PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite line from the show?

LordShredder
10-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I personally loved it when the Shredder would say "None of you will leave here alive!" I don't know why but even as I got older something about that line gave me chills.

CansecoBat
10-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Too much melodrama in that show in retrospect. It's all very heavy handed writing IMO, the dialogue ... particularly Splinter and a few others are down right cringe worthy. A lot of the dialogue in the show comes off as very bland, cheesy comic book type quotes. No real memorable lines of dialogue for me.

Technogeek29
10-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Leo: Remember Casey we just need you to distract them.
Raph: Yeah we don't need you screwing this up.
Casey: Hey if anybody, gonna screw this up, it'll be you green bean!
April & TCRI clerks:.....?
Raph: Moron...

Bossa Nova
10-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Too much melodrama in that show in retrospect. It's all very heavy handed writing IMO, the dialogue ... particularly Splinter and a few others are down right cringe worthy. A lot of the dialogue in the show comes off as very bland, cheesy comic book type quotes. No real memorable lines of dialogue for me.

If you don't have anything to contribute to the actual point of the discussion, why bother posting? OP is asking what is your favorite line of the 2k3 show, not IF you have any favorite lines.

I always liked it when Don showed some of his snarkier side, such as in a Fast Forward episode where Mikey wanted to help Don and Cody build something, only to freak out that he broke it and promptly jump into Don's arms. Don retorts with a simple, annoyed, "It's a wonder you remember to breathe."

Blossombrooks
10-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, while I loved the 2k3 humour I think my favourite line was Leo in 'The Ancient One' when he finally crumpled and admitted that "I did the best I could."
It was delivered with so much conviction and I thought it was a good lesson too, sometimes you just have to accept that.

TurtleTitan97
10-13-2013, 06:18 PM
One line that comes to mine is Raph's "SPOOOONNNNNS!!!" line from Turtles in Space, Part 3.:tlol:

Yorae
10-28-2013, 02:13 AM
"In this life we only have each other. If one of us goes down, we all go down!"

Shark_Blade
10-28-2013, 03:15 AM
SAINW

Just Mikey screaming Donnie's name and Raph screaming for Leo before their own deaths.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-28-2013, 05:33 AM

Really? Just don't post here

Anyway, for my favorite line, it has to be this (from the shredder strikes back part 1):

Don: The 'Turtles?' My friend, unfortunately turtles have been saddled by society with the stereotype of being "velocity-challenged."

Raph: *pause* Say what?

Mikey: May i have your attention please.

Mikey: (Burps)

Don and Raph: Cool (start clapping)

Don: (after a few minutes) I can't believe i just clapped for that.

Ryanator008
10-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't remember what exactly they said, but it was the part were Casey went into TCRI with the broken toaster.

Xav
10-28-2013, 06:53 PM
"T.M.N.T What You Get Is What You See!"

MsMarvelDuckie
10-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I loved Mikey's line about leaving the wall-climbing to the "guy in red and blue tights". SOOO Mikey. And that line when Casey meets the other three and Raph says they're his brothers- Mikey going "I'm the pretty one."

Mr.Green
10-29-2013, 01:21 AM
Raph *cocking gun*: Go ahead, make my day

I'm a big fan of the Dirty Harry films and hear my favorite turtle say this made me scream and clap

10-29-2013, 03:17 AM
Everything Usagi says, surprisingly.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-29-2013, 05:23 AM
"T.M.N.T What You Get Is What You See!"

Raph: Seriously you're only embarrassing yourself

BubblyShell22
10-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Raph: Whoa. Nice hats.
Mikey: Yeah, we thought so, too.
Don: Say what you will about the Foot but they do not skimp on the head gear.

Leo: Note to self, arms are overrated.

The Ancient One: A warrior who never fails, never learns.

Usagi: Fear. Failure. In the lives we lead, these things are inevitable. How we DEAL with them, THAT is the true test of character.

blindturtle02
10-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Those are all great lines. I need to dust off my 2k3 season 1-5 DVDs. One of mine was where Mikey was upset with Don for making them return to the underground. "Hey guys, let's go back to the underground tunnels! We'll have some laughs! We'll get eaten!" Will have to think of a few more.

blindturtle02
10-29-2013, 02:48 PM
One line that comes to mine is Raph's "SPOOOONNNNNS!!!" line from Turtles in Space, Part 3.:tlol:

Yeah, that one always makes me think of The Tick as I'm sure it was meant to.

