PDA

View Full Version : Out Of The Shadows help thread [spoilers!]

gobo
09-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Ok, I'll start this off. I've hit a dead end in Chapter 2. I've been stuck in the room after the luge, in the room with the two hackable panels for a few days now. I found an online guide that was obviously written for the PC version. I'd think that would be good enough, but it isn't. It says to go through the hole in the wall, and take a right to the room with the lone Mouser-man, climb the latter and pull the lever at the top. Problem is that there is no lever in the Xbox version.

So, what the heck do I do here?? O_o

bninja
09-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Are you sure that there's no lever? It should be between the two control panels beneath the window that overlooks the big room.

Peanut
09-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Yes, there's a lever. You're missing it.

Gokhan
09-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Ok, I'll start this off. I've hit a dead end in Chapter 2. I've been stuck in the room after the luge, in the room with the two hackable panels for a few days now. I found an online guide that was obviously written for the PC version. I'd think that would be good enough, but it isn't. It says to go through the hole in the wall, and take a right to the room with the lone Mouser-man, climb the latter and pull the lever at the top. Problem is that there is no lever in the Xbox version.

So, what the heck do I do here?? O_o

:ohwell: are you serious...if u are stuck there u have a huge problem fighting the giant mouser that's 2 come.....

gobo
09-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Found it! What a glitchy POS... >_< The lever actually wasn't there the first play-through of that room, and I spent at least an hour up there looking for it. When I tried again last night, it wouldn't let me up the ladder because my character kept pressing an imaginary elevator button instead. :tlol: After I restarted from the last checkpoint, it started working right.

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
09-06-2013, 04:41 AM
the only problem I have faced in running through the environment are vaulting and climbing when sometimes these intractables are glowing yellow and others times they are not.

I have not faced that problem myself, Gobo.

The worst I had was fighting Cerberus Mouser in round 2 and ending up with a Turtle (temporarily) stuck in the area of the stage that we used to get to the battlefield.
But I just switched to another turtle and kept on until I noticed all 4 were fighting together again.

TheBlueTurtle1
09-08-2013, 02:45 AM
Guys me and my bro are stuck fighting Karia in the construction building, it is so hard, and we are some what pro gamers. Any tips?

09-08-2013, 03:00 AM
It took me two attempts.

I just tried to get myself higher in the scaffolding, avoid the bombs, and aim your specials and TPKOs at her. You can counter her fairly easily too if you pay attention to her disappearing. As soon as her puff of smoke returns, hit block and you'll either block her red move or counter her green move.

I have tangled her up in a 2-way counter, and I have slammed the **** out of her with TPKO Combos using the other brothers.
She's really not too hard, just know she does a lot of dodging and blocking and she throws a lot of bombs.

EDIT: Also, dont be afraid to switch Turtles. I think this helped me out a bit, switching Turtles also forces you to switch tactics, plus they all have different moves and stats.

TheBlueTurtle1
09-08-2013, 05:55 AM
It took me two attempts.

I just tried to get myself higher in the scaffolding, avoid the bombs, and aim your specials and TPKOs at her. You can counter her fairly easily too if you pay attention to her disappearing. As soon as her puff of smoke returns, hit block and you'll either block her red move or counter her green move.

I have tangled her up in a 2-way counter, and I have slammed the **** out of her with TPKO Combos using the other brothers.
She's really not too hard, just know she does a lot of dodging and blocking and she throws a lot of bombs.

EDIT: Also, dont be afraid to switch Turtles. I think this helped me out a bit, switching Turtles also forces you to switch tactics, plus they all have different moves and stats.

Ok man, Ill take those tips to mind, when I meet up with my bro, we try this later today. Thanks again:)

Leo656
09-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, you almost have to predict her attack and hit Block before you even see her, as a lot of times she materializes already in attack mode. Whenever I can't see her, I just alternate A button (counter) and B button (block) until she reappears, hopping over attacking enemies and blocking any attacks from her or anyone else. To start out I always ignore her and focus on taking out the Foot; letting them take the hit from her grenades can take a few out fast. And always do like FMZP said and head for higher ground, it seems like there's more room to fight on the upper levels. Also, when you do see Karai, grenade and shuriken her ass from a distance, that cuts the fight way down quick, and getting hit by shuriken seems to make her less able to block or counter.

