PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone gonna try to customize the M.O.U.S.E.R.S.?

TonySiegel
10-17-2013, 04:15 PM
don't know how this mod would work on the new mousers but it looks interesting...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/Rheul/articulatedmouser.jpg

the thread about it with the instructions is here:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=66378

Jester
10-17-2013, 05:04 PM
That person is a member here... :P

TonySiegel
10-17-2013, 05:38 PM
the new mousers are molded differently the feet are one piece of plastic...

was wondering what the experts have to say about this mod...

Slime State Alumni
10-17-2013, 08:08 PM
I never understood why a properly articulated mouser was never made :/

Jester
10-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I'd say "scale" but I wanna say 2 of the 4 mousers released (the NECA and original Playmates mouser) are huge.

Donatello19
10-17-2013, 08:40 PM

How much articulation do they really need, though? All they really do is run around and open/close their mouths. The Nick ones are the best IMO, they have articulation in the head, jaw and legs...which is good enough for me.

Slime State Alumni
10-17-2013, 08:44 PM
How much articulation do they really need, though? All they really do is run around and open/close their mouths. The Nick ones are the best IMO, they have articulation in the head, jaw and legs...which is good enough for me.

Ankle and knee joints; they're literally right in the design.

Donatello19
10-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Ankle and knee joints; they're literally right in the design.

Sure, those would be nice...but I really can't complain. What I was trying to say is that the Mousers are never in REALLY dynamic poses in the shows and whatnot.

Slime State Alumni
10-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Sure, those would be nice...but I really can't complain. What I was trying to say is that the Mousers are never in REALLY dynamic poses in the shows and whatnot.

Sure they are - they're jumping and running around all the time.

rip32zity
10-19-2013, 04:14 AM

I would have to agree with you there on the nicks articulation. But i wished the size of the figs would be a tad bigger.

Discogod
10-19-2013, 04:47 AM
That person is a member here... :P

Yeah, but he's a real dick...:lol:

The new Nick Mousers don't really lend themselves to that mod, as the legs/feet are all a single piece (and they're small enough that it'd be really tricky to pull off).

I do plan on painting them to match the NECA versions, though.

TonySiegel
10-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah, but he's a real dick...:lol:

The new Nick Mousers don't really lend themselves to that mod, as the legs/feet are all a single piece (and they're small enough that it'd be really tricky to pull off).

I do plan on painting them to match the NECA versions, though.

the mouth part that has the red lines looks tough to paint with my inexperience im sure peeps know how to work through that...

looking forward to the paint job

jestermon
10-19-2013, 08:03 PM
They could be too fiddly at the right size that's some small joints.

Discogod
10-20-2013, 04:14 AM
the mouth part that has the red lines looks tough to paint with my inexperience im sure peeps know how to work through that...

looking forward to the paint job

Well, the head seperates into 2 pieces so it shouldn't be too difficult to get into the mouth to paint the details.

It'll be a while before I get a chance to repaint them though, the Mousers aren't due out in the UK until March next year...:roll:

The Purple Dragon
10-20-2013, 01:39 PM
i have modded 6 of the neca one and was thinking to do the same withe the new one. but whene i did get them in hand i gave up on the idea,
not that it cant be done. but because of the size and the leg is one piece moldt its to mutch work.
i woued love joints in the knee and ankle as well afther the neca modd i can pose them mutch better. whene that is said i do not complaint they coued be worse coming from playmate and did have more articulation that i did expected so i am weary pleased with them.
like discgod said the heads come apart easy so painting them red inside are easy.

did just finish painting 10 in silver and red in the mouth one silver and blue like mirage and the 2 black i did nothing to and one black i did paint a littel silver so it looks like the paint are rubbed off.
but i wonder playmate did paint red in the lower jaw on the black ones but not the other. guess they try to save money but it woued be nice if they was painted.

just a littel note i did get 2 sets and the one with ob seriel nr did come with the legs the wrong way so you have to turn the head aroud and loose some articulation because the head peg is going down on the right side not that it did bother me but is something to keep in mind

Discogod
10-20-2013, 01:59 PM
In theory, you could add knee joints to the NECA Mousers. It'd just be a matter of cutting in a hinge and rounding it off, although the small size would pose a challenge, and it probably wouldn't be particularly function or aesthetically pleasing.

The Purple Dragon
10-20-2013, 02:49 PM
yes i was considering it at one point but i did drop it because off the work and i was worried that it woued be top heavy and the head woued just drop down or the joint woued not hold a pose well