PDA

View Full Version : 2014 TMNT Figures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Donatello19
09-19-2013, 06:16 PM
All of the 2013 figures are either out, or coming out in the next month or two...so I figured it's time for a new thread. Below is a complete list of figures released in 2014 (so far). This year looks to be very busy with four different TMNT toy lines going at once. They're color coded for your convenience!

Nickelodeon cartoon
Half Shell Heroes
Classic collection
2014 movie

Here we go...

NICKELODEON CARTOON

Basic figures:

Wave 7
Casey Jones
Kirby Bat
Mutagen Man
Squirrelanoid

Basic vehicles:

Assortment 4
Grass Kicker
Shell Flyer

Deluxe vehicles:
High Flyin' Blimp

Vehicles with figures:
Turtle Sub with exclusive Diver Donnie

Play-sets:

Z-Line Ninjas
Fire Escape Free Fall
Window Wipeout
Billboard Breakout
Water Tower Washout

(this list is currently incomplete, as we do not know of all of the 2014 toys yet. I will update the list all the time, whenever news on TMNT toys is revealed...so stay tuned!)

Reputator
09-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Guess this would be a good time to mention the oft-referenced Wal-Mart product list.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1151094&postcount=2436

Not really concerned about credibility. As I've mentioned here before, I'm a fan who's just excited to share news with other fellow fans. So believe me or not. I've posted this sort of thing before & been proven 100% right shortly after. If it helps, here's some screenshots from my computer at work.
https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1174752_10151670776581888_1335811311_n.jpghttps://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q77/s720x720/1174752_10151670776586888_1440231245_n.jpghttps://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1174752_10151670776591888_1945800545_n.jpg

Hard to say how many of those will make it out in 2014. It seems as though that list goes pretty far into the future, possibly the year after. Still, there's just as good a chance that all of them will.

The "LARP" figures are where I think this line starts to get into the whacky territory. Which, of course, is perfectly fine. :)

miru
09-19-2013, 08:54 PM
I wonder if we'll ever get a Build-a-Figure in the line. Traag, a proper-size Leatherhead, Justin, possibly Karai if they really think she'd never sell on her own...

Are comic book 2-packs a possibility (Marvel, Ben 10, Adventure Time, Sonic, DC, Star Wars, even such larger figures as TransFormers)?

Also, could Playmates make up characters just for the toy line like in the classic line (and to a much lesser extent the 2007 line)?

The Boston Ninja Turtle
09-22-2013, 07:44 PM
i think build a figure would be a nice addition especially for a bigger figure...it would force guys like me to buy the whole set if i really liked the figure

Toadtrooper
09-23-2013, 09:07 PM
It's a fast scene in the preview, but it looks like the Squirrelanoid figure is correctly human-sized. I don't know if I want more than one, but it's such a good sculpt I may have to reconsider.

http://i39.tinypic.com/i3cuiw.jpg

NinjaMan
09-23-2013, 09:53 PM
It's a fast scene in the preview, but it looks like the Squirrelanoid figure is correctly human-sized. I don't know if I want more than one, but it's such a good sculpt I may have to reconsider.

Nice find! Bigger than I thought it would be.

Darth Knuckles
09-24-2013, 05:25 AM

I know they are mutated squirrels or something but are these creatures also supposed to be an homage to the Pizza Monsters from the Original Cartoon?

miru
09-29-2013, 10:22 PM
There was a leak of a figure called Biotroid.

Chaotix12345
09-29-2013, 10:47 PM
I know they are mutated squirrels or something but are these creatures also supposed to be an homage to the Pizza Monsters from the Original Cartoon?

The Squirrelanoids are based on the Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise. The Pizza Monsters were also loosely based on those, so that's probably about the gist of their relation.

Gin Rummy
09-29-2013, 11:45 PM
The Mutagen Man figure looks awesome! Really excited for this.

weizie
09-30-2013, 05:20 AM
The Squirrelanoids are based on the Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise. The Pizza Monsters were also loosely based on those, so that's probably about the gist of their relation.
Loosely? They looked like big yellow xenomorphs. Especially when you compare them to.some of the aliens Toys from the cartoon.

Darth Knuckles
09-30-2013, 12:26 PM

Okay, thanks for the reply. Also interested in the Biotroid leak! There are going to be so many new mutants in Season 2 of the cartoon it appears.

raph27
10-01-2013, 07:17 AM
So I was thinking over the list.... Just like my prediction that the new Mutagen Turtles are new versions of the transforming figures, I was thinking deep cover...that'll be like spy gear. But wait! Just like with the others, we already had that! Deep cover....hmmm.......what if it's the Nick version of UNDERCOVER TURTLES! You know, with the trenchcoats and hats! mind=blown

blindturtle02
10-01-2013, 07:39 AM
I can't wait for Mutagen Man! Wish you could take him out of his containment suit this time around. I was never willing to break my 90's version when I was a kid just so I could get to the guts.

I really wish they'd make two packs like a pre and post mutation Dogpound two pack as well as one featuring Fishface. lol I'm probably the only guy who wants human versions of these bad guy mutants but ah well. Fun to dream.

Shark_Blade
10-01-2013, 08:23 AM
No, no. I want Xever and Rad Brad as well. :D We can dream.

Zulithe
10-01-2013, 01:36 PM
vadernoooooooooo.gif

Newtralizer & Splinter v2 Figures Delayed

We have had a number of you ask us what that status is for Playmates Toys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Newtralizer & Splinter v2 figures which we first showed you back in February during the New York Toy Fair. Originally these figures where supposed to be out by the end of the year, but after checking with the folks at Playmates Toys we have learned these two figures have been pushed back until Spring 2014. Newtralizer is a bounty hunter like character that really doesn't like the Kraang and first appeared in the Nickelodeon episode "Operation: Break Out." This second release of Splinter comes in a training type outfit and has a removable helmet. We will be sure to update you once we have a more specific release date for you.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21152

I hope this means they are retooling Splinter because I thought it looked like a pretty weak figure.

As for Newtralizer... was anticipating his figure A LOT, I just hope this doesn't mean they are altering it to make it 'more afordable' to produce and thus cheaper/crappier. The figure looked GREAT in the previews.

I'm sorry but if they are expecting people to pay $9-12 for a tiny ass android Kraang or April, they need to balance it with some larger/more detailed figures like newtralizer. It's only right! Playmates, DO NOT skimp on newty!

All this aside, I wonder what the REAL reason for the delay is? Are they not confident enough in their 2014 figure lineup and need Newtralizer to strengthen it? Did they feel they already overcrowded shelves in 2012/2013 with figures and don't want to release these two yet to give some breathing room for the holidays? Or, as I speculated, maybe they are considering some alterations to one or both figures? Who knows.

Donatello19
10-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Wow, that really sucks. Can't say that I was TOO excited for them, but still.

Zulithe
10-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Wow, that really sucks. Can't say that I was TOO excited for them, but still.

I was (and still am) -- Newtralizer has a great look to him, love a lot about his character... including his recently announced voice actor :P

I'm sure my fears of them skimping on the newtralizer figure are probably overblown... i mean, playmates must know what an important character this is to Ciro, they'd want to do right by him. Afterall they have him to thank for Nick TMNT being such a phenomenal success! We do know Ciro has a great love for action figures. He's posting pics of them on his facebook constantly!

Reputator
10-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I mean, how can you not be looking forward to Newtralizer? Aside from Cockroach Terminator and Leatherhead he's one of the more badass characters of the show so far.

If he ends up being an ally as the rumors suggest, he's the perfect counterpoint to Tiger Claw.
So I guess that dwindles the remaining 2013 line-up down to the battle shell turtles, Shred 2, and Bytes. A little disappointing, but no one can say 2013 isn't/wasn't a great year for figure releases.

raph27
10-01-2013, 05:17 PM
It's a hell lot better than being cancelled like I originally assumed. NOW WHERES OUR SHREDDER PLAY SET?

miru
10-01-2013, 09:52 PM
What about the wasp figure?

BigMike322
10-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Def like the old Mutagen Man better. Same goes for Metal Head. I do like Rat King's new look. But they really need to make Casey. I know he hasn't debuted yet but he's an essential character.

blindturtle02
10-01-2013, 10:14 PM
No, no. I want Xever and Rad Brad as well. :D We can dream.

Thank you! Sounds less crazy since someone else wants them too.

blindturtle02
10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
What about the wasp figure?

Yeah I want Waspie too! Since they made Cockroach Terminator, I can see it happening eventually.

BlisterStockboy
10-02-2013, 08:27 AM
They should still release a human series. Perhaps maybe a baddies 4 pack?

Xever, Chris Bradford, Baxter (not in the suit), and Karai?

blindturtle02
10-02-2013, 09:06 AM
They should still release a human series. Perhaps maybe a baddies 4 pack?

Xever, Chris Bradford, Baxter (not in the suit), and Karai?

I'd shell out the cash for that. Would anyone go for human versions of Snakeweed and Spiderbytes? And there's Hamato Yoshi to think about but I'm pretty sure we'll see that fig down the line. It'd also be cool to get a Kraang with synthflesh or whatever you call the skin covering their botbods.

OrokuYoshiFilms
10-02-2013, 09:20 AM
NOW WHERES OUR SHREDDER PLAYSET?

"Oh my brotha, testify!!!"

Jester
10-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm really surprised that Playmates hasn't gone back to the well of Mutatin' figures.

Discogod
10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm really surprised that Playmates hasn't gone back to the well of Mutatin' figures.

Give 'em time...

Reputator
10-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Give 'em time...

That's been confirmed. The year is uncertain, last I knew.

raph27
10-02-2013, 07:49 PM
That's been confirmed. The year is uncertain, last I knew.

Most likely, as I already said, the new Mutagen Turtles with ooze will be the new Mutatin' figures. I mean, they already did ooze costumes. What else could it be?

jdangerc
10-02-2013, 09:34 PM
So with Fishface and Dogpound released, do you think Bebop and Rocksteady will ever make it into the Nick series?

Slime State Alumni
10-03-2013, 03:27 AM
So with Fishface and Dogpound released, do you think Bebop and Rocksteady will ever make it into the Nick series?

Probably not unless it's some cameo when they introduce the OT turtles in the Nick universe.

Slime State Alumni
10-03-2013, 03:27 AM
I know the possibility is pretty small, but I'd like to see these villains in scale. I know retailers aren't keen on the idea, but I'm sure in five years time or so there will be a new niche market for them and a smaller company will be willing to take the risk.

In the meantime, I can't wait for Newtralizer.

Discogod
10-03-2013, 03:54 AM

Given that they're on the list of upcoming figures, I think there's a pretty good chance.

jdangerc
10-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Given that they're on the list of upcoming figures, I think there's a pretty good chance.

Really? What list? I know the are coming out in the "Classics" line but have not heard anything for the regular Nick line. I grew up on the OG Cartoon. When my son and I started watching the new cartoon, I was like, I don't remember any of this. Then I was told they are doing a "Eastman Laird" mix mash with new stuff. I never read the original series comic (they were always too expensive for me) so this is a fresh new thing for me to share with my son. I know I am ranting, but just cool stuff. Sorry for getting off topic.

blindturtle02
10-03-2013, 08:10 AM

I really hope we see them at some point. I'm curious as to how they'd be portrayed this time around personalitywise. I'd certainly buy figs of these two if they were included in the 2012 line.

Discogod
10-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Really? What list? I know the are coming out in the "Classics" line but have not heard anything for the regular Nick line. I grew up on the OG Cartoon. When my son and I started watching the new cartoon, I was like, I don't remember any of this. Then I was told they are doing a "Eastman Laird" mix mash with new stuff. I never read the original series comic (they were always too expensive for me) so this is a fresh new thing for me to share with my son. I know I am ranting, but just cool stuff. Sorry for getting off topic.

There's a list of upcoming figures taken from a store computer (Target, I think), which has listings for Bebop, Rocksteady and Rahzar figures, amongst others, in the basic Nick line.

Reputator
10-03-2013, 12:11 PM
There's a list of upcoming figures taken from a store computer (Target, I think), which has listings for Bebop, Rocksteady and Rahzar figures, amongst others, in the basic Nick line.

It's been posted on the first page of this thread, in fact.

Included among those is a listing for a robotic foot soldier, which I'm pretty psyched to see.

boywonder26
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Rahzar-as in movie 2 Rahzar?

raph27
10-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Yep.:tgrin:

billbot85
10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
It's a hell lot better than being cancelled like I originally assumed. NOW WHERES OUR SHREDDER PLAY SET?

"Oh my brotha, testify!!!"

If they do make one, it better include the swimming pool and let you fill it with water :tgrin:

MST3KFan
10-08-2013, 03:54 AM
I'm going to assume we'll be seeing a lot of new stuff once the second season gets rolling soon.

If we don't get a Technodrome playset, I'd be surprised. Of course, who knows if the Technodrome might not get more changes done to it over the season. Maybe it'll slowly start to resemble the 80s toon more with tank treads or something. Who knows.

As far as new figures. I think we've got a lot coming, just that a number might be spoilers unless they go like the original toyline and start making more original characters that never appear in the cartoon.

miru
10-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I wonder what would happen if Playmates went like the original toyline and made characters who would never be in the show? Also, I suspect Biotroid was a Playmates design.

Turtleintime345
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
I Send Playmates A E-Mail Asking When The Shredder Playset Is Coming Out, They Responded And Said It Will Come Out Spring 2014:tgrin:

OrokuYoshiFilms
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I Send Playmates A E-Mail Asking When The Shredder Playset Is Coming Out, They Responded And Said It Will Come Out Spring 2014:tgrin:

Whew! That was close....(not that it matters but) I was gonna be PISSED if Playmates canceled it.

Turtleintime345
10-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I Was Gonna Be mad also! And I was Going To ask about biotroid, but decided not to.

Turtleintime345
10-10-2013, 01:51 PM
I Just Got Another Email, They Said There Has Been A Change, Both The Basic Battle Shell Turtles And Newtralizer Are In The Next Wave,And They Said The Battle Shells are 2013 releases, Newtralizer Is Now 2013!! EVERYBODY DANCE!!!!:D

AdamWarlock87
10-10-2013, 02:11 PM
I didnt know where to post this but does anyone know the reason that the actual figures paint jobs look different than the prototype figures on the backs of the cards? Is it just cheaper for playmates to omit the paint details on the figures themselves, or is it just bad QC? examples are the belt on dogpound, cockroach terminators saw, and spider bytez nails.

Discogod
10-10-2013, 02:28 PM
I didnt know where to post this but does anyone know the reason that the actual figures paint jobs look different than the prototype figures on the backs of the cards? Is it just cheaper for playmates to omit the paint details on the figures themselves, or is it just bad QC? examples are the belt on dogpound, cockroach terminators saw, and spider bytez nails.

The photos on the boxes are usually hand-painted prototypes. A lot of the time, it's too difficult or costly to translate those paintjobs to the final figures - every paint app needs a metal "mask" to be tooled up, and the more paint apps there are, the more masks need to be made and the more expensive the whole process is.

NinjaMan
10-10-2013, 02:39 PM
I Just Got Another Email, They Said There Has Been A Change, Both The Basic Battle Shell Turtles And Newtralizer Are In The Next Wave,And They Said The Battle Shells are 2013 releases, Newtralizer Is Now 2013!! EVERYBODY DANCE!!!!:D

Awesome news thanks!

Zulithe
10-10-2013, 02:47 PM

WOW no way!!! this is fantastic news. I can't wait to get the battle shells and newtralizer

anyone else really impressed with the output playmates has had this year? they released A LOT of figures, roleplay stuff, etc. it's been a nice steady stream

wonder if they can top it in 2014? :)

AdamWarlock87
10-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks Discogod!

raph27
10-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I also did and they said it was put on hold and is not scheduled for release. Don't know what is up with your info.

Sorry but I doubt Newtralizer will come out this year. Just sayin.

EDIT: emailed Playmates...Paula said both Newtralizer and Battle Shells have no real date except 2014.

Teal Turtle
10-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Do the Dojo 12" figures come out this year or next?

DJSoulPole
10-13-2013, 11:12 AM
They are in stores now.

Luigiperps
10-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Do the Dojo 12" figures come out this year or next?

I saw them yesterday

snake
10-13-2013, 12:37 PM
2014 looks great. I can't wait for everything to come out.

Teal Turtle
10-14-2013, 11:30 AM
They are in stores now.

I saw them yesterday

Thanks guys :tcool: how did they look?

DVD
10-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Keeping an eye out for the Dojo figures over here. I really want those.
I know nothing about a release date for Newtralizer, and unless TRU are going to sit on the Battle Shells for three months, they will on the pegs in four weeks.

Cowabungawolf89
10-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Gonna get my hands on those battle shells

snake
10-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Has Wasp been cancelled? I'll email Playmates tommorow.

raph27
10-16-2013, 09:07 PM
I wonder if Turflytle will be released, buzz buzz. It would be a fun variant, buzz buzz. I also wonder if Playmates will make the Turtles with gliders. (...and helmets?) Would it be a whole new set or just a glider pack to strap onto the Battle Shells?

rip32zity
10-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Im pretty sure in 2014 playmates is coming out with a new undercover fig.. Cant wait!!

raph27
10-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Im pretty sure in 2014 playmates is coming out with a new undercover fig.. Cant wait!!

