PDA

View Full Version : Nes tmnt tournament fighters

ls1z28
11-20-2013, 09:23 AM
I was browsing eBay for tmnt 3 nes game, came across the tournament fighters game. Why is it so much for that particular game?? Just wondering..

Tazi
11-20-2013, 10:14 AM
That's just a guess, but it came out in 1994, around the end of the NES era, so it might not sold too well, and there might be a lot less cartridges made then before. (hell, at december '94 they released Playstation 1.)

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
01-28-2014, 10:59 PM
The NES version of Tournament Fighters was also released on SNES & Sega (both 16 bit systems) so most people bought it on the newer systems. It was released towards the end of the NES era. Hence the rarity.

CyberCubed
01-28-2014, 11:28 PM
The NES version of Tournament Fighters was also released on SNES & Sega (both 16 bit systems) so most people bought it on the newer systems. It was released towards the end of the NES era. Hence the rarity.

The SNES and Genesis versions of Tournament Fighters were completely different games from the NES version.

All 3 of them had unique rosters, levels, and gameplay.

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
01-29-2014, 08:09 AM
The SNES and Genesis versions of Tournament Fighters were completely different games from the NES version.

All 3 of them had unique rosters, levels, and gameplay.

They did all differ. But back then, for the most part, most people just had one system or if you had upgraded from a NES to a SNES (or SEGA) then you probably still didn't buy the game twice. Of course there were exceptions to my statement, but as I said- for the most part. Communication about games wasn't what it is now- if you didn't subscribe (or pick up at the store) to a magazine you were largely in the dark. Unless you had a friend who had it, or played it, you probably wouldn't have known that until much later. But still most kids were begging to get a new game and probably wouldn't have wasted the effort on a different system's version of a game they already had (assuming they even had 2 different systems- NES & one of the 2 16 bit systems mentioned). If you wanted to play the other version, odds are you would go to your friends house and play theirs.

SlashMaster
03-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Was never big on this one. Loved the use of Armaggon from the Archie comics but this was hard as hell, for me anyway.

Powder
03-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Armaggon is in the SNES version, this thread is for the NES version.

I Crave Pizza No More
03-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Wowzers those eBay prices are nuts. I paid like $10 for this game at some point.

darthsmozers
05-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I thought I read somewhere some time ago that this was the last NES game published. If not, it was certainly close.

Brianardo
06-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Luckily I had both this and SNES version. And now with my Hyperkin Retron console, I play them and my other old games through an hdmi cable. Ah, the memories

Ninjinister
06-28-2014, 11:53 AM
And I thought the $14.99 I paid for it in the late '90's was pricey.

JamieH
06-28-2014, 11:59 AM
So, what is the roster for the NES version? It's news to me that there even was a NES version of the game.

Ninjinister
06-28-2014, 12:16 PM
So, what is the roster for the NES version? It's news to me that there even was a NES version of the game.

Leo, Don, Mike, Raph, Casey, Shredder, Hothead.

Gentleman Octopus
08-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Yeah the NES version was weird. It was more about the Turtles fighting each other to see who was the better fighter, rather than the intergalactic or fighting tournament storylines of the SNES and Sega editions of the game.

nellyp
08-28-2014, 09:59 PM
I have the SNES and Genesis versions and only played the NES version on Emulator. I should track it down to go along side the 3 main games on the NES I have. My TMNT 3: Manhattan Project is broken though. A stark reminder of why you don't lend games you care about.

While the SNES version of TMNT:TF is my favorite I liked how they all had different characters in them and a different turtle on the cover: Leo on the NES box, Don on the SNES, and Raph on the Genesis box. Sadly no box art for Mikey though.

Tack
09-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Remember Nintendo Power's explanation about why you couldn't have Hothead vs Hothead?

“You can’t fight as Hot Head vs. Hot Head because the dragon spirit won’t allow such a battle to take place.”

Ecto Jedi
09-05-2014, 11:46 PM
I thought I read somewhere some time ago that this was the last NES game published. If not, it was certainly close.

Wasn't Wario's Woods the last official NES release?

Tack
09-05-2014, 11:48 PM
I think so.

RaphaelinSTL
09-07-2014, 01:14 AM
Just played this game again the other day. I remember beating it way back when but holy hell it is difficult. I loved how each game had it's own vibe and character roster though. Seems like SNES got the best of em in my opinion.

NES game is great though as well.

bronty
09-07-2014, 11:32 PM

No that was Warios Woods. But yes this was very close.

bronty
09-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Wasn't Wario's Woods the last official NES release?

Beat me to it!