PDA

View Full Version : I made a board game

Krutch
09-14-2013, 03:59 AM
I had an idea for it about 6 months ago. Got into some hard times a little while back so instead of moping around the house I put energy into actually making the game. Behold my efforts:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2rxelir.jpg
All done. Haven't play tested it yet but what can ya do?

Krutch
09-28-2013, 04:06 PM
So, now that I'm in beta phase and things are shaping up, I've been trying to come up with a good name for the game. It's a cooperative superhero boardgame about learning to work and trust each other to take down the main supervillain, while also keeping the city under control of other basic threats.

I've been using "Justice" but I don't think it captures the "work together" aspect and it also just doesn't sound that fun or exciting.

Any ideas?

Voltron
09-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Oh, man! That looks AWESOME. I would love to see how it plays.

Plasticplayhouse
09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
looks pretty cool!

Krutch
10-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm definitely going to throw this up on Kickstarter with a video explaining the mechanics sometime within the year. But the playtesting alone is a freaking nightmare. I mean, its fun, but I was really trying to go for a "its different every time you play it", which makes testing mechanics a living hell.

Theres a quick character creation phase at the beginning of the game where you build your character. Takes about 3 minutes to do, but theres over 2000+ possible combinations, so its tough to test balancing issues.