Yeah, I'm guessing that's what the "Deep Cover" Turtles are.

rip32zity
10-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing that's what the "Deep Cover" Turtles are.

Thats what im hoping and i want it to have more of the cgi look to it imo.

billbot85
10-17-2013, 10:44 PM
I forget, are we gonna be getting a Casey Jones figure in 2014?

Powder
10-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Playmates did say there would be one, but that's all. No idea on timing or anything like that.

MaxGoof
10-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Is the Turtles in Training Michelangelo/Raphael pack shipping to Target stores? I've seen the Donatello/Leonardo Training pack at four separate Targets, but never the Mikey/Raph pack. I like to shop for packs with good paint so I don't want to buy off Amazon, but I don't understand why the other Training set seems to be super-common in stores and the Mikey/Raph set non-existent?

MisterMiracle
10-19-2013, 12:06 AM
So Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash, AND Rahzar on the list for 2014??? Niiiiice!

rip32zity
10-19-2013, 12:35 AM
So Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash, AND Rahzar on the list for 2014??? Niiiiice!

Didnt know slash was coming out thats great

Cowabungawolf89
10-23-2013, 01:27 PM
We'll probably see Casey Jones and Karai figures debut at Toy Fair 2014

go_ninja84
10-23-2013, 02:31 PM
anybody seen Spider Bytez in Michigan yet?

FoxZerro
10-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Is the Turtles in Training Michelangelo/Raphael pack shipping to Target stores? I've seen the Donatello/Leonardo Training pack at four separate Targets, but never the Mikey/Raph pack. I like to shop for packs with good paint so I don't want to buy off Amazon, but I don't understand why the other Training set seems to be super-common in stores and the Mikey/Raph set non-existent?

Target is where I picked up my Mike and Raph NiT set and that was back in the days when we thought only Leo and Don were saw so they are definitely available there, just stay patient you'll find them soon

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
10-24-2013, 01:29 AM
All of the 2013 figures are either out, or coming out in the next month or two...so I figured it's time for a new thread. TNI has released official pictures of the three upcoming figures...Kirby Bat, Mutagen Man, and Squirrelanoid. These will be out in the Spring of 2014.
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Playmates%2FTMNT_Basic_Wave_Spring_14&pic=90541_BasicMutagenMan.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=21086

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Playmates/TMNT_Basic_Wave_Spring_14/90541_BasicMutagenMan__scaled_600.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Playmates/TMNT_Basic_Wave_Spring_14/90532_BasicKirbyBat__scaled_600.jpg

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Playmates/TMNT_Basic_Wave_Spring_14/90542_BasicSquirrelanoid__scaled_600.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I can't WAIT for the Squirrelanoid! And all of them for that matter but I just love that design.

TheBlueTurtle1
10-25-2013, 02:28 AM
Those 3 figs look great!

PhatRam32
10-25-2013, 10:07 PM
So what ever happened to Shredder's Lair? Is that playset pusehd back to 2014?

snake
10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
So what ever happened to Shredder's Lair? Is that playset pusehd back to 2014?

Yup, along with Newtrailzer and Splinter 2.

miru
10-27-2013, 10:04 AM
I wonder why they're making a Biotroid toy to begin with. It's not like a whole episode was based around him, not was it extremely popular or reccuring.

Discogod
10-27-2013, 10:25 AM
I wonder why they're making a Biotroid toy to begin with. It's not like a whole episode was based around him, not was it extremely popular or reccuring.

Because it looks cool.

Colonel Schrader
10-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Hope the krang on the biotroid head is solid plastic and not that soft rubbery **** that will just break off after a while, like the krang figure.

Powder
10-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Where was it said they're making a Biotroid figure?

Colonel Schrader
10-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Where was it said they're making a Biotroid figure?

In that computer list thing, that guy who gives us screen shots of the upcoming figs.. It was listed there.

FoxZerro
10-27-2013, 07:27 PM

I think it's a way for then to produce another Kraang figure that makes up for the one they initially released. Plus in a way it harkens back to Krang's Android Body from the OT. Finally there is the fact that we are only two episodes into the season we don't know if biotroids will make more appearances as the season progresses as new soldier type for the Kraang, which would make sense since they've already designed the character and I could definitely see more application for it in future episodes

Also Butt-Cannons!

Cowabungawolf89
10-28-2013, 01:12 AM
I hope we get smaller versions of the Dojo figures just like we got smaller versions of the battle shell turtles. I'm probably the only one that wants this but oh well :)

Ninjinister
10-28-2013, 01:30 AM
In that computer list thing, that guy who gives us screen shots of the upcoming figs.. It was listed there.

Yeah, he gave us the name Biotroid before we even knew what that was (though some correctly guessed it was the yeti robot thing from The Mutation Situation).

Donatello19
10-31-2013, 02:31 PM
http://playmatestoys.com/brands/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/toys/action-figures/basic

Playmates has updated their site with official picture of the basic battle shells. Really pisses me off how they show them with colored mouths while they don't have that paint app in the final versions.

Zulithe
10-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Feels good to look at the new page and know I own all of the figs already :3

Bring on the 2014 figs. My wallet is always open Playmates!

tommyday
10-31-2013, 03:17 PM

I just found Raph/Mikey at Target yesterday.

DVD
10-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Feels good to look at the new page and know I own all of the figs already :3

Bring on the 2014 figs. My wallet is always open Playmates!

Agreed.
It's also nice to know that we can, for a while at least, be ahead of Playmates website! :lol:

I can't see any new figures before 2014. That's a shame with the Christmas sales coming. I guess playmates are just counting in the existing product to be purchased as prezzies.

DVD
10-31-2013, 04:11 PM
I stand corrected.
I flipped threw the site. There are two sets of four figures I don't have.
The Dojo Turtles and the Throw N Battle Turtles. Gotta keep an eye and an ear out for these guys.
I'd guess then, that we will get a regular scale set of the Dojos at some point next year.

MrTMNT2012
10-31-2013, 04:13 PM
EVERYONE should go vote TMNT for Hall of Toy awards!

It's almost beating My Little Pony, COME ON! :D

PhatRam32
11-03-2013, 01:37 AM
What are the chances we get the more than just the 6 re-issue of the 80s figures from playmates? Have not heard if they will be making more or not in 2014.

Powder
11-03-2013, 01:42 AM
I wouldn't bank on it, personally. I doubt they're selling all that well given they were already re-released in 2009, and now they're considerably more expensive.

Donatello19
11-03-2013, 08:30 PM
According to the Target flyer I got today, the dojo figures and turtle hand disk launcher will be their exclusives...also, it seems like all of the armor on the dojo figures is removable.

Candy Kappa
11-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Kirbybat looks so freaking silly, and yay. More figures with minimal articulation.

The sculpt of squirrelanoid looks very nice though.

OrokuYoshiFilms
11-04-2013, 08:48 AM
This may not mean a lot to you guys but, is it just me or does Basic Battle Shell Raph not have the separated fingers to put the sai prong in between? I always thought that was cool when I was kid to see Raph do that and I loved that I could do that with the original(Nick) Basic Raph. I even x-acto-ed an extra slit in the other hand so I could do that with both hands.

I really like the design of the new Basic Battle Shells, but I wish I could get them without the Battle Shell. I never was big on that even as a kid. Since I already have the original Basics, these will become my All-red-Mirage-styled turtles! Can't wait to snag 'em!

Donatello19
11-04-2013, 01:50 PM
This may not mean a lot to you guys but, is it just me or does Basic Battle Shell Raph not have the separated fingers to put the sai prong in between? I always thought that was cool when I was kid to see Raph do that and I loved that I could do that with the original(Nick) Basic Raph. I even x-acto-ed an extra slit in the other hand so I could do that with both hands.

I really like the design of the new Basic Battle Shells, but I wish I could get them without the Battle Shell. I never was big on that even as a kid. Since I already have the original Basics, these will become my All-red-Mirage-styled turtles! Can't wait to snag 'em!

I reeeally hope he has the slit in his finger...but, Playmates..

DVD
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
No, he doesn't. One hand has a slight cut out at the fingers but the hand is solid.
In the pose on the pack he is depicted as holding the handle in a full fist.
I also checked my classic Storage Shell, and Raph does have one hand with split fingers !

