PDA

View Full Version : The Cyber Shredder being redundant in the 4Kids cartoon.

Keldor1578
10-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Does anyone feel this incarnation of the Shredder was pointless.

CyberCubed
10-22-2013, 01:48 PM
They just wanted the villain of the last season to be Shredder but couldn't use Ch'rell as they were saving him for the movie and Demon Shredder died.

Andrew NDB
10-22-2013, 01:55 PM
They just wanted the villain of the last season to be Shredder but couldn't use Ch'rell as they were saving him for the movie and Demon Shredder died.

I don't think they were conscious of Turtles Forever until very late into things.

Powder
10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Your threads are redundant.

Ryanator008
10-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think they were conscious of Turtles Forever until very late into things.

This is probably true. With the way the Shredder War was just ignored, it's obvious that they had something else planned. Probably a movie that involved the Shredder war. They probably put Cyber Shredder in because A. They didn't want to just bring them back unless there was a good reason and B. The shredder War would be less exciting with only 2 Shredders.

Keldor1578
10-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Your threads are redundant.

Go **** yourself troll.

Machias Banshee
10-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Come on guys, keep this civil. We don't need every thread getting shut down because of arguments..

Ryanator008
10-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Go **** yourself troll.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

Keldor1578
10-23-2013, 04:15 PM
I wish that either Master Khan or a new villian was the main antagonist for the BTTS season.

Cryomancer
10-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Easily 2003's biggest flaw was that they could not get beyond having a Shredder to fight. How many times do they "finally beat Shredder forever" only to find another one? I assume this was something the toy executives demanded, because that **** got old really fast.

Keldor1578
10-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Easily 2003's biggest flaw was that they could not get beyond having a Shredder to fight. How many times do they "finally beat Shredder forever" only to find another one? I assume this was something the toy executives demanded, because that **** got old really fast.

Playmates probably didn't have faith in others villians as a big bad. I would'd prefer also Agent Bishop as the big bad of BTTS, instead another incarnation of The Shredder.

CyberCubed
10-23-2013, 05:52 PM

What are you talking about? Demon shredder was foreshadowed since Season 4.

909 Turtle Fan
10-23-2013, 07:41 PM

I wish they would have made a demon and cyber shredder figure. That would have been pretty rad of playmates.

Gonstead
10-23-2013, 07:52 PM
I wish they would have made a demon and cyber shredder figure. That would have been pretty rad of playmates.

We were going to get a Cyber Shredder but apparently all he would have been was a repaint of the 2007 movie Shredder figure.

Coola Yagami
10-23-2013, 09:12 PM
We were going to get a Cyber Shredder but apparently all he would have been was a repaint of the 2007 movie Shredder figure.

Wow. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Cryomancer
10-23-2013, 11:04 PM
What are you talking about? Demon shredder was foreshadowed since Season 4.

I didn't say "out of nowhere", just that they defeated one just to find another. It happened several times. That and Leonardo on a scooter were the weakest parts of the show in my opinion.

Bishop, Karai, Stockman, Hun, and so on. They had plenty of perfectly good villains to use after they've defeated Shredder, but nope, gotta keep pulling out another one. Hell, I liked Ch'rell even, but he becomes less and less interesting as the Shredders continue to pile up. I'd be fine with him, then a worm clone, and then Karai. Those all flow and link together fine. But we end with Tengu and Cyber and it just becomes repetition that doesn't even involve Ch'rell anymore so who cares? Cyber Shredder should have just been Viral.

Leo656
10-23-2013, 11:41 PM
HAH! Leo totally got the shaft with that stupid f*cking scooter. :lol:

Thanks for reminding me. Jerk.

Gonstead
10-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Wow. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Okay, I may have been a bit pre-mature on that claim.

Not a repaint but appears to be a retool.

2007 Shredder - http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/TMNT/Fall_07_Basic_Figure//55175-Shredder__scaled_600.jpg

Cyber Shredder - http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3261170531/in/pool-733668@N20/lightbox/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3262850426/in/photostream/lightbox/

The BTTS Turtles were obviously the 2007 figures though.

Ryanator008
10-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Okay, I may have been a bit pre-mature on that claim.

Not a repaint but appears to be a retool.

2007 Shredder - http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/TMNT/Fall_07_Basic_Figure//55175-Shredder__scaled_600.jpg

Cyber Shredder - http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3261170531/in/pool-733668@N20/lightbox/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3262850426/in/photostream/lightbox/

The BTTS Turtles were obviously the 2007 figures though.

That Cyber Shredder was so awesome.

Coola Yagami
10-24-2013, 08:40 AM
That Cyber Shredder was so awesome.

I'd buy it. But those btts tmnt using the movie models are just sad. Playmates should made the models movie exclusive and then go back to the regular models for the new figures.

JH24
10-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Personally I'd say yes. I didn't care much for this version of the Shredder, or the cyber world. It felt just, well, out of place.

And like others have said, there were plenty of other interesting villains/characters to choose from. Hun and Stockman working together, Karai still out there and Bishop plotting a new experiment involving the turtles, etc. Plenty of good material to work with.

Keldor1578
10-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Personally I'd say yes. I didn't care much for this version of the Shredder, or the cyber world. It felt just, well, out of place.

And like others have said, there were plenty of other interesting villains/characters to choose from. Hun and Stockman working together, Karai still out there and Bishop plotting a new experiment involving the turtles, etc. Plenty of good material to work with.

The Cyber Shredder was boring, he brought nothing new the table.

Ryanator008
10-25-2013, 03:20 PM

The Cyber World was the best part! If more of it was in BTTS, it would probably be my favorite season.

JH24
10-25-2013, 03:53 PM
The Cyber World was the best part! If more of it was in BTTS, it would probably be my favorite season.

Admittedly, there were some parts of it I liked. The episodes "Virtual Reality Check" and "Hacking Stockman" are among my favorites and made some clever use of the Cyber World.

For me personally I think it's more about the potential this season sacrificed to have another version of Shredder. One I'm not sure was alive, or just a program acting on its database/instruction set.

But it comes all down to opinions and personal views in the end. :)