PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone tried to modify the 2k3 figures...

miru
08-24-2013, 03:31 PM
So that they fit in with the 88-93 line better?

I made this topic because to me the 2k3 line feels very bland. As opposed to the very detailed and often grotesque classics (and current line to a lesser extent), these figures were very clean and anime-like, feeling more like Yu-Gi-Oh or Hercules. Surely, these were accurate to the show (usually), but I would have much preferred a more detailed approach.

TurtleManiac
08-27-2013, 01:39 AM
Haven't done it but it probably wouldn't work because they just wouldn't scale well. The 2k3 turtles themselves are about the size of '88 Bebop and Rocksteady. The 2k3 line is much taller. I just recently acquired some 2k3 figures and I really like them they are very accurate to the 2k3 show, but I can't see them fitting in with the vintage line. As far as the "grotesque" appearance of the classic toys, it's probably because they came out around the time that style was popular, then in 2k3 they went with a cleaner look for show accuracy.

I actually haven't even seen very many customs using the 2k3 figures, probably because they are already almost 100% accurate to the 2k3 show there's no need to modify them.

Wes
09-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Turtles Forever ensured that they fit in with whatever line I want. I have them, the b/w NECA figures, and vintage figs all chilling together! :D