CansecoBat
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I really like the design of the new Basic Battle Shells, but I wish I could get them without the Battle Shell. I never was big on that even as a kid. Since I already have the original Basics!
Why don't you just pop the new toon accurate Battle Shell head sculpts off and put them on the original basic set's bodies? They are interchangeable like that if I remember reading correct in a review. Same will be done for Shredder, the basic body was more posable.

OrokuYoshiFilms
11-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Why don't you just pop the new toon accurate Battle Shell head sculpts off and put them on the original basic set's bodies? They are interchangeable like that if I remember reading correct in a review. Same will be done for Shredder, the basic body was more posable.

...because the entire figure is different, which I like. I like the more cartoon-y sharp lines/edges in the sculpts of the new ones which match the heads. I don't even think those heads would look that great on the originals as they have so much detail in the skin texture and overall sculpt.

Cowabungawolf89
11-05-2013, 01:13 AM
when do the new battle shell turtles come out again? I know Pixel Dan got his early so he can do a review on them but what is the official release date?

Candy Kappa
11-05-2013, 01:50 AM

because they are of completely different design and looks incredibly silly.

The basics are very detailed and textured while the Battle Shell's are super smooth like the CG models.

it's like putting "Beware of the Batman" batman action figures head on "Dark Knight Returns" Batman Figures body.

ninjor 9
11-07-2013, 07:18 PM
just got a spider bytes figure , not sure if anyone has said this but ive seen better quality happy meal toys ,cool to have but for $10 its a hollow happy meal toy ... even has a screw in its back . seems cheap to me ?

Butuking
11-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Not sure if it's been said or discussed before, but has there been any sightings if Classics Bebop and Rocksteady? If not, what's the word on when they'll hit retail?

Drose18
11-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Any news on a karai figure?

FoxZerro
11-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Not sure why everybody is saying that you can't put the sais through Battle Shell Raph's fingers. Here is a photo of mine doing it and I have made no modifications to the figure

Donatello19
11-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Not sure why everybody is saying that you can't put the sais through Battle Shell Raph's fingers. Here is a photo of mine doing it and I have made no modifications to the figure

We were actually wondering IF he still had the feature, as we hadn't seen it in any pictures yet. It seems like he's actually improved though, as now he can do it with both hands. That figure looks great...really wish I could find the battle shells already.

raph27
11-09-2013, 08:24 AM
We were actually wondering IF he still had the feature, as we hadn't seen it in any pictures yet. It seems like he's actually improved though, as now he can do it with both hands. That figure looks great...really wish I could find the battle shells already.
I know....I sold my wave 1 turtles to cover the cost of these so now I have no turtles.:tsad:
(But I'm STILL looking for Raph and Mikey toddlers! I've seen Shredder 2, Spider Bytez, Mousers, and Leo and Don but I STILL CAN'T FIND RAPH AND MIKEY!)

snake
11-09-2013, 10:40 AM
My stores haven't gotten in Spyder Bytes in yet :ohwell:

Powder
11-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Ditto... and of all the new stuff he's pretty much the only one I want. Hope to find him soon!

raph27
11-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I just got the Raph and Mikey set at Walmart!
VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICTORRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

miru
11-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Any news on a karai figure?

They said she was considered for the 2014 line-up.

MST3KFan
11-09-2013, 03:49 PM
They said she was considered for the 2014 line-up.

Considered? She's kind of a main character, I'd hope Playmates would get to her soon here. If we get Pigeon Pete before her in figure form there's something seriously wrong going on.

FoxZerro
11-09-2013, 04:03 PM

My bad must have misread one of the posts. I thought someone had said that the battle shells Raph still couldn't do it and that they had to cut a slit for it.

Anyway glad to help... And yes it is great both of them can hold the sai quite nicely and it's very secure as said between fingers is how I have him posed all day at work

psychturtle
11-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Omg another karai toy post:teek:

Donatello19
11-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Ditto... and of all the new stuff he's pretty much the only one I want. Hope to find him soon!

Whaaaaat? How could you not want Shredder 2 and the battle shell turtles? :P

DVD
11-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Well you aren't too happy with the Battle Shells! Hahaha!
Not everybody wants everything. I am not one of those people .

I guess of all the newer releases, the spidey is the most, unique.

Powder
11-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Whaaaaat? How could you not want Shredder 2 and the battle shell turtles? :P

Oh I totally want those, I just mean as far as secondary characters are concerned. I've passed on Cockroach Terminator, Rat King, and kinda wish I hadn't gotten Baxter & Leatherhead to be honest. Did get those Mousers recently though, who could resist? :tsmile:

miru
11-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Considered? She's kind of a main character, I'd hope Playmates would get to her soon here. If we get Pigeon Pete before her in figure form there's something seriously wrong going on.

Or god forbid, a JUSTIN figure.

MST3KFan
11-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Or god forbid, a JUSTIN figure.

Pizza Delivery Guy: The Action Figure!

Donatello19
11-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Oh I totally want those, I just mean as far as secondary characters are concerned. I've passed on Cockroach Terminator, Rat King, and kinda wish I hadn't gotten Baxter & Leatherhead to be honest. Did get those Mousers recently though, who could resist? :tsmile:

Oh, I see. I'm one of those kind of people who buys almost every character, well, except turtle variants...except the battle shells...see what I mean? :lol: And yes, the Mousers are awesome. A 7 pack was just such a great idea, wish they'd do that with Kraang brains.

Powder
11-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I've always been that same kind of person, and don't get me wrong- I love the character designs and stuff. It's just that I feel the quality of many of these figures is so poor that I can't justify buying them, especially when I've got bills to pay & stuff.

Cowabungawolf89
11-12-2013, 10:27 AM
I would love some IDW style turtle as figures too. Duncan's style

VaughnMichael
11-12-2013, 12:02 PM
I've always been that same kind of person, and don't get me wrong- I love the character designs and stuff. It's just that I feel the quality of many of these figures is so poor that I can't justify buying them, especially when I've got bills to pay & stuff.
I'm with you 100% and with the attitudes I see some people who work on this stuff taking towards fans it's not helping me want to continue buying toys that break and have sloppy paint.

snake
11-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Casey!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21388

Donatello19
11-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Casey!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21388

We've known for a while.

miru
11-17-2013, 09:44 PM
I personally feel it's too late for them to make Pigeon Pete, Monkey Brains, Human DP/FF, or possibly Ms. Campbell anymore.

psychturtle
11-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Can't wait to get Rahzar

kamakazimonkey
11-18-2013, 03:25 AM
i cant wait for karai and rahzar they are going to be supa dupa dope :tgrin:

Jeff
11-22-2013, 02:46 PM
I personally feel it's too late for them to make Pigeon Pete, Monkey Brains, Human DP/FF, or possibly Ms. Campbell anymore.

i'd agree if it didnt take a year from spider bytez last appearance (sans intro) before his figure came out.

Rukitron
11-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Crossing my fingers for a large and basic turtles articulated Slash, but they rarely treat co-stars well. At the very least I hope he's big and hefty like Dogpound was.

tmntgoldcoin
11-23-2013, 12:34 PM
now that the battle shell turtles are out, do you think the original 4 turtles will finally stop shipping. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Rukitron
11-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I think the battle shells are still treated as gimmick figures and will probably not replace basics.

LittleBlueHero
11-25-2013, 03:52 PM
I knew the minute I saw the armor on last weekends episode that that was going to be Chrome Dome.

I don't know about all of you but the original Chrome Dome figure was one of my favorites as a kid. I would love to see him get made into a figure again this time around.

What also might be sweet is that if somehow the mutagen reacted similarly to the way it did with cockroach terminator and Chrome Dome became sentient. and somehow even more badass looking... though he was still awesome.

Metalwolf
11-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Can't wait to get RahzarMe too, he's the only figure I might end up getting. :lol:

IMJ
11-25-2013, 10:54 PM
I think the battle shells are still treated as gimmick figures and will probably not replace basics.

Exactly. I know that figures like the battle shells help keep a line going, but I don't buy figures anymore unless the represent the most pure form of a character, or unless it's a variant that was relevant somehow.

Also, as awesome as the Nick-line has been - the scale these figures are being produced in is awful. They need to add BAF's very badly. Leatherhead is a great example. How awful is that toy?

Rukitron
11-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Leatherhead is great with the lego mini figures... His articulation is super basic.
I wish they at least gave him chomping jaws.

I own both basic and battle shell. I got battle shell so I could have a set of turtles at my sister's place and the articulation is a little improved over the basics. Just wish the quality control was better...

***First of Two Latin Kings***
11-26-2013, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't bank on it, personally. I doubt they're selling all that well given they were already re-released in 2009, and now they're considerably more expensive.

