PDA

View Full Version : TMNT (almost) don't exist in digital distribution

MartiusR
11-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Well, except the TMNT: Out of the Shadow on Steam, we've got nothing more for now. No classic TMNT games on GOG or dotemu, nothing more on Steam, Desura... I'm dreaming about the relase of older Konami titles in the way, like Sega did with elder titles (even with those, which weren't able earlier on the PC). It is quite sad, that all of the turtles titles have not more than several dozens of votes in GOG's wishlist :(

By the way... I'm not too good with "copyright stuff", but can it be some kind of obstacle (for Konami, GOG etc), that now the all rights to the TMNT are in Nickelodeon hands?

Airconny
11-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I would think that it would be a problem, since copyright issues are always a run-in when trying to ''perfect-port'' classic games onto newer consoles/video game distributors.

I think the most noticeable copyright problem they'll run into the start is music licensing, since this actually has been a a common problem (ex. the numerous ports of Turtles in Time) for a while now with the TMNT series.

I do hope they manage to actually try and see if they can license all the music from the games, since most have them have a /really/ good original score. :trazz: