PDA

View Full Version : Konami TMNT games on the virtual console

LeotheLateBloomer
08-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Would anyone like to see the older TMNT NES/SNES/Genesis video games for the Wii U or 3DS virtual console services? I'm sure we all had fond memories of those games as a kid.

The Stryker
08-12-2013, 08:53 AM
I guess? It's not like they're rare games though.

TigerClaw
08-12-2013, 09:13 AM
The thing is that Konami no longer has the TMNT license, Activision does at the moment. They would probably have to talk to Nick or Viacom about releasing those games on the virtual console. I think they should cause next year would be the 30th anniversary of the Turtles and the new movie coming out. They should do like a TMNT collection. Having all the NES, SNES and Genesis games in one package. Games like Tournament Fighters were on both SNES and Genesis, But they should include those since both versions had different characters in it.

ctt4lfecw
08-12-2013, 09:55 AM
^
Aw man, I'd love to see an Anniversary pack, because I never owned a Genesis, I'd love to play Hyperstone Heist. Even though its Turtles in Time basically.

PizzaPower
08-12-2013, 10:11 AM
that would be really really sweet. like for real, only release it on all the consoles please!

LeotheLateBloomer
08-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Indeed, the games may be licensed games but back then, licensed games were pretty fun. It did bother me that the first NES game was on the Wii Shop Channel and the other games were not released. The second game was said to appear but never happened. I'm sure some would love to play Turtles in Time.

NinjaMan
08-12-2013, 10:55 AM
I'd love for them to show up.

dkram230
08-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I think there's a better chance we see these pop up next year on Xbox Live Arcade than the Wii U Virtual Console, but who knows. I'd be happy either way.

Ninjinister
08-12-2013, 01:22 PM
The thing is that Konami no longer has the TMNT license

Neither did b'Ubisoft, but they re-released two of Konami's games and remade a third one.

Completely feasible for this kind of thing to happen again, but not likely. Then again, Konami did haggle with Activision to get X-Men re-released, so who knows.

LittleBlueHero
08-13-2013, 02:43 PM
^
Aw man, I'd love to see an Anniversary pack, because I never owned a Genesis, I'd love to play Hyperstone Heist. Even though its Turtles in Time basically.

It is... and it isn't.

There was always something that seemed to be missing. It just didn't have the same charm I guess.

Also Tatsu was a lame boss... there I said it.

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
08-13-2013, 03:13 PM
By the way this topic is titled, I thought this was about the games actually coming out.

I think there's a better chance we see these pop up next year on Xbox Live Arcade than the Wii U Virtual Console, but who knows. I'd be happy either way.

If we got the actual releases that be nice. The NES game, "Arcade", is fun but then ReShelled didn't have an option to play the original version and that would have been nice but it was still fun.

It wold be nice for a collection to come out. It's possible to release a title with a Menu Hub to select a game from. I have the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection on my Xbox and it's the same idea, I would think. It be nice.

I would almost want a Tournament Fighter released with all characters and stages just mashed into the more superior version of the 3 released versions.
I mean, there would be 3 titles for just Tournament Fighter which is about the same game but with slight differences between them. I imagine though that it would alienate those who insist on the purity to play the original NES version and so on...

LeotheLateBloomer
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I never bought Re-shelled but from what I've played of the demo, it was okay. Was it at least a decent game?

prophecy718
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I never bought Re-shelled but from what I've played of the demo, it was okay. Was it at least a decent game?

some people will say that it was a very bad remake but I honestly thought it was OK...nothing special.

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
08-17-2013, 02:35 AM
It was good. It was playable.
It cannot be compared to the SNES port 'cus it's supposed to be based on the Arcade.
But it does feel like it's missing something...

Still worth the purchase. I never regretted it.