PDA

View Full Version : Shredder 2 question

PhatRam32
10-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I just got the figure today in the mail from an ebay seller and noticed the paint on his chest plate appears worn in some areas. Did. I get a defective figure or is that the norm for this figure. I'll try to post a pic later

rip32zity
10-11-2013, 05:11 PM
The figure is still carded im assuming? Cause i do own two and it doesnt seem to have any signs of paint wear. Might be the way they stored it in or might just be a defect like you said

PhatRam32
10-11-2013, 05:41 PM
The figure is still carded im assuming? Cause i do own two and it doesnt seem to have any signs of paint wear. Might be the way they stored it in or might just be a defect like you said

Yup still in package and all. Here is the pic. Notice the top and left side of th chest plate.

Ugagerman
10-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Yup still in package and all. Here is the pic. Notice the top and left side of th chest plate.

That's happened to me a lot on ebay. A lot of sellers take low resolution pictures so you won't notice the defects.

rip32zity
10-11-2013, 07:05 PM

I see it. Doesnt look like the bubble has any dings or dents my guess it could be two things. 1 he or she didnt store it correctly even though its a new figure or 2 could be a manufacture defect that lead to him to peal. Hope you find yourself a better figure thats up to your par.. good luck

BigMike322
10-11-2013, 08:22 PM
There are sellers that deal in factory defects.

PhatRam32
10-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Ugh so frustrating well time to cause trouble.

jacobzking
10-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Ugh so frustrating well time to cause trouble.

i wouldnt bother the guy. its a $8 toy. its not sold as a collector item, or in particular grade. just got to walmart/target/toys r us/etc and buy a better one when you come across one.

Slime State Alumni
10-12-2013, 01:06 AM
i wouldnt bother the guy. its a $8 toy. its not sold as a collector item, or in particular grade. just got to walmart/target/toys r us/etc and buy a better one when you come across one.

Or go to a reputable vendor who understands the market they're selling to.

FoxZerro
10-12-2013, 06:07 PM

As frustrating as it is to have gotten a bad toy. Keep it in the box. Find a better one at Walmart (my local one had about 8 this morning) purchase a new one and then come back in and return the defective one.

Don't give the seller grief unless you can prove it was opened and damaged purposefully. Based on some of the factory defects I've read about on here (NiT Mikey falling apart) that stuff sometimes happens with Playmates

VaughnMichael
10-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah looks like yet another quality paint job from Playmates Toys :ohwell:

Kevin G
10-12-2013, 10:59 PM

Not to come off rude, while I don't know how much PhatRam32 spent on Shredder 2 (and it's none of my business), Shredder 2 along with the current toy line based on the 2012 series aren't $8 on ebay. These figures range from $9.99 to $29.99 plus shipping. These sellers consider all the figures to be HTF or rare so they jack up the prices that you wouldn't normally pay at Toys "R" Us or Walmart even if the packaging is not mint or the figure inside the packaging is defected.

PhatRam32
10-13-2013, 10:43 AM
I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I paid 40 bucks total for shredder 2 and spider bytes so it's like 20 for shredder if you divide by 2. I decided not to contact the seller and will look for one at Walmart as suggested and return the defective one. The old switcheroo lol. Now time to hunt a shredder down her in orlando fl