PDA

View Full Version : If you were to take over TMNTFF...

Inuwashi-Gunjin-Savior
11-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Here's an interesting question that may, or may not, have been presented before:

If you were given the chance to direct Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward, what would you have done different?

What would you have added to the show?

What would you have removed?

Basically, how would you envision the world in the year 2105?

Powder
11-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Better villains. I really liked Sh'Okanabo & the dark turtles, but few else. Love the series otherwise. I guess I would have enjoyed them making use of old school characters from either the Mirage books or OT.

Shark_Blade
11-11-2013, 04:06 AM
Fast Forward would be very fast indeed. Like 1 episode fast. :tcool:

ObiWanFan4life
11-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Makimg it more like Batman Beyond. Adding mature story arcs, making the villains more interesting, & getting rid of cody might be a good start.

Yorae
11-11-2013, 05:21 AM
I would give it the same design and animation style as seasons 1 to 4.

Jester
11-11-2013, 07:01 AM
I'd have done Season 2 instead of Back to the Sewer....

ZariusTwo
11-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Makimg it more like Batman Beyond. Adding mature story arcs, making the villains more interesting, & getting rid of cody might be a good start.

I think there was a load of potential in having Cody, it's just making him a child prodigy genius wasnt a wise choice. Someone a little more street, witty and easy going with less of a privelege would have sufficed better, if anything he just made April and Casey seem like they overaccomplished in their future and that's not why we like those characters.

miru
11-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I would have gotten rid of Cody Jones. I would have had April go with the turtles, for a second toy+ some character development. Include some mature storylines like 1-4 did.

CyberCubed
11-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Just make the animation the same as Seasons 1-4. And get rid of It's Ninja time.

Other than that it was fine.

Technogeek29
11-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Would've made Cody a bit more like Casey but as smart as April. Like he wants to go out and be a vigilante but unlike Casey he isn't a muscle bound powerhouse who can take hit after hit. So He gets the idea to have the Turtles teach him and bring them to the Future.

Also would've had this arc focus more on Don since apparently he is the one who created most of this stuff. The other Turtles can have their moments to. Such as, Raph being a little down that crime on the streets has virtually vanish and see old things he like about the city be destroyed and replace.

Leo would've found a future version of himself (their Turtles they could live that long) as the leader of the new Foot Clan, and Mikey would've been kidnapped and gone for the first 4 episodes by the Space pirates and have to find his way back to his family. Here instead of making him immerse in the future he wants to stop the Space pirates and Rescue and fellow slaves since he himself can sympathize. Also have him meet the Neutrino's most likely in the first 4 episodes I mentioned.

Those or my ideas for Fast Forward not too much a tone shift from previous seasons. I would keep Sh'okanabo, and Sixxth and still have Bishop good as I like that part. And of course Stockman can keep his happy ending (lord knows he needs it) Maybe Viral didn't hate her but she wasn't utilized much in the show.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Have the same animation and tone as the previous seasons.

Also change the theme tune.

Icebot
11-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I would have the turtles go straight back to their home time without Viral's interference and Splinter wouldn't get zapped into data bits. Also, an ending for Darius Dunn.

Either that or just have the turtles succeed in going back to their home time at the end of Timing Is Everything as they almost did that time.

DarthEmpress
11-11-2013, 05:28 PM
I would rather have seen the turtles' lives 30+ years in the future (like after the Utroms reveal themselves to the world) instead of them time traveling and it would've been an opportunity to finally see Shadow in a series outside of the comics. I loved her relationship with her turtle uncles, especially Mikey. I imagine Master Splinter would be gone by then, and I doubt the turtles would be together this far in the future. It would be an interesting thing to show what the turtles would do on their own and how they'd get back together.

dragonside
11-16-2013, 08:39 AM
I like that Batman Beyond idea.

Maybe training a new group.. not Cody.

Although this kind of happened with the Dark Turtles.... but that was never really concluded on, and i don't think that was the intention.

It might have been more interesting if the dark turtles weren't fully grown.
If they were younger and more inexperienced, rather than fully grown beasts.

For the most part, the future world depicted seemed too good to be true.

An apocalyptic future may have been more interesting a la Same as it Never Was.

But I definitely enjoyed the more light hearted affair as well

Vivi
11-16-2013, 11:10 AM
FF season 2. No doubt. Tie up loose ends with Darius, Dark Turtles etc. Space Usagi. Maybe have the turtles finally get one over on Zixx.

Bossa Nova
11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I probably would have introduced the Dark Turtles way earlier and given them a much more extensive plot, as well as actually wrapping up what happened to them. Of all the villains introduced this season they were by far the most interesting and could very well have been the main villains of the entire season, especially since they had a lot of potential for growth and ultimately redeeming themselves. Or, use their introduction in the first season and gone ahead with a second season where they were of a much bigger focus.

I also would have liked to have seen some one on one interaction between Don and Bishop. We never really get to see Don deal with the aftermath of his second mutation, and one could argue Don having to not only see, but work for Bishop after what he did is pretty messed up. It's a topic I would have liked to see addressed in at least one episode.

As for characters I could do without, that would go to Jammerhead and Triple Threat. Ugly, boring and annoying. I wouldn't get rid of Cody or Starlee, but I do think their characters could have done with some tweaking. I actually like how Cody was pretty sheltered, as it actually gave the turtles a chance to be the ones in charge when it came to exploring the streets like the average person. If Cody had already known about all these things I think it would have taken some of the fun out it, like when they visited the theater. Starlee's design could have been completely done over, and altogether I wouldn't mind if BOTH of them were older. I suppose I can swallow that since Starlee is an alien her intelligence level might be higher than the average humans, but after awhile it felt like all of this amazing technology was being built by children. Still, I wouldn't have minded if they were at least in the early to mid twenties like Casey and April. Oh, and the Inuwashi Gunjin...what was even their point again?

Venom
11-16-2013, 01:26 PM
I'd have done Season 2 instead of Back to the Sewer....

This. Space Usagi... :cry:

Vivi
11-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I probably would have introduced the Dark Turtles way earlier and given them a much more extensive plot, as well as actually wrapping up what happened to them. Of all the villains introduced this season they were by far the most interesting and could very well have been the main villains of the entire season, especially since they had a lot of potential for growth and ultimately redeeming themselves. Or, use their introduction in the first season and gone ahead with a second season where they were of a much bigger focus.

I also would have liked to have seen some one on one interaction between Don and Bishop. We never really get to see Don deal with the aftermath of his second mutation, and one could argue Don having to not only see, but work for Bishop after what he did is pretty messed up. It's a topic I would have liked to see addressed in at least one episode.

As for characters I could do without, that would go to Jammerhead and Triple Threat. Ugly, boring and annoying. I wouldn't get rid of Cody or Starlee, but I do think their characters could have done with some tweaking. I actually like how Cody was pretty sheltered, as it actually gave the turtles a chance to be the ones in charge when it came to exploring the streets like the average person. If Cody had already known about all these things I think it would have taken some of the fun out it, like when they visited the theater. Starlee's design could have been completely done over, and altogether I wouldn't mind if BOTH of them were older. I suppose I can swallow that since Starlee is an alien her intelligence level might be higher than the average humans, but after awhile it felt like all of this amazing technology was being built by children. Still, I wouldn't have minded if they were at least in the early to mid twenties like Casey and April. Oh, and the Inuwashi Gunjin...what was even their point again?

x1000. I'm on board with all this, too.