PDA

View Full Version : Awesome NECA Custom

raph27
10-05-2013, 04:56 PM
I found these cool NECA customs on eBay. Are these any of your work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Set-NECA-TMNT-/261277778015?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cd55e805f

Candy Kappa
10-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Can't say I am a fan of this customs.

raph27
10-06-2013, 12:13 PM
I like the wash...the multicolors are a tad disappointing though.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-06-2013, 12:33 PM
They are alright, but i prefer the standard NECA figures.

psychturtle
10-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I think they are REMARKABLE!!!!!!

Discogod
10-06-2013, 02:03 PM
$250? Someone's being rather optimistic. We've seen repaints like this done hundreds of times, and I have to say these aren't one of the better examples...

psychturtle
10-06-2013, 03:22 PM
I actually painted these if no one has noticed yet. Was hoping for some truth serum from posters regarding feedback.

I don't think the issue is whether these are novel or not. I'll admit they aren't the best NECAs I have ever produced. However, if you guys read the description of the auction, these are actually re-repaints. I got these from a guy who did an atrocious job. It felt wrong to pass them up given the paint application he did. It was daunting, but I did the best I could to salvage these. I think they look great, but I have the mental image of pre/post comparisons of what they looked like before. I usually sell sets for around $325-400. I think $250 is adequate. Most wouldn't spend it but someone will and will probably enjoy them. I'll take less for these if you are a fellow dromer buyer.

I'm curious as to the feedback regarding the disappointment with the bandanna coloration? Is it the colors? They had prior color on all battle[ads/bandanas prior so I had to touch them up.

raph27
10-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I actually painted these if no one has noticed yet. Was hoping for some truth serum from posters regarding feedback.
I'm curious as to the feedback regarding the disappointment with the bandanna coloration? Is it the colors? They had prior color on all battle[ads/bandanas prior so I had to touch them up.
AH-HA! Thought it was you!:tlol:
I was disappointed because I felt they should be all red.

psychturtle
10-06-2013, 08:28 PM
AH-HA! Thought it was you!:tlol:
I was disappointed because I felt they should be all red.

I agree with that. Although the colored bandannas sell better for some reason. I own a set of each. Thanks for the feedback, man.

darthwahl56
10-07-2013, 07:11 AM
If they were going to be in the colored bandanas why not also give them the 1990's figure skin tone, that would at least give them some new appeal. Without that then buyers could just buy the neca bootlegs just as easy with colored bandanas. The paint jobs are fine just not worth the price when there are cheaper methods to be had.

Besides the customs, the amount itself is just too steep for me.

Discogod
10-07-2013, 07:33 AM
I've got to say okstpsy, if you hadn't told us, I'd never have guessed these were yours. Sorry to be negative, but these are way below your usual standard of work, even working within the limitations of having to repaint them.

psychturtle
10-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Lol no worry about being negative. I salvaged them as best as I could. They look a lot better in person. As stated, they definitely aren't my best but figured someone would buy em and they will. I don't expect to get the listed price which is why it has the best offer option. Most here would never buy these at that price. But we all look for steals haha. I don't like the original skin colors of the OT with the colors so I didn't add them here.

darthwahl56
10-08-2013, 12:26 AM
I might try my hand at making the original turtles like this and selling them with the colored bandanas and skin tone. who knows, right? Though I always wondered how in this way they could all be green when Donatello was more brown.

psychturtle
10-08-2013, 09:19 AM
I might try my hand at making the original turtles like this and selling them with the colored bandanas and skin tone. who knows, right? Though I always wondered how in this way they could all be green when Donatello was more brown.

Look forward to seeing them!

Threat
10-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I like them. The only thing I don't fancy is the high gloss finish. Good work regardless.

Gin Rummy
10-08-2013, 01:33 PM
They look pretty sweet! But alas there far to expensive for my blood. :D The artist did a fine job!