Early on, it's almost impossible to hit her consistently; you have to swing a few times to get a combo going, B block an attack and then hit her a couple times, but it's still tough. If she's too fast and it's not working, get out of range and just chuck grenades and shuriken, it won't take as much as you think to take a good chunk off. You'll know she's getting weaker because she won't block or dodge your attacks as much, and you'll be able to hit her with combos rather easily. A few well-timed Turtle Power KOs and she's done. If you run out of projectiles, Leo's R+360 Blade Staff Boomerang does lots of damage from a fairly safe distance.

You'll get it. Best of luck!

09-08-2013, 01:39 PM
That's something I did with the Shredder fight also after noticing how it worked with Karai, shuriken's seem to stun them enough to land your attacks on them.

Leo656
09-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Hell yeah they do! Both Shredder and Karai were only hard for me the first time; re-playing it with Leveled-Up Turtles, they got nothin'. It looks so bad-ass just manhandling Shredder with TPKOs and Tag Team moves.

Did you get the Achievement for doing a TPKO with all four Turtles? I got it last night by complete accident, I doubt I could do it on purpose. But it looked awesome. :lol: I get it to work with three Turtles all the time but that was the first time I got the one with all four to work.

09-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Hell yeah they do! Both Shredder and Karai were only hard for me the first time; re-playing it with Leveled-Up Turtles, they got nothin'. It looks so bad-ass just manhandling Shredder with TPKOs and Tag Team moves.

Did you get the Achievement for doing a TPKO with all four Turtles? I got it last night by complete accident, I doubt I could do it on purpose. But it looked awesome. :lol: I get it to work with three Turtles all the time but that was the first time I got the one with all four to work.

Oh ya! And frag grenades or whatever to malfunction Krang's technology in the Shredder fight.

And no, still no achievement. I have gotten 3 of the Turtles to "wishbone" an enemy but the 4th is usually fighting someone else or is just standing there.
That achievement is totally by luck, unless you're in an online 4P game and can coordinate the attack.

Leo656
09-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I read in a thread on the GameFaqs board yesterday that there is a place to do it where all four guys are kind of bunched together, making it easy to nail the move with all 4. If I come across it again I'll let you know, I forget where they said the best place to do it was.

But yeah mine just happened randomly.

09-09-2013, 02:34 PM
haha I should still have an account on GameFAQs!
Ya post it somewhere when you do find out. Maybe I'll have gotten it by then but that's awesome

go_ninja84
11-18-2013, 11:31 AM
It took me two attempts.

got any suggestions for someone who used all his ability points (18 ) on one turtle and beefed the crap out of him and did not do anything with the other 3? im fighting Karai in the construction site and since Don, Raph, and Mike have barely any ability upgrades they get taken out in mere minutes. then everyone focuses on me (Leo) and i get wiped out between the Elite, Foot, and Karai i have literally played this 7 times still same out come

raphael_is_cool
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Only thing I can think would be to practise a bunch to get better at evading and countering (or in general, really), or grinding in the challenge mode to earn some extra xp and level up your other turtles.

Drose18
12-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Just finished the game and wow so many glitches. I had the same lever problem gobo. The worst glitch for me was when fighting the manters in front of the warehouse near the end of chapter 2, the camera got all wavy like an old fashioned tv turning on and wouldn't stop. It made it impossible and I had to restart the entire chapter.

raphael_is_cool
12-02-2013, 02:06 PM
The worst glitch for me was when fighting the manters in front of the warehouse near the end of chapter 2, the camera got all wavy like an old fashioned tv turning on and wouldn't stop. It made it impossible and I had to restart the entire chapter.
Please tell me you're not talking about when it briefly switches to the security camera's viewpoint (or you are, as a joke). :lol: