PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Aliens?

Danetello
08-12-2013, 04:43 PM
So I have been catching up on the 2003 series, as I basically missed all of it when it aired first time, and I have a question.
Of course, I'm watching the shows on DVD, and we all know the 2003 series releases were a mess.
When it comes to S03, two different sources differ on where The Christmas Aliens should fall.
One says it's episode 01, but another says it's episode 13. Which is it?
When should I watch them?

Thanks! :)

CyberCubed
08-12-2013, 06:20 PM
It takes place in the middle of Season 3. It references events from the Triceraton invasion, which was the first 6-parter of Season 3.

The Big Bad
08-13-2013, 03:56 AM
It's most natural placement would seem to be after episode 12, "The Lesson": that particular episode features April getting (justifiably) mad over Casey's assault on her, which nicely explains why she's giving him the cold shoulder on Christmas.

ABrown
08-14-2013, 09:55 AM
It actually was going to be the third season premiere. However, it was moved to around the middle of the season so that it would air closer to Christmas time. The old ninjaturtles.com web site (before Nickelodeon purchased the franchise) used to list the episode as the first one in the season. Sharetv.org actually does still list the episode as the first in the season: http://sharetv.org/shows/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles/season_3

ToTheNines
08-14-2013, 01:55 PM
It takes place in the middle of Season 3. It references events from the Triceraton invasion, which was the first 6-parter of Season 3.

Oh really? Methinks you're wrong. For the millionth time.

CyberCubed
08-14-2013, 02:43 PM
It can't be the season opener. The Triceraton Invasion happened at the very end of the last Battle Nexus episode. We see the ships right above the Earth in the Season 2 finale.

ABrown
08-14-2013, 02:47 PM
It can't be the season opener. The Triceraton Invasion happened at the very end of the last Battle Nexus episode. We see the ships right above the Earth in the Season 2 finale.

I know what you mean. But they purposely made it very much of a filler episode so that they could move it like they did. It actually kinda does fit better if watched in the middle of the season instead of in between the final Battle Nexus episode and first of the Invasion episodes. It probably just had a production code of "episode 1", but they never really had any intention for it to necessarily be the season opener. They knew it would just get thrown in whatever Saturday was right before Christmas.

Danetello
08-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, from what everyone has said, it sounds like it belongs mid-season.
Thanks for the help everyone! :)

ToTheNines
08-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I know what you mean. But they purposely made it very much of a filler episode so that they could move it like they did. It actually kinda does fit better if watched in the middle of the season instead of in between the final Battle Nexus episode and first of the Invasion episodes. It probably just had a production code of "episode 1", but they never really had any intention for it to necessarily be the season opener. They knew it would just get thrown in whatever Saturday was right before Christmas.

I like placing it between seasons 2 and 3. Gives the series more narrative breathing room.

But like you said, it's pretty much filler and isn't too important to the plot.

However, despite all-wise cybercubed saying so: there are no references to the Triceraton invasion. And the Purple Dragons just use regular guns, whereas pretty much everyone was using spare Tric-tech after the invasion.

Also, a big thing for me is that fact that Leatherhead was absent from Christmas dinner. That might be the main reason I think it falls between seasons 2 and 3 since LH was freed from captivity at the end of the season 3 opener and had been missing ever since "What A Croc".

ABrown
08-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Also, a big thing for me is that fact that Leatherhead was absent from Christmas dinner. That might be the main reason I think it falls between seasons 2 and 3 since LH was freed from captivity at the end of the season 3 opener and had been missing ever since "What A Croc".

GOOD CATCH!!! I never caught that. I'll have to throw in the episode when it gets close to Christmas time and keep an eye out for that.