PDA

View Full Version : Favourite 2k3 Theme Tune?

Seeks
08-14-2013, 09:45 AM
The title says it all. What's your favourite 2k3 theme tune?

It's gotta be the original hasn't it? The "Watch out for Shredder!" line still sends a shiver down my spine and I don't think it has the same menace to it when a woman is saying the line. The "We shredded Shredder!" line is a bit naff too! :P

dkram230
08-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Uh-O. I can already hear the thread police coming. :lol: But to answer your question, the original is most classic to me and was used during the time when I feel the best episodes were made.

Seeks
08-14-2013, 10:19 AM
I did do a search for any threads on the topic, but none came up. Apologies if there's a thread on this already!

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-14-2013, 10:58 AM
The one used in seasons 1, 2 and 3.

I could sing it, but it doesn't seem effective in text form:tlol:

Technogeek29
08-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Whatever theme plays in Things change when Splinter is talking to the Turtles. I can not find it anywhere, and I really liked that theme.

Davetello
08-14-2013, 11:35 PM
The title says it all. What's your favourite 2k3 theme tune?

It's gotta be the original hasn't it? The "Watch out for Shredder!" line still sends a shiver down my spine and I don't think it has the same menace to it when a woman is saying the line. The "We shredded Shredder!" line is a bit naff too! :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Better pray there's no feminists on the technodrome mate.

Powder
08-14-2013, 11:55 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

There's a few who border on it, to say the least. Thank god for the ignore feature.

At any rate, my favorite theme is actually the one to my least favorite series. Back to the future. That hook is great, always gets me amped up.

Davetello
08-15-2013, 12:00 AM
There's a few who border on it, to say the least. Thank god for the ignore feature.

At any rate, my favorite theme is actually the one to my least favorite series. Back to the future. That hook is great, always gets me amped up.

Haha fair enough.

Seeks
08-15-2013, 05:12 AM

Meh, it wasn't intended as sexist or anything, it's more to do with the fact that Karai isn't as dark as Shredder and the character, and voice, reflect that. :)

Justin
08-15-2013, 03:20 PM
The original was my favorite.

Icebot
08-15-2013, 04:47 PM
My favorite is Fast Forward.

miru
08-15-2013, 05:00 PM
2nd Japanese one.

Coola Yagami
08-15-2013, 07:08 PM
I kinda liked the first Japanese one more. I saw the music video to it and the leader singer was totally intense.

Luigiperps
08-15-2013, 08:09 PM

Huh? I don't think that movie counts as TMNT...
Do you mean back to the sewer or fastward?

Powder
08-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Pffft, yeah, Back To The Sewers. I was quite tired when I posted that. Back To The Future does have a great theme, though. :tlol:

Vivi
08-18-2013, 09:16 AM
I associate the first one with the series the most, but the FF tune and BTTS are both quite good.

CowabungaMikey
08-18-2013, 12:18 PM
I like the first one, because it reminds me of watching it when I was like 5, and I just like the BTTS one.

pannoni1
08-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Seasons 1-3 for sure. Has the best chords, sequence progressions, and makes you wonder "Wow? That's the theme song for TMNT? It isn't your father's Turtle show!"

Seasons 4-5 I enjoy a bit more due to having the Turtles' introductions in them, but having either "We Shredded Shredder" or with a woman saying "Watch out for Shredder" just doesn't quite measure up to the opening.

Fast Forward is probably my least favorite, as it uses the same musical phrasing a bit too repeatedly, and like the season itself, feels rushed and uninspired.

BTTS has some inspiration (The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!") from the original theme just to give the series' identity, but does a decent job reinventing itself with a new melodic hook, though the lyrics aren't particualrly memorable compared to the earlier themes.

RaphAndDonnie
08-21-2013, 09:21 AM
WE'RE GOING BACK, BACK, BACK TO THE SEWERS!

