PDA

View Full Version : New Member / TMNT movie collection

MaulRat22
09-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and I just wanted to post a few pictures of my collection. I actually just received my first few pieces a couple of days ago and I am excited to share!

As a lot of you may already know, there was a house bought in Hawaii by a couple whose previous owner was a big TMNT fan. I was able to snatch up a few of those items and they are attached below.

They include:

A copy of April's Leonardo sketch with original polaroid
The platinum album addressed to the original composer
A behind the scenes photo strip picture
An orignal press release kit ( not pictured )

Let me know what you guys think!! :trazz:

TheBlueTurtle1
09-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Very nice, and welcome to the forum!:D

turtles_kolektor
09-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Great pics!
Welcome on Drome!

Eiko
09-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Cool stuff, and welcome.

Davin
09-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Welcome, and nice score! The April sketch is such an awesome piece, and I've never seen the photo booth strip before. :tthumbsu:

Cowabungawolf89
09-05-2013, 11:40 AM
now that's awesome :)

Zarana-X
09-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Those are awesome one of kind pieces! Nice to get a good look at the sketch. Always bothered me that he had "ghost legs", but you couldn't get a good look at it in the film.

bretttheleofan
09-05-2013, 08:39 PM
This is great stuff awesome finds! I have wanted that sketch for quite some time! I used your picture to photoshop one for myself and then printed it and went over it with some line work, rescanned it, hope you don't mind!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/brettfields/leosketchreworked_zps8edf1e82.jpg (http://s154.photobucket.com/user/brettfields/media/leosketchreworked_zps8edf1e82.jpg.html)

MaulRat22
09-05-2013, 09:44 PM
This is great stuff awesome finds! I have wanted that sketch for quite some time! I used your picture to photoshop one for myself and then printed it and went over it with some line work, rescanned it, hope you don't mind!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/brettfields/leosketchreworked_zps8edf1e82.jpg (http://s154.photobucket.com/user/brettfields/media/leosketchreworked_zps8edf1e82.jpg.html)
no prob :-)

TheCanadiandrome
09-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Awesome collection mate and welcome

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
09-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Awesome stuff man! You've got some really neat pieces there! Welcome to the Drome. Enjoy your stay!

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
09-08-2013, 04:04 AM
very awesome!
I just dont understand how people get in possession of this level of awesome, rare stuff!

Dont think I knew the soundtrack went platinum...

DJSoulPole
09-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Oh man I contacted them and they said they wanted to sell everything at once and that they would let me know if they are breaking anything up. Was everything just on eBay?

MaulRat22
09-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Oh man I contacted them and they said they wanted to sell everything at once and that they would let me know if they are breaking anything up. Was everything just on eBay?
I was supposed to be the weapons they had from the first two movies but our deal fell thru and someone else snatched them up ( I'm guessing she got more money ).

So I had to get something so I bought these. I figured I may never get another chance and getting some movie pieces so I snatched them up.

I Crave Pizza No More
09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Nice score. I was also in contact with that same seller about some of her items, but her prices were really high. She asked $2500 for the Leonardo-Daredevil sketch done by Eastman. Would have loved it, but that's about twice as much as I was willing to pay.

Seagoat
09-08-2013, 04:04 PM
To set the record straight on the weapons, I did not override MaulRat's deal for the sake of money. I had a tentative deal (before MaulRat) with another buyer who was trying to put together a collective purchase with a number of people. While in negotiation with MaulRat on the weapons, the other buyer came through at the last minute.

It is true, I originally wanted to sell all the TMNT items as a lot. But when that changed, I tried to contact everyone with a follow up e-mail to let them know they could buy things individually. If I missed someone, I'm sorry. I don't know your e-mail as compared to your Drome name. However, I still have many items left and anyone can PM me.

Lastly, this original sketch was done by Eastman in 1985. It was a proposal to Marvel Comics for TMNT to appear in a cross-over with Daredevil. It was bought directly from Kevin Eastman and personalized to the previous owner, so it says "To Eric Best Wishes Kevin Eastman” in the upper left margin, making it signed twice by Kevin. The measurement of the sketch alone is 22 1/2 in across x 16 3/4 in tall (visible picture size inside the frame), and 32 1/4” x 27” total framed measurement. For the age, size, and uniqueness, I thought my asking price of $2500 was reasonable.

http://i.imgur.com/KLqzEq3.jpg

Citizen Krang
09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
To be fair, unless your name is Eric that Eastman message and autograph really hurts the value to another collector. And if you didn't know the accident that gave dd his powers is the same that brought the tmnt into being. That's the reason for him wanting to do a crossover.

I Crave Pizza No More
09-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Seagoat,

Glad to see you made it to the boards. I think you'll find a market for most of the items here. As you own the memorabilia, you can set the prices at whatever you wish. I don't think anyone is faulting you for that; I just stated my opinion that what you asked for the sketch was quite a bit more than I was willing to pay. Anyway, best of luck with the sales--I hope these awesome pieces find great homes.