There is a picture of a Foot Soldier as part of one of the prize packs on what used to be that "Turtles Vs. Foot" thing on SocialToaster.

zaktheneutrino
11-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Would love to see a Chrome Dome figure. That's the first thing that I thought of when he appeared in this past weekends episode. Can't wait to see Slash this weekend and I'll be surprised if we don't see a Slash figure in late 2014.

raph27
11-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Exactly. I know that figures like the battle shells help keep a line going, but I don't buy figures anymore unless the represent the most pure form of a character, or unless it's a variant that was relevant somehow.
Also, as awesome as the Nick-line has been - the scale these figures are being produced in is awful. They need to add BAF's very badly. Leatherhead is a great example. How awful is that toy?
All these figures are out of scale:
Splinter
Metalhead
Dogpound
Snakeweed
Spider Bytez
Leatherhead
And figures that I just know will be out of scale:
Squirrelanoid
Rahzar
Slash

Rukitron
11-26-2013, 07:16 PM
You just named the most of the figures in the line...

I think build a figures might be too pricy, but maybe instead of doing the slightly pricier gimmick figures, they could do a line for bigger characters called Mega Mutants or something or just throw some in with the turtles for variety.

raph27
11-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I just had a genius thought. The $10 Shredder and Mikey on the list.... we thought they were retro rereleases but TRU has those exclusively.

What if they are Michael Bay movie figs? :fshifty:

tmnt transformer
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM
You just named the most of the figures in the line...

I think build a figures might be too pricy, but maybe instead of doing the slightly pricier gimmick figures, they could do a line for bigger characters called Mega Mutants or something or just throw some in with the turtles for variety.

That sounds too smart for playmates....

IMJ
11-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Would love to see a Chrome Dome figure. That's the first thing that I thought of when he appeared in this past weekends episode. Can't wait to see Slash this weekend and I'll be surprised if we don't see a Slash figure in late 2014.

A Chrome Dome could be a two for one - he looks like Bradford in his Shredder-for-copy suit.

NinjaMan
11-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Slash was confirmed in a Walmart listing.:)

Rukitron
11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
A Chrome Dome could be a two for one - he looks like Bradford in his Shredder-for-copy suit.

Chrome Dome could easily be an army builder of higher end foot soldiers too. Since comic book higher end foot grunts share the same attire as him and Bradford.

Slime State Alumni
11-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Is Metalhead really that out of scale?

garsh
11-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Yes, the figure is as tall as Michelangelo and he should be almost as short as half of Donatello's height.

darthwahl56
11-28-2013, 12:41 AM

Even though he is out of scale I still love the figure. I just wish the figure had more gimmicks than a missile coming out the arm. He should have attachments that look like the TV show did when it sprung out everything Don had given it. Awesome stuff.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130505145658/tmnt2012series/images/4/45/Tmnt_n_mhed8.jpg

IMJ
11-28-2013, 03:14 PM
All these figures are out of scale:
Splinter
Metalhead
Dogpound
Snakeweed
Spider Bytez
Leatherhead
And figures that I just know will be out of scale:
Squirrelanoid
Rahzar
Slash

Yup.... exactly. I think it just goes to show how Playmates has really dropped the ball on this line. At first I didn't care because when the cartoon was launched I remember buying the first wave of figs for like 6.99 each and being very impressed with the articulation and sculpts at that price.

But now, they are 9 bucks a pop, and the scale is off on all of them, and the articulation is diminishing. Spider Bitz for example? That is a pathetic action figure. It's basically a fully rotocast toy - it's like one of those toys that most of us older collectors would get from a vending machine as a kid and sort of scoff at. His only real articulation is at the shoulders IIRC.

We all know about the first Shredder edition. I thought the first wave from this line set a new precedent, but as the line is proceeding it's actually diminishing in quality.

Also, this observation is separate from the toy line, but it's sort of driving me nuts that nearly every new mutant in the show is screeching Frankenstein monster without any voice or dialog, and they are all like 10 feet tall. What happened to the more anthropomorphic approach, both in appearance and personality? I love the show and the line but that doesn't mean these aren't very valid criticisms.

Rukitron
11-28-2013, 10:03 PM
A good chunk of the freakier mutants are more like monster of the day, hopefully we'll get some more nicer looking ones down the line too. But yeah, I don't really think Kirby Bat will be a character that sells much.

The line's quality control issue has been a little bit of a problem, since I've had to return and exchange figures a few times til I get a good one.

IMJ
11-29-2013, 03:14 AM

A good chunk of the freakier mutants are more like monster of the day, hopefully we'll get some more nicer looking ones down the line too. But yeah, I don't really think Kirby Bat will be a character that sells much.

The line's quality control issue has been a little bit of a problem, since I've had to return and exchange figures a few times til I get a good one.

Funny how in that instance no one wants to call him "Wingnut".

Powder
11-29-2013, 05:45 AM
Probably because he's not Wingnut. :trolleye:

Jester
11-29-2013, 06:01 AM
"Can I call THIS one Wingnut?"
"Ok...fine..."

Slimer Joel
11-29-2013, 09:01 AM
I didn't really like the idea of Kirby Bat so I don't think I'll be picking him up.

Mutagen Man looks pretty good, just hoping his insides are detailed and not just a hunk of plastic with poorly painted eyes.

The Squirrelanoid seems to be the gem of the trio. Definitely looking forward to him.

Rukitron
11-29-2013, 11:57 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdusohtnTV1r2nvplo1_500.jpg
Maybe Kirby Bat will double dip in mutagen and become the Wingnut seen in this Derrick Wyatt concept art.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2013, 12:09 AM
I just realized the Foot Soldiers have red eyes. They could easily pass as the robot Foot all along.

Zulithe
11-30-2013, 01:50 AM
Maybe Kirby Bat will double dip in mutagen and become the Wingnut seen in this Derrick Wyatt concept art.

That's been my hope. I really hope it's the case cause I don't really like Kirby Bat's design. This would be much cooler.

Rukitron
11-30-2013, 03:04 AM
I got a baaaaad feeling Kirby bat will shelf warm along with Dog Pound and some of the other non-turtle or Mouser characters.

Zulithe
11-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Fish Face is a cool design and figure. Dogpound does shelfwarm, it's one of the worst offenders. Kirby Bat will definitely be a poor seller. Not saying that because I want it to happen. Wingnut would be way better.

I'm not convinced that Dogpound's second mutation into Rahzar was planned from the start. I think it's a reaction to the poor reception of the design and/or figure sales. And it was the right choice!

Powder
11-30-2013, 04:43 AM
DP would prolly sell a hell of a lot better if it wasn't painted so poorly. :(

raph27
11-30-2013, 08:33 AM
DP would prolly sell a hell of a lot better if it wasn't painted so poorly. :(
After I got Fishface I wanted Dogpound, but after he turned into Rahzar I have no intention to buy him. No poorly painted doggies for me.

NinjaMan
11-30-2013, 09:57 AM
I can't wait till Newtralizer is released.

Rukitron
11-30-2013, 10:41 AM
I'll get Newtralizer even if his scale is gonna be off and he only has basic articulation. We'll be lucky if he gets blessed with knees or elbows.

miru
11-30-2013, 12:21 PM
I wonder if KirbyBat will be a sort of "limited edition" figure.

MST3KFan
11-30-2013, 01:46 PM

If not, he's definitely going to be filling in a lot of shelf space that's for sure. He just seems like a bad choice to make a figure of given the limited screen time and how 'meh' he comes off.

I'm more curious as to how Rahzar will look in toy form given how tiny his lower torso and leg joints are in the cartoon. He's so stick thin in places.

Rukitron
11-30-2013, 02:00 PM

In general co-stars have the least figures floating around and turtles along with their silly gimmick/themed variants take up most of the case count. So we're looking about 1-2 Kirby bats per case if Playmates was smart.

Slime State Alumni
11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
If not, he's definitely going to be filling in a lot of shelf space that's for sure. He just seems like a bad choice to make a figure of given the limited screen time and how 'meh' he comes off.

I'm more curious as to how Rahzar will look in toy form given how tiny his lower torso and leg joints are in the cartoon. He's so stick thin in places.

What kills me is that I know he won't be in-scale nor will he look exactly like the cartoon character. Oh well.

Nick Kell
12-01-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm really digging the Battle Shell Turtles. Is this the first time Playmates has really nailed the look of the Turtles during a cartoon's original run?

