PDA

View Full Version : "Blind Boxes"

Oisterboy
10-25-2013, 07:09 AM
So I remember seeing reddit had a redditgifts exchange for these. At the time I ignored it (I only do the + exchanges) but I got to googling random stuff the other night and I think I might wanna get into this.

Unfortunately (well, maybe fortunately) I don't have any place nearby that sells these so I'll need to buy them online. I was thinking it'd be fun to buy one every other week or something as a small reward to myself. I enjoy collecting stuff, but I tend to get out of hand with it sometimes :lol:

Do any of you guys buy these? Which series' are your favorites? I'm into graff and street art and stuff, so a lot of these seem to really follow the styles of stuff I like.

Also, where do you buy from online? I'd like somewhere with free shipping if possible. Spending $5 out of my check to treat myself to a little surprise sounds like fun.

Edit: Looks like I found some on ebay for $10, not $5...but ah, that equals $5 per week anyway. Theres some futurama ones I think I'd like to start with...

Brodie
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
I unfortunately buy into these. Usually for series that I like. Futurama, Disney stuff, Nintendo stuff and Transformers/GI Joe. I have 2 Bender keychains and a Sal for my troubles. No Zoidberg for this guy.

The Ninten'Dohs are cool.

Donatello19
10-25-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm a sucker for blind bags and boxes. I've been buying the Disney Mystery Minis and have had good luck so far except for ONE double.

Luigiperps
10-26-2013, 10:35 AM
At my local comic book store, when you buy a blind box and don't like what you get, you can trade it for one on display.

Oisterboy
10-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Thats an awesome policy *__* I wish I lived close to a good store. My nearest one is a 80 minute round trip :cry:

raph27
10-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I buy lots and lots of LEGO Minifigures. I've probably spent over $150 just on them alone.
If the TMNT bags come to the US I will buy them like crazy.

Brodie
10-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Which TMNT bags? I've gotten the Mash'em blind bags at Target and Wallgreens already.

Donatello19
10-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Which TMNT bags? I've gotten the Mash'em blind bags at Target and Wallgreens already.

Little bags that Playmates made. They have mini figures in them:
http://www.toyswholesale.com.au/Products/54280_m.jpg

The only one I really like is the foot soldier...
http://www.toysrus.com.au/www/732/files/460788_tmnt_mini_figures_blind_bag.jpg

Candy Kappa
10-30-2013, 12:36 AM
I love blindbags. Often buy the LEGO minifig series, also a huge fan of the Portal Turrent blind packs and re-ment food.

Also have a few of the WST Transformers figures

Butuking
11-02-2013, 11:02 AM
My favorite blind bag/box figures would have to be the Futurama mini vinyls from Kidrobot. Love the show very much and I was fortunate to pick up Zoidberg, Fry and Bender who happen to be my favorite 3 characters from the show. Kinda pricy but they also make other figures from other shows like South Park/Simpsons/Family Guy etc.

Brodie
11-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I picked up one of the Walking Dead blind boxes at Target on the fly on Halloween.

Not bad, I got the Screwdriver-in-the-eye Zombie. The sculpt is neat, I'm looking forward to the Horror Movie blind Boxes that'll be a similar series.

raph27
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
I found some new ones: Hobbit Chibis. I got some Avengers ones, so I got a pack. THEY ARE SO AWESOME AND CUTE. I got Gandalf, Bombur, and Kili.

Brodie
11-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Man, today was a blind box day. Two Zelda blind balls, and two Funko Mystery Mini Disney figures.

Oisterboy
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Got Mom today...

http://i.imgur.com/Fcgb4IFl.jpg

She's my least favorite and I get her second box I buy (first was Nibbler).

Ah well, if I wanna complete my set I'll need her, right?...

Will be buying more, but my PS4 broke me this (and next) week.

Butuking
11-07-2013, 10:40 PM
^ That's awesome! If you're trying to complete the whole set, I wish you the best of luck. Robot Devil is gonna be a doozy to get, unless luck is on your side. I'm also on the same boat as you, I also have a PS4 preorder which my fiancée wasn't too happy about me preordering.

Donatello19
11-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Man, today was a blind box day. Two Zelda blind balls, and two Funko Mystery Mini Disney figures.

Which Disney figures did you get? So far my collection consists of:

2 Open mouthed Mickeys
1 Arms raised Malefecient
1 Standing, eyes closed Pooh
1 Eyes closed hula Stitch.

Brodie
11-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Eyes closed Pooh standing, and Angry Mike.

I really want to get a Stitch.

Slimer Joel
11-30-2013, 07:17 PM
I occasionally will buy Transformers Kre-O Blindbagged minifigures. They're the LEGO Transformers we never got.

Oisterboy
12-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Since I posted this I've gone a bit crazy with these lol. I bought a case of 2013 dunnys and the big hypnotoad >_< got a few Simpsons boxes too.

Definitely plan on buying a case of the evolved Dunnys next time I get some cash on hand too.

Mona_Lisa
06-25-2014, 02:24 PM
This is a little unrelated, but I can't remember how to make a new thread!!!!:-? (I'm so lame) Is anyone partisapating in this????
http://redditgifts.com/exchanges/tmnt/?source=nick?id=TMNTFB

HugeBadWolf
06-27-2014, 02:51 AM
I occasionally will buy Transformers Kre-O Blindbagged minifigures. They're the LEGO Transformers we never got.

I love those guys!
Like that Hasbro puts little ID numbers on the bags, so even if you don't have a list of who's who you can still avoid getting doubles (or army build if you do have a list!)

Cheers,
Doug

Freeman
06-30-2014, 05:39 AM
This is a little unrelated, but I can't remember how to make a new thread!!!!:-? (I'm so lame) Is anyone partisapating in this????
http://redditgifts.com/exchanges/tmnt/?source=nick?id=TMNTFB

I friend just passed me the link for this project too.
650 participants is good enough for me, so I may join.
What do you guys think?