PDA

View Full Version : Shows you watch with your kids, that you actually kind of like...

Jester
09-19-2013, 02:33 PM
This is for all you parents (and possibly uncles/aunts) out there:

What shows do you sit and watch with (your) kids, that you've actually grown to like?

My wife and son watch PBS more often than not, and the kid's taken a liking to Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood...and it's actually pretty cute. (Although the "If You Have to Go Potty, STOP and Go Right Away" episode was kinda....odd.)

Zachatello00
09-19-2013, 02:40 PM
"It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Come inside, it's fun inside!"

Jake and the Neverland Pirates is a lot of fun, too! I love the music. We listen to it on the way to take him to preschool.

That, and I have to admit that the Leapfrog songs are really catchy.

Jester
09-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Educational Henson shows never disappoint, Dinosaur Train and Sid the Science Kid aren't bad.

Bossa Nova
09-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Sofia the First is admittedly pretty cute (my 3 year old cousin who I babysit weekly loves it and we just bought her a Sofia Halloween costume). I get a kick out of the cameos this show has with other Disney princesses. Plus my other 2 year old cousin's name actually is Sofia, so it's just adorable all around.

Back when my other cousin was a little younger and we babysat him a few years ago The Backyardigans was pretty fun too. We wound up liking the songs more than we cared about the actual episode so we bought the DvDs that just had a bunch of songs on them to sing along with instead. Me and my little sister are pretty much the biggest dweebs in the world so I think we had more fun dancing along with them more than my cousin did.

Leo656
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
My niece used to be huge into Hannah Montana, iCarly and Wizards of Waverly Place, and I gotta say compared to a lot of stuff I've seen those weren't that bad at all.

Peanut
09-19-2013, 11:32 PM
I can't say I really "like" much of it in that I can sit and watch it without getting bored, but I don't mind a lot of the stuff I watch with my nephew. Stuff like The Backyardigans, Doc McStuffins, Team Umizoomi and Jake and the Neverland Pirates are fun little shows, but my favourite is probably Max and Ruby, because sometimes that show can be genuinely funny in it's own very innocent way. The musical stuff, like The Wiggles and Yo Gabba Gabba tend to be the ones I can watch easiest, simply because there's some enjoyable music in them.

What I absolutely can't stand are the "Do you see X?" *30 second pause* "THERE," yells kids *30 second pause* "Yeah, there's X!" shows like Dora. By two my nephew had already lost interest in them and I can see why. They're so incredibly tedious, even for little kids. Also, shows that seem to have 5 episodes they repeat again and again - Harry and his bucket full of dinosaurs, My Big Big Friend, Bubble Guppies.

One thing a ton of kids shows have in common is incredibly memorable and catchy theme songs. I've got so many of them tattooed on the inside of my skull at this point.

ZariusTwo
09-20-2013, 04:06 AM
In the UK, I watch quite a lot of the CBEBBIES channel in the afternoon and evenings with my visiting cousins and nephew. Shows we watch include:

-Old Jack's Boat (anthology show hosted by Bernard Cribbons)
-Sarah and Duck (Irreverantly humored simplistic animated show)
-Tree Fu Tom (animated fantasy series with the voice of David Tennant)
-CBEBBIES Bedtime Stories (stories read out by special guests)

CyberCubed
09-23-2013, 10:35 AM
The Nick kid sitcoms aren't that bad. Usually after the girls come of age and move on they become rather hot anyway. Same for those Disney shows.

Its hard to believe some of them are 20 something now.

The Stryker
09-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I watched every single episode of Cory In The House with my oldest niece. I ain't mad.

Peanut
09-23-2013, 11:31 AM
The Nick kid sitcoms aren't that bad. Usually after the girls come of age and move on they become rather hot anyway.

You're such a god damn creep. Holy sh*t.

CyberCubed
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
You're such a god damn creep. Holy sh*t.

When they're of age, not when they're 16.

You're kidding yourself if you've never seen a young actress turn out incredibly attractive after remembering them as kids on some older show or movie.

Why do you think the movie, Spring Breakers used all the young Disney stars? It's for all those people who remember them as kids now see them as young adults.

shuriken
09-23-2013, 04:39 PM
^^ I guess man but that's sh*t you don't straight up say without sounding like a total creep. You remind me of that Depeche Mode song question of time.
ANYWAY. I don't have kids but my brother has twins and sometimes I take care of em and we watch cartoons and shows together.
Yo Gabba Gabba is awesome if only for the song that plays in the credits.
Sesame Street is still amusing and I'm glad they are old enough to like the Nick Turtles.