They're all up on Amazon this morning for more than retail, except Leo, who is only $8.99 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GO9GXUC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GO9GXUC&linkCode=as2&tag=pasfa-20

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wL4dcAlaL._SY450_.jpg

raph27
12-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm really digging the Battle Shell Turtles. Is this the first time Playmates has really nailed the look of the Turtles during a cartoon's original run?
Original run? This is the first time they've made accurate Turtles!:tlol::tlol::tlol: the Classic Collection OT turtles are not accurate. Mirage ones were made by NECA, not Playmates. Maaaaaaaaaaybe you could argue they made accurate 2007 movie figures. Just maybe.

IMJ
12-01-2013, 09:32 PM

"Can I call THIS one Wingnut?"
"Ok...fine..."

Yup. Powder puff roll's eyes as a Turtle Master with 12,000 posts, but apparently doesn't watch the show. Exactly.

Powder
12-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Find one current TMNT toy whose name is incorrect.

If you're happy being wrong, that's your problem, not mine.

IMJ
12-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Find one current TMNT toy whose name is incorrect.

This post doesn't even make sense. And if you are implying that the name on the toy packaging is canon over the show, that's even weirder and also irrelevant because it's stated outright in the show that the character is Wingnut, or is at least this continuity's nod to Wingnut at this point in time.

If you're happy being wrong, that's your problem, not mine.

It's not about being right or wrong. It's about going by the evidence and discussing it. As evidenced by the line in the episode that the character appears in, as delivered by the in-show's humorous naming convention, this is this continuity's Wingnut at the moment.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/IMJ/Banners%20Avatars/avatar4543_25gif_zps97598eb1.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/IMJ/media/Banners%20Avatars/avatar4543_25gif_zps97598eb1.jpg.html)
Right back atcha

Zulithe
12-01-2013, 11:39 PM

They're all up on Amazon this morning for more than retail, except Leo, who is only $8.99 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GO9GXUC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GO9GXUC&linkCode=as2&tag=pasfa-20

Leo is the only one at 8.99 as I write this but they keep changing the prices. I've seen them all for 8.99 over the course of the last week on there. I've seen some Nick figs for 7.99 today too, but I don't think these battle shells were among them.

Right now Rat King and Leatherhead are 7.99 but earlier I saw more than that. It pays to check prices often, especially on amazon. I keep all of them in a wishlist that way it's easy to check regularly at a glance.

Powder
12-01-2013, 11:54 PM
it's stated outright in the show that the character is Wingnut, or is at least this continuity's nod to Wingnut at this point in time.

It's not "stated outright" in the show. Mikey used that 'name' as an insult. It's a nod, sure, but nothing more as far as most of us are concerned.

This is supposed to be Wingnut as we will eventually see him.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2vjubyf.jpg

& why exactly did you go to the effort of saving my avatar, uploading it to your photobucket, and using it to reply to me?

CyberCubed
12-02-2013, 12:05 AM
April's dad is not Wingnut. It was a joke.

Rukitron
12-02-2013, 12:14 AM
The Wingnut pic we've seen is just concept art, but no idea if that's the final.

DVD
12-02-2013, 03:38 AM
Maybe Aprils dad goes thru a second mutation, ala DogPound , to become Wingnut. However, as I recall, Wingnut was an alien. So, maybe not.

Rukitron
12-02-2013, 02:57 PM
The Dogpound Double Dip Dilemma has broken a new can of ooze...

Wonder what dx figures we get after the flipping ones.

MST3KFan
12-02-2013, 03:51 PM
The Dogpound Double Dip Dilemma has broken a new can of ooze...

Wonder what dx figures we get after the flipping ones.

I'm more curious as to when we'll start seeing 'Mutations' figures like we got in the original and 2003 toylines. I'd expect to see all four turtles, maybe Slash, Splinter, Dogpound (or maybe Rahzar) and Fishface.

Timmetry
12-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Maybe Aprils dad goes thru a second mutation, ala DogPound , to become Wingnut. However, as I recall, Wingnut was an alien. So, maybe not.

And Rahzar was a baby wolf. Things change.

miru
12-02-2013, 05:36 PM
And Rahzar was a baby wolf. Things change.
Leatherhead was at one point a human.

Rukitron
12-02-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm more curious as to when we'll start seeing 'Mutations' figures like we got in the original and 2003 toylines. I'd expect to see all four turtles, maybe Slash, Splinter, Dogpound (or maybe Rahzar) and Fishface.

How would a Xever to Fishface toy work?
The obvious is: turtles, probably Splinter and Shredder since they wouldn't be too complex.
Now if only we got the ones where they became vehicles again. I really wanted Road Ready Splinter who becomes the Party Wagon.

Colonel Schrader
12-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Leatherhead was at one point a human.

No he was not...

Jester
12-02-2013, 07:58 PM
No he was not...
In the Archie comics, he was. He was a man named Jess Harley.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Leatherhead_(Archie)
v3rhQc666Sg

Colonel Schrader
12-02-2013, 09:29 PM
In the Archie comics, he was. He was a man named Jess Harley.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Leatherhead_(Archie)
v3rhQc666Sg

yes but i thought this thread was for the nick 2014 figs.. i was only talkin about the nick leatherhead, and mutagen double dipping characters.. I did not read the past few pages so did not know you guys were talking about old stuff..

Jester
12-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Point taken. People were mentioning changes from the norm (Rhazar never started as a mutant dog-man, so why can't Wingnut not be an alien), and Miru seems to have been using his new found info as a complete non sequitur that is only tangentially related to the point at hand. my apologies.

DVD
12-04-2013, 03:11 AM
My latest vehicle.
This is pretty cool.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1z5qcg3.jpg

Ugagerman
12-04-2013, 02:09 PM
My latest vehicle.
This is pretty cool.

That looks really nice. I can't wait till it comes to the US!!

marcelangelo
12-04-2013, 04:30 PM
hahaha, wow this is amazing!;)I didn't expect this vehicle to be out already?!?!?!what s the deal with that?what else do you already got?casey jones? mutagen man?please share pic if you can of any stuff thats unusual...

raph27
12-04-2013, 06:24 PM
"Rolls on land, submerges in water?" Is there a water feature?:tgrin:

IMJ
12-04-2013, 08:12 PM
It's not "stated outright" in the show. Mikey used that 'name' as an insult. It's a nod, sure, but nothing more as far as most of us are concerned.

This is supposed to be Wingnut as we will eventually see him.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2vjubyf.jpg

This would be an interesting addition if they use it....

& why exactly did you go to the effort of saving my avatar, uploading it to your photobucket, and using it to reply to me?

It's a sassy avatar, so I was just giving it back to ya to be silly. -facepalms- Good grief.

Rukitron
12-04-2013, 08:27 PM
My latest vehicle.
This is pretty cool.

now you totally have to do a review.
By "submerging" do they mean it can go up and down or is it just a fancy word for sinking?

Zulithe
12-04-2013, 09:16 PM
My latest vehicle.
This is pretty cool.

Been waiting for this one!!! Wonder if it'll show in the USA before Christmas.

Jester
12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
So...ate the 12 in. Dojo Turtles Target exclusives?

Zulithe
12-04-2013, 10:00 PM
So...ate the 12 in. Dojo Turtles Target exclusives?

According to Target yes. Timed exclusive though? Who knows.

You can get them discounted on Target.com now, though they are not in stock. You can price match in store (though maybe not at a City Target if you have one of those nearby, they aren't supposed to price match target.com but I've had some success getting them to occasionally)

DVD
12-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Been waiting for this one!!! Wonder if it'll show in the USA before Christmas.

This is an early 2014 release for the States.
It's not out of the box yet, but the submerge feature really means it can, yeah, sink! :lol:
I'm all over it for another figure tho, and the fact it was in the show, only a lot bigger.
I'll get it out if the box over the weekend and do a photo shoot revue.

pannoni1
12-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Lots of these toys seem to be recycled from the G1 toylines: The Battle Shell Turtles are this generation's Storage Shells, 1991's Sewer Sub is 2013/2014's Turtle Sub.

In terms of the original Turtles stop shipping, that looks to be happening soon if not already, as the ranking for all four Turtles, while still in the Top 100 (barely for Donatello), none are in the Top 50, a significant drop from when all four were in the Top 10 just a couple months ago. The Shellraiser will still be around for a while as that continues to sell strong. Of course we won't get 2014's full picture until Toy Fair, but I dearly hope for Rahzar (there's a custom on eBay), Casey, Karai, and Slash to be released, especially given that the movie will be coming out. But it appears that the Battle Shell Turtles are the new "Turtle" set, along with any variations/themes upcoming and of course the Paramount Turtles. I hope Playmates focuses more on the key characters since poor toyline performance kills cartoons!

Rukitron
12-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I hope Donnie can stay dry inside the sub with the "submerge" feature.

