PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Neca Bootlegs of Shredder and Foot Soldier circulating anywhere???

08-10-2013, 08:43 PM
i know this may seem like a long shot. we've all seen the NECA Shredder&Foot Soldier prototypes, that unfortunately never got mass produced. being that the discontinued NECA TMNT are available in bootleg form, any chance that there are bootlegs of NECA Shredder&Foot Soldier out there somewhere? tried ebay and no luck. i would really love to own them if they exist and if theres any for sale. any info would be great thanks!

Powder
08-10-2013, 08:58 PM
No. There are none, and there never will be. The prototypes were over-sized and never had molds cast. Your only option would be to contact a customizer for them to make one from scratch. But you'll pay a lot.

08-11-2013, 12:32 AM
No. There are none, and there never will be. The prototypes were over-sized and never had molds cast. Your only option would be to contact a customizer for them to make one from scratch. But you'll pay a lot.

aww man, got my hopes up for nothing. i have seen some really good customs of them but nothing can compete with those prototypes. thanks for the tip.

p.s. why were the prototypes over-sized? and anybody know the exact reason why they were cancelled and why the NECA line died? ive heard rumors that Nick yanked the license away but i dont know for sure.

Agent 86
08-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Bummer. Does anyone know of any NECA April O'Neil in yellow jumpsuit bootlegs?

Since the bootleggers are making the turtles with cartoon coloured bandanas, I'm surprised that they're also not making a cartoon coloured April.

DVD
08-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Neca did two sets of Turtles (one color, the other B/W), April ( with two mousers) and a mouser three pack.
That's it ( not counting bobble type stuff). All based upon the mirage imagery.

Subsequently the color and B/W sets have been recast and are in abundance all over Asia, and at reasonably cheap prices , and for all intents and purposes just the same as the originals. Now, I am going out on a limb to suggest these are still Neca productions. They can't make them legally - soooooo.......
Anyway.
The originals came with sidewalk bases, turtle babies etc. these are nice sets.
The box sets of the BW are also very nice.

The new variations with the color bandanas look interesting. So I have a set in transit.

If you are after them, the rectangular boxed original issues are the best sets to own.

Discogod
08-11-2013, 04:46 AM
p.s. why were the prototypes over-sized? and anybody know the exact reason why they were cancelled and why the NECA line died? ive heard rumors that Nick yanked the license away but i dont know for sure.

The 4 Horsemen (who sculpted the TMNT figures) tend to sculpt their figures as 2-ups - that is, they make them twice the size they're intended to be, then they're pantographed down to the correct size when the tooling is made.

08-13-2013, 07:34 PM
The 4 Horsemen (who sculpted the TMNT figures) tend to sculpt their figures as 2-ups - that is, they make them twice the size they're intended to be, then they're pantographed down to the correct size when the tooling is made.

well i guess that makes sense. interesting way of doing things. i wonder where those prototypes are now. and i still dont quite understand why these figures were never made?

i wish they would at least try to make bootlegs of these like they did with the turtles.

Discogod
08-14-2013, 04:30 AM
i wish they would at least try to make bootlegs of these like they did with the turtles.

That'd be impossible, as there was never any tooling made for these figures.