PDA

View Full Version : Lost FedEx Packages?

Shogun26
08-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Hey everyone,

I received notification today that two packages I sent Fedex on Thursday were delivered this morning. However, when I texted the person I sent the packages to, he said he never got them, nor was there a note on his door since he was not home. Both packages needed to be signed for because of the declared values. From the Fedex website it does say that someone signed for them (with this persons name). So I called Fedex and asked them to put a trace out for the packages..I also asked if they delivered them or USPS (sometimes USPS delivers for Fedex) they said they delivered them.

Is there anything else I can do or that the person receiving them can do?

Thanks for the tips.

JOEMOE
08-24-2013, 11:51 PM
This happened to me once.

My USPS guy once told me he will mark things delivered if my leasing office is closed on something that needs a signature when I am not home so that it shows up as on time. He had the package with him the next day.

Other wise, challenge the signature they are supposed to get a first and last name, I know UPS tells me what leasing office employee actually signed.

Shogun26
08-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Packages have been located. Apparently fedex man signed for and left on porch. Neighbor took in and gave to recipient today. Blah

I Crave Pizza No More
08-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Glad to hear that there's a good ending here. UPS once delivered my stuff to the wrong address. No one was home at the incorrect address, so the packages sat outside for three days. Eventually the UPS guy sent out to investigate and I walked around, found the boxes, and I got my stuff.

MisterMiracle
08-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Glad to hear everything worked out. I've never used UPS or Fed Ex before but I've had some issues with USPS (especially international orders). People claim they never get their package and then they also end up getting all of their money back from eBay and I get hit with negative feedback and a limited account. It's awesome!

Jester
08-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Packages have been located. Apparently fedex man signed for and left on porch. Neighbor took in and gave to recipient today. Blah
That's messed up. Is there some way to report this? I mean, you're both very lucky a nice neighbor picked them up and not a thief.

Shogun26
08-25-2013, 09:28 PM
That's messed up. Is there some way to report this? I mean, you're both very lucky a nice neighbor picked them up and not a thief.

Considering the contents of the two packages was 1450.00, yes, I will be making a call tomorrow after work.

Jester
08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Yikes. Yep, that guy's fired...

Zarana-X
08-26-2013, 01:29 PM
I work in shipping and recieving. These shenanigans are more common than you think.

Shogun26
08-26-2013, 01:32 PM
I work in shipping and recieving. These shenanigans are more common than you think.

I actually googled this issue last night and saw lots of the same issues. So I see that this is happening. Still don't feel its right, esp when someone pays for a service and its not done.

Shogun26
08-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Alright, the conclusion to this fun time with fedex.

Fedex will not be charging me for either the shipments. I am also expecting a call back from the drivers supervisor.

Unfortunately, we all know this happens more than we'd like, but at least they are taking care of the problem in this instance and I have not once been hung up on nor put on hold for a long period of time. I actually got this all taken care of on the drive home (40 min). So that was good.

Thanks for everyones input. :)