PDA

View Full Version : why didn't the 80s cast voice their turtles in forever?

TheBlueTurtle1
10-18-2013, 11:48 AM
This has always bugged me, I love the film, and the series on the whole is pure awesome.

But was was uncle Phil as the 80s Shredder? and Cam Clark as Leo, Rob as Don etc etc????

Would have been tons better with their voice work:cry:

CyberCubed
10-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Voice actor unions.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-18-2013, 12:17 PM
The 80s show was an union show. The 2003 series wasn't a union show.

That's why.

Jeff
10-18-2013, 12:24 PM
it wouldve been cool to have the original cast, but i think the actors they did get were spot on...sans Leonardo. That's the biggest (and one of the only) flaws about the movie that irks me.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
10-18-2013, 12:37 PM
it wouldve been cool to have the original cast, but i think the actors they did get were spot on...sans Leonardo. That's the biggest (and one of the only) flaws about the movie that irks me.

Agreed. I found Raphael the closest, followed closely by Michelangelo and then Donatello way back.

BubblyShell22
10-18-2013, 01:30 PM
As others have said, it was union issues. 4Kids was non-union, and I don't think the original cast wanted to do it because of that. Ah, well, we do get the original voices in the upcoming season of Nick TMNT season 2, so that'll make up for it nicely.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-18-2013, 01:59 PM
As others have said, it was union issues. 4Kids was non-union, and I don't think the original cast wanted to do it because of that. Ah, well, we do get the original voices in the upcoming season of Nick TMNT season 2, so that'll make up for it nicely.

Wait what? Season 2's ripping off Turtles Forever?

That's news to me.

Powder
10-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Nononono. There's just going to be an episode where while messing with Kraang dimensional equipment, Donnie accidentally rips a hole into the 80's, where the OT turtles have a super brief cameo (voiced by their original VA's).

TheBlueTurtle1
10-18-2013, 03:29 PM
ok, I might sound totally stupid but what the shell difference does a union or non union show exactly mean? and why would that make a difference?

Jester
10-18-2013, 04:47 PM
ok, I might sound totally stupid but what the shell difference does a union or non union show exactly mean? and why would that make a difference?
To be part of the union, you can't take non-union work, thus the unionized FW Turtles couldn't work a non-union 4Kids show....

CyberCubed
10-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Basically its a load of nonsense because these companies are paranoid about losing their voice cast to a competing company.

Coola Yagami
10-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Basically its a load of nonsense because these companies are paranoid about losing their voice cast to a competing company.

No.. it's more like what Jester said.

TheBlueTurtle1
10-19-2013, 03:45 AM
seems like a silly reason, but thanks for clearing that up for me.:ohwell:

Ninjinister
10-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Stop talking about crap that you don't know anything about.

Aaronardo
10-19-2013, 08:01 AM
seems like a silly reason, but thanks for clearing that up for me.:ohwell:

You're mistaken. What Jester said is what's true. Don't EVER listen to CyberCubed -.-

Wait what? Season 2's ripping off Turtles Forever?

That's news to me.

It's nothing more than a less-than-5-minute cameo. Don't worry.

CyberCubed
10-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Are you guys being serious? The whole reason voice actor unions exist is so they can only work for specific companies over others. This is how animation studios keep them in check.

Coola Yagami
10-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Are you guys being serious? The whole reason voice actor unions exist is so they can only work for specific companies over others. This is how animation studios keep them in check.

Then why didn't you say that instead of just saying 'it's just nonsense' making you seem like a misinformed idiot. It's obvious you knew more about it than you let on, so why make yourself look dumb by just calling it nonsense.

CyberCubed
10-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Then why didn't you say that instead of just saying 'it's just nonsense' making you seem like a misinformed idiot. It's obvious you knew more about it than you let on, so why make yourself look dumb by just calling it nonsense.

I wasn't aware it was a big mystery.

Coola Yagami
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I wasn't aware it was a big mystery.

It was for the person asking about it, hence why he was asking.