Sure there's a shell pun that'll never fail to make me cringe but it's just so catchy! I also don't mind the first theme song.

Gonstead
08-22-2013, 07:15 AM
The first definitely, but each has their own coolness to them.

TurtleMaster4
09-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Totally the first one, it's classy!

TheSkeletonMan939
09-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Totally the first one, it's classy!

Classy?

Did you mean classic? :P

Shark_Blade
09-10-2013, 06:25 PM
First one.The title says it all. What's your favourite 2k3 theme tune?

:lol: I think it's just that Karai was so not intimidating. Her voice is so meek and weak. I mean if some mad woman like Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter) or Cruella DeVil (101 Dalmatians) shouted that, I might think twice.

TurtleMaster4
09-10-2013, 08:41 PM
First one.
:lol: I think it's just that Karai was so not intimidating. Her voice is so meek and weak. I mean if some mad woman like Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter) or Cruella DeVil (101 Dalmatians) shouted that, I might think twice.

Yea I love Karai but that Shout was weak!

dragonside
09-11-2013, 05:26 PM
since... Turtles Forever is part of the continuity... the best theme has got to be... the one from the trailer/the one where the mirage turtles say their final words.

:) my fave!

Ryan in austin
09-17-2013, 10:52 PM
First post, and my favorite is "Jounetsu no Kaze," the Japanese theme of the first season. I also liked "Fighting Spirit," one of the Japanese ending themes. I don't know if that's cheating or not, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

funatic
09-17-2013, 11:40 PM
well as long as we're throwing other countries into the mix I'm going to go with the Italian version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9xRzbwcw0U

It's cheesy as pizza but the earnestness of the singer to make it so ridiculously epic sounding keeps my earbuds coming back for more - and that part when he says the turtles names with an Italian accent = boss. (of course, that's the only part of the song I understand... anyone who knows Italian care to translate?)

EDIT: nvrmnd. just read the first comment on the youtube link. :toops:

DVD
09-19-2013, 04:42 AM

I had a laugh at this. I noticed you commented on it yourself later on.

Yeah, the BTTS theme is fast, catchy, full of energy, and I love the on screen graphics that go with it. Can't say I dislike the season tho. It's just that its different from the other seasons.

So, sing along. Back, back to the future, I mean sewer....

Powder
09-19-2013, 05:47 AM
That was hyperbole, my friend. The feminism comment you're referring to, I mean.

DonatelloNinja82
09-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Leonardo's always in control...the wiseguy is Michelangelo...Donatello is the brains of the bunch...count on Raphael to throw the first punch...

Yorae
09-26-2013, 04:53 AM
Leonardo's always in control...the wiseguy is Michelangelo...Donatello is the brains of the bunch...count on Raphael to throw the first punch...

All these years I thought they were saying "Donatello he's the wizard of Oz.." :lol:

Aaronardo
09-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Fast Forward. :P

I actually liked Back to the Sewer's riff much more. I dunno why, but it just has much cooler lyrics and tune than "1, 2, 3, 4! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!"

Quesun
10-21-2013, 03:36 AM
The first theme was the best in my opinion.

I also liked April's theme and that tune they played on the Christmas special. The one that was in the background when Mikey's making his way home. I think it also played at the end of Lone Raph and Cub.

Luigiperps
10-21-2013, 05:56 AM
I like he unused songs from back to the sewers a lot: Leonardo's the leader of the pack, Raphael's always on the attack, Donatello's the something something, Michelangelo yeah he's still nuts!!! Bring in the green!!!

And I also like back to the sewers more than you people seem to.

blindturtle02
10-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I like the original 2k3 theme with BTTS coming in close second. As for a character theme, I love the Foot Mystic one. Very epic. Although the theme for the Ninja Tribunal masters also gives me goosebumps. Bishops theme was also great. Of course I also liked Shredder's as well as Saki's.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Surprised no one is talking about shredder's theme, except this guy/girl ^^