PDA

View Full Version : Question about 'The Darkness within'

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-13-2013, 03:23 PM
at the end of the episode, we saw that guy in the suit answer a phone call from that monster. he then started to laugh very evilly. (is that even a word)

my question is, do we find out what happens to that guy?

Icebot
08-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, no. That was the only time he was seen.

Bossa Nova
08-14-2013, 12:04 AM
That's pretty interesting. It's been awhile since I've seen some of these episodes so I've forgotten a lot of details like that. I wonder who they had intended for him to be. Could make a pretty interesting fan-project.

Davetello
08-14-2013, 12:07 AM
No, I'm pretty sure we never see him again. This is one of my favourite episodes from season 3 actually.

ABrown
08-14-2013, 09:19 AM
I wasn't a very big fan of the episode, I don't think that it worked very well for a filler episode. There was too much that needed to be expanded upon. At the end of the episode I had too many questions that I feel were left unanswered.

DarkLightDragon
08-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah, this episode was just filler in that nothing in it is ever brought back nor acknowledged and really added nothing to the overreaching story arc the 2k3 series had.

As for the ending, it was, as well as the entire episode, clearly was made to be played out as a 'horror' type of thing in which you had:

-Starting with mysterious occurrences such as a missing person or more.
-Upon getting closer to what is happening, a monster of some sort is revealed.
-Encounter strange person who knows about the monster and explains through backstory.
-Said monster is defeated, heroes go home, and the whole thing ends with a eerie tone upon seeing the monster survive.

Davetello
08-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Not sure I should be bumping this to reply, I don't wanna clog the forum. But never mind...

Yeah, you guys are right that it's filler and probably a brilliant episode by objective standards. However, the concept and storyline of this episode appeal to me. I'm a sucker for anything which depicts the discovery of the Americas (colonialism and conquest interests me greatly) and the episode touches on supernatural conspiracy too. Ally those factors to the horror feel of the episode and it reeled me in. Raph 'becoming the Shredder' in his nightmare was a nice reference to the comics as well.

Enjoyable episode and stand-alone, so I sometimes watch it even when I'm not bingeing the show.

Mr. Stay Puft
08-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Let's not forget that it added Cthulhu to the TMNT mythos.