DVD
12-05-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't see him staying dry! I could be wrong.
I have two sinks that I could test it in though!

miru
12-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Lots of these toys seem to be recycled from the G1 toylines: The Battle Shell Turtles are this generation's Storage Shells, 1991's Sewer Sub is 2013/2014's Turtle Sub.

In terms of the original Turtles stop shipping, that looks to be happening soon if not already, as the ranking for all four Turtles, while still in the Top 100 (barely for Donatello), none are in the Top 50, a significant drop from when all four were in the Top 10 just a couple months ago. The Shellraiser will still be around for a while as that continues to sell strong. Of course we won't get 2014's full picture until Toy Fair, but I dearly hope for Rahzar (there's a custom on eBay), Casey, Karai, and Slash to be released, especially given that the movie will be coming out. But it appears that the Battle Shell Turtles are the new "Turtle" set, along with any variations/themes upcoming and of course the Paramount Turtles. I hope Playmates focuses more on the key characters since poor toyline performance kills cartoons!

And worse, many cartoons die off before a toyline can be made! And I agree they should do more on the core cast instead of variants and garbage mutants like KirbyBat, Biotroid, SpiderBytez, and other ridiculous designs.

raph27
12-06-2013, 09:11 PM
And worse, many cartoons die off before a toyline can be made! And I agree they should do more on the core cast instead of variants and garbage mutants like KirbyBat, Biotroid, SpiderBytez, and other ridiculous designs.

KARAI! KARAI! KARAI! :tlol:

DVD
12-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Come on dude, don't Karai over it !:lol:

miru
12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm serious that KirbyBat is a terrible choice, at least on his own. Some kind of 2-pack would be fine though.

LeoRaDoMic
12-08-2013, 09:08 AM
I want to see Slash! My expectations are high, and I hope he is big (on scale).

Timmetry
12-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't necessarily want Slash to be huge. I figure that's a bit of a lost cause. But at least a head taller than Donnie would be great.

LeoRaDoMic
12-08-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't necessarily want Slash to be huge. I figure that's a bit of a lost cause. But at least a head taller than Donnie would be great.

Yeah at least a head taller than Don sounds good! Don't want him as small as Leatherhead!

Since all the packages are the same size, it would be great if Slash comes in parts, so he can be relative tall and still fit in the package.

DVD
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I still haven't taken this to of the box yet, but I thought Id post a back shot, and Don.
http://i42.tinypic.com/27zxmrc.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/nbrmmu.jpg

snake
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Come on dude, don't Karai over it !:lol:

*Rimshot* :lol:

DVD
12-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Ok. Out of the box.
Quick revue time. Easily the cheapest feeling of all the vehicles. Very light.
There is barely enough room to put Donnie inside the sub, sub I won't bother.
There are two missile launchers. Only one is spring loaded. The other is a flicker, like the ones on the bikes. This is very loose and the missile could easily fall out.
The overall look of the sub is quite nice, but a seriously miniaturized version from the one seen in the show.
The Donnie figure is nice, but a little too similar to his tech equivelant, but not as kitted out. Still, a nice addition. The diving mask would have been nicer if it could be pulled over his face, but it's a part of the head sculpt.

I think, to be honest, this would be best kept in the box for display purposes, but it's out now and on the shelf. I'm not going to test the submerge (sinking) function, as it'll.just get wet, and so will Donnie.

Still a nice set for the collection, but if a kid gets this to play with, it'll last about 5 minutes. Funny how the instructions tell you how to reattach the jaw..obviously expecting it to fall apart!

I was hoping for more future news on the leaflet inside, but even thus vehicle isn't on it.

I'll add some pics soon.
http://i43.tinypic.com/14y0mx2.jpg

Candy Kappa
12-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Man, the Sub sounds like a huge letdown, only fitting one turtle... Submariner Don's Naginata looks nice though, it is a new sculpt or it is the same Basic Don's?

DVD
12-09-2013, 05:28 AM
It seems to be a whole new figure all round.

Rukitron
12-10-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm mildly disappointed at the sub, but relieved because I can save money. It seems like only the $10 vehicles are worth getting. I did like the Shellraiser to an extent, but it was basically a glorified box on wheels with a silly spinning kick gimmick.

tmntgoldcoin
12-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I want more multi-figure box sets like they did for the 2002 toy line. 3 and 4 figure box sets would be cool.

miru
12-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I want more multi-figure box sets like they did for the 2002 toy line. 3 and 4 figure box sets would be cool.

Preferably if they chucked in exclusive characters, like Justin.

Zulithe
12-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Well, I'm still getting it even if the Donnie is too similar to Battle Shell Don IMO.

I hope they release the Mikey vehicle next year, hopefully with A DIFFERENT HEAD this time

DVD
12-11-2013, 03:31 AM
A Mikey vehicle will be next. Then each will have their own.
The smaller sub looks ok on display, and you wouldn't actually confuse diver Donnie with tech Donnie. So as a package, it's none too bad.
Now, if they made a fuller scale sub, allowing the Turtles to get inside... I would say it'll never happen, but we had the Technodrome, the Layer, etc. Still, I think this is it for the sub.
I'd like the blimp to reappear in the new show, so we could get a fresh rake on that as a toy! That'd be cool.

Donatello19
12-11-2013, 02:33 PM
The sub itself looks like crap, really...and the Donnie figure just seems like the stealth tech figure with the battle shell's head and a lot of unpainted areas..I won't be getting it.

MST3KFan
12-11-2013, 02:56 PM
So far I've been a completest with this new TMNT line, but lately I haven't been buying a lot of the newer vehicles. I still haven't bought the Kraang hover vehicle or the vehicle with Leo that came out recently...I'm strongly debating the sub being shown here given it has been in the show, but I don't know.

I'm honestly surprised Playmates hasn't started to make any original character figures yet like the original line had at points. Sure, some of those figures eventually appeared in the show if only for one episode, but characters like Pizzaface, Wyrm, Sandstorm, Hot Spot, Sergeant Bananas, and so on helped give us something more than 'Turtle Variant #47' on the shelves.

I guess it's good we still have a number of characters thanks to season two to have made... like Karai, Slash and Rahzar, and Baxter Fly, and...um...Pizzaface?

marcelangelo
12-11-2013, 05:27 PM
So far I've been a completest with this new TMNT line, but lately I haven't been buying a lot of the newer vehicles. I still haven't bought the Kraang hover vehicle or the vehicle with Leo that came out recently...I'm strongly debating the sub being shown here given it has been in the show, but I don't know.

I'm honestly surprised Playmates hasn't started to make any original character figures yet like the original line had at points. Sure, some of those figures eventually appeared in the show if only for one episode, but characters like Pizzaface, Wyrm, Sandstorm, Hot Spot, Sergeant Bananas, and so on helped give us something more than 'Turtle Variant #47' on the shelves.

I guess it's good we still have a number of characters thanks to season two to have made... like Karai, Slash and Rahzar, and Baxter Fly, and...um...Pizzaface?

I hope they will give us a mighty wave of such original characters toys soon.over here in germany we recently got all the figures up to stockman, snakeweed, cockroach terminator, leatherhead etc in one rush(all year
long we only had the four turtles, april, splinter, foot, kraang and shredder)..seeing all these various OTHER characters on the rags next to the 4 turtles was really awesome and got me a huge nostalgia wave from back in the good ol turtles days where there were SO many figures out there;)

DVD
12-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Completist, yup, that's me!!! And........Yay!! Just found the Throw n Battle set of TMNT figures.

I thought I would never find em. Anyway, just ordered. Hopefully in my office when I get back on Monday.

Rukitron
12-11-2013, 11:33 PM
I've never seen throw'n battle tmnt figures in stores yet.

Slime State Alumni
12-13-2013, 12:39 AM
I've been pretty selective with the line so far and have been avoiding all of the playsets/vehicles/gimmicky versions of the turtles (except the battle shells). I don't know how completists do it (or who they're working for to manage such a budget).

Rukitron
12-13-2013, 11:10 AM
http://s30.postimg.org/64wdoe04x/rahzarpreview.png
K-mart has listings for Kirbybat and Squirrelnoid including previews of the cardback. Here's our first glimpse at Rahzar. Kinda odd Dogpound is still listed...

Zulithe
12-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Nice but really hard to tell if it's a good looking figure or not... still, it's something!

Candy Kappa
12-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Rahzar's legs... I smell bare minimum articulation.

