PDA

View Full Version : An Animated Movie

LeotheLateBloomer
11-21-2013, 06:46 AM
What do you guys think of the idea of an animated movie based on this cartoon, maybe a direct-to-video movie? Would you like it to be based on a comic arc or something original with a great story? Sort of like The Batman movie, "The Batman VS Dracula".

Foot Soldier Clang
11-21-2013, 11:10 AM
I'd be down for a Nick TMNT movie. The season finale felt kind of cinematic, and just needed a slightly longer running time and it would have fit the bill for me.

AT-Man
11-21-2013, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't mind another Turtles Forever type of solution.

Powder
11-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I'd love that, but I'd rather it be set apart from the continuity of the main series a little bit. All I really mean by that is that I'd prefer something that doesn't need to be seen in order for the regular episodes to flow or carry a story. Something really cool that can stand alone. A road trip or something, maybe. Or a day at home where they have flashbacks of little incidents that happened when the turtles were kids, kinda like the 2k3 series did.

CyberCubed
11-21-2013, 03:18 PM
A movie would probably involve new villains like Armaggon, Triceratons or other dimension x stuff.

pingclang
11-21-2013, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Maybe throw in some world hopping and turn it into something epic in scale. That would rock.

Aaronardo
11-21-2013, 04:12 PM
It'd have to be something to blow our socks off.

Like Powder said, it shouldn't follow any continuity. It could be a comic arc, or just something on a scale would equal "The Most Awesome Thing To Ever Come To Anything Ever". I would have high expectations is what I'm getting at here, simply because I believe the writers can pull it off!

Cure
11-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Sure, why not? Could be neat. Make it something original.

Jester
11-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Not that I wouldn't want one, but haven't we done this thread before?

Coola Yagami
11-21-2013, 05:51 PM
I'd rather it not be canon to the show. Bring on Mirage #1/Silent Partner/Return to New York, and the sequel, City at War.

Luckyday
11-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I'd rather it not be canon to the show. Bring on Mirage #1/Silent Partner/Return to New York, and the sequel, City at War.

I think that is what everyone want to see including Peter Laird, himself. Everyone is dying to see a City at War movie. I ,on the other hand, would rather see Mirage volume 4 movie.

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
11-21-2013, 08:55 PM
I would totally buy a direct to DVD Nick TMNT movie. Largely due to how much my son and I enjoy watching the turtles together and I need another Nick Turtles DVD. I also know that the Nick crew could really come up with some great storylines, I've yet to be disappointed! They have put together an awesome group of talent for this show. I think that Nick picking up the franchise (vs some of the lesser known or lower powered advertising budget guys) was a great catalyst for launching the turtles back into the public's eye. Nick has so much pull that I feel totally comfortable with them being capable of throwing everything at this project and it continuing to rocket on for years to come. A welcome prospect indeed! I'd love for this series to be around 5+ years from now (maybe more :tgrin:).

shreddinghead
11-21-2013, 09:31 PM
A Nick TMNT movie would most likely be a good replacement for the new Bay turtles movie with Megan Fox. I would definitely give it my time.

BubblyShell22
11-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Yes, I'd love to see a Nick TMNT movie. As Powder said, I'd like for it to be its own thing, but I think they could pull it off nicely if given the chance.

Aaronardo
11-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Return to New York, and the sequel, City at War.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/Aaronardo/Illeatthiscomicbook.jpg (http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Aaronardo/media/Illeatthiscomicbook.jpg.html)

Seriously, though. That would be the coolest damn thing ever. I'd never be able to thank them enough if they did this.

Electric
11-22-2013, 03:14 PM
would love this to happen. and definitely would like it to be set apart from the shows, so that you dont need to watch the movie to understand future shows. i think something along the lines of the triceratons would be a good focus for it, or maybe some other tmnt character that they dont plan on using in the show, that still fit perfectly in this world. maybe even bishop?

kelligrafie
11-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I would love to see a Nick Turtles film.

But I don't know how they'd manage it with the horrific amount of production they have to do in a minimal time slot right now. Probably not for a while unless they drafted in a lot of extra staff members.

But if it were properly managed, had the same overseers and they were given enough money and most importantly, time, to do it, I really think it could be special.

Coola Yagami
11-23-2013, 09:02 PM
I'd rather they not based it on the show. Especially if they change things that will affect the seasons. You shouldn't have to watch a movie to understand why so many things changed in season 4 for example. But then again, doesn't Nick do that with a lot of their shows? Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and such?

sdp
11-24-2013, 02:31 PM
We already have one it's called TMNT 2007. But yeah I'd love to have a DTV of the new show, sad that the OT and 2k3 shows never got one..

Powder
11-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Technically, they both did. Turtles Forever.

Aaronardo
11-25-2013, 07:42 AM
We already have one it's called TMNT 2007.

That movie is stand-alone. It had no affiliation with the 2k3 series or anything else TMNT for that matter.

Ryanator008
11-30-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm all for them having a completely stand-alone TV movie with a slightly higher budget and an original villain that is only in said movie.