PDA

View Full Version : Favorite villain?

blindturtle02
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Heroes are fun and all, but you gotta love the bad guys. Be they in comic, novel etc, some are just unforgettable. If I had to pick a favorite villain from comics it'd probably be Darkseid from DC. But Apocalypse from Marvel has always interested me too. Note that I've only been exposed to Apocalypse and Darkseid via the Marvel and DC animated universes but I imagine they're even more insidious in the comics. As for novels, it'd be a tie between two Stephen King villains. Randall Flagg and Pennywise are difficult to choose from.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-09-2013, 03:55 PM
DC: The joker

Marvel: Tough one, I'll have to go with green goblin.

Other: The shredder.

RaphAndDonnie
10-09-2013, 04:01 PM
If I had to pick a favorite comic book villain it would have to be a tie between Toad and the Scarlet Witch from the X-Men. I like Toad's sad, sniveling backstory, and his loyalty to Magneto. As for Wanda, well, she wiped out 2/3rds of the mutant population so she's certainly powerful and evil.

As for books, I like Joss McMillan from "The Cronicles Of Vladimir Tod" He's a Slayer, determined to avenge his sister's death by killing every known vampire. He skirts the line with Vlad between being an enemy and friend.

blindturtle02
10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
DC: The joker

Marvel: Tough one, I'll have to go with green goblin.

Other: The shredder.

Yeah I love Joker and Green Goblin. GG always reminded me of some insane version of Batman but only because he had so many wonderful toys! I always wanted this be all end all GG fig that would include every weapon he ever used. Joker is cool just because he is who he is. He's unpredictable so you never know what he's going to do next or where he'll strike. Shredhead was one of the first baddies I remember seeing as a kid so yeah I like him as well.

blindturtle02
10-09-2013, 04:47 PM
If I had to pick a favorite comic book villain it would have to be a tie between Toad and the Scarlet Witch from the X-Men. I like Toad's sad, sniveling backstory, and his loyalty to Magneto. As for Wanda, well, she wiped out 2/3rds of the mutant population so she's certainly powerful and evil.

As for books, I like Joss McMillan from "The Cronicles Of Vladimir Tod" He's a Slayer, determined to avenge his sister's death by killing every known vampire. He skirts the line with Vlad between being an enemy and friend.

All very cool choices. I like Toad and Scarlet Witch too. They haven't been featured very much outside of comics but I've liked what I've experienced from these two in X-Men Evolution.

Leo656
10-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Visually I guess I'd say The Joker, and he's definitely up there, but I think I like Lex Luthor (1986-2004 version) a little better. A billionaire sociopath who ruins lives, manipulates global events and straight-up murders people for fun, and gets away with ALL of it, and furthermore is beloved by most people in his world (who have no idea who or what he really is) has always been incredibly intriguing to me. I mean Joker's a great villain, no doubt, but he has "Evil" written all over him. Part of what made that version of Lex work was the fact that only Lois, Perry, Bruce Wayne and Superman (at first) had any idea what a son of a bitch the guy was, and the rest of the world loved him enough to elect him President.

I didn't *hate* that they devolved him back into being a mad scientist and put him back in the battle armor, as it was a natural evolution at first and there's a lot of stories you can do with that, but for 20 years I would read comics and get *pissed* that Superman would finally have Lex dead to rights, only for Luthor to slip away yet again with no one the wiser. There's something horrific about a villain who most people don't *know* is a villain.