PDA

View Full Version : The Tengu Shredder being too powerful in the 4Kids cartoon

Keldor1578
10-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Does it bother anyone that Oroku Saki relied on magic, and the turtles won through deus ex machina.

Keldor1578
10-11-2013, 02:42 PM
I also hated that the turtles has to turn dragons to fight him.

Blossombrooks
10-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Well no. Not personally but I realise its always been a source of controversy that the whole season went mystic/anime.

As for the Deus ex Machina I thought they did at least develop the principle of them harnessing their Chi through the acolyte training, it was an integral part of the season's story not a convenient gimmick. I really liked that season but it is almost like 'Ultimate' tmnt, it's a whole other universe, so that's how I look at it in context.

Keldor1578
10-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Well no. Not personally but I realise its always been a source of controversy that the whole season went mystic/anime.

As for the Deus ex Machina I thought they did at least develop the principle of them harnessing their Chi through the acolyte training, it was an integral part of the season's story not a convenient gimmick. I really liked that season but it is almost like 'Ultimate' tmnt, it's a whole other universe, so that's how I look at it in context.

I just feel they made the Tengu Shredder too powerful.

Icebot
10-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I think he was too powerful also but the way I like to think of it, I like to imagine anyone who would also be powerful enough to fight him such as the Ninja Tribunal, Ultimate Drako with the time sceptor, maybe Ch'rell in is super powerful suit in Same As It Never Was.

Coola Yagami
10-11-2013, 10:25 PM
I just feel they made the Tengu Shredder too powerful.

They basically made Shredder a super villain in a show where the heroes don't actually have super powers. Honestly, that was a case for the Justice Force... So they turned Shredder into an anime villain... they had to turn the Turtles into anime heroes to be able to so much as touch him.

CansecoBat
10-13-2013, 12:19 AM
They basically made Shredder a super villain in a show where the heroes don't actually have super powers
Gets it.

Stupid character change. He actually loses credibility not being human.

Coola Yagami
10-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Gets it.

Stupid character change. He actually loses credibility not being human.

Plus they made him to powerful that there was really no reason why he couldn't just wipe out everyone in a flash.

Keldor1578
10-15-2013, 02:42 PM
They basically made Shredder a super villain in a show where the heroes don't actually have super powers. Honestly, that was a case for the Justice Force... So they turned Shredder into an anime villain... they had to turn the Turtles into anime heroes to be able to so much as touch him.

Him relied on magic, Is why i sometime feel he was the Shredder in name only.

Keldor1578
10-25-2013, 01:40 PM
i would've probably liked the Tengu Shredder more if he didn't turn into a dragon and used his fighting skills.