Pizzalover94
12-13-2013, 06:23 PM

I believe that Playmates is returning to using battle stances again. Kirby bat's left arm is even sculpted onto his body, so no movement there. Squirrelanoid has only 5 articulation points. I know that Playmates has worked hard to give us unique figures at a great price, but I know that they can do better than this. Even if I was 5 years old, I do not believe I would avidly want Kirby bat, Squirrelanoid, or Rahzar. I hope Slash is better, but I am not holding out hope.

Edit: It is not just the articulation. Paint has been cut, and the figures just do not look good. Casey Jones looks decent, and he will be purchased. The others, such as Kirby bat, Squirrelanoid, and Mutagen Man do not look worth buying. However, I do understand the reasons why Playmates cannot give us collectors what we want. This is a line made specifically for kids, and the price really is great. Most 3.75 inch figures now cost $10, and these cost around $9 and are bigger. It is nice that these side characters are being made at all. However, that does not mean that I am not allowed to complain about how they turned out. Ultimately, this is probably a good thing for my wallet. :)

Edit yet again: Just to validate my opinions, I have purchased every unique character released so far in the new line. (discounting turtle variants and such)

Rukitron
12-13-2013, 06:44 PM
I hope they aren't cutting corners too much or at least saving it up for something good. I mean there's a few non basic turtles/battle shell figures that were pretty good including Metalhead, mousers, Bunker Stickman (he has as much articulation as the turtles!).

Pizzalover94
12-13-2013, 06:52 PM
I hope they aren't cutting corners too much or at least saving it up for something good. I mean there's a few non basic turtles/battle shell figures that were pretty good including Metalhead, mousers, Bunker Stickman (he has as much articulation as the turtles!).

I hope that they are saving the budget up for something good. I must admit that no toy company has ever really had a toy line without at least some sub-par figures. I do enjoy the line, however. I have 21 Mousers opened, and will probably open/buy more. The Mousers are probably the best army builders ever made. It is great that every pack has 7 Mousers. I greatly enjoy the Shellraiser and pop-up playset as well. Also, I think I was spoiled by the first wave turtles. I have bought the battle shells, but those had bad QC on the ones I got. I still like the original wave 1 turtles the best.

Reputator
12-13-2013, 06:55 PM

Indeed. I feared as much when the character's design was revealed on the show. Skinny limbs usually mean no joints.

Donatello19
12-13-2013, 09:05 PM
http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting.png
Holy crap, Rahzar! He looks awesome!

Kirby in his box: note the "season 2" sticker on it, and plus, he comes with a "buddy figure" of sorts! An un-mutated bat, very cool.

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_931011412?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&q lt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Now, here's where things get interesting. The back of the box. You can clearly see he's listed as a good guy, and read his bit about his emotions with April. I wonder if he just didn't fit "bad guy status" or if he's really going to be good? Guess we'll see. His art is really awesome! It's clear to see that the basic battle shells have replaced the original turtles. Also notice all the other new figures listed (Casey, MM, etc.)

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_931011512?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&q lt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Squirrel in his box: Same deal with the sticker. His figure does look really nice...but is it just me, or are the boxes looking emptier than ever?

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_931002012?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&q lt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

His bio card is...beautiful. The art on it, plus the shading and orange fading and whatnot...wish they could all be like this!

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_931002112?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&q lt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Sadly none of the other figures are on their website, which stinks. I was looking forward to seeing their production figures and their bios and everything. Oh well, I did find this...I'm not sure about you guys, but I've actually been waiting for this vehicle...the Grasskicker!

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_929265312?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&q lt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

The fact that it can hold two figures is just icing on the cake:

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_929265012?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&q lt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Will the plane type vehicle also hold two figures (so Raph and Mikey can pair up?)...Very pleasant surprise of all this news...hope these figures come soon, I'll be buying them all.

snake
12-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Those look awesome.

NinjaMan
12-13-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm surprised we still haven't seen Newtrailizer since last year.

Rukitron
12-13-2013, 09:57 PM
I like the oddly tied up lawn gnome, I hope it stays painted in the final version. Kinda reminds of me the old farm turtle figures...

TheCanadiandrome
12-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Man I so can't wait to add these to my collection

snake
12-13-2013, 11:17 PM
I like the oddly tied up lawn gnome, I hope it stays painted in the final version. Kinda reminds of me the old farm turtle figures...

Yeah, that gnome is great.

seditionary
12-14-2013, 12:53 AM
reminds me of left4dead2. Thanks for those pictures! looks great!!

Zulithe
12-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Playmates where the F is Newtralizer :| Probably the most hyped figure amongst fans and nowhere to be seen? Come on!

They need to DROP dogpound who nobody is buying anyway and get Newtralizer on there, stat

Like those pics btw. Not sure what is up with the piece coming out of squirrelnoid's mouth... looks very flimsy.

I also like that Kirby comes with a little bat. We need more accessories like that, reminds me of early TMNT figures.

Discogod
12-14-2013, 08:15 AM
That art on the Grasskicker box is gorgeous, really reminds me of the classic box art.

marcelangelo
12-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Playmates where the F is Newtralizer :| Probably the most hyped figure amongst fans and nowhere to be seen? Come on!

They need to DROP dogpound who nobody is buying anyway and get Newtralizer on there, stat

Like those pics btw. Not sure what is up with the piece coming out of squirrelnoid's mouth... looks very flimsy.

I also like that Kirby comes with a little bat. We need more accessories like that, reminds me of early TMNT figures.

sounds like you guys got many dogpound figures around where YOU live.we don't have too much, I was happy to snatch one, he's actually my favourite figure of all the tmnt....

Donatello19
12-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Guys, Newtralizer is coming in the Spring. This has been mentioned by Playmates many times.

Zulithe
12-14-2013, 12:12 PM
sounds like you guys got many dogpound figures around where YOU live.we don't have too much, I was happy to snatch one, he's actually my favourite figure of all the tmnt....
I can't speak for outside of the USA, if it is a hard-to-find figure outside of here then that is not something I am commenting on. I'm glad you were able to find one but how Playmates distributes figures outside of the USA is not something I have much first-hand experience with.
Guys, Newtralizer is coming in the Spring. This has been mentioned by Playmates many times.
Doesn't matter, it's been delayed and I think people have a right to voice dissatisfaction with that choice. Originally it was coming Oct 2013 (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=19991). So why delay it till Spring, if it were pushed back why not release it in the Early 2014 wave? Best reason I can surmise is they need more 'strong' figures to fill out their later 2014 waves.

Pizzalover94
12-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Here is a video from Michele Ivey. She interviews Pat Linden from Playmates Toys. It is very interesting. It does seem to be from around September. It is older, but it does discuss toys that will come out next year. Worth a watch.

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/content/ccn-playmates-toys-tmnt-interview-2013

Edit: The video was posted two days ago, but the actual video was taken a while back. I would talk more about what is in the video, but I do not want to spoil it. It is definitely worth watching. It made me excited to see what's coming up.

raph27
12-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Boring answers
"We make characters that get a lot of screen time"
YOU MADE SPIDER BYTEZ AND DIDNT MAKE KARAI:trolleye::tgrumble::ohwell:
until
"A whole new line of playsets"
F*CK YEEEEEEEEEAH!

Pizzalover94
12-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Boring answers
"We make characters that get a lot of screen time"
YOU MADE SPIDER BYTEZ AND DIDNT MAKE KARAI:trolleye::tgrumble::ohwell:
until
F*CK YEEEEEEEEEAH!

I do agree that most of his answers were boring. I hope that Karai is coming soon. I bet she will not have knees, seeing as they were unable to give April knees. I did like their answer, however. I agree that if articulation would sacrifice show accuracy, I can deal with articulation losses. However, that does not mean that it wouldn't bother me if they gave Karai inferior articulation. I did like that an IDW TMNT line was hinted at. He did flat out say "yes," though he then proceeded to ask her what she was asking exactly. Kinda confusing. I am very excited to see that new line of playsets. I wonder what will make them so special. He said that they would "set the toy world on fire." Very interesting.

Donatello19
12-14-2013, 09:18 PM
F*CK YEEEEEEEEEAH!

What? I didn't hear him say that.

Pizzalover94
12-14-2013, 09:23 PM
What? I didn't hear him say that.

Pat talks about it at 14:48.

Donatello19
12-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Pat talks about it at 14:48.

Thank you, I just watched it. I wonder if he's talking about the pop up pizza play sets, or something different?

Pizzalover94
12-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Thank you, I just watched it. I wonder if he's talking about the pop up pizza play sets, or something different?

He is probably not talking about the pizza play set. The pop up pizza play set did not sell well at all, and it is actually out of production now. I love it, however. I think it is great. Just sad it did not sell well. I hope this means that we will get a new Technodrome soon. :)