909 Turtle Fan
10-30-2013, 08:03 PM
In the ep where Mike & Donnie go in to the underwater hq of garbage man and Mike says aren't you a little short for a shock trooper?

Hazel-rah
11-08-2013, 06:35 PM
So many...but a couple from Shredder Stikes Back

Mike: Ladies and Gentleman, turtles and rats, run, don't walk to the nearest exit.
Mike: Wrong way my foot. Poor choice of words.
And of course "Nice Hats"

DarkLightDragon
11-09-2013, 06:29 AM
I'd half-say "What the shell" but for the wrong reasons. Yeah, it was hokey and clearly a safe way for saying mild curse words, but to make it slightly more amusing, I tend to pretend I just heard them say s*** instead. In fact I'm surprised there hasn't been a completion video on YouTube somewhere where every 'shell' part was censored.

But in terms of fun exchanges, Mikey's interactions with Splinter were pretty good.

Two come to mind in both parts of The Shredder Strikes

Splinter: Michelangelo, do you think I am funny?
Mikey: Um...yeah. Remember that joke you made about the buffalo and the sparrow? It wasn't really a joke, but,
*Don facepalms and elbow-bumps Mikey into stopping*
Mikey: Ow! I mean, no Master Splinter.

Splinter: Sit still.
Mikey: I dunno Master Splinter. Sitting still isn't one of our strong points.
*Splinter gives him an angry glare*
Mikey: *Gets the message* Right. Sitting still it is. Sitting still is fine. I like sitting still.

DonatelloNinja82
11-10-2013, 10:07 AM
I cannot remember the exact words, but I love the part after Mikey beats Raph in the Battle Nexus round and Raph freaks out to Traximus that Mikey might actually win. Raph freaking out is too funny.

pannoni1
11-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Probably "It's Ninja Time" from BTTS followed by "What the shell?", since the battle cries at least were somewhat memorable, but most dialogue in 4kids was either narrative or plot-driven that leaves little room for memorable quotes, and many of Mikeys were annoying. I guess Karai's "Remember, the Shredder is always watching" is a good way to remember the big-brother atmosphere of the 2000s. It also reflects that even though it may not be the same person or even species, there is always evil lurking if the mantle is intact.

DarkLightDragon
11-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah, this show wasn't exactly well-known for spouting memorable catch-phrases like the 80's or current cartoon because humor wasn't really it's main focus or driving force.. Even when they bothered to make some, it just felt a little forced or contrived.

victory_angel
12-10-2013, 11:58 PM
After Donatello finds Baxter Stockman who has been reduced to nothing more then a brain.

Don: Wow, you really let yourself go.

(Stockman smacks his brain against his jar.)

Don: Excuse me...but April and I are trying to concentrate.

Mikey: Ooooo April and I, is it?

Michelangelo: See Don, we can have our very own Battle Shell. I've even got a name for it. I call it: "The Battle Shell"! I've got it all figured out. Turbo-boosters, double-action traction, cool secret thingies shooting out the back. We should be tricking out the armored car!

Donatello: By "we", you mean me. And I don't have the time. There's too much to do around here. Besides, where would we keep the thing?

Michelangelo: We could find a place. Just think of overhauling the wheels. Please? Please please please please? Did I mention you're my favorite turtle?

Splinter: Ahem.

Michelangelo: Busted!

Splinter: How many times have I told you not to sneak up to the surface?

Michelangelo: This month...

Donatello: 512, actually.

Splinter: It is dangerous for you to go about openly in the world above. You cannot simply walk amongst the humans. They will not accept who and what you are. It is as the great sage and warrior Kenji Hashimura once said, "Why walk when you can ride?"

Raphael: Come again?

[Leo, Mikey, and Don arrive in the Battle Shell to back up Casey and Raph]

Casey: Friends of yours?

Raphael: Brothers, actually.

Casey: I can see the family resemblance.

Michelangelo: I'm the pretty one!

DVD
12-11-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm in for "What the shell?"

And I know it the OT, but to this day I use "Let's make Turtle Tracks". I think my students know where it comes from, but if they don't, they never ask!! :lol:

LordShredder
12-12-2013, 06:34 AM
I cannot remember the exact words, but I love the part after Mikey beats Raph in the Battle Nexus round and Raph freaks out to Traximus that Mikey might actually win. Raph freaking out is too funny.

Yeah I laughed so hard when that happened "He's in and I'm out? What if he actually wins? He'll never let me live it down and I'll never forgive myself!"

The Sewer Lord
12-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Raph: Hey, nice hats.
Don: *nods his head in confirmation* We thought so too.

