PDA

View Full Version : comic book adaptations on audio?

blindturtle02
10-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Since I'm totally blind and very much enjoy comics, it's been very difficult for me to obtain my fix over the years. Has anyone come across any full cast audio drama versions of comics? I found a neat website called graphicaudio.net which has a few awesome marvel and DC adaptations. These are based on novel adaptations of comics if that makes sense, but they're still great to listen to. There's a narrator but each title sports a full cast. Rather like listening to the old Disney cassettes but more modernized with great sound effects and music. Granted, comics are a very visual form of media but I'm happy to see this type of progression. I'd pay top $ for adaptations of some Star Wars comics like Legacy.

If only someone would do things like this with the various TMNT comics. Yeah yeah, you're probably thinking of the TMNT Adventures audio cassettes in the early 90's. I had that one. Kinda cheesy but a fun ride. Sure it was based on the cartoon pilot but it was Turtles. Doctor Claw/Krang and over the top Asian stereotype Splinter were a little too much though!

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, i don't think there are any I'm afraid.

I'll keep looking:tread: and see what pops up though:tanime:

blindturtle02
10-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately, i don't think there are any I'm afraid.

I'll keep looking:tread: and see what pops up though:tanime:

Yeah there's definitely slim pickins lol. They sould at least consider doing a webcomic with sound and voices. I wanna say a few of those have been made via Marvel. X-Men, stuff like that.

Jester
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I know Archie released a couple through Random House (which in rereading I see you mentioned.), but other than that, all that I know of is the fan reading of Mirage 1.1...oh and my lame readings of the Future Shark Trilogy.

blindturtle02
10-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I know Archie released a couple through Random House (which in rereading I see you mentioned.), but other than that, all that I know of is the fan reading of Mirage 1.1...oh and my lame readings of the Future Shark Trilogy.

Your reading was not lame dude. In the words of Bern in The Dimension X Story it was,"Goood! Goodgoodgoodgood goooood!" Now I gotta rewatch that episode and see if I got all the "goods" in there.