PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Realization About 2K3 Game

miru
08-16-2013, 10:10 PM
In the Notes From The Underground level, the Turtles fight (and KILL) mindless monsters. In a later level, these monsters are established as once being humans.

Oh. My. God.

The Stryker
08-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Uh....ok? They fight regular humans all the time.

Jester
08-16-2013, 10:27 PM
And that was the plot of the episodes....so what's the difference?

snake
08-16-2013, 10:27 PM
What? 90% of turtles villains are humans. Plus that was already said in the actual episode.

CyberCubed
08-16-2013, 11:26 PM
I think she's refering to the fact that the Turtles kill the mutant monsters in the games, even though they were previously humans.

Jester
08-16-2013, 11:30 PM
And...they kill the human Purple Dragons and Foot...if you wanna get technical.

Cure
08-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah, real shocking.

snake
08-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Guys! I found out that bacon comes from pigs! And we kill them!

Oh.My.God.

miru
08-16-2013, 11:58 PM
I think she's refering to the fact that the Turtles kill the mutant monsters in the games, even though they were previously humans.

Indeed, I am referring to the fact the mutants clearly splatter into green sludge when you defeat them.

snake
08-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Indeed, I am referring to the fact the mutants clearly splatter into green sludge when you defeat them.

And how were we supposed to know that? And your statement still makes no sense.

plasticturtle
08-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Jester's right. You basically spend most of the game beating or slashing ( depending on the Turtle ) crowds of human Foot Ninjas and Purple Dragons to death. After that throwing in a bunch of humans turned monsters isn't that big a deal.

CowabungaMikey
08-17-2013, 09:55 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/4CPS/i-like-turtles/image.png

Tazi
08-17-2013, 10:22 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23327853/rodman.png

plasticturtle
08-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I think that last picture's going to be in my nightmares tonight.

I Crave Pizza No More
08-17-2013, 11:31 AM
I guess the only thing I find shocking here is that anyone still wants to talk about that game. It was terrible.

Jester
08-17-2013, 04:03 PM
The GBA games were pretty sweet, because they stuck to Konami's tried and true 2D Beat 'Um Up formula.

Andrew NDB
08-17-2013, 04:18 PM
The GBA games were pretty sweet, because they stuck to Konami's tried and true 2D Beat 'Um Up formula.

Tried and true? It literally beat the video game franchise into the ground with that mind-numbingly monotonous Final Fight formula.

I would like to see a TMNT game try and do something different, for once. The first game on NES was the only one that actually attempted to.

ObiWanFan4life
08-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Tried and true? It literally beat the video game franchise into the ground with that mind-numbingly monotonous Final Fight formula.

I would like to see a TMNT game try and do something different, for once. The first game on NES was the only one that actually attempted to.

Key word being Attempted.

Jester
08-17-2013, 04:22 PM

The Mirage Box art didn't hurt either, did it...

I'll admit, it could get old. Radical Rescue for the Game Boy was pretty unique, giving each Turtle specific strengths, and made it more of a Metroid style game play mechanic....and it's hard as all get out.

Andrew NDB
08-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Key word being Attempted.

I didn't say it wholly succeeded, but it was a pretty versatile TMNT game... there was a whole side to it where you travel around the streets of NYC in and out of the Turtlevan (and can run over Foot Soldiers, no less), even swimming levels.

Every other game was just mash the button in a never-ending gauntlet of rainbow colored Foot Soldiers, left to right.

ObiWanFan4life
08-17-2013, 04:35 PM
I didn't say it wholly succeeded, but it was a pretty versatile TMNT game... there was a whole side to it where you travel around the streets of NYC in and out of the Turtlevan (and can run over Foot Soldiers, no less), even swimming levels.

Every other game was just mash the button in a never-ending gauntlet of rainbow colored Foot Soldiers, left to right.

I enjoyed the game, but I feel that it could have been greatly improved on.

pferreira
08-22-2013, 07:35 AM
The most interesting thing about the 2003 Turtles game was that instead of just using FMV from the cartoon series there were any levels where an entirely new plot for the Season 1 stories was created with entirely new FMV. I played the game and then saw the cartoon series so it was a bit shocking but mostly confusing from a canon point of view. These differences are old news any way unless you've only just played the 2003 game.

Xav
08-26-2013, 11:43 AM

Every other game was just mash the button in a never-ending gauntlet of rainbow colored Foot Soldiers, left to right.Like mentioned before there was Radical Rescue, the 2003 game had some shooting, platform, and racing levels, Battle Nexus was more about stealth and had shooting segments, and the 2007 game was more of a platformer than a beat em up.