NiNi
12-13-2013, 11:41 AM
I think my favorite quote would be... when Leonardo would say, "Be ready for anything."

Not sure why - but that line always stuck with me. It just sounded cool. ^^; ...so cool in fact that at Otakon I had Mike Sinterniklaas say it in person. Lol.

Ninjinister
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
"The old turtle luck, true ta form!"

MsMarvelDuckie
12-15-2013, 12:43 AM
One of my favorite exchanges was from "Meet Casey Jones".

Casey: Friends of yours?

Raph: Brothers, actually.

Mikey: I'm the pretty one!

Or this one:

Casey: I give it a ten!

Leo: Only six, Raph?

Raph: It's all I got!

nimajneb
01-20-2014, 02:23 PM
The voice acting was fantastic in this series, my favourite quotes quite often are the set up monologues especially the early eps

Zachatello00
01-21-2014, 07:37 AM
"Gift shops on the first floor, boys. But they don't take kindly to trespassers, and neither do we."
"Now, before you go makin' off with the goods, you might wanna consider a few things. 1. You're outnumbered. 2. Don't let the pretty faces fool ya, we're tougher n' we look."
*dozens of foot drop in
"And 3. We're about to get our butts seriously hammered..."

turtlefanforever
01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm paraphrasing here I might be off but splinter said something along the lines of "a true warrior finds balance in all things" I liked that one a lot.

Ashwolf
03-12-2014, 03:19 PM
always liked "don't like green, huh, how about black and blue" and think its really funny even if a bit bruiser

"In this life we only have each other. If one of us goes down, we all go down!" consider this 1 of the more memorable lines of the show and its my 2nd fave

~Donatello~
04-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Michaelangelo:

A very wise frog once said: "It ain't easy being green."

Most stuff from Mikey was either really stupid or really funny!

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Michaelangelo:

A very wise frog once said: "It ain't easy being green."

Most stuff from Mikey was either really stupid or really funny!

I didn't realize that was supposed to be Kermit who Mikey was quoting.

Huh.

ToraHogosha
04-18-2014, 11:59 AM
There are so many! I love the sarcastic lines from the show. Some of my favorites...

I loved from The Shredder Strikes Back Part II:
"Do you think they just... disappeared?"
"Yeah. We scared 'em off by running into a closet and locking the door."

And from... I don't remember the episode, but it was with the Fugitoid Professor:
"Do something Donnie!"
*Donnie pulls off the Professors head*
"...um. That was a little extreme."
"I panicked!"

When Karai revives the Shredder and re-introduces him to Baxter Stockman, who had been reduced to a brain and an eye in a jar:
"This is Baxter Stockman. Huh. You've lost weight."
and...
"You should have quit while you were... a head."

I seriously love the show and it's had so many funny moments - especially in the early series - that I couldn't possibly list them all! :tgrin:

Aaronardo
04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Pretty much anything Splinter says. Whether it's something really awesome like
"You destroyed my family once, I will not let that happen again!"
or something really, really stupid and cheesy like
"No! Not you! Not my sons! Nooo! *Ancient One taps his shoulder from behind, Splinter turns around and Ancient One gets killed* Oh no! Not you, too! NOOOO!!"
it's always just really good for some reason :P

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Mikey: Ugh, next time lets leave the wall crawling to the guy in the red and blue tights
Leo: You read WAY too many comic books

Kanon
04-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Don`t know what episode it was, but it`s damn funny!

Splinter: "Who can not effort to play, should not play. Suckers." :D

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
04-19-2014, 02:01 AM
I don't think I can pick a favorite. It's hard to pick, there are a lot I like. So I'll just pick a random one I like:

Michaelangelo: I feel like I'm in an ugly convention.
Raphael: Then you must feel right at home, Mikey.

But here are some of the other stuff I like (and I like some of the stuff others' on here picked):

Michaelangelo: I tried to get out of the way, but then the building jumped out and attacked me.

[Raphael is watching the news on TV]
Raphael: That ticks me off! All the news is bad!
Donatello: Raph! Everything ticks you off.
Raphael: Not everything!
[pauses for a second]
Raphael: Okay, everything.

Michaelangelo: COWABUNG...
[pushed into a man hole by Raph]
Michaelangelo: ... AHHHHHHHHHH! NOT FUNNY RAPH!
Raphael: Oh yes it was.

Ashangelo
04-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Two that come to mind.

SPOOOOOOOOOOONS!!

Oh yea, Mr Spikey Pants? Well it's you who should be saying farewell to, uh, to yourself!