PDA

View Full Version : Karai Figure 2014

kamakazimonkey
11-15-2013, 10:01 PM
So i sent an email to playmates asking about karai, and this was their response.

Adrian,
We have noticed how important Karai has been to the TMNT show. We are currently working on getting a Karai figure out in the 2014 line-up. I do not have a definite date, but look for her next year!

Aubrie Fox
Consumer Services
Playmates Toys

Ninjinister
11-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Good. Now can we find out about the important figure? I want my Mutant Wasp.

psychturtle
11-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm betting she doesnt sell very well. At least some here will have a toy-gasm haha

kamakazimonkey
11-15-2013, 10:26 PM
i think she'll be as rare as april was, but im so happy that they will deffiantly bring her out, to bad to wasnt sooner

Donatello19
11-16-2013, 08:16 AM
It's good that it's confirmed now. I knew we'd get one eventually, but I didn't think this soon. My guess is that she'll be out in the Fall of 2014. I'm sure they'll keep her one per however many cases...they learned their lesson with April.

Toadtrooper
11-17-2013, 03:40 PM
It's not a confirmation. Departments don't talk to each other like people seem to think they do. Customer service doesn't know research and development which doesn't know legal which doesn't know investor relations, etc.

If Karai were planned today, it would take at about a year to get her to mass retail. So 2014 seems increasingly unlikely. January/February 2015 at the earliest, but I'm not expecting her to be in the line at all.

I'm still waiting for certain toy companies to do things that they officially said would happen years ago. So don't put much stock in an unofficial, unverified message by somebody who has no authority to announce or confirm upcoming figures.

Because then you'll just blame poor, possibly-imaginary Aubrie Fox when Karai never shows up, when you should blame fairly anonymous speculation and rumors on the Internet instead.

:)

miru
11-17-2013, 09:34 PM
It's not a confirmation. Departments don't talk to each other like people seem to think they do. Customer service doesn't know research and development which doesn't know legal which doesn't know investor relations, etc.

If Karai were planned today, it would take at about a year to get her to mass retail. So 2014 seems increasingly unlikely. January/February 2015 at the earliest, but I'm not expecting her to be in the line at all.

I'm still waiting for certain toy companies to do things that they officially said would happen years ago. So don't put much stock in an unofficial, unverified message by somebody who has no authority to announce or confirm upcoming figures.

Because then you'll just blame poor, possibly-imaginary Aubrie Fox when Karai never shows up, when you should blame fairly anonymous speculation and rumors on the Internet instead.

:)

You did say she wasn't an option until mutating her was off the table a while back, plus there's the Classic line, or maybe a Comic Book-2 Pack or a sidekick figure.

Also:

(Insert pictures of Toon Irma, Burne, and Vernon here)