on a playset.

However, if they did a huge Technodrome playset...that I would probably gladly shell out (no pun intended) money for. I am a fan of He-Man, Transformers, and G.I.Joe, but they are no where near as big in popularity with me as TMNT.

The modern Sewer Lair had nods from the original all over it, so a new Technodrome I would hope would equally have nods to its vintage counterpart.

Opening trapdoors, the rolling eye piece, the upper floor to hold Krang (in this case Kraang Prime), the prison cell area...

jestermon
08-10-2013, 08:39 AM
What ever happened to that bad guy playset they showed a while back, haven't heard of it again.

Toadtrooper
08-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I honestly wouldn't expect any movement on this until 2015. Something tells me Playmates is waiting to see what the final form is.

In the meantime, getting an articulated bio-suit Kraang and 3-pack of hover Kraang seem like better things to spend money on. If I really need a Technodrome in the meantime, I can customize a silver massage exercise ball that will set me back maybe $20.

snake
08-10-2013, 11:37 AM
What ever happened to that bad guy playset they showed a while back, haven't heard of it again.

No idea, it's supposedly going to be released this year.

billbot85
08-11-2013, 10:23 PM
A new Technodrome playset would be really cool. A re-release of the 1990 Technodrome would be even cooler. :tgrin:

AdamWarlock87
08-11-2013, 10:34 PM
I agree a rerelease of the old one would be awesome. But if they did make a playset of the new one it would be cool.

snake
08-11-2013, 10:35 PM
A new Technodrome playset would be really cool. A re-release of the 1990 Technodrome would be even cooler. :tgrin:

With all the new classic stuff being released, I could see that happening!